• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bouncy is the secret best passive in this expansion >_>

Maledict

It was Darkheart Thicket.

...if you want Halls of Valor why don't you just queue for Halls of Valor?

Because you can only do a heroic once a day, so by randomly queuing you get to do the same dungeon multiple times.

Will add that its an incredibly sucky thing to do to a group, and people doing it should be ashamed. You're screwing people over in a really selfish way.

Tenebrous

It was Darkheart Thicket.

...if you want Halls of Valor why don't you just queue for Halls of Valor?

I do... Once, anyway.

Because you can only do a heroic once a day, so by randomly queuing you get to do the same dungeon multiple times.

Will add that its an incredibly sucky thing to do to a group, and people doing it should be ashamed. You're screwing people over in a really selfish way.

Will get replaced in under a minute, so it's not like I'm screwing people over that much. Plus after 30 full clears of that place, I'm not really feeling the need to go through it all again... It's not my fault Blizzard made trinkets rare as shit. I've 850+ in every slot with an 875 artifact, and all I can manage after 200+ heroics and 28 mythics is a few 830 trinkets.

Rizzi

Got my mage to 105, and got my class campaign up to step one of "run 5 garrison missions before you can continue."
Ugh.

Mupod

Well I thought I was fully prepared in terms of food, flask and potion mats but wow it takes a lot to make flasks this time around. Still was able to come up with 10 each of strength and stamina.

DPS potions are a different problem entirely. From what I understand the melee one (Potion of the Old War) has been broken for a very long time and is unlikely to be fixed by tomorrow. So I have mats stockpiled for those but I made a few Deadly Grace instead for now.

The limiting factor are Starlight Roses. 100g each is the usual price on my server but I've been able to get them for 60-70 by being patient.

Here's hoping I actually get a raid spot. This guild I was dragged into doesn't strike me as a 'meritocracy' and I'm fine with that. If I have to, I have a backup plan (my old guild), and I could pug it. Hell in WoD the guys who pugged everything got further in Heroic in the first week than the actual guild.

Like I thought they could at least have a vaguely plausible reason like the barrier around the city also put an illusion on it?

AN ILLUSION?

Rizzi

Well I thought I was fully prepared in terms of food, flask and potion mats but wow it takes a lot to make flasks this time around. Still was able to come up with 10 each of strength and stamina.

DPS potions are a different problem entirely. From what I understand the melee one (Potion of the Old War) has been broken for a very long time and is unlikely to be fixed by tomorrow. So I have mats stockpiled for those but I made a few Deadly Grace instead for now.

The limiting factor are Starlight Roses. 100g each is the usual price on my server but I've been able to get them for 60-70 by being patient.

Here's hoping I actually get a raid spot. This guild I was dragged into doesn't strike me as a 'meritocracy' and I'm fine with that. If I have to, I have a backup plan (my old guild), and I could pug it. Hell in WoD the guys who pugged everything got further in Heroic in the first week than the actual guild.

AN ILLUSION?
WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?!

mclem

AN ILLUSION?

Speaking of which, I have a rather... unique problem with this. There's a podcast that I like - the Technical Difficulties - and I recently re-listened to this episode. And now I can't hear that overly-dramatic "AN ILLUSION" without thinking of their interpretation of drunk Richard Burton doing War of the Worlds (from 13:15ish). "A CYLINDER!"

Bizazedo

aw sweet a tank. Now we (ideally) need a healer because I would want to play DPS.

So far:

SATURDAY(sunday for Sarcasm)

• Ashodin -- Ramos-Dalaran (Ret Paladin)
  • Sarcasm -- ?? (Guardian Druid)

I know I'm not a healer ( :( ), but I'd like to get in on it. Bizazedo - Arms Warrior.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I do... Once, anyway.

Will get replaced in under a minute, so it's not like I'm screwing people over that much. Plus after 30 full clears of that place, I'm not really feeling the need to go through it all again... It's not my fault Blizzard made trinkets rare as shit. I've 850+ in every slot with an 875 artifact, and all I can manage after 200+ heroics and 28 mythics is a few 830 trinkets.

this is so crazy

i'm definitely way less play time in and i have DE'd 4 840+ trinkets

can't find ANY bracers though :(

CHC

I will NEVER STOP HATING fucking stupid ass tanks that attack other tanks in Dalaran sewers PvP. It's like an annoying fly buzzing in your face.

MEMO: We are both tanks. It's going to take FOREVER for either of us to kill the other. Leave me alone, go attack someone you can actually kill.

Tenebrous

this is so crazy

i'm definitely way less play time in and i have DE'd 4 840+ trinkets

can't find ANY bracers though :(

At least you can buy bracers. Good BoE tank trinkets don't exist.

World Quests are the only way I've been able to get trinkets whatsoever. They never seem to drop in dungeons.

Looks like the Battle.net armory is working again, except that it's reading the wrong numbers on gems. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Zubeldia/simple

Only trinkets I've got from World Quests have been 830/835 stat-sticks. None have procced 840+, and I've not seen a single dungeon quest for a trinket.

Tarazet

Only trinkets I've got from World Quests have been 830/835 stat-sticks. None have procced 840+, and I've not seen a single dungeon quest for a trinket.

First week of the expansion there was a WQ for a Mythic Spiked Counterweight, picked that up and it has served me extremely well. Then last week the Su'esh quest was bugged and gave everyone who ran it an 850 Devilsaur's Bite (or Shock Baton if you were playing a caster class). Since then I've also been able to get 840 and 845 Intellect trinkets from WQ's.

StMeph

Blizzard's design philosophies seem to be at odds with the current situation, and it's unlikely to be resolved until the next expansion.

They claim to want to make gear simple to understand so people who don't want to or know how to crunch numbers/run sims/use 3rd party resources can still upgrade reasonably without being too far off from optimal, but primary stats are so much weaker in Legion that lower-ilevel items are often much (MUCH) stronger than higher ilevel items depending on their secondaries. This goes against their philosophy and past attempts at streamlining stats/secondaries to push ilevel > all. It's just going to make bad/casual players even worse when they don't do their homework.

GG to all raid PUGs tomorrow.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Blizzard's design philosophies seem to be at odds with the current situation, and it's unlikely to be resolved until the next expansion.

They claim to want to make gear simple to understand so people who don't want to or know how to crunch numbers/run sims/use 3rd party resources can still upgrade reasonably without being too far off from optimal, but primary stats are so much weaker in Legion that lower-ilevel items are often much (MUCH) stronger than higher ilevel items depending on their secondaries. This goes against their philosophy and past attempts at streamlining stats/secondaries to push ilevel > all. It's just going to make bad/casual players even worse when they don't do their homework.

It's absolutely a problem, yeah. I think the game currently has more specs that prioritize secondary stats over main stats than any time in its history. And sadly I think a lot of it stems from relatively shoddy spec design. For example, multiple caster specs prioritize haste over int because they need high haste to basically get the spec to a point where you can actually execute an effective rotation.

The only caveat I can think of is Fire mage, where I think it actually makes sense for crit to be the end-all, be-all best stat.

If and when some time gets devoted to fixing some of the issues with these specs, we would see the gearing issue go away.

Mupod

huh? Since when has it been like this? I've been going with ilevel > all but just in case I have a bank full of the random slightly lower epics from Mythics/WQs I've found.

I don't keep up with sims or whatever. Based on my dungeon performance I should be okay in the raid tomorrow, but I can always get better.

Tenebrous

Remember that fake 8.0 stat sheet? Perhaps we're truly headed towards something like that... Where items just have +power.

*Shudders*

huh? Since when has it been like this? I've been going with ilevel > all but just in case I have a bank full of the random slightly lower epics from Mythics/WQs I've found.

I don't keep up with sims or whatever. Based on my dungeon performance I should be okay in the raid tomorrow, but I can always get better.

Depends on the class for most armor pieces, but necks/rings should almost always be chosen solely on the secondary stats.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Not having primary stats on rings, necks and cloaks is interesting and nice because you can share those items with guildmates or others if it's not an upgrade, but at the same time it feels kind of dull.

Impulsor

I want the burning plate of the worldbreaker and I want it now.

:(

Why do some calsses have a secret appeanrece that is so easy to find but we warriors get shafted like this?

scy

We should get a NA Mythic group together. I'll play Holy if I have to.

Like I mean we don't have to do it now, but setup a list of those who want to do mythics and when.

I'm good for these hours

• Tuesday - Thursday All day, Saturday All day

Super late to this but I've been thinking the same thing. Usually just need DPS to fill out Mythic (and coming up Mythic+) things for our normal group and I don't generally like pugging out. That's myself as tank (DH/DK), a resto Druid, and Hunter, Monk, maybe DH for other people at least to this list.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maiev recognized the ruins in Broken Isles so like... what? Surely she knows that's where Suramar is.

Also it's supposed to look like this:
latest

Landing upon islands not shown on any of the Night Elves' charts, Maiev realised to her shock that she had arrived in the ancient city of Suramar, sunken beneath the waves thousands of years ago. Pondering upon this she and her companions began to search the islands for signs of Illidan.
lol

Haly

Even that's too pretty.

latest

I don't know where they got the tentacle beards.

"Okay, these guys are too ugly for our players. How can we pretty them up?"
"Tentacles on their chins?"

Rizzi

Even that's too pretty.

latest

I don't know where they got the tentacle beards.

"Okay, these guys are too ugly for our players. How can we pretty them up?"
"Tentacles on their chins?"

Yeah, Draenei still weird me out. "Oh they're the mutant Draenei"

We should get a NA Mythic group together. I'll play Holy if I have to.

Like I mean we don't have to do it now, but setup a list of those who want to do mythics and when.

I'm good for these hours

• Tuesday - Thursday All day, Saturday All day

I'm in for this as well. My main is Sain, an Alliance Rogue (Assassination, but I've played Outlaw a bit as well) on Lothar. I'm generally available after 8:00pm Eastern M-Th and the weekends are typically free with the exception of Friday/Saturday evening depending on personal plans.

Sarcasm

aw sweet a tank. Now we (ideally) need a healer because I would want to play DPS.

So far:

SATURDAY(sunday for Sarcasm)

• Ashodin -- Ramos-Dalaran (Ret Paladin)
  • Sarcasm -- ?? (Guardian Druid)

I'm in for this as well. My main is Sain, an Alliance Rogue (Assassination, but I've played Outlaw a bit as well) on Lothar. I'm generally available after 8:00pm Eastern M-Th and the weekends are typically free with the exception of Friday/Saturday evening depending on personal plans.

Super late to this but I've been thinking the same thing. Usually just need DPS to fill out Mythic (and coming up Mythic+) things for our normal group and I don't generally like pugging out. That's myself as tank (DH/DK), a resto Druid, and Hunter, Monk, maybe DH for other people at least to this list.

Horde side guys. =D

Lain

Not a single shark to kill for this "get 33 shark tooth" quest from the pirate day lady.
I'm always surprised at how someone could make these kind of quests (quests which are gonna draw many players in and ask them to hunt for something in a small spot) and then not give the mobs a quick respawn time, based on how fast they die or the number of people in the area or whatever.

Edit: and the teeth aren't even a 100% drop (sharks without teeth? lol). I just can't.

D'oh! I should have read further back in the thread. That said, there have to be some fine, upstanding Alliance citizens out there who would be willing to band together for some Mythic action.

Lain

Got that toy drop o nthe first giant shark kill. I guess that makes up for still trying to kill sharks with bad drops for this quest (managed to nab 3 sharks so far but only one dropped some teeth).

Val'sharah is my least favorite zone in this expansion. I actually dislike it.

You're not alone, I hate that place. Questing through it is fine, but doing WQs afterwards made me just loathe it. It's just little pockets surrounded by hills you can't climb, trees everywhere so you can't see shit, caves under everything, 3 levels of elevation so finding anything is a pain in the ass, and all the lore sucks ass anyway. Fuck Val'sharah. Xavius having godlike powers is so stupid.

Haly

3 mage group, one fire, one frost, one arcane.

nerdgasm!

Top Bottom