• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikse

Loser gnome rogues trying to gank a lowly lvl 25 -.-

loserrogues.jpg

Still didnt kill me though :lol

<3 Sacrifice

nataku

Alex said:
Stupid WoW boards login has been down for two days, annoying.

Yeah it is. They really should make the WoW forums just normal, vBulletin forums. Get rid of the crappy custom ones they use now. Solve a lot of headaches. The ones they use now are too buggy.

You'd lose the ability to post as your character but honestly, that little feature isn't worth it if it means the forums will be unstable and buggy. Not to mention having them down every time the servers are down really sucks. They probably enjoy it though... they won't have to listen to a bunch of complaining.

ManaByte

nataku said:
Yeah it is. They really should make the WoW forums just normal, vBulletin forums. Get rid of the crappy custom ones they use now. Solve a lot of headaches. The ones they use now are too buggy.

You'd lose the ability to post as your character but honestly, that little feature isn't worth it if it means the forums will be unstable and buggy. Not to mention having them down every time the servers are down really sucks. They probably enjoy it though... they won't have to listen to a bunch of complaining.

Actually, they should've used Lithium and you'd still be able to post as your character (it just would've required a little more work). Nintendo.com, PlayStation.com, and all the SOE games use Lithium and they're fantastic forums. Probably the best forum software I've ever seen.

ManaByte

Alex said:
Nintendo has a forum system? Holy shit, that must be terrifying.

Yes, it is. Makes the IGN Boards look like heaven in comparison. But, they do use Lithium so they are awesome boards. Lithium has EVERYTHING you could possibly ever want in a forum system and you can customize it in so many ways.

nataku

ManaByte said:
Actually, they should've used Lithium and you'd still be able to post as your character (it just would've required a little more work). Nintendo.com, PlayStation.com, and all the SOE games use Lithium and they're fantastic forums. Probably the best forum software I've ever seen.

Ah... didn't know that.

Either way, they should ditch what they use now.

ManaByte

Just bought this on the AH:
wowscrnshot0313051505226wq.jpg

My engineering isn't high enough to use it yet, but I couldn't pass up a 26 Stamina 16 Int head item.

ManaByte

Anyone play on Illidan? I just rolled a Tauren Shaman on there as I managed to track down some old SWG friends (and a former boss of mine) there through one of the census sites.

Scyn

Ikse said:
Why doesnt it just say +26 Stamina?

The reason it doesn't have just +26stm is because when you make the item it comes with the standard +10 and then you can choose two more +16 i think, so they added INT and stm...they're customizable when you make them, which is why they're so good but only useable with engineering

firex

You can't really choose two more, it's randomly generated like a lot of other items that use wildvine are. But yeah, that's why it doesn't say +26 stamina.

firex

Read a little about the supposed "free" epic mount for warlocks/paladins... not only do we not know if it's free (which I highly doubt it will be) there are far more pressing issues, so all the bitchers can go to hell over the locks. Shit, any other class can pvp effectively and get to rank 11 and buy an epic mount for 90g if it bothers you that much.

I personally hope it requires buying a mount from your own race and collecting some items to do a demonic sacrifice thing to make it into a demonic version of your race's mount (even for the gnomes). Mostly because my orc looks absolutely retarded on the felsteed.

ManaByte

firex said:
I personally hope it requires buying a mount from your own race and collecting some items to do a demonic sacrifice thing to make it into a demonic version of your race's mount (even for the gnomes). Mostly because my orc looks absolutely retarded on the felsteed.

Especially when the entire Orc clips through the mount if you jump.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ManaByte said:
Just bought this on the AH:
wowscrnshot0313051505226wq.jpg

My engineering isn't high enough to use it yet, but I couldn't pass up a 26 Stamina 16 Int head item.
I carry two Green Lenses with me everywhere.

I have the "of Stamina" which is +35 Sta, and "of Shadow Wrath" which is +10 Stam, +20 Shadow Spell Damage

firex

Son of Godzilla said:
It's funny, because the high lvl locks I know all loathe instances and prefer pvp.
I guess they like the insane challenge due to being a broken class, cause god knows I hate pvping people around my level. If people just ignored me then I'd be great in pvp (well not really, but I could actually get a kill when it isn't a straggler), but whenever I pvp on my lock he's the first target (probably because they're such an easy kill) and all the chain stuns and other shit from the 5 million night elf rogues named after some naruto character just add up to no fun when it's like a full minute + a shard to recover if I'm using the succubus instead of the imp.

