• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Robin64

Working in the riddle mount room- we're trying to figure out how to make a skull beneath Deepholm interactable at the moment.

"Supremacy? Get… Shirk… … eke..." leads to the skull?

Sometimes I see the clue and the solution and still can't figure out the connection.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The riddles are basically solved by a million moneys with a million keyboards. ;)

I should probably get around to doing some of them... I haven't bothered with Kosmoth, the Mind-worm, or the Hippogryph

Sness

Banned
Is the patch worth coming back for? I think I stopped playing a couple months after the last xpac, around ilvl 830. Are mages still good in PvP?

Lain

Still 5 days left on my account and I can't manage to get the twitch app to work anymore to get mods updated. Either it's stuck looking for mods, or stuck looking for games, or tells me I don't have any games installed lol.

Time to try the wow interface app.

I thought the curse program to update mods sucked but hey, it worked. The twitch app is simply on another level of dogshit.

Fjordson

Man I really wish the Argus elite rares showed up on the map with the skull icons like the elites on the Broken Shore. Impossible to know which ones are up on Argus, especially without flying.

My friend got one of the new mounts yesterday off an elite but I had just logged off. Had no idea it was even up.

Lain

Twitch app mostly works fine for me?

Twitch itself (website) was down for awhile yesterday though.

Used to work fine for me too. Now it just doesn't and I can't track down why it doesn't load my installed mods or even decides there is no game installed, no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall it.

Btw, Minion (the Wowinterface app) works fine, but the mods are laughably outdated. Even something like MikScrollingBattleText, which hasn't had updates for years, is outdated compared to the final outdated version.

Back to manually search for updates and manually update all the mods.

Zelias

Banned
Man I really wish the Argus elite rares showed up on the map with the skull icons like the elites on the Broken Shore. Impossible to know which ones are up on Argus, especially without flying.

My friend got one of the new mounts yesterday off an elite but I had just logged off. Had no idea it was even up.
Yeah, I don't know why they don't do this. I just check to see what groups are in the Premade Group Finder and what WQs are up, far from a perfect solution but it at least gives you an idea of what's up.

Tarazet

I think the reason shaman is so frail is to justify reincarnation. :p Dying is so nice, gonna do it twice.

With most classes, the skill cap comes in the form of the rotation. With shamans, it's staying alive because if you fuck up on any mechanics, you're toast.

You get a lot of toys to play with to make kills easier for sure!

Fjordson

Yeah, I don't know why they don't do this. I just check to see what groups are in the Premade Group Finder and what WQs are up, far from a perfect solution but it at least gives you an idea of what's up.
Ohh that's smart about the group finder. Didn't think about that. Of course now I'll have to have all the names of the elites handy lol, but better than nothing I guess.

I initially assumed that elites only spawned for world quests, but I killed two last night without any WQ and got loot from both, so I probably missed a bunch the first two days =[

Syf

Banned
Something they should address for sure. Reduce mob density, aggro radius, daze, flying, whatever. It's a slog for all but my lock (blessed demon skin) or a toon that has prydaz. Even then my pet takes one false step and suddenly 10 mobs on me.

Adaren

I'm having a blast on Argus on my Disc Priest. The verticality and platforming gives me a reason to play around with the new Levitate physics, and I have yet to be frustrated trying with trying to find something that I see on the mini map (the up and down arrows are a to thank for that).

The risk of dazing can be annoying, but I like that it makes the place feel dangerous. It wouldn't feel right if you could run through demon camps without any risk, and there's usually alternate paths that you can take to avoid the densely populated areas.

Also the terrain is gorgeous. It's like Dark Souls in space.

I would enjoy it more if it was easy to get around, but then go ahead and have densely populated combat zones. It's just always a pain to get from point A to B in these WQ/daily zones.

And OK...shaman class mount is pretty sweet. :D It's the best one I've got so far (warrior, DK, shaman). Warrior mount is good (minus the plastic toy looking weapons on it), but the shaman one wins by being unique.

Yam's

I enjoy that Argus is a bit harder to navigate than the old areas. I liked it with Suramar too during launch and I'm glad we have once again areas where we have to pay a bit attention.

That being said I only went there with DK, DH and Paladin. So pretty hard to die with those 3.

Tarazet

I can't imagine getting around as a mage. I'm even hesitant to bring my shaman there.

I took a Fire Mage to try it out. I wasn't dying much except to the same stuff that was killing my druid, but I was definitely having to eat after every pull. Fighter Chow is your buddy in that place. I hope that when the next xpac rolls around they will still let Fighter Chow work as it does now.

TheYanger

tbh, it's just like any other time you can't fly - people that aren't used to threading the needle with pathing get dazed and die a lot, people that played in vanilla (YAY IT WAS GOOD FOR SOMETHING) skirt mob radius' a lot better and just don't get meleed/dismounted. Yeah I CAN spec tank and ignore the mechanic, but if I go frost I don't get dismounted/dazed either. I've had it happeen like once this week out of TONS of time on Argus.

Zelias

Banned
Of all the classes I've taken to Argus so far (Mage, DK, Druid, Shaman, DH, Pally), the only one I had real trouble with was my Shaman. Gear issue maybe but goddamn she's made of glass.

RPGCrazied

Wow, I actually could solo mark of the sentiax. I had a bunch of those summon things too, took like 20 minutes, got the chests very easily.

Now I'm really at a roadblock. I have to kill 3 rares on broken shore, which I tried to solo, I can't.

This zone is deader then ever before with the Argus patch just release. And the group finder shows nothing.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wow, I actually could solo mark of the sentiax. I had a bunch of those summon things too, took like 20 minutes, got the chests very easily.

Now I'm really at a roadblock. I have to kill 3 rares on broken shore, which I tried to solo, I can't.

This zone is deader then ever before with the Argus patch just release. And the group finder shows nothing.

Search by the name of the rare(s) you are trying to kill, usually you'll see a group or two. If not, start your own group and hope some people get in.

Of all the classes I've taken to Argus so far (Mage, DK, Druid, Shaman, DH, Pally), the only one I had real trouble with was my Shaman. Gear issue maybe but goddamn she's made of glass.

Yeah it's been an unenjoyable experience so far.

My Pally (Prot) was just crushing it. No fear in pulling like half the zone and slowly widdling the higher HP mobs down.

What section are you looking I'm? You mentioned not being able to find Sentinax groups either a few pages back but combined with this one I wonder if you are looking in the right section.

The custom section is usually littered with Sentinax groups. Rares, too, but sometimes I have to make the group myself and wait a minute for somebody to join if I'm on a low gear squishy character.

Lain

That became 1 rare only now, didn't it?

carlsojo

I can help you if you still need it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Here's the progress so far on the new riddle mount.

http://imgur.com/a/To2BO

This is the new riddle mount btw
M9PoDSN.jpg

NEED IT

More progress has been made. Today's big thing was they deciphered an anagram in one of the notes to some new random NPC in Ratchet. To proceed, you needed the same helm as him which was a tailoring pattern removed in Cata. People of course flipped their shit. Muffinus replied to a tweet and said along the lines of "We wouldn't put something not obtainable anymore..."

Turns out the mask pattern drops in searing gorge.

Azzurri

Gold Member
More progress has been made. Today's big thing was they deciphered an anagram in one of the notes to some new random NPC in Ratchet. To proceed, you needed the same helm as him which was a tailoring pattern removed in Cata. People of course flipped their shit. Muffinus replied to a tweet and said along the lines of "We wouldn't put something not obtainable anymore..."

Turns out the mask pattern drops in searing gorge.

They're in Gnomergan now trying to figure out the levers.

Carl2291

I've not played for a few months now, started back today and my FPS is tanking in a big way. "Recommended" setting has me dropping to 20-25 FPS while I used to be over 60. I tried a quick raid and I dropped to ~10FPS.

Is this a problem others have had, or something on my end?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Argus is hot garbage that's impossible to navigate. There's almost no reason to ever go there unless there's a boss or something. It's like Broken Shore without the carrot of eventually obtaining flight.

I mostly went back to leveling my Monk. Leveling through Legion content as a Windwalker is legitimately ridiculous. You can fight 6 mobs at a time and every time one of them dies you poop out a healing orb (and almost nothing lives through the sequence of Fists of Fury, Rising Sun Kick, Dragon Punch and Windlord's Strike as burst AoE). There's almost no downtime at all. The mastery also makes the rotation comically simple since it means you don't *actually* have more than a single option of what to press most of the time.

Top Bottom