• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

RPGCrazied

Wow, luck is on my side in WoW for some reason all the stuff I'm doing. I managed to get this in one day of trying. Both book halves to start the hidden ret skin! Now I just need to raise my AK.
Wo_WScrn_Shot_093016_191324.jpg
Wo_WScrn_Shot_093016_191327.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So can anyone tell me why the dungeon journal doesn't list major mechanics of fights like Thal'ena's bite?

like why even put it in if you're not going to put in everything?

scy

It's also in the main overview of the journal. I guess it doesn't outright say "use the bite on someone" but it goes over the whole thing.

Sarcasm

So the only profession I have maxed is fishing, believe it or not. Everything else is mid skill level and is a pain to get up. Even mining I get no skillups.

How the heck do I get jc and cooking up? Even FA is lagging.

Cooking everything is grey and I have been burning food left and right.

Renekton

Yeah, thought the PSA was received ages ago: stockpile follower upgrades till you can get 3 dudes to 830, THEN start using them. Don't use them as you get them.
I used them as they appeared RIP.

If I sit on the missions long enough tho, the server relents and gives me some lowbie missions.

Bleh I really need a better mythic raiding guild.
I need a raiding guild period lol. No one needs more resto druids.

Xeteh

Do we know what the scales are for Enhance shaman yet? I know Mastery > Haste (17%) > Crit > Vers but does anyone know the numbers for scales?

I'm curious about this just because those numbers came out before they buffed the shit out of Windfury procs... I wonder if they changed.

Foxyone

What is probably a good ilvl for healing Emerald nightmare (holy priest) on heroic? I healed half of normal yesterday at 838 and did fine, so wondered how far away I am from being able to do heroic. Guessing maybe ~850-ish?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
What is probably a good ilvl for healing Emerald nightmare (holy priest) on heroic? I healed half of normal yesterday at 838 and did fine, so wondered how far away I am from being able to do heroic. Guessing maybe ~850-ish?

845 is what my guild had as a requirement for the whole raid when going to heroic (we went straight to heroic and skipped normal), and we cleared it on the first reset. Pretty sure 840 could handle it as well.

ampere

The Illidan stuff...I can't be the only one who finds it super bad, right?

Not at all, the whole "Illidan was a good guy the WHOOOOOLE time" is really stupid.

Edit: I definitely don't come to WoW for the writing, I feel like there has always been awesome ideas around the game's lore for an awesome story but it never delivers. After Diablo 3 I really doubt that they have the writers to handle it. Overwatch kind of surprised me with how cool the lore is but considering its all hidden and barely touched upon might add to it.

Yeah, I'm not buying into it. I definitely love the fact that we're seeing old story and some of it is connecting with the stuff in Chronicles, but let's be real and admit that Illidan was pretty evil.

Strimei

The Illidan stuff...I can't be the only one who finds it super bad, right?

Oh, no, I find it absolutely dumb.

While I admit I don't mind the whole "he's the real savior" thing (at least it saves us from Anduin being shoved down our throats more), I HATED how Xe'ra
tells us that WE need to be redeemed for killing him. US. WE NEED TO BE REDEEMED? ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU PRETENTIOUS WINDCHIME?! Maybe if Illidan wasn't such an emo dork that always thinks he has to go alone and maybe if he actually tried to WORK with others and explain what he was doing instead of just going it alone and making it seem like hes' a bad guy, maybe THEN we wouldn't have killed his dumb ass!

Xe'ra can go screw.

(I'm betting she's really Kil'jaeden)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I firmly believe there is no "bad luck protection" system in place and whenever you get a legendary is just dumb RNG just like it would be if you got it on your first emissary cache.

Im not salty tho >_>

Rizzi

I firmly believe there is no "bad luck protection" system in place and whenever you get a legendary is just dumb RNG just like it would be if you got it on your first emissary cache.

Im not salty tho >_>

It's okay to be salty. Some of them have abilities that seem kind of important.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Im not salty tho >_>

I definitely think there was a stealth hotfix this week. My guild went from 0 to 5 legendaries over the past 2 days.

They are all dogshit, though. solid 895 pieces but no worthwhile procs/effects.

Strimei

We killed him because we didn't know the whole story. It was "fuck he's making outland miserable, kill him!"

Yeah, though we didn't know the whole story because Illidan was in his usual mindset of "Tyrande loves my brother, woe is me, I am alone, I am the Nigh-I mean WHAT HAVE YOU SACRIFICED I HAVE GIVEN EVERYTHING EVEN MY LOVE. What's that? Alliance and Horde forces are cutting a swath through my forces? Maybe I should explain to them what I'm doing and have a greater army against the Legion.

Nah, I GO IT ALONE."

He does this all the time. He never explains himself when he's doing shady stuff (which, admittedly, he was doing some evil stuff. The whole enslaving the broken, having the naga drain Zangarmarsh, etc). That's what happened when the War of the Ancients and his brother and Tyrande thought he joined Azshara, when he was trying to melt Icecrown (nevermind that it was wrecking havoc to Azeroth at large) and so forth.

You'd think he'd get it through that thick blindfolded skull of his that maybe explaining himself would freaking help.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
The Illidan storyline doesn't really say that Illidan was "the good guy all along", just shows his motives. Did whatever he saw necessary and when his own people didn't really find turning into a half-demon and creating an another Well of Eternity a smart thing to do, he got quite bitter from being in jail for 10 000 years.

He still got power hungry and did a lot of fucked up shit. Most of that fucked up shit was the result of Xavius' mindfuck. I refuse to believe that he just sought power just for the sake of being powerful. He always had destroying his enemy (Burning Legion) in mind, no matter the sacrifice.

During TBC he was preparing for the Legion coming back for him cos he failed to destroy the Frozen Throne. Again, quite a fucked up approach, but..
But he always still wanted to destroy the Legion and protect Azeroth and Tyrande.

Personally I'd be flipping my table over if this storyline turns out that Illidan is just a bad guy after all with bad guy motives. I like seeing his point of view more.

Renekton

Im not salty tho >_>
I think there is a loot luck protection but it probably resets in many situations like if you get a forged piece that you don't need.

My Fire mage dps was too low

Luckily I got a ring with 1k crit titanforged through a world quest today...45% crit right now...

...Man >_>; I really need to get my crit up, huh? I get fucking feels when I fireball 4 times and still no hot streak till the 5th.

Yeah, though we didn't know the whole story because Illidan was in his usual mindset of "Tyrande loves my brother, woe is me, I am alone, I am the Nigh-I mean WHAT HAVE YOU SACRIFICED I HAVE GIVEN EVERYTHING EVEN MY LOVE. What's that? Alliance and Horde forces are cutting a swath through my forces? Maybe I should explain to them what I'm doing and have a greater army against the Legion.

Nah, I GO IT ALONE."

He does this all the time. He never explains himself when he's doing shady stuff (which, admittedly, he was doing some evil stuff. The whole enslaving the broken, having the naga drain Zangarmarsh, etc). That's what happened when the War of the Ancients and his brother and Tyrande thought he joined Azshara, when he was trying to melt Icecrown (nevermind that it was wrecking havoc to Azeroth at large) and so forth.

You'd think he'd get it through that thick blindfolded skull of his that maybe explaining himself would freaking help.

People forget Illidan have is consort room filled with night elves and elves in underware

Strimei

People forget Illidan have is consort room filled with night elves and elves

Nah I remember it, but my headcanon is that its more for his followers (particularly the Blood Elves that remain) and he just broods up on the top, practicing his Yorick scene with Gul'dan's skull.

It makes sense that Illidan has a lone wolf going on. Being in situations where it seems like his brother is doing everything right, where Malfurion seemingly wins Tyrande, that shit scars a person. Illidan is like "I don't need you, bitch. Fuck you. I'm going to my room. Don't talk to me again." and then listens to Fallout Boy while crying into his pillow and decides to do everything by himself. You can't steal his girlfriend if he doesn't have friends.

It makes sense that Illidan has a lone wolf going on. Being in situations where it seems like his brother is doing everything right, where Malfurion seemingly wins Tyrande, that shit scars a person. Illidan is like "I don't need you, bitch. Fuck you. I'm going to my room. Don't talk to me again." and then listens to Fallout Boy while crying into his pillow and decides to do everything by himself. You can't steal his girlfriend if he doesn't have friends.

I love how Malfurion wins Tyrande heart by doing nothing at all. Poor illidan with his radical ideas distance himself from tyrande.

The narrative itself looks a like of Sinestro History being told by Lyssa drak from Green Lantern - Sinestro Corps arc.

Weren't they mostly succubi?

The guy tasted different flavors from the candy store.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I definitely think there was a stealth hotfix this week. My guild went from 0 to 5 legendaries over the past 2 days.

They are all dogshit, though. solid 895 pieces but no worthwhile procs/effects.

You have one yet Ano?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the most impressive thing about the BrM artifact is that the keg doesnt fly all over the place like most of the 'keychain' weapon models do.

Zelias

Banned
I don't mind Illidan being brought back, he was an interesting character who was wasted horribly in TBC. The sheer amount of shilling he's getting is ridiculous though.
I wanted to dropkick Xe'ra off the balcony of Acherus after that little 'nuh uh it's you who needs redeeming' bit of hers.

Renekton

I don't mind Illidan being brought back, he was an interesting character who was wasted horribly in TBC. The sheer amount of shilling he's getting is ridiculous though.
I wanted to dropkick Xe'ra off the balcony of Acherus after that little 'nuh uh it's you who needs redeeming' bit of hers.
Blizzard narration style is simply hitting you with a blunt instrument.

Strimei

So I'm currently blinking toward and Displacing back many times in the mage hall.

This is gonna take a while to trigger this damn thing.

Xeteh

Yeah, I'm not buying into it. I definitely love the fact that we're seeing old story and some of it is connecting with the stuff in Chronicles, but let's be real and admit that Illidan was pretty evil.

WHAT?!

REPENT AND REDEEM YOURSELF FOR THINKING ILLIDAN WAS BAD!

.. or something.

Sarcasm

How do I get new ranks of recipes and patterns? Jc and cooking.

I literally get nothing from that cook. Nothing at jc trainer and that big dude I saved.

I am roughly over halfway to max in both.

Rhaknar

There's a female Tauren vendor in a tent near Thunder Totem that sells "homemade milk and cheese"

Wonder where she got the milk for that >_>

Strimei

Arcane, we finally figured out the Woolomancer steps.

One part involves blinking toward the Dalaran portal in the order hall, then displacing back if you don't get a message from the NPC involved (and a sheep), then relogging (since apparently its supposed to be a once per day chance, but Blizzard didn't fix it like they did Prot warriors. Yet. Hopefully.)

There's a bunch of us doing it right now.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Man, seeing some of the whine about the Blood of Sargeras vendor from herb/alchs on other forums (whom are making money hand over fist) is pretty entertaining to watch.

Maybe if they made the rest of professions besides Herb/Alch/Enchanting worth a damn, or made the mat cost for consumables (i.e. not actual gear that would theoretically be held onto) so damn high, there'd be less of a market tank when its introduced.

Oversupply is most likely. Prices were never going to stay that crazy.

Though admittedly, this is also a part of it. Demand eventually levels out to supply as people either level alts or spend some time themselves.

Strimei

Took me two hours of blinking to the portal and displacing backwards but I got the sheep to spawn, and now, off to Stormheim. The screaming sheep staff will be mine!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, seeing some of the whine about the Blood of Sargeras vendor from herb/alchs on other forums (whom are making money hand over fist) is pretty entertaining to watch.

Maybe if they made the rest of professions besides Herb/Alch/Enchanting worth a damn, or made the mat cost for consumables (i.e. not actual gear that would theoretically be held onto) so damn high, there'd be less of a market tank when its introduced.

Though admittedly, this is also a part of it. Demand eventually levels out to supply as people either level alts or spend some time themselves.

I can't wait for mats to tank in price.

I just spent the last 4 hours farming herbs, I probably have a good 500k worth of mats in my bank but they will all be used for flasks and pots.

It's completely idiotic how many herbs you need to be able to raid right now. Every pull shouldn't cost someone a couple hundred gold.

[edit]

Back in Cata when I first leveled an alchemist, I spent 2 or so hours farming pots and that lasted me a couple of weeks. Now I spend ten times that amount and they last me a few days.

Strimei

This logging on and off nonstop for the prot hidden artifact is compelling gameplay, let me tell you.

From what I understand they hotfixed that to be a once per day thing.

Which is why us arcane mages were doing it like mad tonight, because it seems they didn't do it for the arcane one, which is likely meant to be once per day too.

Get it while its hot and whatnot~

Top Bottom