Not that I really like big raids, but at least in 5-10 man groups it's relatively ok.

ManaByte

firex said:
and all the chain stuns and other shit from the 5 million night elf rogues named after some naruto character just add up to no fun

If it isn't a Naruto character, it's a DBZ character.

I got my mount!

/dance /dance /dance

Question: in the "Key Bindings" section, I accidentally assigned a key to an action button. I'd like to set it back to "Not Bound," so there's no letter on it ... how do I do this?

ManaByte

Illidan is fucked. Die, no corpse. Run back to graveyard, no spirit healer to res. Stuck as a ghost. People in General Chat are complaining about NPCs and mobs vanishing.

Edit...and CRASH.

nataku

Yeah. Run away from Illidan. :lol

I'd move if they offered server transfers. Sitting at Lv60 tho it's hard to just up and leave, especially with 31 Scholo runs under my belt (and still haven't even seen the freaking beaststalker cap drop!). It's gonna drop soon, I know it! =|

Might even be more than 31... I've lost track.

Alex

You're fucked no matter where you go. We've been hitting pings of over 900 tonight on our low pop, it's one of the brand new ones to boot.

ManaByte

Alex said:
You're fucked no matter where you go. We've been hitting pings of over 900 tonight on our low pop, it's one of the brand new ones to boot.

I went back to my Troll Rogue on Darkspear and it's running OK.

firex

JackFrost2012 said:
I've seen those shoulders before, they RULE, good job!
Yeah, I like the look and stats on the set. I now have half of it and arguably the hardest/rarest parts (the 3 boe parts and the shoulders which drop off a really fucking annoying to get to named). What I need now are the mask (drops off the darkmaster in scholomance with every other blue-quality 8-piece set's headgear), the robe (general drakkisath in ubrs drops the chest for every set), the pants (baron rivendare drops every set's pants) and the boots (the annoying as hell banshee in stratholme drops this, but she is required to kill to open the way to the baron so she isn't something to be skipped).

dave is ok

aztek is ok
firex said:
Yeah, I like the look and stats on the set. I now have half of it and arguably the hardest/rarest parts (the 3 boe parts and the shoulders which drop off a really fucking annoying to get to named). What I need now are the mask (drops off the darkmaster in scholomance with every other blue-quality 8-piece set's headgear), the robe (general drakkisath in ubrs drops the chest for every set), the pants (baron rivendare drops every set's pants) and the boots (the annoying as hell banshee in stratholme drops this, but she is required to kill to open the way to the baron so she isn't something to be skipped).
Congrats, I was on a General run last night, and the robe dropped. Some stupid level 58 outrolled me on it 32 to 26. I did Stratholme right after and got the pants, as it stands now, I have the wraps and the pants. Arguably the two easiest pieces to get.

I want that mantle, but no one ever wants to go through that hellish room. Jandice is easy, but they put her in a room with the three most annoying mobs in the game.

Ikse

How do warlocks fare against mages? Can felhunter's dispel anything Mage throws on? (Mana shield, Pyro, Nova, Poly etc) ?

I'm struggling to find a definitive list of the Felhunter's abilities :/

nataku

Zaptruder said:
With the hunter nerf confirmed with no recourse...

this leaves 8 out of 9 advertised classes for play. 7 for each side.

:(

Based on early screens from the test server I thought that they upped damage to compensate for the quiver fix but it seems like they ninja fixed the ammo DPS display instead to make it LOOK like they upped our damage. :(

Some people say Hunters are taking an 8-16% DPS hit. 8% if you're using all your damage shots, 16% if it's only auto shot. I haven't worked out the numbers myself though...

Combine that with the instance caps... this patch is going to be rough on Hunters. :(

Dracos

Finally did my 1st Molten Core run last night, as a 60 rogue. AOE was a pain on me, but good healers means I died very little. Those damn Core Hounds are just foolish. With most of the tanks' armor damaged due to super fast hound respawns, and 2 very stupid wipes right at Lucifron, we called it a day and will resume on Wed. this week. Back to lvling my 3rd character now, my 27 mage.

ManaByte said:
I went back to my Troll Rogue on Darkspear and it's running OK.

hey...you're on darkspear too?

i got quite a few alts on darkspear....i act like a major dick on that server tho on purpose....its funny as hell.

i got a troll and 2 taurens....just made my druid tauren the other night.....geezus,i never knew there wasn't any cool down on Entangle....that shit is CHEAP!!!!

firex said:
rogues named after some naruto character just add up to no fun

:lol

funny....my rogue is named after a naruto shinobi....but he is with the HORDE!!! so you must love him

firex

Ikse said:
How do warlocks fare against mages? Can felhunter's dispel anything Mage throws on? (Mana shield, Pyro, Nova, Poly etc) ?

I'm struggling to find a definitive list of the Felhunter's abilities :/
Yeah, devour magic can eat polymorph, or any of the mage's defensive abilities/buffs. But mages can pretty easily counter you if they're arcane, cause improved counterspell silences you and then they just go rape your pet. I tend to use the imp or succubus when pvping cause you can just use seduction and fear as a spell interrupt instead of spell lock (which really pisses me off anyway, it's a way shittier version of counterspell on the worst pet).

The best way to fight a mage IMO is to try throwing a curse on them and see if they dispel it (if they don't, they're an idiot, so you can just curse of tongues them) and DOT them up and sic your pet on them while you nuke with searing pain. As long as you've gotten a lot of eagle/stamina gear and demonic embrace you can nuke them down before they kill you, though it's a lot easier for them to win by just going arcane/fire and doing POM arcane power pyroblast.

The worst fights are druids, rogues, priests of any kind, fury warriors and shamans. They are all pretty easily stacked against you. Druids will just dispel curse and stack HOTs, and if they're really smart, will just entangle, get out of fear range and heal themselves. Rogues will just sap you and kill your pet if they have any idea what they're doing, but even if they have no fucking clue all they have to do is stun/interrupt you to death and then cry like whiny bitches if you actually manage to cast fear on them. Shamans are a toss-up; if you can pull them out of totem range (I can almost never do that because I'm horde so I duel them) you can generally screw them over with the succubus, fear and drain mana. but at the same time I rocked the hell out of warlocks on my shaman in beta because I'd just camp around my totems, or if I was low on hp, ghost wolf away and heal myself to outlast their DOTs. I specifically mentioned fury warriors because they charge, go berserker stance and use berserker rage, and all of a sudden you are screwed because you can't fear them, they'll pummel you if you try to cast it (if they know what they're doing, and I'd say most warriors do learn what they're doing) and cut you down quickly in melee + keep you there with piercing howl or switch back to battle stance and hamstring you.

Group pvp is a fucking snoozefest where you sit in the back, and maybe occasionally kill a straggler, but don't get to have nearly as much fun as you would playing a pally/shaman/rogue/hunter/mage. At least in my experience as 3 of those 5 (shaman/hunter/mage) and judging by the fun all the pallies and rogues must have. Though at least I am an asset on raids vs towns because I keep the guards from running so we don't get more adds (which honestly do more to turn the tide of a fight against guild groups when we raid than the alliance players do).

ManaByte

Saw this on WoW Vault tonight.

It explains why all you get are cut & paste responses on the official forums; they're busy giving the real information to Fires of Heaven:
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14095&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Tigole made two posts there:
We figured out what was causing her to go beneath the world. It should only be occurring when you wipe out. The fix for this is live on the Test Realm right now, awaiting a patch to the public realms.

Also, the Onyxia speed hack should also be fixed in that same build (unfortunately, we couldn't stop her from farming feathers for gold in Azshara though).

I'll try to update you on the knockaway bug status later today.

Apologies for these bugs. I know how frustrating they are.

Regarding Onyxia/Molten Core loot, the main thing to remember is that the loot table changes are not coming in this patch. Luckily, the next patch will follow much quicker than the current one on test (the delays in patching frustrated us as much as you, if you can believe that). So t here will be a delay before MC/Onyxia loot completely catches up to the Kazzak/Azuregos stuff.

MC/Onyxia loot should be on par if not better than some of the Azuregos/Kazzak stuff once the patch-after-next hits the live servers.

Also, you guys will be happy to know that Blackwing Lair is coming along nicely and is being tuned and tested internally now. So there's more instanced raid content on the way, although I don't have an ETA on Blackwing just yet...

Naturally, the official forums are pissed that they get useless cut and paste responses while FoH gets real information:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=1958444&P=1

Alex

I'm hardly surprised on any front anymore. Great game, worst service imagineable.

The server issues, lag and what not are what keep my FFXI account active. If this shit ever hits me, I doubt I'll be too patient or forgiving.

ManaByte

Oh, did anyone see The Screen Savers today? The two Kevins were DEFENDING the gold farmers, and Kevin Rose said that he bought Lineage II money online.

Alex

What were their grounds for the defense? And admiting to playing Lineage 2 should be grounds for dismisal. :p

100% of the people who are affected by the raid bugs post on the FoH boards. It's not just a guild board, it's pretty much the board where all the big-time guilds in EQ and now WoW meet to give each other rimjobs. The official boards are for the wannabes who think they are actually raiders, but do Stratholme with 20 players. It's also pretty bad for them to throw up this stink. Now Tigole is never going to post on the FoH boards again. He certainly is not going to give information to the unwashed masses over on the Official Blizzard forums. After all, who wants to talk to people who do Stratholme with 20 players, and call themselves raiders...

Don't give me the crap about preferential treatment for guildmates. I played in EQ with a guild that has such a pipeline to developers. The only thing we get out of the deal is a pipeline to tell the devs about bugs. There's your response in advance Manabyte.

Bregor

Sirpopopop said:
100% of the people who are affected by the raid bugs post on the FoH boards. It's not just a guild board, it's pretty much the board where all the big-time guilds in EQ and now WoW meet to give each other rimjobs. The official boards are for the wannabes who think they are actually raiders, but do Stratholme with 20 players. It's also pretty bad for them to throw up this stink. Now Tigole is never going to post on the FoH boards again. He certainly is not going to give information to the unwashed masses over on the Official Blizzard forums. After all, who wants to talk to people who do Stratholme with 20 players, and call themselves raiders...

I frown on any attempt to call one group wannabes and another group the real thing. All WoW players deserve a fair deal.

However, I still think it was good and proper for him to post on this guild board. The Official board is so full of whiners, flamers, and impatient children that will never be satisfied that it's signal / noise ratio has dropped to essentially zero.

Korranator

Saw this on WoW Vault tonight.

It explains why all you get are cut & paste responses on the official forums; they're busy giving the real information to Fires of Heaven:
Just wow...

He certainly is not going to give information to the unwashed masses over on the Official Blizzard forums. After all, who wants to talk to people who do Stratholme with 20 players, and call themselves raiders...
Or how about 15 players doing BRS, and using the leave group trick to complete quests. uggg....

Alex

While I am not citing it as an overly big deal, I still don't really approve of it. I wouldn't reprimand the guy in any form, but I do believe information gathered and worked with should be posted in some incantation on the official site before this situation rears it's ugly head.

Obviously the focused raiding guilds provide a service to the developers, and should be made aware, but I think the overreaction is due to the very poor quality of WoW's current state of welfare and commincation. Not that I justify it, not with this community at least, but I see where some folks are coming from.

That said, I agree to some extent with the raid cheese you mention. I've never been much more than casual in minds to raiding, although I'm glad to see the limitations and whatnot put into place to preserve the very point of these dungeons. Still, I think refering to outsiders (exaggerations aside) and lesser raiders as "unwashed masses" is pretty ignorant, and well, comedicly ironic if taken literally. :p

I fucking hate "raid"ing the big three, not counting upper. I hate upper, but for entirely different reasons. Scholo is the only place it's even close to justified, and that's just because it's a genuine hellhole to drudge through for shitty shitty drops.

Also, this game is disgusting in how much it forces you to baby priests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom