• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lain

Tag shark as the first person to hit it, kill shark, can't loot shark while another ally can. What the fuck is wrong with you Blizzard?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Disv Priest is doing very little (if anything) for me unfortunately, got her to 102 but dont think ill carry on for now. I did go back to the Warlock (again lol) and decided to give Destro a go (after fixing my broken quest) and it actually seems very decent. Im killing shit fast and its fun (those portals look awesome) so, even tho its not the spec I initially wanted, this might be the Lock redemption for me.

Also feels nice to use those green fire spells since it was a ballache to get >_>

Kurrman

Neo Member
Been enjoying the hell out of Legion, as it has been a while since i have played WoW. I do have a question if someone could answer. I'm wanting to get the Firelord set for my Fire Mage so I can look even more badass. Can I still get into the Throne of Four Winds raid (if my research is correct on this) and do you think I can solo it as an iLvL 838 Mage? If anyone knows of an easier way to get this set let me know! Thankd.

Been enjoying the hell out of Legion, as it has been a while since i have played WoW. I do have a question if someone could answer. I'm wanting to get the Firelord set for my Fire Mage so I can look even more badass. Can I still get into the Throne of Four Winds raid (if my research is correct on this) and do you think I can solo it as an iLvL 838 Mage? If anyone knows of an easier way to get this set let me know! Thankd.

Yup you would crush that raid. I did it with my eyes closed at the end of WoD. Also, some pieces of that set also drop in Bastion of Twilight.

So, after returning from a 3 year break, I think the biggest thing that's odd to me is not needing all of my Key Binds. I'm a Rogue and had something like 15-25 maybe? Now I'm down to what feels like under 10.

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but I keep hitting old keys that do nothing.

lazygecko

I dont even know what augment runes are :eek:

They are stat buff consumables that you can stack alongside flask and food buffs. Not as powerful as the latter. It's mostly something for the minmaxers to care about. Blizzard's intent seems to be to generate these into the player economy from more casual content for more serious raiders to buy from the auction house.

Pickman

So, after returning from a 3 year break, I think the biggest thing that's odd to me is not needing all of my Key Binds. I'm a Rogue and had something like 15-25 maybe? Now I'm down to what feels like under 10.

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but I keep hitting old keys that do nothing.

The streamlining of the total keys to less than 10 for most character abilities is a thing I really love about this expansion. Tanks have it a little more difficult with the survival cooldowns, but a very basic rotation which offsets it. Healers still baffle me and always will.

But the fact I no longer need to have a ton of macros in order to get the most out of my class is refreshing. As a former hardcore-gone-casual, it makes me feel like I could still be competitive without having to do a ton of extra homework on mechanics and timing and the like.

Mupod

when exactly does the new stuff go live in NA? After the morning restarts? I can do a half day this week, might as well do it tomorrow to get a head start on LFR and world bosses (if they're up?).

The streamlining of the total keys to less than 10 for most character abilities is a thing I really love about this expansion. Tanks have it a little more difficult with the survival cooldowns, but a very basic rotation which offsets it. Healers still baffle me and always will.

But the fact I no longer need to have a ton of macros in order to get the most out of my class is refreshing. As a former hardcore-gone-casual, it makes me feel like I could still be competitive without having to do a ton of extra homework on mechanics and timing and the like.

Yeah, I can agree with that. What's nice is, if you really want more buttons to press, it looks like most classes can get extra stuff through talents.

CHC

Exactly how I feel. So glad I don't have to research 10 new highly situational abilites and make macros or learn how to use them. And a lot of the rotations are much more dynamic / proc based so it's not just mindlessly slamming the same stuff. Really, really enjoy the culling of abilities across the board and its easily worth the cost of a couple cool abilities getting removed.

After all, each class should have noted weaknesses as well as strengths, otherwise you wind up with Cataclysm / Mists levels of homogenization again. It was refreshing reading Blizzard's comments on warlock mobility recently - basically "we could easily fix it if we wanted, but then we'd be moving back towards homogenization." Not the best news for Warlocks but I'm happy that they have a vision and are committing to it rather than giving in to complaints on the forums.

Highmountain Salmon are way too rare. How am I supposed to cook with fish no one can find

Wait until the patch, you'll be able to buy them with Blood of Sargeras. Not sure how much though.....

Exactly how I feel. So glad I don't have to research 10 new highly situational abilites and make macros or learn how to use them. And a lot of the rotations are much more dynamic / proc based so it's not just mindlessly slamming the same stuff. Really, really enjoy the culling of abilities across the board and its easily worth the cost of a couple cool abilities getting removed.

After all, each class should have noted weaknesses as well as strengths, otherwise you wind up with Cataclysm / Mists levels of homogenization again. It was refreshing reading Blizzard's comments on warlock mobility recently - basically "we could easily fix it if we wanted, but then we'd be moving back towards homogenization." Not the best news for Warlocks but I'm happy that they have a vision and are committing to it rather than giving in to complaints on the forums.

I agree as well. And I also like what they did with the talent tree too, because if you really wanted to, there's an active ability in almost every tier. So, in addition to the artifact ability, you could double your active skill pool if you really wanted to.

Megasoum

Banned
Funny story... If you do a realm transfer with a character that dual wield weapons his off-hand will be unequipped after the transfer.

Got scared a bit this morning when my Windwalker monk only had one of his two artifact fist weapon. Thought that maybe the guy in the class hall would give me back my second weapon but nope...

Looked on Google and turns out you simply need to unequip the weapon and re-equip it to fix the issue... Phew...

Mupod

get the fishing artifact* and you'll have aaaalll the fish you'll ever need. Or at least be able to pull up entire schools at once.

*retaining sanity not guaranteed after chasing your last rare fish for 3 hours.

Megasoum

Banned
So how are you guys doing quests exactly when going from 100 to 110?

I'm almost halfway through 103 and I'm still in Azsuna. Granted I think I'm probably close to done with the zone but still...

If it keeps going at the same rhythm I won't even be closed to doing all the zones before I hit 110.

I'm sure you're not supposed to have to do every single quests to get to the cap but I'd love to be able to see all those zones.

Zelias

Banned
Hm, I levelled my Shaman to 110 but... can't be bothered to gear her up or anything. Doesn't help that I find Elemental deeply unimpressive. I think this might be the expansion where I focus on one main character, in this case my DK.

If nothing else it frees me up to play other games or do achievement hunting or whatever.

I'm almost halfway through 103 and I'm still in Azsuna. Granted I think I'm probably close to done with the zone but still...

If it keeps going at the same rhythm I won't even be closed to doing all the zones before I hit 110.

I'm sure you're not supposed to have to do every single quests to get to the cap but I'd love to be able to see all those zones.
I finished Aszuna and Stormheim, and dinged 110 half way through Highmountain. You'll probably have atleast one of the zones left + Suramar ofcourse.

Sarcasm

Two options:

In quest log you can only finish the chapters (which get you to friendly) and then move on.

OR

Do everything, which nets more rep.

I have two 110's. One did all and yea I got to 110 in 2.5 zones. Other just the chapters and still had zones left over.

Khezu

Why did they replace the Survival Hunter sentry turret with spitting cobra?

That is such a downgrade.

Also other nit picky thematic issues, rangers net should be a bola, and explosive trap should be replaced with anything else because throwing a mine on the ground in front of you is silly.

Thematically Survival is all over the place.
Should have just went full tinker, I doubt that will ever become a full class.
I mean we can tame robot pets now, would be the perfect time.

Yup, kinda sad since that makes Heroics pointless. I'm also not the type of person to look for a mythic group unless someone organizes one in gchat.

They also need a better reward for daily dungeon. The artifact power token by itself is just sort of lame. Add some order resources or a champion equipment item to the reward and I'd be more inclined to run heroics.

carlsojo

Do it until it stops being fun, until you get a class or profession quest to go somewhere else, or leave when you get Friendly with that zone's rep.

I think doing all the main quests I finish about 4 zones total. Now that I'm working on alts I tend to leave when I get a profession/class quest to go elsewhere.

Tacitus_

Just do the storylines in the achievement or get the Pillar and then to the next zone. You'll be zigzagging the zones for WQs at max anyway.

I was at cap before completing my third zone. Stormheim > Azsuna > Highmountain > Val'sharah. I do every quest that I stumble across, all of the main questline and every optional hub I find. Since the main zone, order hall and profession quests don't take you through the entire zone, I often go exploring to reveal the whole map and find the other quest hubs. If you do every quest in a zone, you will easily hit Honored Reputation with that zones faction, which will help you out with working towards Legion Pathfinder and other things gated behind faction rep with faction and order hall quarter masters.

Fjordson

I just exhaust the zone before moving on. For rep and so I can see the story. Like I hit 110 on my DK with three zones. Haven't even stepped foot into Azsuna yet.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just do main storyline stuff.

2 levels in Aszuna, 3 levels in Stormheim, 2 levels in Valshara, 3 levels in Highmountain.

Usually the storyline isn't enough so by the end I just look for some random chain like the Nesingwary one.

MMaRsu

What are good items to invest in? I have about 100k left now after buying up a whole bunch of random shit like Orbs of Deception but I dont know if they will sell.

I bought a few of those orbs under 10k so Im trying to sell them for a bit more

I played through every zone, doing every single quest and quest chain that I came across before moving on. I read every quest and watched every cut scene.

I really really like this expansion.

I will push through each zone as fast as possible on my alts. I am not a fan of doing the same stuff more than once.

RPGCrazied

I played through every zone, doing every single quest and quest chain that I came across before moving on. I read every quest and watched every cut scene.

I will push through each zone as fast as possible on my alts. I am not a fan of doing the same stuff more than once.

Same, on the first character. Now that I'm on another one, I skip everything. Quest text, cinematics. It goes by faster.

Tenebrous

It's the other way around for me. Once I've got stuff sorted out & I'm into a routine, then I can take my time with an alt.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
as I was trying to find out whether suramar was just a retcon or if I was misremembering TFT I started reading Warcraft lore (a mistake, kill me) but anyway it occurred to me that the 'sargeras wants to destroy everything to stop the old gods'....'plot'....doesn't make any sense, because the goal of the void lords is also to wipe out all life. like the only reason sargeras wants to wipe out all life is to stop the void lords from doing it first.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
as I was trying to find out whether suramar was just a retcon or if I was misremembering TFT I started reading Warcraft lore (a mistake, kill me) but anyway it occurred to me that the 'sargeras wants to destroy everything to stop the old gods'....'plot'....doesn't make any sense, because the goal of the void lords is also to wipe out all life. like the only reason sargeras wants to wipe out all life is to stop the void lords from doing it first.

void lords probably gain power from doing it. sargeras is basically stealing their lunch before they can

Tacitus_

Everything surrounding Sargeras has been retconned several times. It's useless to try to make sense of it.

Magneto is a villain, Magneto is good, Magneto is dead, Magneto is alive again and is now a baby, Magneto is a young man and he's a good guy, Magneto is an old man again, Magneto is evil again...

While it's all well and good to get invested in a fun story, World of Warcraft is pretty much on the same level and complexity as a Marvel or DC superhero comic. It's hammy, pulp-y entertainment. After a decade there's going to be some continuity errors and retcons.

Gnomes should be allowed to be every class.

Oh my god, that would be amazing. But only if they had small versions of every animal form with some sort of gadgets strapped to them.

Top Bottom