• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xabora

If you use the official blizzard downloader and install the WoTLK client it carries almost all patches right up to 3.1.x iirc.

Oh and rumor.
Patch Tomorrow and Wednesday for EU.

https://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=10222325625
Sprackys said:
French Version
Les mises à jour sont triées par ordre, il vous faut trouver toutes les mises à jour jusqu'en version 3.1.3... et 3.2 à partir de mercredi prochain.

Translation
Updates are sorted based on their release date, you have to find all the updates up to patch 3.1.3 ... and 3.2 after next wednesday.

Tamanon said:
I'll probably be stopping my subscription this month, especially since Champions Online open beta is in a couple weeks. Then I'll decide if I'll do Aion(got a new graphics card so it actually runs decent now) or Champs. Leaning towards Champions. Will be back with the expansion for WoW at least though.
I'll prolly pick up Champions Online as a Sub MMO to play alongside WoW.

Xabora said:
If you use the official blizzard downloader and install the WoTLK client it carries almost all patches right up to 3.1.x iirc.

Oh and rumor.
Patch Tomorrow and Wednesday for EU.

I'll prolly pick up Champions Online as a Sub MMO to play alongside WoW.
Yep I just installed WotLK and I'm installing everything from 3.0.1 to 3.1.x

Its killing me.. I think there are about 10+ patches in between.. :lol

EDIT: And I of course join right when a new patch hits.. Amazing timing there ! =[

Xabora

TurtleSnatcher said:
EDIT: And I of course join right when a new patch hits.. Amazing timing there ! =[
You're lucky.
I joined in classic during Dec 2004.. right as the 3+ month content patch drought hit.

EDIT:
This is a safe site for snagging patches on release day
http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/

I've used it since classic.

Thanks for the site.

(Okay Blizzard really upped there game or something)

After 3.0.8 they introduced that new patch client and its 5000x better/faster.

Weenerz

Banned
Fuck, finally replaced my Jawbone with Lotrafen, Spear of the Damned. 4 weeks of no melee weapons in Ulduar 10 or 25.

Got a Sif's Promise too, lucky night I guess.

Xabora

Weenerz said:
Fuck, finally replaced my Jawbone with Lotrafen, Spear of the Damned. 4 weeks of no melee weapons in Ulduar 10 or 25.

Got a Sif's Promise too, lucky night I guess.
I'm still running around with my Naxx 25 shoulders because auryia wont drop my shoulders.
And I need Sif's Promise. :(

Regular maintenance tomorrow, so I dont think the patch is coming till maybe next week (if we're to believe the blue post on wow-french forums).

Xabora

Tamanon said:
Wow.com is claiming that they have it confirmed that 3.2 is tomorrow after all.

*crosses raid day off calendar*
They're claiming its from an inside source at blizzard going by their lingo.

Sooo, prepare the bomb shelters. Servers will be crashing for about a week.

Loxley

I was just reading wow.com's guide to patch 3.2, and I completely forgot that turning off XP gain negates XP from both PvP and PvE. Which, in turn, also made me realize that this could definitely appease people who have been wanting "classic servers". Just get to 60, pay the ten gold, then partay like it's 2006 beotch.

I could imagine that actually being pretty fun with a group of friends or guild-mates, but would never consider doing it on my own.

At any rate, I just parked all three of my 20-something alts in front of their respective mount trainers. Wee.

Chris R

Loxley said:
I was just reading wow.com's guide to patch 3.2, and I completely forgot that turning off XP gain negates XP from both PvP and PvE. Which, in turn, also made me realize that this could definitely appease people who have been wanting "classic servers". Just get to 60, pay the ten gold, then partay like it's 2006 beotch.

I could imagine that actually being pretty fun with a group of friends or guild-mates, but would never consider doing it on my own.

At any rate, I just parked all three of my 20-something alts in front of their respective mount trainers. Wee.
Only problem is half the fun of a "classic" server would be using "classic" talents and gear. As it stands now, you could go to outlands at 58 or whatever and get kick ass gear, before even going into MC (lol MC gear was soooooo bad). I would be interested in playing on a "progression" type server, similar to EQ (have to kill Rag/Ony to unlock BWL (would cause the game to update talents to the BWL patch ect)).

I'm interested to see what happens to twinks. The queues for those low level BGs are already super long. I think they will get even longer if you make twinks fight only twinks. Also, will twinks really want to fight only twinks like they like to say on the forums? I think they'll get tired of not having people to faceroll real quick.

VaLiancY

I should have paid attention to the Shaman patch notes a little bit more.

Earth Shock: Redesigned. This spell no longer interrupts spell casting, but rather reduces melee attack speed by 10% for 8 seconds (exclusive with similar effects such as Thunder Clap).

cryspideycrye.gif

Chris R

Oni Link 666 said:
I'm interested to see what happens to twinks. The queues for those low level BGs are already super long. I think they will get even longer if you make twinks fight only twinks. Also, will twinks really want to fight only twinks like they like to say on the forums? I think they'll get tired of not having people to faceroll real quick.
exactly :lol They only like the power they have over the average player, I mean who wouldn't love to do 1k damage before level 20, 1 shotting nearly everything :lol

firex

rhfb said:
Only problem is half the fun of a "classic" server would be using "classic" talents and gear. As it stands now, you could go to outlands at 58 or whatever and get kick ass gear, before even going into MC (lol MC gear was soooooo bad). I would be interested in playing on a "progression" type server, similar to EQ (have to kill Rag/Ony to unlock BWL (would cause the game to update talents to the BWL patch ect)).
Something like that could be cool but obviously would need to be introduced a year or two further down the line at the earliest, and even then Blizzard kind of agrees with most people who say the old classic content sucked badly. I miss some of the more unique fights, but the reason they remain unique is they are strictly built around having 40 people and way more tanks/heals/dps than normal.

Hero

Orbitcube said:
http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/ 4 lyfe!

FAKEDIT: Well, they don't have 3.2.0 up, but whatever. They will soon. Hopefully.

EDIT: Actually they totally just added it right after I edited that last part in.

Two questions:

Is this site legit? Don't want any spyware or other stupid stuff.

What part should I download exactly? Preload Parts 1 and 2? 3.1.3 to 3.2.0 Patcher FINAL PART? Or just the 3.1.3 to 3.2.0 Patcher that's 397.51 MB?

Kyoufu

Hero said:
Two questions:

Is this site legit? Don't want any spyware or other stupid stuff.

What part should I download exactly? Preload Parts 1 and 2? 3.1.3 to 3.2.0 Patcher FINAL PART? Or just the 3.1.3 to 3.2.0 Patcher that's 397.51 MB?

Site is legit yes. Download the file titled COMPLETE and then run the BNU.exe to apply to the patch. Just did so myself, can't wait!

Lumine

Oh cool, 3.2 perhaps tomorrow?

Oh does that mean I should be spending all my emblems today? Aren't all emblems going to be replaced by conquest ones? Meaning my valor/heroic badges will be gone after the patch or will the vendors for those still be around?

Interfectum

Lumine said:
Oh cool, 3.2 perhaps tomorrow?

Oh does that mean I should be spending all my emblems today? Aren't all emblems going to be replaced by conquest ones? Meaning my valor/heroic badges will be gone after the patch or will the vendors for those still be around?

I believe patch day is today. And no, you don't need to spend your emblems. You can convert conquest badges to valor (and valor to heroic) and the vendors are still there.

While I'm happy that patch 3.2 is out, today is my first raid into Naxx with my guild.

(spent my whole weekend outfitting my boomkin by running heroics and spending most of my money).

Prolly no raid tonight, I'll be surprised if my server stays up.

Sraza

Neo Member
TurtleSnatcher said:

If the patch is today it will help our leveling.

Snippets from the notes that is relevant.

