• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I have the absolute worst luck on randoms in dungeons. I hate this all pass and then /random BS.. I know there's gotta be some sort of algorithm that goes into the Need roll that isnt there on random cause the person who needs it less always seems to win ><

This guy (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&n=Gargoogle) beat me for Boots of the Outlander the other day (2nd time to a shaman, bleh) and he isn't even wearing em.. still. Obnoxious...

Meier

Wow, this thread on the Hunter forums became totally EPIC in the past day. Guy has been trumping up his 1k dps on a boss fight for some time as a BM hunter (http://www.sodraids.com/wws-20070415-1854/index.html) and someone comes in trolling on a lvl 7 mage from another server. He fights back, etc. and it goes for awhile like that with people on various sides of the fence. One of the other hunters from his guild tries to keep things mostly civil, but the 3rd goes unheard from until today when she snaps:

Lilithshade said:
Yo Maelgwn, I'm getting real tired of your pompous attitude. I wanted to avoid posting on either of these posts because I didn't really want to start s**t with you. But... Since you continue to be an a**hole to people on these forums as well as your fellow raiders (and trust me I'm tired of dealing with you) , I figured why not.

I don't give a s**t how good you think you are. You die in every trash pull and reset SW_Stats when you get rezzed just so you don't look bad to your fellow raiders. Your gear, while giving you more AP, sacrifices all kinds of other stats that you might think are negligable but having 2,000 less HP makes you a very squishy target. I laugh inside everytime you die and can't continue to max your potted out the a** dps.

Before I proceed to talk more @!*! I want to get a few points across that I think you failed to mention on numerous occasions in order to make yourself look better to the rest of the Hunter community.

You are specced full raid dps because that's all you care about. That is fine. I'm cool with that. Now, when you decide to trash talk other people behind their backs because they don't do as much dps as you, it really pisses me off. I am specced 0/43/18, NOT so that I can ZOMG outdps the BM Maelgwn master of dps, but so that I can play the game the way I want to, and enjoy it. When you make claims such as:

"I have superior gear, spec, and consumables"

Sure you have tons of AP gear (since int gives you no AP), less crit, far less survivability and use more consumables than I care to use. How does this make you so amazing? It doesn't. You failed to mention in all your posts, your lack of effort to help with Infernals.

"Time walking between adds in the beginning. Time clicking. Time being knocked around by the quake. Time waiting at 30%. It's easily 101 seconds."

Obviously you couldn't care less if all our healers get owned. All you want to do is continue dpsing so that you can flex your imaginery video game epeen to everyone on these forums, making you look like an allstar. If Fafhrd and I weren't busy distracting and trapping the infernals to get them off of healers, you wouldn't even have a fight to show off. We have only 2 Warlocks, so without this we would fail.

Stop trying to make yourself look like hot s**t. You don't care about anyone but yourself and all your posts support this. I'm done dealing with you.

Since this post is about Intellect and mp5 on gear I'm going to add a very small part relating to that. Yes, Hunter gear blows. I tried talking about this with you one night, but you were such an a**hat that I gave up hope on ever communicating on a normal plain with you. Enjoy calling the nice people on these forums "idiots, and non-credible noobs." I'm sure it makes you feel so much better about yourself, when in fact you are a worthless jack*ss.

And then this from another person.. probably a fellow guildmate hiding behind another identity:
Of course it does.

When you're a welfare-leeching smacktard because you want to take advantage of the fact you have muscular dystrophy (which Maelgwn does), you need something to be "proud" of.

When you stalk a girl you met in a video game because she was visiting a city 2 hours from you to the point she had to threaten to call the police (which Maelgwn did), you need something to be "proud" of.

When you throw everything you had into hitting on a girl and lost her to a guy that was homosexual as far as anyone knew (which Maelgwn did), you need something to be "proud" of.

So he afk pet attacks a raid boss. Cut him some slack.

:lol :lol

firex

don't worry, my old guild has (or had, maybe, since I think most of their members quit) a bunch of dicks of every class except maybe druid or priest.

