• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Zelias

Banned
I've not played for a few months now, started back today and my FPS is tanking in a big way. "Recommended" setting has me dropping to 20-25 FPS while I used to be over 60. I tried a quick raid and I dropped to ~10FPS.

Is this a problem others have had, or something on my end?
Are you on a laptop with hybrid graphics? If yes, try finding the executable, right-clicking and selecting the option to run it on your proper GPU.

If not then I dunno.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
More progress has been made. Today's big thing was they deciphered an anagram in one of the notes to some new random NPC in Ratchet. To proceed, you needed the same helm as him which was a tailoring pattern removed in Cata. People of course flipped their shit. Muffinus replied to a tweet and said along the lines of "We wouldn't put something not obtainable anymore..."

Turns out the mask pattern drops in searing gorge.

What pattern is it? I could possible gets lots of monies with this
20b.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What pattern is it? I could possible gets lots of monies with this
20b.gif

Shadoweave Mask.

If trade chat is anything to go by, it's
Shadoweave Mask
(spoiler'd just in case people want to figure this out on their own or something, I dunno).

Dude, these puzzles are literally impossible to figure out on your own. The only way they get solved to begin with is brute forcing on the Discord that was set up to solve them.

Strimei

Hey, question. I unsubbed like half a year ago (partly because I finally got a job and had a lot less time to play, partly because I was starting to burn out) and haven't paid much attention since. I know the major beats, but I was wondering two things:

First, from what a quick search has told me, there are no new artifact skins in 7.3, correct? And related to the skins, how difficult at this point are the challenges or whatever for the skins that came in 7.2?

I plan to return at some point before the next expansion and focus on getting the skins I want (chiefly WW Monk but I'll do my other alts too if possible) but I just want to know how much I need to prepare for.

erawsd

I was just looking at the Rogue T21 set in-game through the Appearances tab. Every set other than the Normal mode one doesn't include boots? Bug?

Oh yeah, you are right. It looks like the reason is because there are no matching Rogue boots in the raid, the only pair comes from Invasion Point bosses that use the normal mode colors for their drops.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't seem to be receiving gear anymore in emissary chests, just gold or resources. Does that mean legendaries no longer drop from them?

Also, when are we suppose to be getting the items to upgrade our followers above 900? Not seeing any missions for that, and I'm not getting them from the chest in my class hall.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm legitimately wondering how Argus got into the game in this shape. It's so, so, SO bad.

Hey, question. I unsubbed like half a year ago (partly because I finally got a job and had a lot less time to play, partly because I was starting to burn out) and haven't paid much attention since. I know the major beats, but I was wondering two things:

First, from what a quick search has told me, there are no new artifact skins in 7.3, correct? And related to the skins, how difficult at this point are the challenges or whatever for the skins that came in 7.2?

I plan to return at some point before the next expansion and focus on getting the skins I want (chiefly WW Monk but I'll do my other alts too if possible) but I just want to know how much I need to prepare for.

No new skins added in 7.3, correct. They've stated that they're done making new ones.

Challenges are still tough for the most part. Some have been easier than others for people (beast mastery, assassination, windwalker) but if you have the gear and skill then you shouldn't have any issues.

I'm legitimately wondering how Argus got into the game in this shape. It's so, so, SO bad.

The only complaint I have is how dull most of it is to look at. It's just more of the Broken Shore and other Legion areas we've seen. Which makes sense for it to be that way, I get it. I'm just looking forward to moving on to new scenery.

Angry Grimace

It's dull to look at, its absolutely full to the brim with a billion elite mobs that waste time to kill, trying to actually arrive at any given world quest/rare is an exercise in frustration because its impossible to fucking navigate, the game is vague about how you ever get any of the resources like Argunite, etc.

There's nothing redeeming about it other than it being content you can do. But I don't know why anyone would.

Robin64

This is the stage the puzzle mount line is on at the moment. There are ten levers that can each be set to a number from 1 to 9. That plaque is apparently the information on how to operate them. This isn't a binary code, it means nothing when directly converted, so there's more to it than that.

21248153_10155059952093348_2866269019881926318_o.jpg

erawsd

I was pretty frustrated with it initially, but after spending a couple of days there farming gear for my Monk I've actually warmed up to it. Right now my biggest gripe is that i have to manually hop into the group finder to do the rares, WQGF has really spoiled me on quickly getting into groups for this type of thing.

Zelias

Banned
Argus feels a little light on content, but that's my only major gripe with it. That and having to do all the story stuff on all my alts to unlock WQs.

Nokterian

Argus feels a little light on content, but that's my only major gripe with it. That and having to do all the story stuff on all my alts to unlock WQs.

After week 3 when you get everything unlocked it will be unlocked for all alts permanently so you don't have to do all quests again.

After finding a few good farming loops for herbs and primal sargerite, I like the zones a lot more. I can run them with my eyes closed right now.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
After week 3 when you get everything unlocked it will be unlocked for all alts permanently so you don't have to do all quests again.

Oh. Here i just finished the whole story quests for the 4th time on an alt. So I can just wait 2 more weeks and I won't need to bother doing this anymore?

RPGCrazied

Finally got my class mount for Demon Hunter.

And now my Paladin is on the sentiax part. lol

This really isn't alt friendly is it?

Also, where do those beacons drop? 26/50 on marks and I'm out.

It's incredibly light on content so far. Unless I'm missing something. I got most of the new stuff done in a couple hours. I'm sure I could dedicate time to farming stuff and grinding out some stuff, but I'm still trying to get caught up on a lot of things so not really prioritizing it.

Syf

Banned
It just looks light because they're gating it again and we're on week one. We have a long way to go in this patch. We don't even have the Crucible, Mac'Aree, or invasion points available yet. As long as it maintains a quality close to that of the opening Argus story quests instead of devolving into those brainless broken shore quests leading up to ToS I'll be happy. Was very happy with Insurrection, but Breaching the Tomb sucked. I still think Argus has had a strong start with my only complaint being the mobs.

Strimei

No new skins added in 7.3, correct. They've stated that they're done making new ones.

Challenges are still tough for the most part. Some have been easier than others for people (beast mastery, assassination, windwalker) but if you have the gear and skill then you shouldn't have any issues.

Aw, was hoping there'd still be something, there was that really nice Kirin Tor skin of Aluneth that never got used. Pity. Ah well.

Thanks! I don't mind a challenge but if I'm feeling pressure before the next expansion I hope I can brute force some of them.

Also are there any ways to speed up leveling for alts at this point? I've still got several to level (Paladin at least since I want the ashbringer variants) when I return, whenever that is.

Aw, was hoping there'd still be something, there was that really nice Kirin Tor skin of Aluneth that never got used. Pity. Ah well.

Thanks! I don't mind a challenge but if I'm feeling pressure before the next expansion I hope I can brute force some of them.

Also are there any ways to speed up leveling for alts at this point? I've still got several to level (Paladin at least since I want the ashbringer variants) when I return, whenever that is.

Heirlooms can be upgraded to 110 now, and Broken Isles invasions have a great time / xp ratio, just have to be online when they are up. Just short of a level without heirlooms usually, and over with.

Sold 3 masks for 20k each before the price plummeted to 4k FeelsGoodMan

I'm on a small server so I was lucky enough to get two for 65k and then three for 25k. Not a lot of competition. There's my token this month.

Finally got my class mount for Demon Hunter.

And now my Paladin is on the sentiax part. lol

This really isn't alt friendly is it?

Also, where do those beacons drop? 26/50 on marks and I'm out.

They drop from the mobs there (at a lower rate now) and also from the rares around Broken Shore.

Strimei

Heirlooms can be upgraded to 110 now, and Broken Isles invasions have a great time / xp ratio, just have to be online when they are up. Just short of a level without heirlooms usually, and over with.

Excellent! Thanks! Look forward to getting back in in a month or two probably.

erawsd

It just looks light because they're gating it again and we're on week one. We have a long way to go in this patch. We don't even have the Crucible, Mac'Aree, or invasion points available yet. As long as it maintains a quality close to that of the opening Argus story quests instead of devolving into those brainless broken shore quests leading up to ToS I'll be happy. Was very happy with Insurrection, but Breaching the Tomb sucked. I still think Argus has had a strong start with my only complaint being the mobs.

Yeah, the meatier stuff is still to come. Though, honestly, even what it is now is probably comparable to patch zones we've seen in previous expansions. If you not into farming rep/mounts/toys/catch up gear or ganking then these types of zones probably won't have much for you.

Yam's

The riddle was solved

Steps here -> http://imgur.com/a/To2BO

Even with the explanation I still fail to see how the fifth note was solved... Gotta farm that tailoring pattern now!

On a different note, I don't get the hate for Argus. I personally love the two areas. I enjoy that you need to be careful when doing the different WQs and I like that you can find shortcuts for moving around (by shortcuts I mean jumps mostly). Having brought almost all my alts there (gotta get those new mounts), I didn't have any issue on any of them, even with the ones a bit undergeared.

Adaren

For anyone having trouble navigating Argus, two tips:

1. The minimap has up and down arrows to show you whether objectives are above or below your elevation (you may need to mouse over the icon to see the arrow sometimes, I think). If you see no arrows, then the objective is at your elevation.
2. The zone map actually does a great job of showing topography and cliffs. Use that to your advantage when determining how you want to get where you want to go! Look on your map for bridges, ramps, and clear paths that lead to your destination.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm on the last step of this Lucid Nightmare mount. I've been running around carrying an orb for like an hour and a half now.

Nokterian

That's true, still looking forward to it.

Also Monk is becoming my favorite class be it in DPS,Tank and Healing. It feels different and have unique abilities no other class have.

carlsojo

Pretty much. I'm glad they're gating it, it gives me something to look forward to each week.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Yep, it's random for everyone, but also rooms go back on themselves, and if you backtrack to where something should be, it probably isn't.

What I understood is that sometimes when you hit the "edge" of the labyrynth it will send you to the opposite side of that edge. Notice the camera will appear facing the front of your character rather than the default.

It's like those old games that when you hit the top of the map you are transported to the bottom of it.

Maps help but they aren't 100% reliable.

erawsd

For anyone having trouble navigating Argus, two tips:

1. The minimap has up and down arrows to show you whether objectives are above or below your elevation (you may need to mouse over the icon to see the arrow sometimes, I think). If you see no arrows, then the objective is at your elevation.
2. The zone map actually does a great job of showing topography and cliffs. Use that to your advantage when determining how you want to get where you want to go! Look on your map for bridges, ramps, and clear paths that lead to your destination.

Also, Stonehide-Leather Barding will make you immune to daze, if that is driving you up the wall.

Robin64

What I understood is that sometimes when you hit the "edge" of the labyrynth it will send you to the opposite side of that edge. Notice the camera will appear facing the front of your character rather than the default.

Sometimes the "edge" is in the middle, and is a door you just came through that previously wasn't an edge. Also rooms can be on top of other rooms.

Still.

zM0qsXo.jpg

PIlQCqR.jpg

Coulda been worse. At least this cloak has niche applications. Though I still want bracers.

My remaining legendary pool for sub is a fucking minefield though. Still have Prydaz, Will of Valeera, and Cinidaria to dodge.

Dumb thing about today was that it came from the emissary, right before I would've turned in a relinquished bracer. Not that it would have guaranteed me bracers but you know.

cdyhybrid

PIlQCqR.jpg

Coulda been worse. At least this cloak has niche applications. Though I still want bracers.

My remaining legendary pool for sub is a fucking minefield though. Still have Prydaz, Will of Valeera, and Cinidaria to dodge.

Dumb thing about today was that it came from the emissary, right before I would've turned in a relinquished bracer. Not that it would have guaranteed me bracers but you know.
That cloak is good for the second boss in CoS during Tyrannical weeks. Helps melt the imps.

Edit: Also Will is worth it for Mage Tower alone.

Fewr

Guys, I'm considering starting this game because I've been playing HS and I like the lore.
Is it worth buying legion (at $20 off) + vanilla or just vanilla?

Thanks.

EDIT: I just saw, I think I'm fine with vanilla, then I can consider Legion if I'm at a high enough level next time it's $20 off.

Top Bottom