• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Sick of this. Icecrown down again. Every day since the 16 hours maintenance the server has had constant lag, crashes, resets, queues, you name it. I've lost hours upon hours. Words can't even describe my frustration.

Would be nice if Blizzard had an ETA on the character transfers.

Oh and goody, a battlegrounds preview! Something that was promised for the end of beta and is still months away. Something that was one of my most anticipated aspects of the game and now will come out by the time I've probably stopped playing.

BLARGH

I THOUGHT WOW ROCKED MRCHEEZE! COME ON! WOW BLIZZaRD DO NO WRONG FAITH IN BLIZZARD! BALANCE ROX~ BLIZZARD BALANCXES FAIIIIIIR

Hey, im addicated too, but I TOTALLY saw all of this shit coming.

SyNapSe

MrCheez said:
Sick of this. Icecrown down again. Every day since the 16 hours maintenance the server has had constant lag, crashes, resets, queues, you name it. I've lost hours upon hours. Words can't even describe my frustration.

Yeah, that has to be the worst "maitenance" ever. I'd like to know wtf "maitenance" involves. I kinda think of maitenance as defragmenting or reindexing Oracle. 16 hours is one hell of a long time, and then they come up working with 3 times as much lag as before. Why would they not just take them back down and put everything back to the original settings?

I wonder if they were trying to see if they could force more people into the current # of servers.

MrCheez

MrAngryFace said:
I THOUGHT WOW ROCKED MRCHEEZE! COME ON! WOW BLIZZaRD DO NO WRONG FAITH IN BLIZZARD! BALANCE ROX~ BLIZZARD BALANCXES FAIIIIIIR

Hey, im addicated too, but I TOTALLY saw all of this shit coming.

The game still does rock. My hats off to Blizzard's DESIGNERS.

It's the rest of the company I currently have a problem with. And I was never one of the ones worshipping them - I just really love their damn game. But with all the current bullshit going on, I can't even play it.

I kinda wish I had done monthly instead of three month plan, as there is no way I would have renewed this month.

Such bullshit. And it's hilarious, because in addition to all the problems I had with the game while it was in beta, not a single one resolved, the servers have all gone to shit.

firex

Meier said:
Heh, yeah I am fairly close to my Onyxia key being done.. but I seriously doubt even the Horde one is longer than this. I dunno why the quest listing on Alla ends when it does, but it leads to a step called Azsharite then is still longer. Apparently the final mob in the chain crits for upwards of 1600 too. Ouch.
the horde gets that quest chain too, though we just talk to the fallen hero of the horde to start it. but yeah, the horde onyxia key quest is super long.

MrAngryFace said:
Btw Gilneas remains invincible.

So does Mal'Ganis. I laugh at all you jokers who jumped ship during the initial 3-day server downtime to some other server. It's been up ever since, with a relatively low amount of lag and I have yet to wait in a queue to login.

Catzgirl

Son of Godzilla said:
Oh, and several weeks they will preview the honor system... which is a part of the battlegrounds... so much for this coming anytime soon.

Pfft, the "honor system" - I'll believe it when I see it. The gankers will never stop.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Catzgirl said:
Pfft, the "honor system" - I'll believe it when I see it. The gankers will never stop.

The gankers definitely slow down when you're on a mount. When you're walking in a place like Booty Bay, though, forget about it.

firex said:
upgraded some equipment, yay. the necklace is from mauradon, everything else was either good warrior or shaman/druid/priest drops like some crazy 1h mace that has a proc of restoring 50 mana and 35ish dps.
http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?15878

Maraudan is amazing as far as drops go. Hunters can get a gun from the goblin, bracers from princess, gloves from giant, a head from the plant, and pants from the satyr. Tons of stuff for everyone really.

Casters can get decent shoulders from the alligator, boots from the plant, and a 50 dps wand from the poison elemental. Although that poison elemental is such a huge pain in the ass... I think theres a belt from satyr too.

Oh, and of course the ganking will never cease. It's just that honor system is the new blizzard speak for SOME SORT OF BENEFIT FOR PVP, WHICH IS AT THE MOMENT THE MOST POINTLESSLY DULL THING EVER.

firex

yeah, mauradon is nice for drops, though I hate the place as far as design goes (though I guess it's easier now that I have the wand to teleport to the Princess area). I want to get the wand from the elemental, because not only is it 50 dps, it has +5 stamina too, so it's great for warlocks. we killed almost all of the nameds in there and celebras dropped a decent cloak (one of our warriors got it), the goblin dropped that gun (we had no hunter, so the other warrior got it), and the mace I already mentioned went to our shaman (our lone healer and she kicked ass at it). that elite croc dropped godlike rogue leather boots (+20 agi, +something stamina) and I know the named plant can drop some sweet stuff (he dropped really good druid pants once, and another time he dropped some other awesome item).
It's highly farmable and filled with good stuff for every class, so it's like the perfect run-up to sunken temple.

Really sweet preview, but man it sucks that it doesn't even look like it's on the horizon.

Oh well, not like my 25 warlock can do much in a BG at this point.

*runs to powerlevel*

firex

Son of Godzilla said:
Oh, and of course the ganking will never cease. It's just that honor system is the new blizzard speak for SOME SORT OF BENEFIT FOR PVP, WHICH IS AT THE MOMENT THE MOST POINTLESSLY DULL THING EVER.
this is another reason why I got tired of the pvp server in beta and I'm not playing on one in retail. I do like fighting other players, but there's nothing to accomplish by it right now. it's a nice break from doing all the upper level instances, but yeah, it just gets dull after awhile.

AntoneM

I've got two quick questions before I buy WoW...

1. For those of you living on campus, how does that game play, is there lag and such?

2. What is the gameplay like, can I use my mouse to point to spot, click it anf then my charatcer goes to that spot? same with enemies? or will I have to use the keyboard to move around?

if the answers are: No lag, and yes it's point and click, I'll be a happy man and WoW will have gained a new subscriber.

max_cool said:
I've got two quick questions before I buy WoW...

1. For those of you living on campus, how does that game play, is there lag and such?

Blizzard has had some server problems this week. So yes, right now there is some lag and disconnects. Some servers are worse than others. If you haven't already found a copy you might have a hard time unless you want to dump $80 for it on ebay. They've stopped shipping copies to stores until the server problems are totally resolved.

2. What is the gameplay like, can I use my mouse to point to spot, click it anf then my charatcer goes to that spot? same with enemies? or will I have to use the keyboard to move around?

Yes, you can set it to point and click... But I can't figure out why you would want to. Unless your goal is to gimp the control of your character, and die a lot.

AntoneM

Cerebral Palsy said:
Blizzard has had some server problems this week. So yes, right now there is some lag and disconnects. Some servers are worse than others. If you haven't already found a copy you might have a hard time unless you want to dump $80 for it on ebay. They've stopped shipping copies to stores until the server problems are totally resolved.

Yes, you can set it to point and click... But I can't figure out why you would want to. Unless your goal is to gimp the control of your character, and die a lot.

things to ponder. I only ask about the lag becuase I know my Uni. has some ports throttled and basically Iwas wondering if the game uses those ports (7777 for instince). The reason I wonder about the control is that I really like the control in Lineage 2, it alows you to keep one hand free to easily switch between weapon/spells and such from the shortcut menu, I hated FF XI's controls, it was the reason I quit playing that game. ... oh and Amazon has it in stock for $50.

nataku

Anyone else been able to access the WoW forums since early yesterday? Every time I go there I get an error.

Wish I could access them. My FPS has been absolute shit ever since I did BRD yesterday. No idea what happened, but it won't go over 10fps anymore, no matter where I am or what I'm doing.

Bregor

nataku said:
Anyone else been able to access the WoW forums since early yesterday? Every time I go there I get an error.

Wish I could access them. My FPS has been absolute shit ever since I did BRD yesterday. No idea what happened, but it won't go over 10fps anymore, no matter where I am or what I'm doing.

I can get on the official forums just fine.

MrCheez

So I had my most hilarious pvp-experience with my priest last night.

We went to attack Astranaar in Ashenvale. I would sneak up behind a building from the water, and mind control flagged players standing by the flight path npc. INSTANTLY all of the hyppogryphs would spawn and rape the player, then I'd just jump back in the water to lose aggro. :lol

Sure it was evil... but they deserved it for being dirty Alliance players. :eek:

SyNapSe

MrCheez said:

We went to attack Astranaar in Ashenvale. I would sneak up behind a building from the water, and mind control flagged players standing by the flight path npc. INSTANTLY all of the hyppogryphs would spawn and rape the player, then I'd just jump back in the water to lose aggro. :lol

Sure it was evil... but they deserved it for being dirty Alliance players. :eek:

:lol

Yeah, mind control is going to get a nerf and fast. It's funny but it's so easy to grief with it. I hate it when a Priest is on the rooftops in Gadgetzan. :(

firex

MrCheez said:

hahahaha, that plus throwing people off the chain in blackrock mountain, or off the cliff at the great lift in thousand needles (and so on for other instant death falls) is why I'm trying to learn gnomish engineering on my warlock and get the mind control helm.

I really hope mind control doesn't get a nerf because it's the only really fun dynamic of priests from what I've seen.

firex

god, this is ridiculous lag. me and a guildie are in stranglethorn vale and when I summon a pet or he calls his pet, we go through all the bullshit (mana costs or anything like that) and they don't appear at all.

SaitoH

My gear at level 48 is taking a turn for the worse ...

emporersnewclothes7ob.jpg

[edit] I'm running at 1280 x 1024 ... how come that shot looks like crap? o_O;;

Since we have a plethora of folks here and I'm sure many are using COSMOS, how the hell do you assign keystrokes to the extra bars?

I hate mousing....

:)

One more thing since we have Rogue out the ass here: At lvl30-35 what's a few good daggers/swords to be looking out for? I'm going for speed here.

Right now I have a Deadly Kris (AGL/STR) and a Jade Serpentblade.

krypt0nian said:
Since we have a plethora of folks here and I'm sure many are using COSMOS, how the hell do you assign keystrokes to the extra bars?

I hate mousing....

I'm not sure, but what I do know is... CTMod owns Cosmos.

krypt0nian said:
One more thing since we have Rogue out the ass here: At lvl30-35 what's a few good daggers/swords to be looking out for? I'm going for speed here.

Are you horde or alliance? If alliance... You could get the Black Menace (29.7dps dagger) and the Hypnotic Blade out of Scarlet Monestary.The Black Menace being an alliance only quest, and the Hypnotic Blade being a common drop off of Docan in the SM Library. If you're horde substitute the Black Menace for the Sword of Omen (29.7dps one-hand sword), which is also a quest in the Cathedral part of SM. At 30 you could get the Swinetusk Shank (23dps dagger) out of RFK, but you won't be using it long if you frequent SM. Beyond that... I had a horrible 29.something dps dagger and the Thrash Blade until level 58. I'm pretty sure there are some decent dagger drops in Maraudon now to cover that level range. Now I'm using the Bonescraper (40.7 dps dagger) mainhand, and Dal'Rend's Tribal Guardian (41.4 offhand only sword). I need myself a Deathstriker =(

Meier

Cerebral Palsy said:
Sigh... Right as we start our BRS run and reach Rend... Servers are shutdown for 30 min :(

I need my Deathstriker Blizz... Come on :(

Our last 10 rend kills have resulted in like 7 Eye of Rends, 7 Battleborn Vambraces, 6 Spiked Pauldrons :\

Meier said:
Our last 10 rend kills have resulted in like 7 Eye of Rends, 7 Battleborn Vambraces, 6 Spiked Pauldrons :\

Basically the same here. We've got a couple sets of his swords also. We did get one Doomsaw to drop though.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
max_cool said:
The reason I wonder about the control is that I really like the control in Lineage 2, it alows you to keep one hand free to easily switch between weapon/spells and such from the shortcut menu, I hated FF XI's controls, it was the reason I quit playing that game.
Just an FYI...you can control your character with the mouse without clicking....sorta.

Hold both buttons and run forward...move mouse to steer.

On my mouse I have an extra button which defaulted to autorun. SO I can turn on autorun then steer with the right mouse button held.

Point is...there are lots of ways to control your character.

Oh, and not once did I wait in line to get on my server since day 1.

Never had I had any bad lag other than A) IF when AH is busy, ... or B) A Huge PvP battle. And even then it was minimal.

Some servers are just severely borked.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Key bindings, exactly where you'd think it'd be.

'cept after trying everything it still doesn't work. Where is the sidebar binding section, etc?

Why do people reply with zero info and all attitude? Just like on the WoW boards.

B-net kiddies... =\

firex

I think you can set it up to do stuff like use keys from your second hotkey bar, etc in key bindings. That will work with the extra bars of mods like cosmos and ctmod, because all they actually do is put hotkey bars 2 and 3 on top of bar 1.

MrCheez

No ETA on when the servers will come back up thanks to an unforeseen problems.........

When will this end.

Tortfeasor

I had enough... Quit and uninstalled. Between not being able to play, being able to play with lag hiccups and getting booted, and the queues... I have had enough.

Time to go play the 10 games I have neglected while playing WOW.

Meier

Meier said:

Think my guild has killed him a total of about 30 times now and only had 2 of his Swords drop.. few of the polearms. No Deathstriker's at all on Cenarius at all that I know of (Afterlife has of course killed him at least 40 times since they have that many Onyxia keys.. and there's another powerful guild called The Sundering who has killed him at least a solid 20 times too.

I got my Onyxia key tonight ^_^

BlackMage

Banned
Mr Pockets said:
Just an FYI...you can control your character with the mouse without clicking....sorta.

Hold both buttons and run forward...move mouse to steer.

On my mouse I have an extra button which defaulted to autorun. SO I can turn on autorun then steer with the right mouse button held.

Point is...there are lots of ways to control your character.

Oh, and not once did I wait in line to get on my server since day 1.

Never had I had any bad lag other than A) IF when AH is busy, ... or B) A Huge PvP battle. And even then it was minimal.

Some servers are just severely borked.

Yeah, FFXI servers are stable. The problem is the actual game is a piece of shit.. a stable piece of shit, though. I'll give you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom