• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
plz don't post these, they are useless

all they do is get people worked up about how "my class is on the bottom qq" and it's not relevant to reality
I mean...do you really think the bottom five specs and top five classes are different than what is on that list?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
300~ dungeons or so later, and I finally have my legendary... And it's not a bad one! (Destiny Driver).

Where did you get it? Between daily emissaries on 3 (!) Characters now, quite a few mythics on 2 of them and many heroics, and the world bosses since they started, and ive yet to see one on any of them.

That bad luck protection will kick in any second now :p

Tenebrous

Where did you get it? Between daily emissaries on 3 (!) Characters now, quite a few mythics on 2 of them and many heroics, and the world bosses since they started, and ive yet to see one on any of them.

That bad luck protection will kick in any second now :p

Second boss, Mythic Neltharion's Lair.

As I said a page or two back, since the Wednsday morning EU reset, our guild has seen about 10 legendaries drop (8 or so between our two raid teams). No-one got more than one, either.

MyWEQRQ.png

ampere

I mean...do you really think the bottom five specs and top five classes are different than what is on that list?

My guild's top dps on our Xavius kill was an afflock

Our ele shamans are above the middle of the pack

I mean, it's sims, for patchwerk. Sims = imperfect, patchwerk = not even a thing, gear profiles = unrealistic

edit: those aren't simcraft, my bad lol. Most of what I was saying was pertaining to that

still YMMV.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I mean, it's sims, for patchwerk. Sims = imperfect, patchwerk = not even a thing, gear profiles = unrealistic

edit: those aren't simcraft, my bad lol. Most of what I was saying was pertaining to that

still YMMV.
Loot is mega RNG with the legendary set up, so...yes...your mileage may vary. Generally speaking though the specs low on that list have limited potential.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

still YMMV.

Xavius isn't a good fight to see DPS because of the DPS buff mechanic.

Demo on Nythendra: http://worldoflogs.com/ranking/eu-us/the-emerald-nightmare/nythendra/heroic/dps/warlock/demonology/

Aff on Nythendra: http://worldoflogs.com/ranking/eu-us/the-emerald-nightmare/nythendra/heroic/dps/warlock/affliction/

Strimei

Decided to go run through ToT on my monk to see how far I can get (Animus is the hard wall on my mage, I die too quick). Finished it all on her, easily. But man when you're by yourself on Lei Shen, his lightning balls just keep bouncing and producing an insane amount of adds (not that its hard to kill them).

Sarcasm

I am at two chapters left in Suramar and that feeling of rep dead is living. 2k away from revered and the next chapter opens at 7k revered. While last one is 20k rep.

Feels very far away.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Decided to go run through ToT on my monk to see how far I can get (Animus is the hard wall on my mage, I die too quick). Finished it all on her, easily. But man when you're by yourself on Lei Shen, his lightning balls just keep bouncing and producing an insane amount of adds (not that its hard to kill them).

How the hell do you kill Animus solo?

Rhaknar

Man I am getting no relics, how do I even get turn? Nothing drops and none for my spec in WQ.

Holding me back.

Relics are static drops in dungeons like anything else. Have a look at the loot in each dungeons bosses and see which ones drop the relic you need and focus on those

Also, anyone that's put off by John Madden for playing Feral?

If you can play Enhancement, you can play Feral. I actually think this iteration of Enhancement is the most button intensive/apm of all the melee specs in Legion. Maybe Survival is up there too just for the low latency and responsiveness you need which Enhancement doesn't require as much but I haven't played Survival since the buff.

I don't feel like Enhancement is that bad assuming you take Boulderfist, there's plenty of downtime. I'm just glad Boulderfist is also the best choice DPS wise, because fuck the rotation without it.

The APM chart from SimCraft is probably still valid, even if the DPS charts themselves can be mostly ignored:

On a somewhat related note, one of our other Enhancement shamans pulled 300k DPS on Nythendra last night. That's like 50k higher than sim results with his gear, praise be Stormbringer RNG. While Stormstrike is a super satisfying skill to use now, I wouldn't mind seeing its power scaled down a bit and shifted to the absolutely useless Lava Lash. I ran some sims yesterday without even having Lava Lash in the priority list and it's less than 3% DPS loss.

Tarazet

Also, anyone that's put off by John Madden for playing Feral?

If you can play Enhancement, you can play Feral. I actually think this iteration of Enhancement is the most button intensive/apm of all the melee specs in Legion. Maybe Survival is up there too just for the low latency and responsiveness you need which Enhancement doesn't require as much but I haven't played Survival since the buff.

I haven't played too many other melee specs besides Enhancement since I screwed around them during pre-patch but I don't think it has higher APM than the classes that have 1.0 GCD's, like Rogue, Unholy, and Feral, even if you're taking the Ancestral Swiftness talent. I will agree it is GCD locked damn near all the time, especially if you are running with 10K+ Mastery and 21 artifact points like I am. And it's not an easy spec, there's a gulf between a great player and an OK one that I still haven't quite managed to ford.

Wunder

I am not even home, nooooo. Well there goes researching while I am out.

I'm confused, you can just go to this wowhead page and see which fire relics drop from where. You want to click through on each relic and choose your spec for it to see the trait, otherwise it'll just show the amount of item level it gives you.

Alternatively, you can go to your classes "gear" page for the Wowhead class guide and they should give you a list of relics that drop from dungeons pre-raid that you can look out for.

Sarcasm

Guess the site doesn't work on mobile then. Clicking just shows a picture with only the plus in item levels.

Works from gear guide due to the actual relic being linked already heh.

Lanrutcon

Been a 110 since the first week, had a second 110 at the start of week 3. I did normals, heroics and now I do mythics and mythic+. I do normal and LFR EN.

No legendary.

vocab

880 BiS Shadow Relic get. And a BiS 870 titanforged neck from the raid quest box.

Today wasn't bad.
Hey guess what happened to my raid mission, oh thats right it disappeared with 9 days remaining on it.

No legendary still.

Finished a plus 9 dht today. No bolstering yay.

Server best time in cos with secret tech.

Btw enhance is probably overtuned right now.

Wunder

Been a 110 since the first week, had a second 110 at the start of week 3. I did normals, heroics and now I do mythics and mythic+. I do normal and LFR EN.

No legendary.

In the same boat, although a streak of guildies just got their first legendary a few hours apart so I'm hoping we're reaching some kind of critical mass of the 'bad luck correction' mechanic in place and the inevitability of getting a drop rises

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sometimes I think I fall back to my Shaman so often just because I have so much rep grinded on him

I have SO much rep grinded on him.

Acidote

Yesterday I looted my first legendary with my enhancement shaman:

Sephuz's Secret

After doing a few mythics and raiding yesterday, I can't believe how can a legendary be so bad hahaha. Let's just hope the next one is better.

Sephuz's Secret

After doing a few mythics and raiding yesterday, I can't believe how can a legendary be so bad hahaha. Let's just hope the next one is better.

It's lackluster for raiding, but it doesn't seem that bad for Mythics. 15% haste for 10 seconds every 45 seconds (Lightning Surge Totem). Shame the stats suck, though.

It's better than the one with absorb shield, that's for sure :)

Sölf

It's lackluster for raiding, but it doesn't seem that bad for Mythics. 15% haste for 10 seconds every 45 seconds (Lightning Surge Totem). Shame the stats suck, though.

And I have both. Life hates me.

Then again, the absorb shield actually saved me quite a few times already. And as a Frost DK I only have a single CC and I can't really use that one on CD in Mythic+. Blerghs! D:

Maledict

Black Rook hold is weird - it's not that difficult fight wise, but the timer is incredibly punishing. Far more so than any other dungeon we ran except maybe Thicket, it just feels like it should have an extra 5 minutes on it. There's SO much unskippable trash.

Bizazedo

Played with real life friends last night. Mythic +2 Vault of the Wardens. I had not played with them before as they are on a different server.

Warlock was 110k. DH 120. Of course both kept dying. I just do not understand. I managed to drag them through it after an hour and a half, but still.

Mupod

Black Rook Hold is going to be our first +7 attempt. I have no idea how bad Overflowing is going to end up being - we have a Mistweaver healer and he seems to think he'll be fine.

We tried running Court of Stars+4 and it went better than our +5 last week but still failed the timer by a minute. The only buff item we were able to find was a Fel Orb and none of us could use it - last week we found an hp/mana regen and 10% damage buff right away. Pretty dumb that this stuff can randomly screw you over considering how tight the damage requirements on the bosses are. And those imps are absolutely insane, if you pull that patrol which runs around at turbo speed then enjoy wiping in 4 seconds.

Halls of Valor +5 gave us some trouble as well but not in the ways I expected. Hymdall is by far the hardest boss once scaled up whereas Odyn was really easy. Hyrja kept doing her moves out of the usual expected order and stalling in the middle of the room for no reason, which wiped us once because I could not move her out of the center. My group seemed to think it's possible to skip the final trash pulls (the 4 group and two stormforged sentinels) using some crazy beer strats and of course it all failed horribly. I think this one would be manageable with some work, unlike court of stars which seems like it'd be a shitshow unless you're lucky with buff item spawns.

Next week we're thinking maybe we should run a regular Mythic before we open our Mythic+ cache in order to get some level 2 stones. Two of us got Court of Stars +4 out of our chest and fuck that.

Sephuz's Secret

I have this one and use it for Blood tanking in mythic+. It procs off of Death and Decay's fear talent so basically it'll always be up when it can be.

The sprint hasn't been terribly useful, but it actually gives 20% haste on my character sheet rather than 15%. I don't know if this is just how haste works because bone shield seems to give more than 10% as well. Considering how good haste is for DK, not complaining.

Tacitus_

Black Rook hold is weird - it's not that difficult fight wise, but the timer is incredibly punishing. Far more so than any other dungeon we ran except maybe Thicket, it just feels like it should have an extra 5 minutes on it. There's SO much unskippable trash.

On what key level? I finished a +2 with 15 minutes to spare.

Top Bottom