• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaptruder

Banned
nataku said:
About damn time. Finally got my Beaststalker's Cap after over 35 runs of not even seeing it drop.

About damn time.

About damn time? I'm about to lose 25% of my base DPS... !!!

haha. Glad I'm not playing my account right now :p

Zaptruder said:
About damn time? I'm about to lose 25% of my base DPS... !!!

haha. Glad I'm not playing my account right now :p

Eh, if you're talking about the Hunter changes... You aren't losing 25% of your dps. You're losing about 20 points off your dps total. Damage you were never intended to have. Not really that drastic of a change.

p.s. And fuck the Beastalkers cap. We get it on practically every single Scholo run.

Zaptruder

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
Eh, if you're talking about the Hunter changes... You aren't losing 25% of your dps. You're losing about 20 points off your dps total. Damage you were never intended to have. Not really that drastic of a change.

p.s. And fuck the Beastalkers cap. We get it on practically every single Scholo run.

25% for me; 13% from the base doubling, and 12% from the quiver/pouch stacking trick.

it's a change to quiver/overall bow speed, so yes it's a % change. I'm not even sure what a 20 point change is supposed to mean.

Also, seeing as our DPS isn't all that great to begin with, and that they've reduced our DPS before (bow DPS) with this bug around... well they're making a relatively weak class (not without merits) weaker again.

If they say the DPS wasn't balanced with this bug the first time around; then the only conclusion is that the class wasn't really balanced at all; as evidence by our relatively marked inferiority in any role (pulling, DPS, or as any sort of utility)

Cerebral Palsy said:

Wheee, because something that's been documented for what, almost an entire year = unintentional.

Sorry no. Sweeping strikes was never intended to work with special abilities, but now it does. AP Buffs were intended to work on ranged dps, but now they don't. Kiss my ass about intended.

Bregor

Zaptruder said:
Also, seeing as our DPS isn't all that great to begin with, and that they've reduced our DPS before (bow DPS) with this bug around... well they're making a relatively weak class (not without merits) weaker again.

Low DPS? Weak class? Are you sure you are talking about Hunters? Hunters are one of the best classes in the game, quite possibly the best solo class available.

firex

Son of Godzilla said:
Wheee, because something that's been documented for what, almost an entire year = unintentional.

Sorry no. Sweeping strikes was never intended to work with special abilities, but now it does. AP Buffs were intended to work on ranged dps, but now they don't. Kiss my ass about intended.
One good thing I noticed about this... attack power debuffs don't debuff ranged attack power unless it specifically says so. So while battle shout doesn't buff your attack power, demo shout doesn't debuff it.

firex

I got the patch already downloaded and installed, holy crap.

btw, I posted this on the suggestions forum about what I really think should be done to "fix" warlocks in the endgame, because with the way aggro works in this game you really can't buff warlock DOTs without giving the class some spell like the priest's fade, or else we'll pull aggro constantly just doing what we're intended to do. It's basically to remove the DOT spells we have (they are honestly pretty weak compared to a lot of other classes' DOTs) and give us some arcane, shadow and fire nukes so we have more variety and aren't so limited in the upper level instances and raid areas. I got some retarded responses already (what with it being the Blizzard forums) but basically, I think the warlock class is going to have to be majorly rebuilt like paladins were.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-suggestions&t=166673&p=1&tmp=1#post166673

firex said:
One good thing I noticed about this... attack power debuffs don't debuff ranged attack power unless it specifically says so. So while battle shout doesn't buff your attack power, demo shout doesn't debuff it.

Yea, I use shrink ray with impunity now :p

What class are you comparing hunter to when you say best? I mean, there's only 9 so it's pretty damn easy for all of them to be considered one of the best. Top 10 material, at least. What the hell does soloing have to do with this game? I've got 30 days played and I doubt I've soloed for half of one. We make great mineral node whores! Whoo/@?@!

Also, even if we were just losing 20 dps off our base output, that's fucking 1/6th of mine and I'm almost fully decked out in gear. Keep in mind this isn't some bullshit AP nerf, this is a weapon speed nerf, meaning it affects everyonnoeneoneoneone.

The fact that a fight has to last for two minutes before I come close to pulling aggro = low dps.

Ok, truth be told, I don't give a shit about this bug. I won't notice it, because half the time I'm asleep when playing anyways. Yay I'll have to sit at range and plunk arrows for a few more seconds now. I don't give a shit. What I do care about is that not a single fucking thing about the class was adressed in the single patch we've had in 3 months. Also, everything that's been put in since retail has adversly affected the class. (That first patch back in december bugged FD, nerfed traps, nerfed entrapment. Then the wonderful "solution" to people exploiting the most goddamn irritaing bug ever.) There has not been a single goddamn good thing to happen to the hunter, no pet buffs, no talent changes (Yay for basically being forced to take 21 Marksmanship, not that it matters, you can't not take MM), we've still got to buy all our ammo and food (Everyone can now repair mid-raid, but we're still fucked on that. It's as if Blizz doesn't recognize that hunters fucking exist), waste a bag slot on a quiver, and now put up with this bullshit fix to something not a single person who's played/seen/scrolled over on character creation thought was overpowering in the first place.

My big thought of the day: Whatever. I myself don't really care. Don't you dare get on someone's ass for complaining about it though.

nataku

Bregor said:
Low DPS? Weak class? Are you sure you are talking about Hunters? Hunters are one of the best classes in the game, quite possibly the best solo class available.

Being a great solo class doesn't mean jack at Lv60.

Son of Godzilla said:
Yea, I use shrink ray with impunity now :p

What class are you comparing hunter to when you say best? I mean, there's only 9 so it's pretty damn easy for all of them to be considered one of the best. Top 10 material, at least. What the hell does soloing have to do with this game? I've got 30 days played and I doubt I've soloed for half of one. We make great mineral node whores! Whoo/@?@!

Also, even if we were just losing 20 dps off our base output, that's fucking 1/6th of mine and I'm almost fully decked out in gear. Keep in mind this isn't some bullshit AP nerf, this is a weapon speed nerf, meaning it affects everyonnoeneoneoneone.

The fact that a fight has to last for two minutes before I come close to pulling aggro = low dps.

Ok, truth be told, I don't give a shit about this bug. I won't notice it, because half the time I'm asleep when playing anyways. Yay I'll have to sit at range and plunk arrows for a few more seconds now. I don't give a shit. What I do care about is that not a single fucking thing about the class was adressed in the single patch we've had in 3 months. Also, everything that's been put in since retail has adversly affected the class. (That first patch back in december bugged FD, nerfed traps, nerfed entrapment. Then the wonderful "solution" to people exploiting the most goddamn irritaing bug ever.) There has not been a single goddamn good thing to happen to the hunter, no pet buffs, no talent changes (Yay for basically being forced to take 21 Marksmanship, not that it matters, you can't not take MM), we've still got to buy all our ammo and food (Everyone can now repair mid-raid, but we're still fucked on that. It's as if Blizz doesn't recognize that hunters fucking exist), waste a bag slot on a quiver, and now put up with this bullshit fix to something not a single person who's played/seen/scrolled over on character creation thought was overpowering in the first place.

My big thought of the day: Whatever. I myself don't really care. Don't you dare get on someone's ass for complaining about it though.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts completely. The biggest problem with all this is that our DPS was adjusted around this bug. I mean if they're gonna fix the bug our DPS should've been re-adjusted as well.

Ikse

firex said:
I got the patch already downloaded and installed, holy crap.

btw, I posted this on the suggestions forum about what I really think should be done to "fix" warlocks in the endgame, because with the way aggro works in this game you really can't buff warlock DOTs without giving the class some spell like the priest's fade, or else we'll pull aggro constantly just doing what we're intended to do. It's basically to remove the DOT spells we have (they are honestly pretty weak compared to a lot of other classes' DOTs) and give us some arcane, shadow and fire nukes so we have more variety and aren't so limited in the upper level instances and raid areas. I got some retarded responses already (what with it being the Blizzard forums) but basically, I think the warlock class is going to have to be majorly rebuilt like paladins were.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-suggestions&t=166673&p=1&tmp=1#post166673

I like how the lvl 12 Warlock replies stating he disagrees and goes on to say Warlock's have the highest dps and does he rarely lose agro from his VW
:lol

nataku

Oh bah, servers are still down? Are they supposed to be up by now? I don't remember how long they extended the time... forgot to look.

AeroGod

They say servers are going ot be down for 6 hours starting at 5am PST I think. Which means they will be done with their stuff in 6 hours, and they will all be back up in 7 and a half hours :/. Its always like this. Ohh well I cant play untill later tonight anyways.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wonderful, Blizzard can't even patch right
Both my brother and I are stuck at 99%
And of course I can't login to the forum at worldofwarcraft.com

Blizzard is really starting to show they suck and have no clue what they are doing.

EDIT:
Actually.. they have been doing that for months now :lol

EDIT 2:
I guess I just had to complain on GAF, it finished after sitting there at 99% for an hour :lol

Suikoguy said:
Wonderful, Blizzard can't even patch right
Both my brother and I are stuck at 99%
And of course I can't login to the forum at worldofwarcraft.com

Blizzard is really starting to show they suck and have no clue what they are doing.

EDIT:
Actually.. they have been doing that for months now :lol

EDIT 2:
I guess I just had to complain on GAF, it finished after sitting there at 99% for an hour :lol

I got stuck at 98%. As did my friends. If you close the Blizzard Downloader, and then restart it by logging into WoW, the patch will finish downloading.

gayzors.......Cosmos needs to update quick cause i NEED IT!

also...it seems meeting stones dont do nothing except act as a stone for people to meet at.

at least thats what the one at RFC does..

chat bubbles rule...pso style.

peace

nataku

Created a toon on a different server just to mess around with stuff while I wait for Illidan to come back up and I jump in the water only to have my entire screen turn blue. :(

Turned off full screen glow and everything was fine though... gonna miss that glow. Time to upgrade I guess. :(

ManaByte

Goodbye WoW. Blizzard doesn't seem to realize that some ISPs BLOCK BitTorrent, which makes it not possible for some people to patch.

Account closed.

How many times are you going to say you've closed your account, Manabyte?

Time to rape Durnholde Keep for all its lockpicking goodness.

"gayzors.......Cosmos needs to update quick cause i NEED IT!

also...it seems meeting stones dont do nothing except act as a stone for people to meet at."

The only need I have for Cosmos is the rogue helper now.

ManaByte

Teknopathetic said:
How many times are you going to say you've closed your account, Manabyte?

Time to rape Durnholde Keep for all its lockpicking goodness.

Well seeing as how it's NOT POSSIBLE for me to play without getting the patch and it's NOT POSSIBLE for me to get the patch via BitTorrent, I don't see why I should continue to pay for a game I can't play.

ManaByte

Teknopathetic said:
Yeah, but you said you closed your account a handful of days ago. *cough* Just saying.

Ok, so I should continue to pay for a game that is impossible for me to play because it's not possible for me to get a patch that the game requires to run?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
First I was stuck at Authenticicating for 30 mins, next my server Cenarius is down again.. why do I continue to play this game.

Please EQ2, fix solo content so I have somewhere stable to play on my days off and frequent updates and communication to boot.

Suikoguy

Teknopathetic said:
Are you even reading what you're quoting or are you making up dialogue in your own head?

Perhaps he said he was going to cancel, but still had time left so he continued to play cause he could?

BTW, check fileplanet, they used to put the patches on there

ManaByte

Suikoguy said:
Perhaps he said he was going to cancel, but still had time left so he continued to play cause he could?

BTW, check fileplanet, they used to put the patches on there

Exactly, and now I can't play because they don't want people downloading a 60 meg file from their servers.

Korranator

WTF, already a rogue bug/nerf has been revealed. Now when an mob dodges one your skills you loose the combo points. : (

This slow ass bit torrent shit sucks ass.

firex

Wow, are all the servers as fucked up as Kilrogg just was? It took me like a half hour to log in and then when I got in, it lagged so badly that I couldn't actually do anything. I even tried logging off and nothing happened, so I just alt-F4ed out of the game (which probably didn't save my interface settings, but oh well).

nataku

Yeah all the servers seem to be fucked right now. Probably won't be playing today at all. =|

WoW website and forums are fucked, too. Can't access them at all to see what the hell is going on.

Shadax

Banned
ManaByte said:
Ok, so I should continue to pay for a game that is impossible for me to play because it's not possible for me to get a patch that the game requires to run?

Your ISP blocks BitTorrent? Which ISP is this?

Trasher

Just got a server alert that says all servers have been taken down because a bug was found on the patch that disconnects people from servers and will not let them back on. Now we have to wait for another patch or something?!?!

Mashing

Ya'll really should cut them some slack. Yes I am dissapointed that I can't play right now while I continue to pay them each month, but I also realize that it must take MASSIVE MASSIVE resources to accomdate the amount of players WoW currently has and there are always going to be problems.

I work in IT... NOTHING GOES AS PLANNED.

Alex

I don't personally have a big problem with the wait time, but for folks on the servers that crash every night during prime time, I think citing Blizzard's currently handling of things as incompetent would fit the bill fairly well.

Blizzard's live team control of WoW leaves a lot to be desried. I'm sure the upkeep is a bitch, but with that many more players comes that much more revenue. They don't deserve the extreme flak the forum kiddies lay on them, but I think taking this long to solve such key problems shows just how woefully unprepared they were for the trapings of running an MMO; and as such are worthy of criticism.

Tamanon

Banned
I guess I'm lucky, the two servers I play on, Bronzebeard and Gilneas never have server troubles. Gilneas is amazingly good actually.

Mashing

I guess that is fair Alex. I play on Aggramar (Medium-occasionally High pop server) and it has been a pretty smooth server for the most part (I hear some people have login queues but I've never even SEEN what a login queue looks like). I really don't think Blizzard could have anticipated the popularity WoW would have. I also know for experience that hardware upgrades take TIME even though you have all the money in the world it still doesn't speed up the process of installation/testing/deployment.

Suikoguy

so much for me playing tonight... :(

How long should it take though, the game has been out for MONTHS

What's up with losing combo points on a dodge and block now? Nice silent nerf there, Bliz...

No idea, but it sounds like it better be a bug.

Another thing, what on earth was the week for testing on the test server?

Alex

This PvP server is turning me into an asshole. Seriously, I had such a bright demeanor when I made a character here, but although I've had it easier with the Horde population slant, Hillsbrad alone has turned my perogative to all alliance; kill on sight.

Not to generalize too harshly though, I have to say the typical Alliance kiddie sucks at PvP, and sucks hard. We were doing even team matches outside of Tarren Mill last night, Horde 25-30's and Alliance 40-45's and we were fucking smoking them, it was nightmarishly sad.

Also, protip learned from Ashenvale PvP: Priests can Manaburn through a Paladins immunity shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom