• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Pickman

Gotta say, I really hope that at the end of the Suramar quest chain/Nighthold raid, we get to make Suramar into the new Shatt/Dal. That city is expansive and absolutely beautiful, and I want to have my character live there.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Suramar, like so many of the zones, is amazing visually, but traversing it on Alt #X sucks ass.

Flying pls.

Flying will completely ruin the experience of Suramar.

Hence why it's a good thing that flying is gated behind a patch or two and requires that you finish the zone before you can get it.

Lanrutcon

Gotta say, I really hope that at the end of the Suramar quest chain/Nighthold raid, we get to make Suramar into the new Shatt/Dal. That city is expansive and absolutely beautiful, and I want to have my character live there.

I'm hoping for a nice, giant bombing run world quest called "Fuck the drug elves".

Fjordson

I was thinking of something like that while flying over it the other day. It'd be a shame to just leave the city behind after Suramar is finished. It looks amazing.

Xeteh

I HATE the central quest area cave.

And I feel like I've done 40 or 50 quests but have just one chapter done at this point :\

It doesn't tell you where any of the other chapters start, you gotta find them (or look up Good Suramaritian on Wowhead)... at this point I've got all the chapters I can do until I hit 8k Revered.

frequency

I hate Suramar. Looks nice enough but actually getting around is really annoying for me. Would be fixed with flying for me but I don't want to start that argument again.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This is stupid... all my followers are at 815, yet my missions are either 820 or 830. Is it intended or what? Back with Garrisons, at least it used to wait until at least one guy were at that required lvl...

It's weird, Azsuna is probably one of the weakest zones but ultimately it's the one I mind replaying the least as it has two of my favourite characters in Legion. I don't really have a problem with Stormheim or Highmountain and Val'sharah is fine until Tyrande shows up.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
7.1 should have a quest where we find Runas and de-wither him so he can be the new Nightborne leader.

Chris R

It doesn't tell you where any of the other chapters start, you gotta find them (or look up Good Suramaritian on Wowhead)... at this point I've got all the chapters I can do until I hit 8k Revered.

I'm sure I'll run into them as I complete more stuff, it just feels like I've been there forever already but only got a single chapter done. Should have been a zone scaled for level 108 or something

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just to be sure... all these withered upgrade items I get after every training are permanent for ALL future trainings right? Not just the next one?

Lomax

I wish I could click the order hall button anywhere in game and get exactly the same interface and functionality as the app. It's sad that the best way to deal with the missions is to log out and turn on the app. And the new world quest mission filter showing the numbers is great too. Somehow Blizzard's app dev team is better than their ui team.

Lanrutcon

This is stupid... all my followers are at 815, yet my missions are either 820 or 830. Is it intended or what? Back with Garrisons, at least it used to wait until at least one guy were at that required lvl...

Yeah, thought the PSA was received ages ago: stockpile follower upgrades till you can get 3 dudes to 830, THEN start using them. Don't use them as you get them.

Lanrutcon

Is 830 the max lvl for followers?

850 is, but 3 dudes at 830 ensures you don't get stuck full of quests you can't do. You're obviously welcome to wait until you have enough upgrades to take 5 dudes to 850, which is much easier if you have the hall upgrade to place orders.

Dinjooh

Did Vault of Wardens +7 with raging and necrotic earlier today. Was tough but really a ton of fun.

I don't perform badly in dungeons. I've learned to abuse havoc to pad the numbers, and if there's a lot of little trash minion I spec Brimstone to cheese even further. If I know the tank is going balls to the wall pulls I spec the full 4/4 aoe build even.

And I was #1 in EN LFR last night :D (because everyone sucked and my 200k dps was apparently expectional).

Really no reason to consider it padding, abusing or cheesing. It's primarily how our spec performs well and part of the reason why I'm being brought to mythic+. If done well you should be able to have havoc going for the majority of any given mythic dungeon.

I think other than raiding I'm done. Normally I'd be in alt territory but the artifact grind is shit, what they did to tanks is shit, and I'm not having fun outside of the leveling process. Raiding is fun but I'm not feeling the grind at the moment. What's ironic is if we got everything we got from Legion in place of WoD I'd probably be playing non stop but I'm just not feeling it. It feels TOO grindy now.

Talents

Banned
Do we know what the scales are for Enhance shaman yet? I know Mastery > Haste (17%) > Crit > Vers but does anyone know the numbers for scales?

Lanrutcon

I think other than raiding I'm done. Normally I'd be in alt territory but the artifact grind is shit, what they did to tanks is shit, and I'm not having fun outside of the leveling process. Raiding is fun but I'm not feeling the grind at the moment. What's ironic is if we got everything we got from Legion in place of WoD I'd probably be playing non stop but I'm just not feeling it. It feels TOO grindy now.

Pretty sure this expansion is going to be remembered as "that one where Blizzard forgot what happens to subscriber numbers when they cater to people without jobs".

Tenebrous

Same here. The problems I have with my class are dulled down a bit while in a raiding environment, but that's always going to happen when ability usage is based off of encounter difficulty.

I'm playing other games now. Legion can just be a 3 day per week thing.

Xeteh

I'm sure I'll run into them as I complete more stuff, it just feels like I've been there forever already but only got a single chapter done. Should have been a zone scaled for level 108 or something

You definitely run in to some but there are other quests that are kind of just... in random ass areas you wouldn't really hit unless you took some weird out of the way path to a world quest. I wish they did more to direct you to that stuff but I still really like the zone. The cutscene you get when you bandage Thalryssa right at the start of the questline is one of my favorite in WoW.

The Illidan stuff...I can't be the only one who finds it super bad, right?

Not at all, the whole "Illidan was a good guy the WHOOOOOLE time" is really stupid.

Edit: I definitely don't come to WoW for the writing, I feel like there has always been awesome ideas around the game's lore for an awesome story but it never delivers. After Diablo 3 I really doubt that they have the writers to handle it. Overwatch kind of surprised me with how cool the lore is but considering its all hidden and barely touched upon might add to it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just got Sephuz's Secret on my DK. Pretty sure nothing can even proc it except my pet's 1.5 minute cooldown stun.

Neat.

erawsd

Do we know what the scales are for Enhance shaman yet? I know Mastery > Haste (17%) > Crit > Vers but does anyone know the numbers for scales?

If you want to know what your optimal stat weights are you'd have to sim it and even then its a relationship that is constantly changing depending on the gear you've got. However, the general rule is mastery>haste>>versatility>crit. All the stuff about 17% haste and mastery/haste ratios are no longer considered true.

CHC

Fighting a subtlety rogue is literally the most keyboard-slamming fuck fuck fucking frustrating thing I have ever fucking done. Jesus it's worse than vanilla with the stunlocks, ya gotta be kidding me.

Not really as mad as I seem tho

Strimei

The Woolomancer's Charge, the hidden artifact skin for Aluneth (Arcane mages), has been found.

You get something special when you sheep a mob.

How to get it, for any fellow Arcane Mages:

First off, you need Artifact Knowledge 6.

Step 1: Sheep one mob in each of the five Broken Isles zones: Azsuna - Cliffwing Hippogryph Highmountain - Highpeak Goat Stormheim - Plains Runehorn Calf Suramar - Heartwood Doe Val'sharah - Wild Dreamrunner

2. Blinking toward the portal to Dalaran in mage class hall and then displacing backward has a chance for Cote Metcalf to generate a message and a sheep to spawn in your class hall near you. If you are AK6 and this doesn't work you can try it over and over by relogging after each failed attempt (not sure if this is bugged or not).

3. Spam click the spawned sheep until it explodes.

4. Go to Stormheim and find a Volatile Elwynn Sheep north of Greywatch...spam click it until it explodes.

5. Go to the tower of Azora in Elywnn Forest where an event will take place...you will get the skin.

Info courtesy of CannibalofAnfield who posted it on the subreddit.

Prepare for screaming sheep, people.

Rizzi

The Woolomancer's Charge, the hidden artifact skin for Aluneth (Arcane mages), has been found.

You get something special when you sheep a mob.

How to get it, for any fellow Arcane Mages:

First off, you need Artifact Knowledge 6.

Step 1: Sheep one mob in each of the five Broken Isles zones: Azsuna - Cliffwing Hippogryph Highmountain - Highpeak Goat Stormheim - Plains Runehorn Calf Suramar - Heartwood Doe Val'sharah - Wild Dreamrunner

2. Blinking toward the portal to Dalaran in mage class hall and then displacing backward has a chance for Cote Metcalf to generate a message and a sheep to spawn in your class hall near you. If you are AK6 and this doesn't work you can try it over and over by relogging after each failed attempt (not sure if this is bugged or not).

3. Spam click the spawned sheep until it explodes.

4. Go to Stormheim and find a Volatile Elwynn Sheep north of Greywatch...spam click it until it explodes.

5. Go to the tower of Azora in Elywnn Forest where an event will take place...you will get the skin.

Info courtesy of CannibalofAnfield who posted it on the subreddit.

Prepare for screaming sheep, people.

Okay that's pretty good.

Strimei

Okay that's pretty good.

I'm cracking up by the screaming, honestly. This'll be great.

Also I'm continually amazed at how people figure this stuff out. Though the clicking the sheep part makes sense, its an old Blizzard tradition, but the rest?

Some of those who figured it out mentioned other things they tried, like using the Panflute of Pandaria to make a train of sheep follow them through Elwynn and other such stuff.

This hidden appearance stuff is bringing out the insanity in all of us.

I should be able to get this a bit after midnight EST tonight :D

Sölf

Finished Arcway +5 in time and then did a Halls of Valor +6. We didn't finish it in time, but we beat it. So sweet 870 loot next week.

Today was a good day.

Top Bottom