• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Blizz continues to shit on Mage tier gear

semttulotuo84.png

WTF is that?

popped-collar.jpg

Tarazet

Tried out the new feral changes, took me about 15 minutes to lolnope and go back to Balance. The way they pushed out all the buff/bleed timers, on top of nerfing Jagged Wounds, it feels like watching paint dry. It is nice that you can have both Brutal Slash and Bloodtalons now and get some AoE burst... just hard to justify it when Balance is so fucking good all around and it is a ranged spec.

Kind of the same issue as Survival except without the additional pet issues.

Fjordson

Argus is so great visually. The intro questline was also great. And the music. Just so much better than Broken Shore.

The one similarity to Broken Shore is that no flying makes traversal a bit of a pain in the ass. And with all the mobs I'm often running from like 10 enemies that I didn't want to aggro.

Overall a really nice introduction though.

traveler

Not Wario
I really hope Bolvar doesn't end up becoming a primary antagonist. The whole "must always be a Lich King" thing felt super stupid at the time and continuing the cycle would just kill any hype for another adventure there. Would we really go back, kill Bolvar, then let someone else take up the mantle, fully expecting to need to go back and deal with them again in 4 or 5 more expansions? The best way for it to play out is him aiding us or the Scourge being used/sacrificed to stop some incredible threat.

X'era cutscene (spoilers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y962Ss46oS0

I actually loved that.

Kind of funny that the one person who actually acknowledges Illidan's sacrifice
gets destroyed by him. All this "I've sacrificed everything; what have you given?!?!" and you can't even manage a bit of tolerance for the one being that echoes your sentiment? All that said, this played out a lot better than the Illidan going space Jesus I feared.

Moff

I dont understand anything. I never cared a lot about these light beings and never heard if thus Turalyon dude and his girlfriend.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I love that
Illidan is so damn edgy that when he can become the Chosen Edgelord of Light he refuses, going 'nothing personnel' and then kills the greatest good that there ever was.
Blizzard's writing is ridiculous. Everyone seems to think Illidan was being cool, but he just screwed everyone over again by being a single-minded, reckless idiot... again.

I'm sure he'll still work for the greater good in his own way, but he's still a loose cannona nd still putting everyone else in danger at every turn because of his stubborn attitude. Malfurion was right to lock this guy away.

I'm also glad that the cliche of his redemption was avoided, though. So I'm a little conflicted.

traveler

Not Wario
Blizzard's writing is ridiculous. Everyone seems to think Illidan was being cool,
but he just screwed everyone over again by being a single-minded, reckless idiot...
again.

I'm sure he'll still work for the greater good in his own way, but he's still a loose cannona nd still putting everyone else in danger at every turn because of his stubborn attitude.
Malfurion was right to lock this guy away.

I'm also glad that the cliche of his redemption was avoided, though. So I'm a little conflicted.

I mean, that's why this is actually better writing than the alternative. The way things were going with Illidan in Xera's visions previously, it seemed like they were just going to retcon all the less than desirable aspects of his character away to make him this
Chosen One of the light or whatever. Bringing him back to take on the Legion but having him keep his distaste for masters and lack of scruples about, well, killing others to achieve his end keeps him consistent.
This is a much better way of handling him being on the "good" side.

I mean, that's why this is actually better writing than the alternative. The way things were going with Illidan in Xera's visions previously, it seemed like they were just going to retcon all the less than desirable aspects of his character away to make him this
Chosen One of the light or whatever. Bringing him back to take on the Legion but having him keep his distaste for masters and lack of scruples about, well, killing others to achieve his end keeps him consistent.
This is a much better way of handling him being on the "good" side.
Illidan has always kinda been a Chaotic Good character. His intentions were always good (repelling the Burning Legion after the War of the Ancients), but he just did so many horrendous things to achieve those goals, it was easy to see him as a bad guy. It's interesting because if you read the War of the Ancients books they kind of make him a Neutral entity, bordering on Evil. It's basically just been the last 2-3 expansions in WoW trying to retcon Illidan as some misunderstood angstlord. I would rather he went back to be the "screw everyone, I know what's best for this world" character, and even dabbled in doing the things other characters were unwilling to do to achieve those goals. No doubt Blizzard by the end of Legion will set Illidan up to be a villain once again.

traveler

Not Wario
Illidan has always been the Chaotic Good character. His intentions were always good, but he just did so many horrendous things to achieve those goals.

Right, I just mean this time the game actually recognizes it- still not clear why he was setup as the big bad in an expansion titled after and focused on tacking on the Burning Legion....

Godan

Anyones game go extremely laggy then crash? Only just started doing this the past 20 minutes and i have been playing for about 2 hours.

Edit: So this seems to be happening when i go into combat. Guess i have to wait for a fix then before playing anymore

RPGCrazied

Anyone else not see rare's on the map?

Also, I know Blistermaw drops a mount, but I could only loot him once. Can you only loot rares once a day or something? Bugged?

Jag

Just figured out what the follower 6000xp boost is for. Each level until 110 is 3000xp. So the boost is for getting your 108 followers to 110 at which point the ilevel can be upgraded. It just seemed such a random number and really low for leveling 110s to epic, which it's not intended to do.

traveler

Not Wario
Why dreadlord?

And why doesn't Wow look as good as this?!

I actually think HotS has, hands down, the ugliest art style of all of Blizzard's currently supported titles. I know it's not easy meshing all their styles together and the art bar is already set high in their other titles, hs included, but I'll take wow's look over hots' any day.

Zelias

Banned
Why dreadlord?!
Longstanding meme/joke theory that Jaina is actually a Dreadlord in disguise and that explains her shift in personality after Theramore.

Anyone know what the Precious Augeri Keepsake is about? Just tells me I can't open it without the power of the Augeri.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Anyone else not see rare's on the map?

Also, I know Blistermaw drops a mount, but I could only loot him once. Can you only loot rares once a day or something? Bugged?

So if you can only loot rare's once, you don't get the mount on the first try, you are out of luck?

Rares are able to be looted once per day. So if you kill Blistermaw later today (after the 'daily' reset), you will be able to loot him and have another chance at the mount.

RPGCrazied

Rares are able to be looted once per day. So if you kill Blistermaw later today (after the 'daily' reset), you will be able to loot him and have another chance at the mount.

Okay, thanks!

Do you know why the skulls for rares aren't on the map? Its the only way to complete this doomed fuel quest.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Okay, thanks!

Do you know why the skulls for rares aren't on the map? Its the only way to complete this doomed fuel quest.

That I am not sure! I haven't had much time to spend on Argus, but yeah usually Blizzard shows skulls on the map when they are up. Maybe it's because there are so many?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
All of yall debating the Illidan/Xera shit are missing the bigger picture

She had to die so that we power up our artifacts at the crucible. Getting better/stronger gear is always the top priority of the player character.

Okay, thanks!

That I am not sure! I haven't had much time to spend on Argus, but yeah usually Blizzard shows skulls on the map when they are up. Maybe it's because there are so many?

These ones seem to be a little different from the Broken Shore rares in that they're always up, as far as I can tell.

Jag

This patch feels like a mini expansion. Most of the old world is moot and its full steam ahead on the new content.

Yes and no. Once you unlock world quests, it's pretty much done until the next week of gated content gets released. That's maybe an hour or two of new content this week.

I've unlocked WQs on 5 characters. Probably going to stop at 8.

Lain

All of yall debating the Illidan/Xera shit are missing the bigger picture

She had to die so that we power up our artifacts at the crucible. Getting better/stronger gear is always the top priority of the player character.

Players are the ultimate evil, I always knew it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I am dreading unlocking Argus and its content on my toons. I'll probably only do 3-4... my Shaman (done), Rogue (done), and Paladin.

Of course, I'll probably get bored in the near future and do them all.

Lain

I hate the twitch app to update mods. It's not even loading my installed mods today. It keeps searching and searching.

Do people actually enjoy content like this, or is it just that you have more stuff to do? Seriously. WoW questing zones...great. Love it. WQ/daily hubs...poop.

Moff

there are some pretty sweet new casting animations for my male undead
I don't think we ever got new ones since vanilla? seems pretty big to me

The faction war probably makes the least sense it ever has right now. I play Alliance but I'm imaging being Horde and doing this.

1. Go to the Exodar to venture off to the heart of the Legion in the most treacherous and dangerous place we've ever fought in with a draenei, a human mage and a night elf.
2. Meet up with a bunch of extremely powerful draenei, broken draenei outcasts, a human paladin and a high elf, who is your Warchief's sister. The other sister is here too and they talk shit on the Warchief.
3. Use a draenei ship as your command center on the draenei homeworld surrounded by draenei

Just tell us when you feel like contributing anything guys. Seriously, anything. And any human or orc caught trading hands with the other faction should just be jailed and court martialed immediately, there is no time for any in fighting at all. Old Man Greymane and Sexy Zombie Chief can get placed at the top of a warden tower and yell at each other/fuck until they get over it, the grown ups have some REALLY IMPORTANT BUSINESS to be taking care of

Fjordson

Do people actually enjoy content like this, or is it just that you have more stuff to do? Seriously. WoW questing zones...great. Love it. WQ/daily hubs...poop.
I love World Quests. I mean is it something where if there weren't rewards for them I would still do them? No. They're basically just the newer version of dailies, but they're quick enough that I don't mind doing them and the rewards are worthwhile.

cdyhybrid

The faction war probably makes the least sense it ever has right now. I play Alliance but I'm imaging being Horde and doing this.

1. Go to the Exodar to venture off to the heart of the Legion in the most treacherous and dangerous place we've ever fought in with a draenei, a human mage and a night elf.
2. Meet up with a bunch of extremely powerful draenei, broken draenei outcasts, a human paladin and a high elf, who is your Warchief's sister. The other sister is here too and they talk shit on the Warchief.
3. Use a draenei ship as your command center on the draenei homeworld surrounded by draenei

Just tell us when you feel like contributing anything guys. Seriously, anything. And any human or orc caught trading hands with the other faction should just be jailed and court martialed immediately, there is no time for any in fighting at all. Old Man Greymane and Sexy Zombie Chief can get placed at the top of a warden tower and yell at each other/fuck until they get over it, the grown ups have some REALLY IMPORTANT BUSINESS to be taking care of
Liadrin and Aethas are there. Draenei kinda have to be front and center. It's just the way the story worked out. Ion did say there will be a small patch or two after 7.3.5 so maybe we'll see some other ppeople come to Argus.

Shit, only horde we'll see is probably the orc butler from the chauffeured chopper. He'll be forced to carry around Velen's bags or something.

erawsd

Yeah, this has definitely been a very "alliance biased" expac, the presence of the Horde races/heroes has been pretty minimal overall.

Fjordson

I definitely wish Thrall was up in the mix for the Horde. I don't like how he's been abandoned as a character.

And I still wish Warchief Vol'jin had lasted way longer.

cdyhybrid

I definitely wish Thrall was up in the mix for the Horde. I don't like how he's been abandoned as a character.

An alive Vol'Jin Warchief would have been good also.

Sylvanas would have been better IMO since she's been around this expansion and because of her sisters being on Argus.

Lyng

An alive Vol'Jin Warchief would have been good also.

Yeah I feel VolJin could be awesome. Sylvanas is such a boring choice as warchief

Top Bottom