• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
New pet for hunters , lvl 70 Striders off the Tek forest on a floating island called Sorrow wing Point.

WoWScrnShot_042307_012329.jpg

Am wondering...what pets other than Bears have yet to get a certain buffs.....in other words....Wovles have learn Furious Howl, Gorilla's Thunder Stomp, ect. All these pets getting all these nice abilities, but my poor Bear, 2+ years later, still has crap to show for it. :(

Zalasta

Buggy Loop said:
I remember another job from another MMORPG that was also easily simplified by the masses, FFXI's red mages...

That really brings back memories. Come to think of it, WoW classes really have nothing on FFXI in terms of complexity and depth (the only thing WoW exceled at was skill trees that are suppose to differentiate people of the same class, where as in FFXI, red mages are red mages), especially bards and red mages, two of the most fun and busiest jobs I have ever played.

Anyway, my best friend who I started WoW with finally decided to quit, we've all known it's coming, so now I'm just running 5-men instances to finish getting all the BoP recipes I need (it's borderlining masochistic, I must've ran Steamvault 25+ times for Enchant Bracer: Fortitude, been exalted with Cenarion Expedition because of it). Only got two left, the +35 Agility from Arcatraz and Major Fire Protection from Mech, I imagine I'll be exalted with The Sha'tar before this is over (half way through revered already). Also helped guild down Curator for the 1st time in Kara, though I don't really raid much these days.

Ashodin

PRINCE MALCHEZZAR down!

Dropped TIer 4 Warrior hat and [Sunfury Bow of the Phoenix]. Very very nice bow, also dropped his weirdass dps neck.

Fularu

Banned
Hero said:
I don't know, out of all the hunters I've ever played with, there was only a handful that ever impressed me. It doesn't take a lot of skill to be a hunter, but those who are can be valuable assets in a 5 man.

As for raiding, I don't know. I don't see the point of bringing any along unless you need tranq. shot.

Says 2 button spam mage, right? Oh and it sure as hell takes skill to level up a mage?

R1 Frostbolt, Fireball, fireball fireball, frost nova, back of (or blink), press same 2 buttons again

ZOMG SKILLZ!

Meier

Yeah, mage and warlock seem like the easiest classes to me. I swear that every warlock has a macro for at least pvp.. within a second you have like 5 dots on you.

Hero

Fularu said:
Says 2 button spam mage, right? Oh and it sure as hell takes skill to level up a mage?

R1 Frostbolt, Fireball, fireball fireball, frost nova, back of (or blink), press same 2 buttons again

ZOMG SKILLZ!

A mage doesn't have a pet that does the tanking for him so he can stand around safely and not even really pay attention. Like I said, some classes have an easier time grinding than others, but really hunters are probably the easiest class in the game due to their survivability and pets. I'd say warlocks are the next easiest, but they're pretty squishy.

Fularu

Banned
I see no difference between a tanked mob and a frozen mob, in the end, neither hunter or mage take Damage

At least the hunter can't AOE grind, unlike some class (hint, it starts with M, ends with E and has 4 letters)

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Fularu said:
I see no difference between a tanked mob and a frozen mob, in the end, neither hunter or mage take Damage

At least the hunter can't AOE grind, unlike some class (hint, it starts with M, ends with E and has 4 letters)
have you tried leveling both? Hunters are easymode total, win button etc etc, mages are just kind of easy, although they are very squishy.

Fularu

Banned
Yes?

Leveling up as a mage is just silly, squishy? Lol the mob has to hit you for you to die, and if it does.. well maybe you should learn the strenghts of your class and how to level with it

pxleyes

Banned
Fularu said:
Yes?

Leveling up as a mage is just silly, squishy? Lol the mob has to hit you for you to die, and if it does.. well maybe you should learn the strenghts of your class and how to level with it

over aggro on a mage = death

over aggro on a hunter = frost trap, feign death, live

though all and all I think mages are the easiest to level, with water/food conjuring and portals being at the top of the list. Not to mention Frost rocks.

trh

Fularu said:
Yes?

Down to personal insults huh? Well maybe you oughta learn how to play this game if you manage to come to the conclusion that leveling a mage is as easy or easier than leveling a hunter. Leveling a hunter is waay way faster and way easier, I'm really very much surprised that isn't obvious to everyone. You seem so hell bent on thinking it isn't that I can't be arsed to try and convince you otherwise.

Fularu

Banned
Ok, out of the 10 first people to reach 70 on Dragonmaw, 7 were Mages, one was hunter and two were shadow priests

If you still believe hard as rock that something that has the shortest downtime of all classes, that can go on for hours on end, that can go out of 99% of the fights untouched is hard to level, yes, sorry, learn to play a mage.

Hunters are easy, stupidly easy, but they requiere arguably even more skill than the 2 spam buttons one frost/blink mages.

Also, about the FD/FT of hunters. Frost nova --> invisibility. Granted, you have to be 68, but if that doesn'T make for awefully easy farming/grinding, you are deluded.

trh

Fularu said:
Ok, out of the 10 first people to reach 70 on Dragonmaw, 7 were Mages, one was hunter and two were shadow priests
... Well the first to reach 70 worldwide not abusing tapleveling or anything like that was a warrior I believe. :lol

The currently fastest recorded leveler not abusing hearthstone cooldown or rested was a hunter however. And I actually beat that time by 2 whole hours only at level 20. At 25 I was only 1 hour ahead but it was my first time using that guide.
Fularu said:
If you still believe hard as rock that something that has the shortest downtime of all classes, that can go on for hours on end, that can go out of 99% of the fights untouched is hard to level, yes, sorry, learn to play a mage.
Hunters doesn't have any downtime, just send your pet and drink up quickly, if your pet is low on hp just use mend pet and you're good to go. Completely untouched.

Ramirez

It is in Arenas, especially with cold snap, and their 2 immunities, which will be fixed some what with the next patch, think before you speak :)

pxleyes

Banned
Ramirez said:
It is in Arenas, especially with cold snap, and their 2 immunities, which will be fixed some what with the next patch, think before you speak :)

o please. Arenas should NOT define the game. The change to coldsnap is proof enough of that.

bengraven

Came back to the game after taking a few months off.

Left warrior at level 57. Really, really don't want to play Warrior class anymore, but too lazy to start a new class. Being called a jerk because I'm doing DPS.

fallout

bengraven said:
Left warrior at level 57. Really, really don't want to play Warrior class anymore, but too lazy to start a new class. Being called a jerk because I'm doing DPS.
Meh. There's a fury specced warrior I know who wears leather. He slaughters people in PvP and tops DPS meters in raids. People are just too close-minded about this game, sometimes.

Ramirez

o please. Arenas should NOT define the game. The change to coldsnap is proof enough of that.

Define the game to whom? Someone who raids all the time and never PVPs? I'm the complete opposite of that, I never raid, all I do now is PVP in arenas. Now, while I'm well aware the game will never be balanced around arenas, I find it kind of shitty, since that's what I enjoy.

Ramirez said:
Define the game to whom? Someone who raids all the time and never PVPs? I'm the complete opposite of that, I never raid, all I do now is PVP in arenas. Now, while I'm well aware the game will never be balanced around arenas, I find it kind of shitty, since that's what I enjoy.

Think man, the game shouldn't be balanced around any one specific thing, and people like you shouldn't make redundant comments like "Kind of shitty, since that's what I enjoy"

I mean that's one step away from the stupidity of people saying a class needs a nerf because in one on one situations they are overpowered. Who the **** plays the game exclusively one on one?

Just deal that every class has to be balanced in world/group/arena pvp and world/raid/5 man PVE.

Ramirez

I fully acknowledged the fact that I know the game will never be balanced around one specific thing, so I am thinking.

I just simply said I wish it could be balanced for all scenarios of the game, mainly PVP for me.

Ramirez said:
I fully acknowledged the fact that I know the game will never be balanced around one specific thing, so I am thinking.

I just simply said I wish it could be balanced for all scenarios of the game, mainly PVP for me.

Sorry man just reread my post and didn't mean to come off as dickheadish as i did, i get what you mean, just heard a lot of people crying that their warrior/priest/whatever specced for raiding can't beat a pure dmg class specced for pvp in arena or 1v1 play

fallout

teacupcopter said:
Sorry man just reread my post and didn't mean to come off as dickheadish as i did, i get what you mean, just heard a lot of people crying that their warrior/priest/whatever specced for raiding can't beat a pure dmg class specced for pvp in arena or 1v1 play
Yeah, I've seen that a lot.

Raiding Warrior: I hate PvP! Warriors suck at it!
Me: Dude, you're prot.

You get what you spec for. Live with it, heh.

OK, I'm a ****ing idiot.

I've bought this game again. Trying out the BC trial and then going full force into it, going a BE Pally (sue me). I've played a druid to 60 and a Hunter to 60. There's a small chance I'll play a warrior instead of Pally though, but not sure. Definitely horde.