# Journeyman Riding (Skill 150): Can now be learned at level 40 for 50 gold. Mail will be sent to players who reach level 40 directing them back to the riding trainer.
# Expert Riding (Skill 225): Can now be learned at level 60 for 600 gold from trainers in Honor Hold or Thrallmar. Faction discounts now apply (Honor Hold for Alliance; Thrallmar for Horde). Flight speed at this skill level has been increased to 150% of run speed, up from 60%.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Can someone from the US realms correct me but it's only one boss in Trial of the Crusader, right? Trying to plan the raids for this week and I seem to have caught up that there will be one new boss per week for the 4 coming weeks, but I can't find any links that backs this up.

kinoki said:
Can someone from the US realms correct me but it's only one boss in Trial of the Crusader, right? Trying to plan the raids for this week and I seem to have caught up that there will be one new boss per week for the 4 coming weeks, but I can't find any links that backs this up.
I think that's what was said when the raid was first talked about. I guess it'll probably still be that way when the patch goes live.

VAIL

Patched and ready to go (on the laptop anyway)

I read the notes, a lot of changes and I like more than I dislike.

Kyoufu

I'm going to level a Rogue alt when 3.2 goes live. I'm currently level 16 atm. Any idea how long it will take to get to Outlands by leveling on my own? I've only ever leveled with RAF. Going to use Jame's horde leveling guide addon hoping it'll speed up the process.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tried running the patch and it insists I can't patch because I'm on "patch 0.2.0.xx"

I don't get it.

EDIT:

Problem solved; If you are running Vista and get error:

This update requires "WoW.exe" version 3.1.3.9947. You have an older version, 0.2.0.10147.

You need to run either the Launcher or the Update itself (if you downloaded from a mirror) as Administrator. It's preventing file overwrite if you don't.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gloomfire said:
Someone post the patch notes when they go up for those of us at work.
The "official" ones are not yet up.

I know everyone's hot to trot to "pre-download" whenever Blizzard let's patch data come up, but I invariably skip it :lol It's faster to just d/l the whole thing from the mirror for me.

Weenerz

Banned
Kyoufu said:
I'm going to level a Rogue alt when 3.2 goes live. I'm currently level 16 atm. Any idea how long it will take to get to Outlands by leveling on my own? I've only ever leveled with RAF. Going to use Jame's horde leveling guide addon hoping it'll speed up the process.

Get the BoA stuff, it helps a TON. I picked up the shoulders and 2 daggers, threw fiery on them and stuff dies pretty much instantly. Also with 3.2 if you're a champion of all 5 cities with the Argent Tournament, you can buy the BoA chest which gives another 10% hp, that stacks with the shoulders. I think it costs 60 champion seals, which isn't very difficult to obtain.

After you hit level 30 or so, change the weapon enchant from fiery to dual crusader, the healing helps a lot more than the extra 40 dmg.

Angry Grimace

Weenerz said:
Get the BoA stuff, it helps a TON. I picked up the shoulders and 2 daggers, threw fiery on them and stuff dies pretty much instantly. Also with 3.2 if you're a champion of all 5 cities with the Argent Tournament, you can buy the BoA chest which gives another 10% hp, that stacks with the shoulders. I think it costs 60 champion seals, which isn't very difficult to obtain.

After you hit level 30 or so, change the weapon enchant from fiery to dual crusader, the healing helps a lot more than the extra 40 dmg.
From what I can tell you can get the chestpieces from the Heirloom vendor for badges too.

ACE 1991

Hmmm... I'm considering jumping back into this game. I got a DK to 80 when wrath released, but the game lost my interest after I hit the level cap. Patch 3.2 looks really cool, and I'm wondering if WoW if the changes made since wrath's release have made the game more fun? Also, are their still a plethora of 80 dk's running around?

EDIT: If I play again, It'll be in mostly pvp. I don't have time to raid these days.

Kyoufu

Weenerz said:

I got the sword and dagger BoAs, plus shoulders. I read that the BoA chest is also obtainable via 40 x Emblem of Heroism, I hope that is the case because I haven't done any of the argent crap :p

I'll do Crusader definitely, the healing sounds like a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom