• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
the mage campaign was awful and completely without consequence for anything

it couldnt possibly be less impactful than the hunter campaign.

"we are the unseen path. you've literally never heard of us until now. oh and we have some quest givers outside Temple of AhnQiraj, its not even the good AQ raid"

erawsd

I don't have a 100 Shaman, but I really wanna play this one out just 'cause I keep running into shit that's specifically for Shamans out in the world exploring.

Those arent connected to the campaign, theyre just random Elementals thatll give you 50AP if you kill whatever is binding them.

Low Tier
Alchemy is the worst to break the 780 mark. I actually have to offer 15k tips to whoever procs my rank 3 because farming my own mats isn't as feasible.

Apathy

it couldnt possibly be less impactful than the hunter campaign.

"we are the unseen path. you've literally never heard of us until now. oh and we have some quest givers outside Temple of AhnQiraj, its not even the good AQ raid"

Temple is the 40 man raid, ruins is the 20 man one.

Also I dont remember going down there for anything part of my class hall quest.

While bad, the priest one is worse.

Magnus

Alchemy is the worst to break the 780 mark. I actually have to offer 15k tips to whoever procs my rank 3 because farming my own mats isn't as feasible.

What's the incentive to skill up, though? I'm somewhere past 750 and have all the Flask recipes. I figured it's more important to get the recipes and ranks than actual skill points.

Or is it only possible to discover the Rank 3 Flasks after you're past 780? :p

Apathy

What's the incentive to skill up, though? I'm somewhere past 750 and have all the Flask recipes. I figured it's more important to get the recipes and ranks than actual skill points.

Rank 3 gives you chances to multi proc.

Low Tier

Spirit Cauldron mostly, but completionism too. Just feels bad when you've made over 500 potions and flasks and still aren't max alchemy ya know?

Hixx

Someone linked an Alch recipe in gchat that required 800. He said it was the only one that required it.

May have been a cauldron?

The DK one kept sending me to Horde zones. It was a slog to get outside of Orgrimmar and to SM. They could have at least ported me -.-

Apathy

Someone linked an Alch recipe in gchat that required 800. He said it was the only one that required it.

May have been a cauldron?

Cauldrons are 800 only. It's the only thing that is for alchemist. Rank two of that dropped of cenarius, I think rank 3 has to be discoverable but I'm not testing that out.

Son1x

So does anyone actualy think that random legendaries are a good idea? I still can't fathom how they put something like that in. Like seriously some people got them day 1/2, while others have been running (heroic and mythic) dungeons and raids weekly and still got none.

Not talking about me specificaly, but some people I play with/know are in that situation.

Maledict

Are the hidden artifact skins in yet?

I really want that flamereaper for my DH, unless it requires hardcore raiding.

Yes - although some specs haven't been found. Check the guides on icy veins, or the class forums at more-champion, for each one. I got the Blood Death Knight one this evening so am a very happy chappy.

Hixx

Can someone explain Xavius to me. We did it tonight and although I never fucked up so bad I cost us the attempt (I mean it's Normal mode, I don't think it's possible to cause a wipe as a DPS on Normal mode anything in here) but I always felt like I was missing something.

The guides state that if you have the Dreaming buff, you should be soaking the corruption stuff, intercepting adds and whatnot. Now, when I had this buff I could not see the pools or the adds. So... as a melee, I was just swapping between the boss and the big add that spawns.

When I lost the buff, THEN I could see the adds so I started killing them and soaking the pools.

From what I read I thought this was supposed to be the other way round.

Apathy

Can someone explain Xavius to me. We did it tonight and although I never fucked up so bad I cost us the attempt (I mean it's Normal mode, I don't think it's possible to cause a wipe as a DPS on Normal mode anything in here) but I always felt like I was missing something.

The guides state that if you have the Dreaming buff, you should be soaking the corruption stuff, intercepting adds and whatnot. Now, when I had this buff I could not see the pools or the adds. So... as a melee, I was just swapping between the boss and the big add that spawns.

When I lost the buff, THEN I could see the adds so I started killing them and soaking the pools.

From what I read I thought this was supposed to be the other way round.

Phase one there are small adds that look like shadow fiends that spawn on people (range only I believe) that have the sleepers need to intercept to gain corruption.

In phase 2, those no longer spawn and instead the horror ones spawn around the room that walk towards the boss. when those die they leave a pool that has to be soaked and you gain corruption from that.

Hixx

Phase one there are small adds that look like shadow fiends that spawn on people (range only I believe) that have the sleepers need to intercept to gain corruption.

In phase 2, those no longer spawn and instead the horror ones spawn around the room that walk towards the boss. when those die they leave a pool that has to be soaked and you gain corruption from that.

Oh. I always got the dream in phase 1. That would explain them not appearing. Durr. Cheers.

CHC

Legion looks pretty good but going back and revisiting old zones.... Burning Crusade's skybox game just can't be topped:

bladesedgenxjxq.png

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

you dont have to. i was just saying there are quest givers that give pieces of gear denoted with "of the Unseen Path" and thats pretty much the only other reference to the Class Order Hall in the game as a hunter that I've ever seen.

v1perz53

Damn that Paladin Ret one, that looks so time consuming going to old area's and bosses and farming items.

Honestly I wish they were all like that. What is the point of a "hidden" appearance that is just a random drop from doing withered training. Really hard to get excited about that..

Also, reading that page made me feel a bit cheated, didn't realize Bear was one of only a very few artifacts without a known hidden effect (even if some of the hidden effects are incredibly lame, like feral druid)

lazygecko

Legion looks pretty good but going back and revisiting old zones.... Burning Crusade's skybox game just can't be topped:

I wonder why they never updated the skyboxes for the vanilla zones during Cataclysm. Those procedual(?) clouds look terrible and are probably the most dated graphical aspect of the game now.

Also how did you get that panorama shot?

Apathy

Honestly I wish they were all like that. What is the point of a "hidden" appearance that is just a random drop from doing withered training. Really hard to get excited about that..

Also, reading that page made me feel a bit cheated, didn't realize Bear was one of only a very few artifacts without a known hidden effect (even if some of the hidden effects are incredibly lame, like feral druid)

No one can complain until they have something so lazy as the hunters. 2 of the "hidden" skins are bought from vendors, one you can literally get the second your hunter hits dalaran if you want.

There was zero effort put into those.

Paladins get an updated quest that gives you nostalgia flashbacks. The least they could have done was updated the old Rhok'delar quest and updated that skin.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/5515s5/feral_hidden_artifact_skin_found/

owlcat found
No one can complain until they have something so lazy as the hunters. 2 of the "hidden" skins are bought from vendors, one you can literally get the second your hunter hits dalaran if you want.

There was zero effort put into those.

Paladins get an updated quest that gives you nostalgia flashbacks. The least they could have done was updated the old Rhok'delar quest and updated that skin.

The resto shaman hidden artifact is 'do a legion dungeon'

RPGCrazied

Almost did the DH hidden one, the one where you have to fight a bat. Fucker has a lot of HP? I couldn't do it and fell to ground resting him. You have to jump off a mountain in highmountain and glide all the way on top of him. Not fun.

Strimei

Its a bit annoying though for those of us with more complicated ones.

The hidden one for Aluneth (arcane mage) still is unknown beyond having something to do with polymorphing a specific mob in each zone. We have no idea what else may trigger it. Exalted with a reputation? Artifact knowledge? The Blue Child eclipsing the White Lady (Azeroth's moons) while Midsummer is at its height?

Rizzi

I still have no idea how to get the actual hidden shadow priest skin.
Not the one that's "Maybe it'll drop from the Emerald Nightmare".

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did my first Mythic 3 run, Neltharion with 5 mins left actually. Also did a couple of normal Mythics including Eye for my Monk quest before I raid sunday (I had done the quest on the Hunter already before switching focus to the Monk) so today was a good night. Didnt get any loot tho oh well.

Our little group is feeling the ret pali buffs tho which is great.

Strimei

Twisted reflection isn't in the game? Lame. Everyone else gets cool hidden shit and I get a random drop from a raid boss. :|

Far as I'm aware.

There's the four known skins and the fifth hidden, and that is it, for the time being.

Shadow Priests get theirs from the Emerald Nightmare, and that's the fifth one, so...

That said, people noticed that a number of characters in the 7.1 trailer's fight scenes were wielding the other datamined artifacts that weren't used so far.

Sölf

Twisted reflection isn't in the game? Lame. Everyone else gets cool hidden shit and I get a random drop from a raid boss. :|

At least you know where you can get yours.

Being a Frost or Unholy DK is suffering. We have no idea at all where we even have to start to get our stuff.

erawsd

Sölf;218560769 said:
At least you know where you can get yours.

Being a Frost or Unholy DK is suffering. We have no idea at all where we even have to start to get our stuff.

Crowd Sourcing and discovering where they are is what makes them interesting. Id be happy if the Shaman ones were still MIA because they were that hard to find and required some elaborate objectives to get vs killing a world boss that spawns once every 2 months, killing a dungeon boss, and killing rares in the underbelly.

Xeteh

Crowd Sourcing and discovering where they are is what makes them interesting. Id be happy if the Shaman ones were still MIA because they were that hard to find and required some elaborate objectives to get vs killing a world boss that spawns once every 2 months, killing a dungeon boss, and killing rares in the underbelly.

Pretty sure the Enhancement one is any world boss.

Fjordson

It's not any world boss??

Fuck...if it's not then that's awful.

Sölf

For all we know, it could also be a random dungeon boss drop that only appears once we reach AK 6.

Hopefully they're as creative with Argus as they were with some of TBC's more creative zones.
Blade's Edge Mountain is kinda booty though
. I kinda hope they dedicate an expac to it but people will probably whinge if they spend more time dealing with the Legion even though fighting through the ruins of the Draenei homeworld sounds pretty boss.

cdyhybrid

Hopefully they're as creative with Argus as they were with some of TBC's more creative zones.
Blade's Edge Mountain is kinda booty though
. I kinda hope they dedicate an expac to it but people will probably whinge if they spend more time dealing with the Legion even though fighting through the ruins of the Draenei homeworld sounds pretty boss.
It wouldn't be ruins. The Draenei were a small faction of Eredar that didn't join Sargeras and had to flee Argus. Most of them followed KJ and Archie.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly, Elemental Shaman seem like they need a change and damage buffing isn't going to do it.

I don't think ranged casters should hit MOP levels, but I think we should have at least one and a Shaman seems the most sensible to me because they need something to make up for the lack of damage and mages already have so many tricks they can do on the move while still being the non-stop constant gods of ranged damage. At the very least, give LB maneuverability back so hunters aren't the only ranged that can regularly cast while moving.

Top Bottom