• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lain

The CRZ is once again making me hate it.
I complete the brewfest event for the daily quest in Durotar/Dun Morogh on a character, relog to another to grab it too, and... no event completed now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All things that interact with Demons will work too. DH Spectral Sight, Truthguard lights up, that Purified Vision of Sargeras active works, etc.

oh we have a ret pali in our group, guess he can go prot for that bit to save time then

Mupod

I may buy an Ursoc vantus rune for this week. I have to tank him for my guild as a stand-in.

Sölf;218515079 said:
Went with friends into a +4 Neltharion's Lair. We needed a tank, so we searched for a random one.

Tank was an idiot, skipping trash left and right, way too much for actually beating the 100% enemy forces requirement.

Then he pulled the second boss without killing all trash, we wiped.

The he pulled it again, without killing all trash, we added the trash during the fight, managed to beat it - and then he left. That was our Neltharion's Lair +4 Run.

Last night we stumbled upon the absolutely perfect amount of trash pulls to hit 100%. And got 3 chests with 1 minute to spare. I can definitely rank Neltharion's as one of the easiest mythic+ if not the fastest.

Basically we skipped the first double rock guy pull and the first pull after the rock boss by sticking to the right wall. We cleared normally from there and made sure to grab the skippable extra rock thrower in the second boss' room. The very last enemy before the last boss gave us our final 2 or 3%.

Low Tier
I may buy an Ursoc vantus rune for this week. I have to tank him for my guild as a stand-in.

Last night we stumbled upon the absolutely perfect amount of trash pulls to hit 100%. And got 3 chests with 1 minute to spare. I can definitely rank Neltharion's as one of the easiest mythic+ if not the fastest.

Basically we skipped the first double rock guy pull and the first pull after the rock boss by sticking to the right wall. We cleared normally from there and made sure to grab the skippable extra rock thrower in the second boss' room. The very last enemy before the last boss gave us our final 2 or 3%.

Eye of Aszhara is the easiest, Maw of Souls is the fastest/second easiest. Basically our group can carry an Eye with ~3-4 minutes to spare with no lust. Easy pulls and easy bosses tbh

Mupod

Eye of Aszhara is the easiest, Maw of Souls is the fastest/second easiest. Basically our group can carry an Eye with ~3-4 minutes to spare with no lust. Easy pulls and easy bosses tbh

What level of eye? We've done 6 (our highest) and at that level the sea giant boss' fissures start gettng very problematic. We switched to him as the boss we use lust on. The lightning caster sirens are quite nasty too, as is the big double sea giant pull (although tank cooldowns get the job done). I still don't know the absolute optimal mobs to pull but I think we have it down pretty well. We easily get double chests on 4-5 and could do it on 6 if we had another one to practice on.

We're really unlucky with most of our high level keystones. For example we started this week with two Court of Stars +4...

Low Tier
What level of eye? We've done 6 (our highest) and at that level the sea giant boss' fissures start gettng very problematic. We switched to him as the boss we use lust on. The lightning caster sirens are quite nasty too, as is the big double sea giant pull (although tank cooldowns get the job done). I still don't know the absolute optimal mobs to pull but I think we have it down pretty well. We easily get double chests on 4-5 and could do it on 6 if we had another one to practice on.

We're really unlucky with most of our high level keystones. For example we started this week with two Court of Stars +4...

ATM we're just doing 2/3s for the AP. If loot drops too that's great, but the AP investment is huge. At current gear levels I don't think its optimal to do 5s or higher on a consistent basis. In terms of highrolling it was a Eye 6 that we +2, then a Nelth 8 that we +1'd, and that was last week with Bolster+skittering. This week will be pushing a 10, gonna be pretty feasible IMO

Fjordson

Yass. GM responded to my ticket and moved me past the five 12 hour mission quest that reset on me yesterday. Should be able to finish my campaign quests today.

Rizzi

Yass. GM responded to my ticket and moved me past the five 12 hour mission quest that reset on me yesterday. Should be able to finish my campaign quests today.

Was it the first lot of missions? Don't forget you still have to do 30 world quests afterwards the second lot of missions.

Fjordson

Was it the first lot of missions? Don't forget you still have to do 30 world quests afterwards the second lot of missions.
It was the second. I did the 30 world quests and everything, but then the second set of missions completely reset on me and put me back at 0/5. I was pissed lol.

Mupod

I remember when Tauren couldn't fit into the door to zone into MC once attuned without some serious fiddling. I had to buy an Orb of Deception.

Magnus

So we're up to 5 legendaries in the guild. Last night's went to our resto shaman who already had one since day 2 of the expansion. 2 more have gone to our Disc Priest. And 1 went to our Ret Paladin, who had his Holy loot spec on.

GG.

Our resto shaman is our GM though, and a good guy who leads a lot of groups and plays a lot. He deserves it for sure.

Is there a reason that I have every flight point unlocked on one character (my monk) and on my other characters I have to actually visit each one?

It's bizarre. Happening at random it seems. I had all FPs on my main priest from day 1 (save like, some of the more out of the way ones).

Someone else had it on the rogue alt.

Magnus

Having alt fever again. Don't know to complement my main priest with. I'm primarily shadow, but Holy heal when needed and used to main heal in raids back in the day.

Got these characters now:

105 Paladin (Prot)
101 Mage (Fire)
101 Demon Hunter (Havoc)
100 Druid (Guardian)
100 Death Knight (Unholy)
100 Hunter (no Artifact chosen yet)

I dig Paladin, Druid and Mage lore and theme most of all, but I'm drawn to the pace and performance of Demon Hunters. Mage seems like a great bet too since I love ranged most of all, but I already have a capped caster and wouldn't mind the change of play-style on an alt. Probably DH, Paladin or Druid. Still torn. Found Guardian Druid play super boring (like, appalling slow/boring), but does it get better as you level up?

Uh, it's been used since.. heroic was a thing.

I believe you, haha. Just haven't seen it myself. Unless I saw it in group finder and didn't know what it was then either. I know my guild hasn't used it all these years.

I've always just seen H in front of things. H HFC, H SoO, etc.

Low Tier
Hc's the most appropos. What else are you going to use, He? HR? HC is the best sounding IMo

Also, got a few attempts on M Nythendra last night, time constraint because we're still running a lot of trials. Interesting boss, MC mechanic is hard for fire mages to grasp their heads around though. Zzz

v1perz53

I remember when Tauren couldn't fit into the door to zone into MC once attuned without some serious fiddling. I had to buy an Orb of Deception.

Noggenfogger/Deviates were almost a necessary item playing a Tauren in vanilla, got stuck on so many things.

Is there a reason that I have every flight point unlocked on one character (my monk) and on my other characters I have to actually visit each one?

If you've ever boosted a character it unlocks FPs also, at least in the older content. If you're talking Legion FPs though I have no clue.

Hc's the most appropos. What else are you going to use, He? HR? HC is the best sounding IMo

Not sure an extra letter is even necessary, nothing else with H to confuse it with. Mythic is just M, never seen it as MC. "LFM H EoA" vs "LMF M EoA" is all I've ever done.

Mupod

Having alt fever again. Don't know to complement my main priest with. I'm primarily shadow, but Holy heal when needed and used to main heal in raids back in the day.

Got these characters now:

105 Paladin (Prot)
101 Mage (Fire)
101 Demon Hunter (Havoc)
100 Druid (Guardian)
100 Death Knight (Unholy)
100 Hunter (no Artifact chosen yet)

I dig Paladin, Druid and Mage lore and theme most of all, but I'm drawn to the pace and performance of Demon Hunters. Mage seems like a great bet too since I love ranged most of all, but I already have a capped caster and wouldn't mind the change of play-style on an alt. Probably DH, Paladin or Druid. Still torn. Found Guardian Druid play super boring (like, appalling slow/boring), but does it get better as you level up?

I believe you, haha. Just haven't seen it myself. Unless I saw it in group finder and didn't know what it was then either. I know my guild hasn't used it all these years.

I've always just seen H in front of things. H HFC, H SoO, etc.

The DK class hall storyline is worth leveling one for IMO. Most interesting questline I've had in WoW since...maybe To Be Horde in cataclysm?

Will probably level my Durid next. Warrior very tempting for PVP, but horde in battlegrounds fucking DO NOT PLAY HEALERS. I'd be a god on my druid and singlehandedly win BGs if I healed on him.

Pickman

The DK class hall storyline is worth leveling one for IMO. Most interesting questline I've had in WoW since...maybe To Be Horde in cataclysm?

Will probably level my Durid next. Warrior very tempting for PVP, but horde in battlegrounds fucking DO NOT PLAY HEALERS. I'd be a god on my druid and singlehandedly win BGs if I healed on him.

DK Class Hall was great.
We're getting the band back together!
Gets my vote too.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I finished the Druid Class Campaign and I feel like I just don't understand. Just a profound feeling of "that's it?" in a way that I didn't feel with other classes. From what I've played so far Shaman is far and away the best for its unique quests, with Warrior falling somewhere in the middle, Hunter lagging behind that and Druid somehow falling in last.

v1perz53

I finished the Druid Class Campaign and I feel like I just don't understand. Just a profound feeling of "that's it?" in a way that I didn't feel with other classes. From what I've played so far Shaman is far and away the best for its unique quests, with Warrior falling somewhere in the middle, Hunter lagging behind that and Druid somehow falling in last.

Yea, the Druid order hall campaign was a bit of a let down for me. Probably they intended for a lot of the Emerald Nightmare stuff to feel like an extension of the druid campaign but it didn't have the same impact. And apparently all that it took to win the War of the Ancients was killing like 6 infernals...

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I've played through 3 thus far, warrior/dk/DH. I'd rank them:

DK >>>>>>>>> DH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warrior.

Might level my shaman at some point, slowly, but I'm really over leveling at this stage. Also, alts are just so extremely frustrating this expansion with artifact knowledge. I don't mind everything else, but having to park your alt at 110 for 1-2 months before they actually catch up in artifact knowledge is very disheartening.

Maybe I'll finish leveling my shaman and paladin when/if they make alts more bearable. Both seem like they have pretty good, DK tier stories. DH had highs and lows, warrior was just all bad IMO.

Rokal

Worth switching my alt from Eng to Herb/Alch? Or is the bubble about to pop?

I switched my Shaman main that had been JC/Mining for ~6 years to Herb/Alch yesterday. For all their talk pre-release about how Legion was going to be the biggest and best expansion ever for Profession design, they did a terrible job. Sure, professions are involved in day-to-day activities a bit more than in WoD, but it seems like they decided on the power level of profession items without any regard for the totally-superior rewards of world quests and 110 dungeons.

Prior to switching professions my shaman was wearing 0 pieces of gear with gem sockets. The world quests that gave me better recipe ranks involved crafting jewelry items that cost 400-500g worth of materials to make, in order to receive a more efficient version of a leveling gear recipe (both in level req and ilvl) that nobody would buy. You could invest 10s of thousands of gold into Obliterum to get those items up to an ilvl appropriate for a level 110 character and they would still be worse than rewards from a world quest that takes ~2 minutes to complete.

Prospecting stacks of Felslate that sell for ~10k on the AH typically yielded 1-2 rare gems. I funneled everything I had mined into JC instead of selling it, and was still at 734 skill because the progress was so slow. There are stories on reddit and the official forums of people stuck at 790 skill who have spent hundreds of thousands of gold making Green Skill recipes that cost several thousand gold each just to try to get to 800 skill where the best gems are locked at.

The only profession that seems like it makes sense in Legion is Herb/Alch. Everyone still wants or needs flasks and potions for raiding and mythic+, and at ~2k/flask and ~1/k potion they aren't cheap.

My guild raids 2 nights a week for 6 hours total which is pretty modest compared to most raiding guilds. That means each week of raiding cost me a minimum of 12k gold in flasks alone. Meanwhile I made maybe 10k total with JC in the entire time the expansion has been live.

Will the bubble pop on herb/alch? Probably not in the way you expect. I imagine Blizzard will either decrease the mat requirement for flasks, or will increase the amount that drops from each herb in the world at some point. The other professions won't catch up though. They are never, ever fast about "fixing" professions that have been left in the dust, which is literally every other profession this time around. You can expect significant improvements for JC, BS, and all the other rejects to arrive no earlier than the next expansion in ~2 years.

Apathy

On H? He's not that hard. The DPS check isn't so bad if you've made it to him you should be able to kill him

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yea, the Druid order hall campaign was a bit of a let down for me. Probably they intended for a lot of the Emerald Nightmare stuff to feel like an extension of the druid campaign but it didn't have the same impact. And apparently all that it took to win the War of the Ancients was killing like 6 infernals...
It's sort of like you are going back in time to relive a goofy version of history. Malorne's fate is supposed to be kind of an iconic story piece. He's worshiped for his sacrifice, so going to some dream version of the battle to stop that from happening just completely misses the point.

That shouldn't really be an issue anymore though. Azeroth was completely redone and everything after vanilla was done with them already being a thing.

Night Elf tower that's used in Ashenvale, (as well as Azshara and Sithilus if memory serves), you ascend via a spiral ramp on the interior, a Draenei can only enter the top of the tower if you stand close to the edge. Just came to a full stop trying to simply walk through the entrance at the top normally.

scy

DK and DH campaigns are the only ones I've done so far and they seem fairly involved, potentially world / story changing, and have pretty cool set pieces throughout. And I still chuckle at someone in the DK side that spends 99% of their time force choking everything in existence.

The world quests that gave me better recipe ranks involved crafting jewelry items that cost 400-500g worth of materials to make, in order to receive a more efficient version of a leveling gear recipe (both in level req and ilvl) that nobody would buy.

This is probably the part that still absolutely boggles my mind. Why do I have all these Rank 3 recipes that RNG into 775 gear at best (on both my Jewelcrafter and Blacksmith), many of which are already outdated by leveling gear available prior to their level-gated unlock. I'm pretty close to the point of just accepting switching from Blacksmithing on my DK to have an Enchanter on something I at least play at 110 instead of leveling an alt for it.

At least JC has gems for the long term.

Top Bottom