What add-ons are cool to use with BC? Bagnon was one I loved pre-expansion, as were some map ones. Also the sweet super awesome UIs, is that still controlled by the impossible to use for me nurfed? Or is bongos still an alright one?

And lootlink stuff?

Any links to all this stuff, I lost my wow links folder/not sure if I can trust some websites (keyloggers and such I hear to look out for)

border

fallout said:
Meh. There's a fury specced warrior I know who wears leather. He slaughters people in PvP and tops DPS meters in raids. People are just too close-minded about this game, sometimes.
Why would any warrior have to wear leather? There's more than enough DPS/PVP plate out there....

My Draenei Shaman is 61, and I'm thinking about joining a raiding guild again on my Paladin. I'll finish out of Shaman, get him some of the dungeon set. And all of the sudden I'm feeling like leveling a Rogue or Warlock. Well, it'd be my second Rogue actually. We'll see what I feel like.

Meier

http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/addons/

That's the best add-on site. I don't use many since my performance sucks ass as is due to the fact I play on a laptop.. I know one a lot of people like is called X-Perl. http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/3416/x-perl-unitframes/

I just use one called Titan Panel since it gives me coords and a few other things that are nice: http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/618/titan-panel/ -- the most reliable new Damage Meter is called SWStats: http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/2091/sw-stats/

ManaByte

Meier said:
http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/addons/

That's the best add-on site. I don't use many since my performance sucks ass as is due to the fact I play on a laptop.. I know one a lot of people like is called X-Perl. http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/3416/x-perl-unitframes/

I just use one called Titan Panel since it gives me coords and a few other things that are nice: http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/618/titan-panel/ -- the most reliable new Damage Meter is called SWStats: http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/2091/sw-stats/

Um, no. Curse Gaming is the WORST add-on site. They love to slip keyloggers into the addons they host. It's only good if you like losing your account to a China farmer.

Use http://ui.worldofwar.net/ they virus scan everything.

Meier

*shrug* I've never heard that before, but I'd imagine it isn't Curse that's slipping things in considering the stuff is user-submitted. Probably best to not be the first to download something like this from ANY site considering that sort of thing is always a possibility.

The World of War site is pretty good too, but as far as speed, availability, etc., Curse is tops. It's all up to preference I suppose.

trh

Downed Magtheridon last night for the first time, and although it was a fun experience, I'm just not feeling it. It's not my class or anything, I just don't think it's fun to grind 2 hours a day to get pots for 2 hours of trying with trash mobs respawning every 20 minutes. Think I'll have to pull the plug for the third time since TBC came out lol. :(

trh said:
trash mobs respawning every 20 minutes

Thank God Blizzard is adjusting trash respawns in general next patch. I've never understood the need for all the trash, and the need for the trash to respawn. It breaks a raid's focus and it makes raiding much less enjoyable.

trh

ToyMachine228 said:
Thank God Blizzard is adjusting trash respawns in general next patch. I've never understood the need for all the trash, and the need for the trash to respawn. It breaks a raid's focus and it makes raiding much less enjoyable.
Oh they are? What will it be like now?

One thing I think they could do would be if every boss dropped like 50g per person rather than 2 or 3 or whatever it is now. Would make it all much much smoother. Or maybe there could be a questgiver at the beginning of the instance that hands out a reward when you take him down, that would reset with the instance.

firex

Well, I'm definitely not interested in raiding, so personally I bet I wind up canceling after I get the gear I want/get tired of arenas and 5 mans, and have my epic flying mount on my pally.

But I've also actually come back to my lock... they nerfed them just enough from expansion beta to now that, while I still think they're overpowered, it's no longer affliction or bust, so I can enjoy a simple felguard and destruction build. I'll probably use that up to 70, then after I get some more gear and approach 11k hp unbuffed, I'll go 0/21/40. Anyway, it's like the exact opposite between my shaman and warlock in hellfire peninsula. I used to be cursing how tough stuff is on my shaman (largely because they're nerfed, but also because I have shitty gear on mine) but with my lock in full nemesis and other bwl/aq epics, I seriously send the felguard in and then 2 shot stuff with shadowbolts, regardless what mob it is.

Anyway, I personally feel like regardless of class balance, blizzard should do a massive talent/class revamp for everyone again. Shamans IMO deserve like 2-3 more abilities at the least, as do pallies, and really blizzard's talent system needs to be done so that all the must-have abilities for every class are basic class spells, so talents can do what they were supposed to do and give you options to differentiate, not cookie cutter builds for each tree.

fallout

border said:
Why would any warrior have to wear leather? There's more than enough DPS/PVP plate out there....
He's just found the itemization to be better. Honestly, it's the same reason why I wear cloth when I'm healing as a Shaman. Better +healing, better spell crit, better mp5, better int. Sure, if I find a better mail piece, I'll take it, but when you stop caring about AC, there are a lot of options out there. Of course, I wouldn't wear it in PvP, but for raiding or 5-mans, it's great.

Nikashi

Banned
If anyone was thinking of rolling BE because of the trial expansion, or just rolling a new Horde character in general, please do so on Deathwing if you can, be nice to have more people to play with that I know :)

or if u are EU Ahn'Qiraj. Cud always use more people on here :p

Anyway this is how Karazhan is atm for us.

Clear Attunmen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera and Curator on wednesday. Spend the next few dies trying to kill Aran usually without success (we've killed him a few times) Get bored of wiping around 10 times a night on him. Go kill the prince in 1 or 2 tries.

Aran is a ****ing nightmare.

fallout

You know, I truly hate the first boss of Arc. Everything else is cake, but that ****ing thing is a pain. And I'm not even talking about the black pools of death. I'm talking about the shadowbolts, knockbacks and seed of corruption that absolutely rape your DPS. God, that shit is hard to heal through as a shaman.

Ashodin

Downed High King Maulgar again tonight!

22126.jpg

(that's not me btw, but I look similar)

HAMMER OF THE NAARU BABY

Hammer of the Naaru
Binds when picked up Two-Hand Mace
321 - 483 Damage Speed 3.60

(111.7 damage per second)
+25 Strength
+35 Stamina
+32 Intellect
Red Socket
Red Socket
Blue Socket
Socket Bonus: +4 Intellect
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 70
Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 27.

Zalasta

Even though I rarely care about how things look, but that is a rather unimpressive design of the mace.

fallout said:
He's just found the itemization to be better. Honestly, it's the same reason why I wear cloth when I'm healing as a Shaman. Better +healing, better spell crit, better mp5, better int. Sure, if I find a better mail piece, I'll take it, but when you stop caring about AC, there are a lot of options out there. Of course, I wouldn't wear it in PvP, but for raiding or 5-mans, it's great.

Call me stubborn, but if I have to wear gears not designed for my class in order to do my job, then I'm not really good at what I'm doing. Maybe it's not the best attitude, but frankly, I still heal better and have more +healing then many people who try to compensate by wearing cloths and leather. I mean cloth-wearers have no other choices but what is available to them, and they get by fine, or maybe that's exactly why their gears are so much better designed than others.

border

fallout said:
He's just found the itemization to be better.
That seems odd......you don't have to link his profile if he doesn't want it up anywhere (he probably gets crap as it is), but what is some of the stuff he's wearing?

Meier

Anyone able to post some strategies for an early Warlock? I'm giving my first caster a shot and would love some suggestions on spec, etc. early on.

yacobod

Banned
Zalasta said:
Even though I rarely care about how things look, but that is a rather unimpressive design of the mace.

if you think thats bad, i'm pretty disappointed with how Thunder looks, i crafted it this weekend for my warrior, its such a small unassuming weapon, but it hits like mack truck, now i gotta run some heroics and gather 12 primal nethers so i can craft Deep Thunder, but i'm happy with the weapon, i think out of the 3 BOP epic weaponsmith items, its the best one

and i'd like to add my 2 cents to the warrior wearing leather thing, i used to wear 2 pieces of leather on my warrior in PVE, there was a pair of gloves out of AQ40 with plus hit and nice stats, and i wore a leather epic chest out of naxx that had nice stats, but i never wore them in pvp, as i had better pvp gear, but for pve the combination of stats and %hit was better for DW pve, so i can buy that

i would still laugh at him for wearing leather items in pvp tho

Meier said:
Anyone able to post some strategies for an early Warlock? I'm giving my first caster a shot and would love some suggestions on spec, etc. early on.
They're really easy to use.. just start the toon and try him out.. You can start buying any shadow gear you can get your hands on I guess. Also do herbalism if you plan on getting your epic mount later in the game. Depending on your realm the ghost mushrooms will be a pain in the ass to find on the AH or really expensive... much quicker getting the mount if you can gather the shrooms yourself.

Meier

I was planning on doing herbalism and mining to make some cash, so that works. Totally forgot about the free mount.. score!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom