• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Fjordson

Sylvanas would have been better IMO since she's been around this expansion and because of her sisters being on Argus.
Yeah she'd be good also.

I wish Thrall was sort of like Khadgar or Illidan. Always present in some way as a major player. I know I'm probably in the extreme extreme minority on that, though.

cdyhybrid

Yeah she'd be good also.

I wish Thrall was sort of like Khadgar or Illidan. Always present in some way as a major player. I know I'm probably in the extreme extreme minority on that, though.

People whined and cried about a Horde character being the focus for one expansion. Meanwhile we've had Khadgar be the main character for going on two expansions in a row.

Alliance players, SMH.

erawsd

Yeah she'd be good also.

I dont love Thrall but for such a major figure to go "soul searching" in the middle of all out war was a really dumb way to write him out of the story. Would have made more sense if he was just gravely wounded.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Argus is definitely just more Broken Shore. I enjoy the WQ/Rares/Treasure blend but I was hoping for a big, open zone.

It's Broken Shore except you can't fly. I'm pretty much fixing to ignore it outside of alts that could use some gear.

Fjordson

I dont love Thrall but for such a major figure to go "soul searching" in the middle of all out war was a really dumb way to write him out of the story. Would have made more sense if he was just gravely wounded.
Yeah, I don't like it at all.

I love Thrall. Part of it is nostalgia from the Warcraft 3 era, but he's just one of those characters that are essential to the universe for me. And I love shamans and Orcs and all that stuff.

I think Blizzard over-corrected after people complained about him doing too much. All he's done in Legion is give up his Doomhammer and peace out...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Right before the cutscene Alleria
just casually mentions Xera locked her in a fucking cell.

It would be pretty great if the next expac the primary antagonist is
the Army of Light. Turalyon final boss.

There's probably a reason why Turalyon is mad about X'era, but nobody else is - X'era was being a pain in the ass. She yelled at us for killing Illidan even though a different Naaru told us to kill Illidan in the first place and she was constantly being annoying and trying to force people into doing stuff.

Even Velen seemed vaguely non-plussed by Illidan's actions. Which I suspect is because they figured out that Naaru have their own motiviations that don't necessarily revolve around the well-being of mankind; not to mention that as manifestations of the Light, they naturally decay into manifestations of the Void as well.

Fjordson

There's probably a reason why Turalyon is mad about X'era, but nobody else is - X'era was being a pain in the ass. She yelled at us for killing Illidan even though a different Naaru told us to kill Illidan in the first place and she was constantly being annoying and trying to force people into doing stuff.

Even Velen seemed vaguely non-plussed by Illidan's actions. Which I suspect is because they figured out that Naaru have their own motiviations that don't necessarily revolve around the well-being of mankind; not to mention that as manifestations of the Light, they naturally decay into manifestations of the Void as well.
Agreed. Part of what I liked about it. Wasn't just Illidan saying "fuck this" and being edgy, he was basically defending himself.

Was an interesting development imo as far as the Light / Naaru and what we know about them.

I will always main horde due to the playable characters, art style, and music, but the old magic (Thrall/Vol'jin/Cairne) of the horde is lost to me now. Gone are the days of the underdog faction doing what it needs to do to survive. Forsaken may as well be an enemy faction at this point, and I hate how often their blight the land and spread poison crap is used during questing. People do actually play paladin, druid, and shaman.

cdyhybrid

I will always main horde due to the playable characters, art style, and music, but the old magic (Thrall/Vol'jin/Cairne) of the horde is lost to me now. Gone are the days of the underdog faction doing what it needs to do to survive. Forsaken may as well be an enemy faction at this point, and I hate how often their blight the land and spread poison crap is used during questing. People do actually play paladin, druid, and shaman.
Thrall, Vol'jin, Cairne, Chen 😭😭😭

erawsd

It's Broken Shore except you can't fly. I'm pretty much fixing to ignore it outside of alts that could use some gear.

Really, its pretty much how they've been putting together post-launch zones since TBC. Instead of the one and done quest hubs you get a heavy emphasis on repeatable activities that reward catch up gear, mounts, toys, ect.

Nokterian

I love World Quests. I mean is it something where if there weren't rewards for them I would still do them? No. They're basically just the newer version of dailies, but they're quick enough that I don't mind doing them and the rewards are worthwhile.

The new WQ are looking great, lots of AP and gear upgrades. So far this content is packed and i love the quests.

It brings me out to the world and do something instead of sitting in ironforge or dalaran.

Also i do like the changes to feral druid, lots more fun to play.

Moff

did all the content with 2 characters, pretty cool content, a lot better than broken shore. not that it was hard. the 50 shard quest is dumb and certainly brings back bad memories from the broken shore, though.
what I love the most are the new casting animations and sounds. I already loved the firemage and thought it played the best it ever did, but with these new animations it's even more satisfying and fun.

New Frost Mage animations are sweet. Blizzard really nailed the art and sound design with it, so satisfying.

Yep. The flurry/blizzard animation looks badass.

I logged back on my shaman that I stopped doing the mark of the sentinax quest with, and the drop rates must be improved, along with the 100 to 50 mark change. I got the 30+ I needed quickly.

About how long does this week's quest content take to complete?

Haven't had the time to sit down and do it yet. Just got to Argus but haven't left the ship yet since from what I recall doing a little on the PTR there's quite a bit of questing after that before you get to a break point.

Gonna have to do it on at least two characters probably.

About how long does this week's quest content take to complete?

Haven't had the time to sit down and do it yet. Just got to Argus but haven't left the ship yet since from what I recall doing a little on the PTR there's quite a bit of questing after that before you get to a break point.

Gonna have to do it on at least two characters probably.

Depends on if you want to fight some level 112 elites with 130m hp that take 3-5 minutes to solo or take in the sights and pick up some treasure chests. If you rush through it probably an hour 30

Zelias

Banned
I just joined in with group finder and they were half way through killing it.
Fair enough. I waited for an hour in a raid group until everyone got bored and left. Some people were saying on US Blistermaw spawns every 5 mins or so but apparently it's bugged on EU. No idea how true that is, though.

Apparently there's a massive nerf to Mistress that went live with EU and should be active today on NA.

Not yet reported in hotfix notes (since those aren't up yet).

carlsojo

I would really enjoy a cutscene of the new Warchief giving him some "tough love". He even skipped Vol'jinn's funeral! You dick!

Oh you lost control over the elements? Great, you can still hold a fucking axe. Saurfang lost his son and you didn't see him abandon the world.

cdyhybrid

I would really enjoy a cutscene of the new Warchief giving him some "tough love". He even skipped Vol'jinn's funeral! You dick!

Oh you lost control over the elements? Great, you can still hold a fucking axe. Saurfang lost his son and you didn't see him abandon the world.
That's why Saurfang is best Orc

Shahadan

I'm going to go crazy
Everytime there is timewalking up I do it on three characters and everytime I get a shitty relic in the chest

Everytime.

This is almost impossible odds

EmiPrime

I'd like to know why Vol'jin's body was burned; trolls don't do that to their dead.

cdyhybrid

Rogue tier is so dope but it looks terrible on Undead 😣

They managed to make the previous two tiers look alright. Blizz pls

Let me use the Nathanos model or something

Fjordson

Just realized I haven't seen or heard anything in-game about new artifact knowledge research. Did I miss it or is that not available yet?

Got the Skull of Shar'thos and finally got Nithogg skull to go with it. All I need is the Haft of the God King to drop and I can finally FINALLY get this goddamn Fury axe hidden skin for my Tauren Warrior.

Rogue tier is so dope but it looks terrible on Undead 😣

They managed to make the previous two tiers look alright. Blizz pls

Let me use the Nathanos model or something

They could make soooo many helmets work better if they just blended the skin weighting between the torso and head rather attaching the helmet completely to the head.

Fjordson

Goddamn. Decide to buy a relinquished trinket from the new Vindicaar vendor and it's a fucking versatility trinket.

I'll never replace my 895 stat sticks I swear.

Been playing Spriest/Disc since vanilla and I've been looking for another caster alt. Been thinking demo or destro lock or maybe mage? Or maybe mm hunter? Looking for something viable that doesn't play dot heavy.
Goddamn. Decide to buy a relinquished trinket from the new Vindicaar vendor and it's a fucking versatility trinket.

I'll never replace my 895 stat sticks I swear.
Where is the vendor?

Syf

Banned
Destro is fun, I'm loving mine right now. Fire mage is also great. Destro has one dot in the rotation to keep track of while fire mage is sort of an auto applied dot. Can't go wrong with either class imo.

Fjordson

Been playing Spriest/Disc since vanilla and I've been looking for another caster alt. Been thinking demo or destro lock or maybe mage? Or maybe mm hunter? Looking for something viable that doesn't play dot heavy.

Where is the vendor?
He's the same ethereal from Broken Shore. On the bottom level of the Vindicaar.

Tarazet

Destro is fun, I'm loving mine right now. Fire mage is also great. Destro has one dot in the rotation to keep track of while fire mage is sort of an auto applied dot. Can't go wrong with either class imo.

Warlocks are 5000x more survivable. My item level 900 Fire Mage had a lot of trouble in the new zone, though I was just there to farm the new cloth while it was selling for 500g a pop.

Also major QQ. I bought relinquished shoulders on my Druid, then while I was back in the Dreamgrove noticed that I had something in my chest. Apparently there was a Mythic+5 chest from a couple months ago that I never picked up. 915 shoulders with perfect stats. Sonofabitch.

Syf

Banned
Ouch :(

I didn't notice you can get an 880 token for order hall champions real cheap on the broken shore now. That's so nice. All these catch up mechanics are suddenly making it easy to do alts in Legion. Gonna do my shammy next.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
This is the new riddle mount btw
M9PoDSN.jpg

NEED IT

Zelias

Banned
Hm, I thought more stuff on Argus was supposed to be account wide. I have the teleportation pads but not World Quests. Given that I have a 110 of every class, I was hoping to avoid running the story on all of them :/

mclem

Yeah.
Xe'ra dying and the Legion being taken care of are both just opening the door for N'zoth to emerge with two of the strongest opposing forces out of the picture and the players canonically away from Azeroth too.
It's a good way to lead into the next expac. I hope the 8.0 pre-patch
is about us returning to Azeroth to find N'zoth & Azshara invading with their forces, and possibly already taken over some areas considering how long we'll have been away for by then.

Anyway I'm super happy with 7.3 so far and can't wait to see how it progresses over the next couple months. Only complaint is Argus is a pain to navigate with no flying and mobs everywhere.

So... next expansion might be
Ultima IX
?

Zelias

Banned
Working in the riddle mount room- we're trying to figure out how to make a skull beneath Deepholm interactable at the moment.
I don't have the patience or logic to work stuff like this out, but you guys do good work.

Plus that mount is pretty damn cool.

Top Bottom