Killed Prince today (skipped Aran no warlocks, we can rarely do it with 1 warlock so 0 is out of the question atm) Got Gorehowl 2h axe for a prot warrior roarhhhh!

firex said:
don't worry, my old guild has (or had, maybe, since I think most of their members quit) a bunch of dicks of every class except maybe druid or priest.

Druids seems to be the only class that are always team players, priests too (for the most part) and dps warriors (since they pass on so much tanking gear for random bits and pieces), at least in my experience. Tanks and rogues/hunters tend to be huge cry babies (pallies too, but not as much)

firex

Most of the warriors in my old guild were some of the whiniest babies ever. I mean we had the usual stereotypical MT who bitches and blows up about stuff, but with the exception of one guy (who just kind of left mysteriously a couple months before the expansion and never showed up again) the warriors did nothing but whine all the ****ing time. It was ridiculous and annoying. Like on any raid, no matter if the boss didn't even drop warrior items, they'd bitch, period, if it wasn't plate (tank or dps) or a melee weapon. they basically never congratulated anyone who wasn't a warrior who got drops, either. looking back on it, it's no wonder most raids I did over the past year or so were either after I was stoned or after taking like a 2 month hiatus from WoW.

I'm really surprised druids/priests didn't blow up in my old guild (shamans were pretty cool overall, too, but there was like just one bad apple who was a huge dick) because it was like the worst, most exaggerated case of blaming healers whenever there was a wipe.

As a warrior in our defence since tbc tanking has become a rather huge challenge. Hunter pets can outtank me sometimes and I'm protection. Fabulous. I think tanks get bitchy cause they're doing lots. Them and healers have the most important jobs tbh.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I agree on the points of Druids and Priests being quite calm, although in my guild there was an idiotic Priest who was selling the blues he needed (in SM of all things) to vendor and get his mount.

Then there was my friend who rolled a Druid and was a bit of an arse at times because he didn't like healing or tanking. I said to him, "why roll a ****ing hybrid class then?" He didn't like the fact that as a Druid in PVP (at lvl 60) your best strategy was to outlast, survive and generally be annoying.

I still see some Warriors who can't multi-tank either. But most of the time the blame has to go on those who are DPS'ing and hit different targets.

multi tanking is not the same beast it was. Back in the day it was the case of popping 3 sunders on main target, taunting 2nd target sticking a few sunders on that then back to the first mob. I cud do this fury specced no problem.

Now if I have to tank 2 mobs I'll try and get a shield slam on the first mob and a revenge maybe a sunder. Taunt the 2nd shield slam, revenge 2 sunders.

Now that doesn't sound much different but shield slam costs 5 more rage than an unspecced sunder and rage gen is not as high as it once was and most classes got new damage abilities whilst warriors received nothing in the threat generating department.

firex

MrPing1000 said:
As a warrior in our defence since tbc tanking has become a rather huge challenge. Hunter pets can outtank me sometimes and I'm protection. Fabulous. I think tanks get bitchy cause they're doing lots. Them and healers have the most important jobs tbh.
this is all pre-tbc stuff that I'm complaining about, but I'm not blaming all warriors. I'm just saying my old guild had like the worst people ever as far as attitudes go.

speedpop

ToyMachine228 said:
As a healer you learn to be quite patient since almost every problem in any group or raid gets blamed on you:lol
I don't know, I never did the full raid thing because it seemed too overblown for me, but even in end-game 5-mans when I was main healing as a Resto Shaman and if we did wipe there was rarely any complaints raised towards the healer. It was just a case of "well we wiped, time to try again"

Then again this was in the guild runs mainly so maybe that's entirely different :D

etiolate

Banned
Wow arena sucks as a Druid, especially resto

cyclone if you can my young boy! Because a bubble and dispell would be much more useful.

Tamanon

Banned
speedpop said:
I don't know, I never did the full raid thing because it seemed too overblown for me, but even in end-game 5-mans when I was main healing as a Resto Shaman and if we did wipe there was rarely any complaints raised towards the healer. It was just a case of "well we wiped, time to try again"

Then again this was in the guild runs mainly so maybe that's entirely different :D

In raids, the most vocal blame goes to healers, but that's generally from random DPS members or bad tanks. There's nothing more annoying than having the 5th OT complain about healing when she just has shitty gear and is extremely tough to keep up.

Us mages don't bitch much publically at all, but in our private channels, it's all mockery!

border

My general observations from 5-man wipes:

DPS --> blame healer
Healer --> blame tank
Tank --> blame healer if you died while the healer still had mana. If the healer had no mana, blame DPS for not following prescribed strategy properly and taking too much damage. If there is a hunter, blame him for not using Feign Death.

I'm sad that they are taking out a visible way to tell if hunters are feigning properly, though. How will we blame them now?

Tamanon said:
In raids, the most vocal blame goes to healers, but that's generally from random DPS members or bad tanks. There's nothing more annoying than having the 5th OT complain about healing when she just has shitty gear and is extremely tough to keep up.

Us mages don't bitch much publically at all, but in our private channels, it's all mockery!

IMO, guilds that do that progress despite themselves and have to handjob random healers to get them to join and stay Holy/Resto cuz they run off the native healers when they've had enough of that shit. Knowing the true cause of wipes gets the right wheels greased.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
border said:
My general observations from 5-man wipes:

DPS --> blame healer
Healer --> blame tank
Tank --> blame healer if you died while the healer still had mana. If the healer had no mana, blame DPS for not following prescribed strategy properly and taking too much damage. If there is a hunter, blame him for not using Feign Death.

I'm sad that they are taking out a visible way to tell if hunters are feigning properly, though. How will we blame them now?

I got blamed so many times for not FD'ing but it wasn't even my fault the party wiped :lol :lol

fallout

I think hunters just get blamed because if they get pissed off and leave, you can always find a couple hundred more scrambling to get in your group.

Hero

I don't know, out of all the hunters I've ever played with, there was only a handful that ever impressed me. It doesn't take a lot of skill to be a hunter, but those who are can be valuable assets in a 5 man.

As for raiding, I don't know. I don't see the point of bringing any along unless you need tranq. shot.

johnsmith

remember me
Hero said:
As for raiding, I don't know. I don't see the point of bringing any along unless you need tranq. shot.

As for raiding there's no point in bring anything but mages, warlocks, and shadow priests. Melee DPS is a joke right now.

Tamanon

Banned
Misdirect is a freakin' great ability in raids.

Thinking of respeccing my mage to deep fire instead of deep frost now. I like the survivability, but I kinda wanna burn things down too. Only problem is that i have 2/3 Shadoweave pieces.....

speedpop

I've always thought of myself as a pretty decent Hunter player, but never seriously rolled the class because of the reputation stigma it has.

yacobod

Banned
Hero said:
It doesn't take a lot of skill to be a hunter, but those who are can be valuable assets in a 5 man.

it doesnt take much skill to play any class in this game well, quit kidding yourself, especially if we are talking about raiding and pve, a good raider can follow directions, thats pretty much all it takes

in a raid environment, all that is seperating a "good" player from a "bad" player is gear and the ability to follow directions or strats

note im speakin of competent players, there are ppl who are clueless playing every class in this game, so lets not bring them up

Hero said:
I don't know, out of all the hunters I've ever played with, there was only a handful that ever impressed me. It doesn't take a lot of skill to be a hunter, but those who are can be valuable assets in a 5 man.

True. I've only ever grouped with 1 hunter that I thought was a really good. He could keep 2 mobs contained really well provided you give him a few seconds before pulling to setup his trap cycle.

It takes very little skill to play a hunter and not die solo, but there seems to be a LARGE gap between afk autoshot and perfect shot rotation and kiting/trapping CC fests while also DPSing bosses in Heroics or whatever that the great ones are asked to do.

speedpop said:
I've always thought of myself as a pretty decent Hunter player, but never seriously rolled the class because of the reputation stigma it has.

I'm noodling about with a Belf Hunter now to see their lore/quests, and it really, really boggles me how Huntards (shitty Hunters) have this blatant ignorance of aggro mechanics with pet tanking mechanics the CORE of their grinding.

I myself am having too much fun doing stuff like Mark -> Flame Trap -> sic pet on marked target in a group -> Multishot -> Serpent Sting -> Wing Clip -> air turn when growl kicks in -> Arcane shot -> Win. :D

Hero

yacobod said:
in a raid environment, all that is seperating a "good" player from a "bad" player is gear and the ability to follow directions or strats

Sadly, hunters are the shining class of 'ez-mode.' They can go from 1-70 without learning anything about the game other than 'sick pet' and 'autoshoot.' I'm sorry if I'm insulting your class, but that's the perception a lot of people have about them. I can't count the number of times there's been wipes or adds pulled because the hunter screwed up by either pulling horribly, not feign deathing when they're supposed to, mistrapping, etc. We even had one brilliant hunter who didn't have her nature resist aura on during a Huhuran fight and caused her soak group to wipe.

fallout

Meh, to be perfectly honest, I always thought that the shaman class (only one I've levelled to above 40-something) had to be the easiest to play. Yeah, there's a lot of totems, but their uses are really straightforward and the mechanics behind it are pretty simple.

And then I've talked to players like hunters who think that I've got the most complicated job in the world because of the totems, the healing, the spell interrupting, the purging, etc. Meanwhile, I'm looking at them in amazement at their ability to kite a mob around.

I think it's just a matter of what you've played. Every class is easy, but you don't really understand them until you've levelled them. And honestly, some people just fit different playstyles. I have a hard time levelling anything without a "heal" button, heh.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Any classes are easy to play, its only a matter of which style you like to play, like 90% of wow's official forums think that hunters are only on auto pew pew and they win... yea...

I remember another job from another MMORPG that was also easily simplified by the masses, FFXI's red mages, they were called refresh whores, forgetting that they had to keep a party of generally 4 to 5 mana users refreshed for mp regen, a cycle i learned to never break, not even 1 second of downtime i had, on top of debuffing a mob with dia/bio, slow, paralyze, gravity, blind, sometimes poison, elemental debuffs, silence when it was a mage type mob, throw a nuke when the melees were doing weapon skills, heal the poor sob tank, give the dps some haste rotation, aspir the magic enemies, drain the non ones, put to sleep adds, practical use of convert (transfer hp to mp) and so on. It was so imprinted in my brain that i knew what i could cast inbetween either refresh or haste cycles, how many debuffs i could do and if i had time to do it, so i had never even 1 minute of downtime in a party.

One of the hardest and most carpet tunnel syndrome inducing classes that ever graced videogames, as long as you were willing to master it, cause the majority were just surfing on easy party invites and only cared to give what they were invited for, mp refreshes, but for the rest of us who had a timer on our wrist to not even let 1 sec of downtime in all these cycles, there was a sense of accomplishment when we had to leave a party and had friend invites because they thought we were damn good.

Every damn classes of WoW can be dumbed down to something simple and ridicule, just like i know that any classes in the right hands can be lethal, playing on a pvp server i've learned to never let my guard down just because X or Y class is nearby and i think that they're easy cake because im playing Z class, there's no such thing.

I dont claim to have levelled every one of them to 70, cause frankly, i would probably have jumped off a building by now lol, but pvp'ing with many peoples, having leveled and played around pretty much all of them, i dont see any blatant gap between them, peoples just love to QQ that they cant give instant death to the other classes, result = wow forums.

Meier

Need about 20% more xp till 70. Have about 750 gold or so saved up as is but lots of auctions up.. should get 70 and possibly my flying mount tomorrow so I'm stoked. :D

Ashodin

So I switched to a raiding guild and I went holy. I was tired of not getting groups because people frown on Ret so damned much.

I still harbor feelings to become a ret pally, and my guild says if they acquire more healers I can finally live my dream (to be in a raiding guild and ret spec). I figure if they gear me up enough with ret stuff I could be potentially devastating in the new patch.

