• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If there was a noticeable increase in the speed of artifact knowledge, I dont think itd be as big an issue it is. That and levelling alternate specs is kinda a pain..they really shouldve made artifact knowledge an account wide thing. But honestly I dont mind it.

leveling alt specs is no problem at all, its leveling alt character artifacts thats the issue

scy

Shadow doesn't seem great for mythic + either. Naturally I would just play an alt which i'm fine with, but my DK is only research level 3 with level 13 weapons.

Honestly this is a big part of why I'm hoping to be able to get more people on GAF to just ... well, do Mythic+. Not too concerned about maximum efficiencies and, honestly, up to like +5-ish area isn't too much of a worry. Just kind of get to the chain running them point. If nothing else, beats out a lot of the group finder auto-denies.

Magnus

Honestly this is a big part of why I'm hoping to be able to get more people on GAF to just ... well, do Mythic+. Not too concerned about maximum efficiencies and, honestly, up to like +5-ish area isn't too much of a worry. Just kind of get to the chain running them point. If nothing else, beats out a lot of the group finder auto-denies.

I'm in for this too. Seems like most of GAF is horde though. If you want a pretty competent shadow priest for a Mythic 5, holler! My guild is great, but being pacific time, I can rarely Join them for late night mythics.

Talents

Banned
God dammit I hate how world quest rewards don't sync themselves to your loot specialization, 2 Life Artifact Relics when I'm Enchancement shaman and still have a 789 Fire Relic. FeelsBad.

Also how long does it take to get 46 honor level doing only bgs?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hey Blizz, can we get a bot banwave? It's insane how many flying bots I see when doing herbalism and I imagine there's a shit ton that are just boting without the flying.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I kinda wish the AP items were accountbound and I could have the option to bump up my current weapon or bring an alt up to speed fairly quickly due to the first's progress.
My problem with a solution like this would be characters not needing to be played in order to power them up.

zeemumu

Destiny Unfulfilled is by far one of my favorite quests.

You get to replay the final encounter of BT as Illidan and fight a raid group.

Just the premise alone is cool.

biaxident

Yea exactly. This is what guilds are for too, but man my guild has maybe 2 other people that can actually do mythic + just based off basic player skill. I am NA Alliance, wouldn't mind forming a mythic + group. My buddy who's also a gaffer is an ele shammy, and we have done a few mythic +'s together. Did have his key to court +2 ruined though, healer stood in aoe and died then left group. That's kinda dumb where your run just ends and you're screwed.

Xeteh

So I wanted to tank to do mythics with some friends so I leveled my Druid. I went from 810 ilvl to 845 in two days. My friend is a healer so I was tanking mythics at 810, then 3 other people in the group are leather wearers so it worked out for me.

I'm down for this at some point, I don't really have anyone to do mythics with on my Orc Shaman.

Strimei

i kind of want to get it, but at the same time, i think it looks sort of awful, especially compared with the second appearance which is probably the best artifact in the game

I've grown to like it (plus it turning into a screaming sheep when you polymorph is amusing), but I really want the datamined Kirin Tor-styled one.

Hixx

Destiny Unfulfilled is by far one of my favorite quests.

You get to replay the final encounter of BT as Illidan and fight a raid group.

Just the premise alone is cool.

I got soured on it due to DBM. It skips a cutscene which then kicks you from the scenario bit. Didn't realize until the second time it did it.

Then I turned up for a raid with it turned off. Good night, that.

Xeteh

I'm always out of Order Resources these days... I feel like it wasn't as much of an issue earlier. I'm level 107 right now.

Are you doing a ton of missions in between playing? I didn't have issues with Order supplies until the 4th class hall upgrade. Shouldn't be a huge deal once you hit 110 and unlock world quests, there are plenty that give several hundred supplies.

Magnus

Ugh, I fucked up and only did the 2nd Illidan memory quest today. It's been sitting in my log for awhile. So I guess I'm on some kind of time gating till I can get the next few quests to finally get to the cool 'raid' throwback one.

Xeteh

Ugh, I fucked up and only did the 2nd Illidan memory quest today. It's been sitting in my log for awhile. So I guess I'm on some kind of time gating till I can get the next few quests to finally get to the cool 'raid' throwback one.

Yeah, it requires Artifact Knowledge 5, I think.

Yeah I leveled my druid to 110 just to get the AK stuff rolling. Balance is a lot of fun, really don't want to do suramar stuff over again on my alt.

Next goal is my DK to 110 to get his AK stuff going, need my tank character.

Xeteh

Yeah I leveled my druid to 110 just to get the AK stuff rolling. Balance is a lot of fun, really don't want to do suramar stuff over again on my alt.

Next goal is my DK to 110 to get his AK stuff going, need my tank character.

Yeah I have a Rogue and a DH sitting at 110 that I've barely touched with AK 4. Seems like the way to go about it if you're not in a rush to play a character.

Milennia

Every boss was nearing the sub 10 pull count

Killed xavius in 9 attempts ffs

Ilgynoth was very difficult until everyone realized hey lets just fucking one phase it because it had no health, did so with 10 seconds to spare

(P2 was literally gorefiend 2.0, super difficult and the only guild who ended up actually 2 phasing is method, we were close to a kill 2 phasing it then just decided to try and one phase it the next day and it fell over like a joke)

Cenarius was a 69 pull boss for us which was right around where it was for other top world guilds, the issue wasn't that the boss was hard per se, it was just annoying because of brambles and not being able to track them etc, little things

I don't think he was bad just not a fun boss to pound on

As mentioned before xavius is the biggest joke end boss I've experienced in the game we got to p 2 without 2 adds and he died

We didn't raid a lot this instance only on the first day, the other days were only 5 hours each so we ripped it in terms of time spent compared to competition, at least performance wise.

In NH we double our hours and then some and will be going for some big things as that is the true instance of the tier

Recently there has been a lot of speculation about where the story of Legion and WoW in general is headed. In several places I saw people mention that Blizzard has stated that Legion will change Azeroth forever and that some of the events of the expansion will be controversial. Can anyone link me to a source on these comments?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Trying to make a elvUI I like is taking ages (well im at work right now). I cant find a way to make hots and whatnot show up bigger on the party frames which is really bugging ne, its a little square I can barely see on the corner of the player frame :/

The mod seems to have a million options which im sure is great but it makes it really hard at first to go around finding what you need. Oh well im sure ill get used to it.

I do like how I set up my bars with it tho.

scy

I'm down for this at some point, I don't really have anyone to do mythics with on my Orc Shaman.

scy#1745; I know we had a list going around for trying to put together some Mythic stuff on NA Horde side but I don't know the current state of that. 862 Vengeance DH, 852 Blood DK (+ semi-leveled Havoc / Frost weapons) so mostly just want to dive into doing a bunch of M+ stuff with people.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
oh my god I've been working on my weakauras for the last 4 hours free me from this torment

Tenebrous

Trying to make a elvUI I like is taking ages (well im at work right now). I cant find a way to make hots and whatnot show up bigger on the party frames which is really bugging ne, its a little square I can barely see on the corner of the player frame :/

The mod seems to have a million options which im sure is great but it makes it really hard at first to go around finding what you need. Oh well im sure ill get used to it.

I do like how I set up my bars with it tho.

Every healer in my raid team uses ElvUI.
None of the healers in my raidteam uses ElvUI's frames for healing.

Have experience with anything else? Grid? Vuhdo? Could save time.

Rhaknar

Every healer in my raid team uses ElvUI.
None of the healers in my raidteam uses ElvUI's frames for healing.

Have experience with anything else? Grid? Vuhdo? Could save time.

Nope. Its fine, its just for mythics and normal raids anyway with some friends. Im sure ill get used to it.

With some more time I guess ill look into other options.

I wonder how the fate of the Heroes is gonna top this expansion, We are already at the top of the chain in our class, maybe being the King or Warchief of Azeroth?

Xeteh

scy#1745; I know we had a list going around for trying to put together some Mythic stuff on NA Horde side but I don't know the current state of that. 862 Vengeance DH, 852 Blood DK (+ semi-leveled Havoc / Frost weapons) so mostly just want to dive into doing a bunch of M+ stuff with people.

I'll add you, my Enh Shaman is my only Horde character but it is the one I put the most time in to. I CAN heal but I'm not a fan of Resto Shaman, if the party isn't all melee it feels like a struggle to heal.

But yeah, I'm down for mythics/+ whenever.

Any high ilvl fire mages here? How much crit you got?

47%

I have about 4-5 pieces without crit

Apparently I need about 60% crit plust to be competitive

I got a tip:

If you have a hot streak going on, buffer it with a fireball so you can release both the fireball and pyroblast at the same time to maximum stuck ignite and...something about...getting other streaks...or something..I dunno.

Nere

47%

I have about 4-5 pieces without crit

Apparently I need about 60% crit plust to be competitive

I got a tip:

If you have a hot streak going on, buffer it with a fireball so you can release both the fireball and pyroblast at the same time to maximum stuck ignite and...something about...getting other streaks...or something..I dunno.

Yeah but you didn't told me your ilvl!!! I got 48% at 831 ilvl.

Yeah but you didn't told me your ilvl!!! I got 48% at 831 ilvl.

oh

47% at 851

I'm completely fucked with gear. I'm working on getting crit pieces now but..yeah.

OH YEAH

You should rush the artifact gold trait that gives you 5% damage for each consecutive crit

Nere

oh

47% at 851

I'm completely fucked with gear. I'm working on getting crit pieces now but..yeah.

Oh god 20 ilvls difference and I got more....? Yeah you need more crit, get the devilsaur baton it is the bis trinket for us and only gives crit. Yeap already got that trait.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Every boss was nearing the sub 10 pull count

Killed xavius in 9 attempts ffs

Ilgynoth was very difficult until everyone realized hey lets just fucking one phase it because it had no health, did so with 10 seconds to spare

(P2 was literally gorefiend 2.0, super difficult and the only guild who ended up actually 2 phasing is method, we were close to a kill 2 phasing it then just decided to try and one phase it the next day and it fell over like a joke)

Cenarius was a 69 pull boss for us which was right around where it was for other top world guilds, the issue wasn't that the boss was hard per se, it was just annoying because of brambles and not being able to track them etc, little things

I don't think he was bad just not a fun boss to pound on

As mentioned before xavius is the biggest joke end boss I've experienced in the game we got to p 2 without 2 adds and he died

We didn't raid a lot this instance only on the first day, the other days were only 5 hours each so we ripped it in terms of time spent compared to competition, at least performance wise.

In NH we double our hours and then some and will be going for some big things as that is the true instance of the tier

I think it's okay that the first raid of the expansion is relatively easy. Xavius still seems a little too easy for its end boss, but it's not the first time that the last boss of the instance isnt the true challenge.

Milennia

I think it's okay that the first raid of the expansion is relatively easy. Xavius still seems a little too easy for its end boss, but it's not the first time that the last boss of the instance isnt the true challenge.

I have been raiding at a decent level for a long time, this is the first instance hat has been like THIS first hand

They can have VERY easily adjusted health values and have been fine for fuck sake they buffed elerethe health mid pull for us and she was still a joke

I've actually really been enjoying leveling a Holy Paladin through older content, although it is remarkably easy with heirlooms. The real test of my enjoyment of the spec will be current content. It's a little weird not having to deal with Holy Power anymore, I liked the throttle on mana usage you used to have but I like the lower level healing talents the spec has now. With Bestow Faith and Holy Shock you can be pretty mobile healer, I used to struggle with any healer outside of Resto Shaman and old Disc Priest keeping up with some tanks. That isn't the case with Holy Paladin anymore, even if your movement speed bursts are somewhat sporadic versus spirit wolf or shield boost.

Even though the mastery doesn't come into play until 78, Consecration (and some later talent options) sort of encourages you to be closer to the melee scrum so Holy Paladin does feel more like a battle healer, like some melee equivalent of a Discipline Priest in a weird way.

You definitely encounter more weirdness as a healer than as a tank in PUGs, or at least that's been my experience. There's always some people doing goofy shit, queuing as tanks but playing DPS, people with nutty heirlooms for different classes, all of the weird fighting people get into.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I have been raiding at a decent level for a long time, this is the first instance hat has been like THIS first hand

I'm not disagreeing, obviously this was the first time Mythic was cleared the day it got released, but I mean, Lei Shen was more difficult than Ra-Den, for example. That was my point.

However, I don't really think this is that big of a deal. Clearing Mythic EN will still take some more time for the majority of raiding guilds. Only 16 guilds have cleared it so far. We'll see how long Legion's content will last, with Blizzard hyping up the amount of shit they're gonna put out there.

Magnus

oh my god I've been working on my weakauras for the last 4 hours free me from this torment

For all its supposed virtues, that addon seemed like huge fucking pain in the ass. I couldn't make sense of its options and menus at all. Wasn't worth it. I raid just fine without whatever it's supposed to do for me. I can't even remember what its purpose was. I get most of the alerts I need as is.

Yeah, it requires Artifact Knowledge 5, I think.

I am AK5, but I hadn't done the other Xera quests yet. I just did the second one this morning (Illidan being denied tutelage under Cenarius), and now I can't get another. I think you're forced to wait at least one daily or weekly reset between quests, regardless of your AK.

M.D

I don't know why I didn't pick up herbalisk before for when I leveled up my DH. Prices are fucking insane still.

I need to craft 10x4 potions to get the recipies for the actual potions of use but the prices are insane, so every herb I'm gathering now will go towards that.. I should have done this before EN came out

Xeteh

I am AK5, but I hadn't done the other Xera quests yet. I just did the second one this morning (Illidan being denied tutelage under Cenarius), and now I can't get another. I think you're forced to wait at least one daily or weekly reset between quests, regardless of your AK.

Huh... weird. I feel like I did a few back to back on my Shaman earlier this week. That's strange.

Sarcasm

Yeah I gave up on weak auras since it was taking forever and even after following a guide to the tee it all didn't work like it did in the video.

Okey do this quest first http://www.wowhead.com/quest=41230/trapping-evolved

then this one http://www.wowhead.com/quest=41216/survival-of-the-fittest

and then just follow the questline and the world quest will be unlocked which rewards this http://www.wowhead.com/item=140030/devilsaur-shock-baton&bonus=1826 the bis trinket for fire mages, but the world quest isn't always up just saying.

Gotcha

I dropped her quest when I hit 110

I made mistakes in life

edit: I lied I still hold on to the Crimson Thicket quest

life finds a way

Top Bottom