• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lanrutcon

The alternative is to find people who don't have a bleeding-edge mentality (And let's be honest, when we're talking baseline Mythics, you don't *need* a bleeding-edge mentality, but the playerbase *will* go for the path of least resistance...)

You're in the EU, from earlier posts; GAF has EU members. Run with gaffers on occasion? If you're alliance, my battle.net ID is (quote to reveal) , and if we're looking for spots in a guild 5-man (or even raids, if you'd be up for that), I'll point people in your direction. I'm sure other gaffers will be able to help out in similar ways.

Er, I'm getting 1200 at Knowledge 5. Unless it scales down after the first of the day?

Alliance scum :p

I'm a EU Hordie. Always willing to try whatever, and I don't stand in the fire.

Tacitus_

I've got a group of RL friends in WoW.

They're...um...well, they love achievements, mounts, pets...but they've had terrible experiences with higher forms of content. Some of them get nervous in heroics. Mythics? let's just say they're out that night washing their sock drawers.

I could dump them and join a raiding guild (if they'll take a lock...), but I shouldn't have to approach the game like some kind of second class citizen. If Blizzard's balance team actually paid attention during beta then maybe the class divide wouldn't be a goddamn chasm.

The only ones who won't take locks are the ones competing for world firsts and idiot guilds.We have every spec on our roster and most of them in our raids. I just did a m+3 with an elemental shaman and last night we did a m+ (forgot #) with an affliction lock. Got two chests on both runs.

mclem

Alliance scum :p

I'm a EU Hordie.

Oh, well in *that* case, you deserve everything you get :)

Always willing to try whatever, and I don't stand in the fire.

Okay, maybe not everything.

When I was sorting out some Archi mount runs for gaffers at the end of WoD, I know there were a few people who wanted to join but were regrettably afflicted with being Horde (I have MMarasu in mind, although my memory might be playing up? I think there were a few others). They may well still be around; they might even be looking for people to group with as well.

Lanrutcon

The only ones who won't take locks are the ones competing for world firsts and idiot guilds.We have every spec on our roster and most of them in our raids. I just did a m+3 with an elemental shaman and last night we did a m+ (forgot #) with an affliction lock. Got two chests on both runs.

I don't perform badly in dungeons. I've learned to abuse havoc to pad the numbers, and if there's a lot of little trash minion I spec Brimstone to cheese even further. If I know the tank is going balls to the wall pulls I spec the full 4/4 aoe build even.

And I was #1 in EN LFR last night :D (because everyone sucked and my 200k dps was apparently expectional).

Apathy

Too tired last night after a grueling raid night but we got mythic nythendra down. That fight is frustrating when done wrong and OK when done right

mclem

I don't perform badly in dungeons. I've learned to abuse havoc to pad the numbers, and if there's a lot of little trash minion I spec Brimstone to cheese even further. If I know the tank is going balls to the wall pulls I spec the full 4/4 aoe build even.

And I was #1 in EN LFR last night :D (because everyone sucked and my 200k dps was apparently expectional).

One thing I'd like to see Blizzard do - or at least an addon (maybe one exists, I'll have a look) - is flag up people who are guildless when you do an LFR or random 5-man with them (or even better, going beyond the concept of a guild, have people flag themselves as 'looking for people to run content with on a regular basis'). As a GM myself, every expansion I urge my guildies to keep an eye out for anyone in random groups who might be looking out for people to run with long-term, but the recurring response is that you can't really tell who's after exchanging contact details.

On paper, LFR and random 5's are a great way to advertise yourself. In practice, it's hard to make such an advert land.

I guess I want a WoW equivalent of the hanky code. With less sexy connotations, but the same principle of advertising yourself as being available at the heart of it.

mclem

I'm AK1 and it just shows 125 in addition to the usual daily 500 one for the first heroic.

Curious. I wonder if I'm misremembering

Edit: Oh, wait, I bet I've been thinking of the main one as the CtA one, because I've never done a non-CtA random heroic. That'd make sense; 400 base AP + 200% = 1200.

Robin64

I'm assuming this is a bug? Cos I've never seen bonus XP icons on my world quest view before.

2hbJzBI.png

mclem

I'm assuming this is a bug? Cos I've never seen bonus XP icons on my world quest view before.

2hbJzBI.png

I noticed them today. I suspect it's them changing the icon for 'this quest gives artifact power' from the swirly to something a bit more descriptive, but having it not work retroactively for quests that existed prior to the change.

The fact that it seems to only be on newer quests with the older AP quests still having the swirly does suggest it's not a simple bug, at least - if it was a simple bug, I'd have expected the icon reference to have become broken, and for all such quests to have the new one.

Somnia

I've got a group of RL friends in WoW.

They're...um...well, they love achievements, mounts, pets...but they've had terrible experiences with higher forms of content. Some of them get nervous in heroics. Mythics? let's just say they're out that night washing their sock drawers.

I could dump them and join a raiding guild (if they'll take a lock...), but I shouldn't have to approach the game like some kind of second class citizen. If Blizzard's balance team actually paid attention during beta then maybe the class divide wouldn't be a goddamn chasm.

A lot of the raiding guilds on wowprogress are currently recruiting Locks, just as an FYI.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So, withered army training on my prot pally was a god damn joke.

Obviously knowing what to do from doing it on my Shaman a few times had helped, but this... was insane.

The first time I went in there was part of the first time you do it as a normal quest. I got a score of like 220'ish. I started with 8, got a few more but then sent some back with a medium chest.

The WQ was up, so I farmed up 900 Mana and was on my way with my little army. I got over 420 points. I encounted Dro with only 3 Withered up, and survived with 1 still with me. I managed to get another few withered from the halls and had them port back with another chest. I am pretty sure after only 2 runs by Withered Army on my Paladin is as strong in terms of health/damage than my Shaman. The only advantage is that my Shaman has a couple more Berserkers, and has a couple of those casters.

Robin64

Just updated my Legion app and the "Bonus XP" items above have gone back to normal. Some are the orange swirls, some are items, and some are gold. But the bonus xp icon is all gone now.

Obviously knowing what to do from doing it on my Shaman a few times had helped, but this... was insane.

The first time I went in there was part of the first time you do it as a normal quest. I got a score of like 220'ish. I started with 8, got a few more but then sent some back with a medium chest.

The WQ was up, so I farmed up 900 Mana and was on my way with my little army. I got over 420 points. I encounted Dro with only 3 Withered up, and survived with 1 still with me. I managed to get another few withered from the halls and had them port back with another chest. I am pretty sure after only 2 runs by Withered Army on my Paladin is as strong in terms of health/damage than my Shaman. The only advantage is that my Shaman has a couple more Berserkers, and has a couple of those casters.

Once you get all the upgrades for your withered, its a breeze. You barely have to do anything at all

Mupod

A fully upgraded withered army of 20+ can kill Dro in something like 4-5 seconds. I honestly hope they come out with a second part to it for those of us who find it easy now.

Apathy

Doing it as a tank spec is pretty much cheating that scenario. The fact that you can keep aggro off your withered and can still do OK damage is crazy to me. Worse that healers get completely screwed because once a withered has lost health you can't heal them over that.

LogicStep

My shaman will be my main I believe, I'm 105 now. I want to have herb/alchemy, would that be a good choice? Or is it still better to go with something like enchanting or leatherwork?

mclem

A fully upgraded withered army of 20+ can kill Dro in something like 4-5 seconds. I honestly hope they come out with a second part to it for those of us who find it easy now.

Well, unless it's ultimately covered by the end of Good Suramaritan, I assume we're training our Withered for something...

(I know we are in story terms, but I'd be very surprised if there's not some sort of gameplay Withered quest. Might be a one-off rather than a repeatable, though)

Doing it as a tank spec is pretty much cheating that scenario. The fact that you can keep aggro off your withered and can still do OK damage is crazy to me. Worse that healers get completely screwed because once a withered has lost health you can't heal them over that.

I assume the intent is that it's really hard for a tank to chase a runner to balance it up, and I certainly get very frustrated when I have multiple runners up at a time - but on the other hand, you're only really risking one when that happens, whereas being a tank can save the health pool of several Withered.

frequency

Withered Training is extremely easy as a BM hunter. Your pet does all the tanking, you have freedom of movement to chase runners or whatever, and your DPS is quite good too. It's almost impossible to fail. I heard people complaining about Dro for so long and when I actually met him for the first time on my BM hunter, he was nothing. It seriously feels like cheating. My friend, a shadow priest, has a really hard time with it.

The only really annoying part is the stairs at the end with the infinitely spawning small spiders.

Muddimar

My shaman will be my main I believe, I'm 105 now. I want to have herb/alchemy, would that be a good choice? Or is it still better to go with something like enchanting or leatherwork?

I would say go with whatever you'll use/sell. As long as your professions pair well with one another, that's all that really matters imo. Check the AH and see what things are selling for in your professions. Or check online and see what you can build/craft that you may find useful.

Pickman

Protip for Dro: Get the buff from the nightfallen chick who gives you a bubble that knocks back enemies when your HP is reduced to zero. He'll keep trying to run at you and it takes off 1/4 of his health each time it hits. He dies super fast. I just taunt him and let him kill me quick.

Well, unless it's ultimately covered by the end of Good Suramaritan, I assume we're training our Withered for something...

(I know we are in story terms, but I'd be very surprised if there's not some sort of gameplay Withered quest. Might be a one-off rather than a repeatable, though)

It's not covered in the current quests/Good Suramaritan. I'm sure it'll be at least referenced in 7.1, but right know the withered have very little to do with the story.

the end quests currently are more stealth based

Protip for Dro: Get the buff from the nightfallen chick who gives you a bubble that knocks back enemies when your HP is reduced to zero. He'll keep trying to run at you and it takes off 1/4 of his health each time it hits. He dies super fast. I just taunt him and let him kill me quick.
I've actually tried to do this last week. Got bubble buff, gathered around 20 withered, ran into Dro, stopped healing myself, died... and scenario ended and I was ported back to the entrance.
Maybe a bug, I dunno, but I wasn't very happy about that.

If everything goes as it should next Sunday, I (we) will be heading to MM for the next save too.

We're actually not done yet this lockout. Have a full night on Monday to work on Mythic.

We probably could've full cleared last week, but we dicked around in normal first. This week our normal run is optional on Sunday for trinkets/relics/etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I might have to re-install, Im having ridiculous load times the last few days

Apathy

Withered Training is extremely easy as a BM hunter. Your pet does all the tanking, you have freedom of movement to chase runners or whatever, and your DPS is quite good too. It's almost impossible to fail. I heard people complaining about Dro for so long and when I actually met him for the first time on my BM hunter, he was nothing. It seriously feels like cheating. My friend, a shadow priest, has a really hard time with it.

The only really annoying part is the stairs at the end with the infinitely spawning small spiders.

For the stairs just put your withered on aggressive and run up the stairs fast to MD the spider to your pet so they stop spawning. Easiest way I found to do that section.

Fjordson

Up to 835 now. That initial gear ramp up is crazy fast lol. Probably going to get a lot slower now though since mythic pugs on my server don't take below 840-845. Hopefully world bosses are kind to me the next few weeks.

Cru

Have they addressed not being able to bonus roll on the world boss or even loot it? I've killed him twice and nothing.

Slathe

Is there any benefit to completing withered training fully more than once? I got to the end for the first time on my last attempt, have all the chests, etc. Can I just go in and farm the rep now, or should I push through the whole dungeon to Oculeth?

Been leveling a Draenei Holy Paladin from scratch, mostly just to acclimatise myself to dealing with PUGs. Healing is probably the only role that makes me want to be actively critical of other players. If I'm going to be predominantly running PUGs as a healer, off-tanking where able, I want to be completely inured to anything and everything that can and does happen with PUGs.

I want to achieve serenity now before hitting Legion content.

I also want to get used to maining a healer in PVE, since I want this to be the primary spec I initially dump AP into. Low-level content is okay because heirlooms make content a faceroll. The real test will be fighting the urge to just switch to Prot in Legion PVE, although I guess I could constantly switch specs once I hit 102.

Where are people getting their fox mounts? withered training?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137573/reins-of-the-llothien-prowler#comments

This mount can be obtained through completing a quest. The quest starter to begin this quest line is a random drop in the Nightfallen Cache which is earned by completing bonus objectives around the world in Legion.

Fjordson

It's solid, and mandatory for your artifact progression later on. No reason to avoid it!
Yeah, the zone seems really neat. I've only done like 4-5 quests at the start, but the story and the concept of the Nightfallen is cool imo.

I think the last thing I did was open up my "base" with the female Nightfallen in that cave. Could tell it was since a bunch of other plays were instantly phased in when I finished it.

I like Suramar a lot, there's some crappy quests but I really like the zone.
The main city area is like =O looks amazing.

Top Bottom