We downed High King Maulgar on Friday.

Meier said:
Need about 20% more xp till 70. Have about 750 gold or so saved up as is but lots of auctions up.. should get 70 and possibly my flying mount tomorrow so I'm stoked. :D

Once you're there do all the quests u missed (you'll have a zone full of quests to do in shadowmoon/netherstorm) that'll net you a lot of g

Maxrpg said:
I still harbor feelings to become a ret pally, and my guild says if they acquire more healers I can finally live my dream (to be in a raiding guild and ret spec).

That's really the problem with Ret. It's VERY gear dependant and it doesn't provide anything unique to the raid buff wise.

Hero

Sadly, I feel bad for the hybrid classes. Blizzard has pretty much pigeonholed them all to be healing classes. When TBC first came out druid tanks were beasts, and warrior tanks were pretty much garbage. Now it's the other way around, but most of the warriors on my server pretty much quit or didn't level their warrior.

It's a shame too, since I leveled my shaman up to 55 but until there's hope in sight for that class, she's probably going to stay there.

And in relation to my earlier post, I'm not saying there's any class in the game that is difficult, but as far as what classes are most popular and the number of retards playing that class, the hunter ratio is quite high. Rogues are almost up there, since they were godmode early on in WoW, but thankfully the population has dipped slightly. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen rogues mainhanding a dagger for backstab while offhanding a slower sword. Or there was this chick in my guild who was using a Viskag MH with a Perdition's OH. I tried explaining to her why Perdition's is a bad OH..but man, people don't like to be told how to play.

Edit:

Oh, and for all my fellow rogues out there, in season two of the arena, our arena PVP 4 set bonus is going to be..+10 energy! Such a massive, massive difference between the shitty -1 sec on gouge to the bread and butter of stunlock. I'm curious as to how a 41/0/20 or 31/0/30 build is going to abuse 120 energy. At level 60 it was powerful to have the Nightslayer bonus, so I can imagine this will be pretty ridiculous at level 70.

I think I'm going to quit. It's fairly clear that if I'm not going to raid, there is no reason for me to keep playing the game. The real draw for me was seeing new areas, building my character, and getting new gear but, now that I'm 70 and have pretty much everything I want out of the quest rewards and dungeon drops, it feels like I ran into a brick wall. I can't make any progress with PVE unless I join some huge raiding guild and it just takes too long to get arena points when all your teammates are losing interest in the game and you just end up doing 2vs2 every week.

Trying to put together a new guild on my server that will really dedicate itself to PvE. Right now my server is just...Bleh. Hoping things come together.

Meier

MrPing1000 said:
Once you're there do all the quests u missed (you'll have a zone full of quests to do in shadowmoon/netherstorm) that'll net you a lot of g

Yeah, I havent even ventured into Shadowmoon yet. I'm looking forward to getting that sweet helm of second sight there.

firex

I leveled to 70 without doing a single quest in blade's edge, shadowmoon, or netherstorm... so whenever I have the desire to go do all these quests I'll be filthy rich, since on average the green quests give like 10g each, much less the stuff that will actually be around my level or a group quest.

Meier

Wow, did you just do shitloads of instances or something? I got to about 68 in Nagrand before going to BE and now Netherstorm, but I didnt have much left to do.

firex

yeah, I finished up all of the nagrand quests and I was nearly 68, and got kind of burned out so I built up a bunch of rest from not playing, and did 3-4 instances. fully rested that put me at like 30k before 70, so I went and grinded some mobs in shadowmoon for that last 30k (it was kind of boring, but went by fast and I got loads of aldor rep items I needed) since they gave 1k or more per kill with rest. at that point I was holy spec on my pally, so getting groups for the last 3 levels was really easy. I did stuff like sethekk halls, old hillsbrad, and even shadow labs once.

and then I got kind of burned out because I played so much going from 67-70 that I haven't really put any time in since that night, when I bought my flying mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom