• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Bizazedo

Anyone have a good log for an average guild defeating heroic bosses? I'd like to see that and compare it to my real life friends who are going to fail hilariously Saturday. Ursoc'd be best, but in general.

Fjordson

First three world quests of the night and they all rolled warforged gear.

Feeling a legendary coming from this emissary cache peeps.

Edit: nah...just an 810 belt =[

Renekton

rpo5LMT.jpg

From Reddit, bots stuck at a bugged Starlight Rose.

It's really weird, I've developed a very late love for the Pandaren. Didn't really like Pandaria that much at the time of launch, and I thought the new race was the stupidest possible thing.... but now years later I kind of love them. Started a monk and the racial animations are just excellent. They also have some of the best sound bytes on interaction, hands-down:

"Slow down. Life.... is to be savored."
Check out the fishing animation.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So what determines getting more chests in Mythic +s? Is it the speed or is it just higher keys give more chests? The highest ive done was just +3, hopefully will do +4 thicket soon.

Xeteh

Lacking tanks for random heroics, so I queue up as a tank for Halls of Valor so I can finish this quest aaaand 8 minute queue before I just leave.

scy

So what determines getting more chests in Mythic +s? Is it the speed or is it just higher keys give more chests? The highest ive done was just +3, hopefully will do +4 thicket soon.

Based on clear time:
<60% of the timer, 3 chests.
<80% of the timer, 2 chests.

Tarazet

They even backpedaled on Hunters pretty significantly, you have to be stationary when casting Aimed Shot, which is a good chunk of what marks hunters cast now. But as for your point, I don't think casting LB while moving is this magical fix everyone thinks it is. There isn't so much movement in raids/mytic+ that every ranged class is losing out on tons of damage because of it, so it wouldn't really prop ele up. They would just be low damage but be able to underperform on the move. All the top parses you see are the people who got lucky and barely had to move anyway, as luck is a huge factor in getting a top parse.

Ele just has low damage while also having no niche. No random mechanic to prop them up in certain situations. Unfortunately its been that way for a while for ele, and I don't know what they could do to change it. Unfortunate, really, since I quite like how ele plays and the idea of it, but since TBC it has been overshadowed by enh.

It used to be that Elemental had somewhat more utility than Enhancement, but now the utility abilities and talents are identical. Elemental is a little bit less squishy, but it's not enough to make a huge difference. If you have a choice between Fire Mage #5 and an Elemental, you're still not going to take the Elemental. But you will take an Enhancement because you get the same amazing kit plus great damage.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Based on clear time:
<60% of the timer, 3 chests.
<80% of the timer, 2 chests.

I see. So for example the Neltharion +3 I did last night, we had about 5 and half minutes left, we would have needed 7 minutes left (35min minus 80%) to get 2 chests is that correct?

Strimei

My small guild's putting together a mythic-dungeon group. Its nothing too serious, we're just a handful of friends but we have enough for a team now and we decided to give it a shot. Went fairly well though our healer's still a bit low ilevel wise so we're gearing him up more.

Artanisix

I see. So for example the Neltharion +3 I did last night, we had about 5 and half minutes left, we would have needed 7 minutes left (35min minus 80%) to get 2 chests is that correct?

theres an addon that lets you see the exact times, i have it installed right now but i cant rememeber what its called

Xeteh

My biggest pet peeve when tanking is when the DPS pull groups because they don't think I'm going fast enough. It is less of an issue on my Druid but when I was on Brew it could be frustrating with all my aoe on cooldowns.

scy

Yeah; 35 minute timer means 3 chests is within 21 minutes, 2 chests is within 28 minutes.

theres an addon that lets you see the exact times, i have it installed right now but i cant rememeber what its called

GottaGoFast

Kain

SV dps is all over the place. Single target is more or less fine, but when adds or AOE come in you have to pray the stars align and your procs are right to do some damage. You go from 0 to 100 randomly, whereas MM is hitting like a truck all the time. The two extremes in the same class.

This spec needs a LOT of work, and I'm not speaking about damage alone (that's only tuning the numbers after all), I'm speaking about the mechanics of the class as a whole. ALL the abilities need some fixing and/or readjusting and the less we speak about survivability, the better. That turtle or exhilaration work the same for all three specs mean Blizz has absolutely no fucking clue as to what they are doing. Which is exactly what's happening, the current devs clearly don't know how to fix the class so they just ignore it completely. One would think after 10 years they would know their shit, but I guess that's too much to ask.

Lanrutcon

Gonna ride out my current month's sub then I'm stopping for a while. Legion turned out to be kinda meh. They fixed some of the problems that WoD had, and then dropped the ball completely in other areas.

The current spec balance is just not acceptable for a game in its sixth expansion, with a 5 month beta no less.

Rizzi

Gonna ride out my current month's sub then I'm stopping for a while. Legion turned out to be kinda meh. They fixed some of the problems that WoD had, and then dropped the ball completely in other areas.

The current spec balance is just not acceptable for a game in its sixth expansion, with a 5 month beta no less.

I've got 20 days left on my sub and then I'm also stopping for a while.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I kind of wanted to try tanking this expansion since I really enjoy my monk, but I don't currently have a guild anymore and I'm not diving into LFR so I'm probably done when my sub runs out too unless I find some amazing laid back guild.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Demonology's artifact and styles are great but that ramp up time is insane and the people on the Warlock discord make it sound like it's a terrible spec compared to Destro for EN due to all the movement heavy fights.

Which is kind of one of those, 'why did you even make the spec like this?' moments for me regarding destruction. How often are we even doing turret fights in WoW anymore? Almost never and Demonology has insane ramp up time without any of the great ticks that Affliction has.

It feels like a spec that was made for Burning Crusade or vanilla.

same with arcane honestly. there's shimmer and ice floes to help a bit but the class is still so dependent on long, slow hardcasts in an xpac that's very movement intensive.

Maledict

same with arcane honestly. there's shimmer and ice floes to help a bit but the class is still so dependent on long, slow hardcasts in an xpac that's very movement intensive.

I'd feel sorry for you, but as a deathknight I really struggle right now... ;-)

Ignoring the broken damage specs, I don't see how Blizzard thinks it viable to actually have slow, immobility as a class fantasy. They've literally said that dks are supposed to be the least mobile of the classes, and yet there's no reward or payoff for that - you just end up trudging around on fights feeling like you are walking through treacle. It would make sense if you did super leetzor dps when you actually got to hit things, but you don't even have that.

Lanrutcon

Aren't you guys paying for subs via gold anyways?

I've been saving for a spider. If I wanted I could pay for 4 or 5 months (EU) with gold right now, but even my drive to make gold has dimished because my main is being treated like a second class citizen by the player base and the devs.

Trying to find groups for my 846 Destro Lock is absolutely soul destroying. Meanwhile, my Druid just gets in everywhere and does shit dps and no-one cares because he's not a purple dot.

Kain

I'm in the same boat, it doesn't help that I don't want to raid on a serious guild and LFR content is dropping too slowly, like, what's the logic behind blocking casuals entrance into raids? What's the logic behind having to wait weeks to see all the content while normal raiders can besides a big "FUCK YOU"? Isn't the fact the normal-heroic-MM provide better gear and more challenging content (thus fun) enough?

Add to that that a lot of specs are completely broken and they seem to not care.

Once the dust has settled Legion is not so good as it seemed at first. The content draught is still there, class balance is a joke and the artifact system has more downs than ups. Artifact knowledge should be realm-wise, not character-wise. Even getting artifact power for off-specs is discouraging as fuck seeing how slow the process is...

All in all I'll stop after this month and I'll come back for 7.1 or later. I just want to see the content after all.

v1perz53

Man, I have loved using Shadowmeld since going alliance on my Druid with some friends in WoD, but nothing has made me wish I was still a Tauren (war stomp) more than Mythic+. For so many years I took that AoE stun for granted, man it would be so nice to have a stun for trash that I was in control of. Though I guess it isn't so bad, since I run with a DH and WW monk DPS, both with really nice AoE stuns.

It is still weird to me that they gave the AoE disorient to the tank that has a ~20 sec AoE bleed even in their ST rotation. It is cool for interrupting casts, but just seems like an odd design choice. Should be like Blinding Light for pallies, and not break off bleed damage. Only other thing I really miss now that I am doing dungeons more is Glyph of Fae Silence. Always nice as a tank to have a way to bring at least one caster into the AoE death ball from range.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I kind of wish I had more Tauren characters (my pally whom i rarely play is the only one) but at the same time don't really have any characters I would want to race change. I don't know what to do about this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I kind of wish I had more Tauren characters (my pally whom i rarely play is the only one) but at the same time don't really have any characters I would want to race change. I don't know what to do about this.

Legion emphasizes Tauren Hunters if you want to go that route

Pickman

Finished off Normal with a pretty great pug last night. Found a new raiding guild that raids human hours (8-11 2 days a week) with some witty folks in it. Got 3 pieces of 850+ gear that were all upgrades.

#TodayWasAGoodDay

mclem

Not sure an extra letter is even necessary, nothing else with H to confuse it with. Mythic is just M, never seen it as MC. "LFM H EoA" vs "LMF M EoA" is all I've ever done.

Can we do Mythic Molten Core after Heroic Hellfire Citadel?

(And then maybe Normal Nightmare?)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As much as I hate homogenization of classes, I'd kill for death grip on my brewmaster just for all the non-caster ranged mobs that Legion has slapped in like the Halls of Valor archers and the Stronethrowers in Netharion.

All I can think to do is tank the trash on one and use Provoke on cooldown on the other.

Ark

A lot of angry people around. I'm not even sure I can actually understand why, I'm having the most fun with Legion that I've since WoTLK. Ever since release I've spent my entire time at work itching to get home and log back on. There's just so much to do!

Rizzi

A lot of angry people around. I'm not even sure I can actually understand why, I'm having the most fun with Legion that I've since WoTLK. Ever since release I've spent my entire time at work itching to get home and log back on. There's just so much to do!

I don't think any of us are angry, just disappointed.

Lanrutcon

Consider this: so there's so much to do, and I have to jump through several hoops to participate due to Blizzard's balance team playing Mages. Nothing makes me more excited to sit down and log back on than the idea that I'll be getting chain rejected for up to 30 minutes just to get into a base mythic group. And getting into a mythic +2 group? better clear my evening then.

Alternatively, I can go level a class I don't want to play, but then what's the point really.

mclem

Sölf;218559542 said:
LLdNPnz.jpg

Dear god. This guy lifts.

It's not as impressive as it might seem. At one point I accidentally pulled a group including a palanquin, and when the carnage was over the palanquin itself cheerfully trundled onwards, with no-one carrying it.

I have a theory that the palanquins themselves are alive, and the bearers are actually just there to guide them.

Pickman

Consider this: so there's so much to do, and I have to jump through several hoops to participate due to Blizzard's balance team playing Mages. Nothing makes me more excited to sit down and log back on than the idea that I'll be getting chain rejected for up to 30 minutes just to get into a base mythic group. And getting into a mythic +2 group? better clear my evening then.

Alternatively, I can go level a class I don't want to play, but then what's the point really.

Yeah... "Unholy DK 856 ilvl" "Sorry, already have DH." "Your application to <every mythic ever> has been declined."

Nobody wants the old hero class melee.

Ark

They'll probably get buffed again in 7.1/whenever the next tuning pass is. I doubt Blizzard is happy with an entire class being actively shut-out by the player base.

I mean I get it, but I'm loving the story, zones, dungeons and Emerald Nightmare a huge amount.

Edit: A dually the only problem I've got right now is that one of our healers has accepted a new job which means he can't raid any more, and another has quit WoW to focus on being a bodybuilder and now I'm actually struggling to find healers that don't already have a guild. Fucking timing, man.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

*fire mages

Tacitus_

Alternatively, get some friends and play with them.

Lanrutcon

Alternatively, get some friends and play with them.

I've got a group of RL friends in WoW.

They're...um...well, they love achievements, mounts, pets...but they've had terrible experiences with higher forms of content. Some of them get nervous in heroics. Mythics? let's just say they're out that night washing their sock drawers.

I could dump them and join a raiding guild (if they'll take a lock...), but I shouldn't have to approach the game like some kind of second class citizen. If Blizzard's balance team actually paid attention during beta then maybe the class divide wouldn't be a goddamn chasm.

zarnold56

Started messing around in PVP some. I didn't play WOD so I am not sure if versatility is supposed to be the new pvp stat. I am playing a resto druid and it is decently fun in random BG's. I grinded out 10 arena skirmish wins last night and that was almost overwhelming. I am terrible at 3v3 arena. Seems the grind for the pvp artifact skin will be a long one.

mclem

The alternative is to find people who don't have a bleeding-edge mentality (And let's be honest, when we're talking baseline Mythics, you don't *need* a bleeding-edge mentality, but the playerbase *will* go for the path of least resistance...)

You're in the EU, from earlier posts; GAF has EU members. Run with gaffers on occasion? If you're alliance, my battle.net ID is (quote to reveal) , and if we're looking for spots in a guild 5-man (or even raids, if you'd be up for that), I'll point people in your direction. I'm sure other gaffers will be able to help out in similar ways.

Yeah... "Unholy DK 856 ilvl" "Sorry, already have DH." "Your application to <every mythic ever> has been declined."

Nobody wants the old hero class melee.

The hilarious thing is that from our cheerfully-strolling-through-normal-raids perspective, we'd *love* a few more warlocks and (while we're a bit over-attended by melee) a DK or two!

The Call To Arms Artifact Power reward is 125 points?

Wow Blizzard. Don't tempt me too much now.
Er, I'm getting 1200 at Knowledge 5. Unless it scales down after the first of the day?

They're...um...well, they love achievements, mounts, pets...but they've had terrible experiences with higher forms of content. Some of them get nervous in heroics. Mythics? let's just say they're out that night washing their sock drawers.

Is that based on how they perform, or how they've been treated?

Top Bottom