• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Macattk15 said:
Isn't Iron bound the 25 man one? You guys dropped Yogg-3 already? Or is One Light In The Darkness not part of the meta? I haven't really looked.

We've got Yogg, Vezax, Mimiron and Freya left for the drake. I think we'll clear all but Freya easily. Freya is the tough one :(

Xabora

funkmastergeneral said:
If you made such an awesome mod Xabora, why would you keep it to yourself? I'd like to try it.
Its still highly incomeplete. (Most of the features are hardcoded, and I still need to implement a hook for the options)
Plus, I have not had a chance to test it in a raid zone.
The modded addon has only existed for little over a day now.

Xabora said:
Its still highly incomeplete. (Most of the features are hardcoded, and I still need to implement a hook for the options)
Plus, I have not had a chance to test it in a raid zone.
The modded addon has only existed for little over a day now.

Xab, you're on Undermine? Does you're guild need any classes? I'm thinking rolling Ally, which I know you are, so I figured I'd atleast see if I could somehow help yer guild out.

Xabora said:
To quote a warlock in my guild: "The addon you modded, boosted my dps from 1800 to 2700."

*evil laugh*

Now to have the Uldaur geared locks test it.
Note the warlock that tested it originally was in a mix of blues and some naxx epics.
Must have been a damn bad warlock.

Xabora

StormyTheRabbit said:
Xab, you're on Undermine? Does you're guild need any classes? I'm thinking rolling Ally, which I know you are, so I figured I'd atleast see if I could somehow help yer guild out.
Elemental shammy atm.
http://www.masshysteriaguild.com/
However, if your skilled at a class your good at. There is a decent chance to get in, but expect to fight for a raid spot.

DarkAngelYuna said:
Must have been a damn bad warlock.
Nah, he used to play the lock during classic. Started again once we needed some more locks. His main was/is a pally.
(Considering we only had 1 actual full time lock)

Xabora said:
Elemental shammy atm.
http://www.masshysteriaguild.com/
However, if your skilled at a class your good at. There is a decent chance to get in, but expect to fight for a raid spot.

ALrighty. Well I main a DK so I'm not even going to both trying to raid with them anymore, too many of them. :lol

I was thinking of rolling a Shammy anyways. I'll probably get on tonight or tomrrow. I'll pst ya when I do.

Xabora

StormyTheRabbit said:
ALrighty. Well I main a DK so I'm not even going to both trying to raid with them anymore, too many of them. :lol

I was thinking of rolling a Shammy anyways. I'll probably get on tonight or tomrrow. I'll pst ya when I do.
Excellent.

Just an FYI: The Majority of Undermine's DKs are Terribad.
I'm not kidding. :(

PS: See your PM

Tamanon

Banned
I am shocked that a class that starts at 55, looks badass and facerolls from 55-79 would produce a hefty amount of people who blow at 80.

Tamanon said:
I am shocked that a class that starts at 55, looks badass and facerolls from 55-79 would produce a hefty amount of people who blow at 80.

Well because its when you hit 80 where you must learn to use all of your abilities. Whether its PVP or PVE, you must know how to use you're toon. DK's are a class where people just want a free mount, easy access to Outland, etc.

Not many take the time to learn the class.

Its not even like its hard. They just want their professor plums.

StormyTheRabbit said:
Well because its when you hit 80 where you must learn to use all of your abilities. Whether its PVP or PVE, you must know how to use you're toon. DK's are a class where people just want a free mount, easy access to Outland, etc.

Not many take the time to learn the class.

Its not even like its hard. They just want their professor plums.

Your sarcasm detector is broken. Might wanna look into that.

profit

Just got my druid to 70, duall specced resto and ready to kick some ass in healing!
Only problem is I suck at it...
Any resto druids that can give me some pointers/advice?

Seeds

Before I start playing, are there some must have addons?

I'm asking because I like to keep my games as clean as possible, e.i, I don't like adding stuff to games unless it's made by the developer.

Kyoufu

Seeds said:

I'm asking because I like to keep my games as clean as possible, e.i, I don't like adding stuff to games unless it's made by the developer.

Carbonite is the only must-have add-on for leveling.

Interfectum

Seeds said:

Quest helper and cartographer. That's really all you need to get you started.

Magnus

18/30 Fragments. At least the things have started dropping again.

I don't think we'll ever get the majority of the 25m hard modes; people are already starting to miss a raid here and there and/or lose interest in Ulduar, and can't blame 'em -- it's been 3 and a half months.

I'll be happy if we complete the 10m Glory meta, for which we only have Mimi and Yogg to go.

Magnus said:

I don't think we'll ever get the majority of the 25m hard modes; people are already starting to miss a raid here and there and/or lose interest in Ulduar, and can't blame 'em -- it's been 3 and a half months.

I'll be happy if we complete the 10m Glory meta, for which we only have Mimi and Yogg to go.

We've been in Ulduar 25 for a month and still can't even get past the Keepers =/ What sucks is I think it's a dps problem, on Ignis last night there were only 2 dps doing over 5k. And it's not even a gear problem, it's a fail problem.

border

Kyoufu said:
Carbonite is the only must-have add-on for leveling.
Carbonite and Quest Helper mods seem like an awful idea for someone that is playing the game for the first time. You oughtta enjoy it for a bit before you just start trying to blast through everything. Plus you meet people as you're learning where to go and how to do stuff. If some mod is telling you exactly how to play and where to go, then you remain rather isolated.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Magnus said:

Atleast you've begun to count down now. After I got my 15th vacations hit and we were unable to down Yogg for 2½ weeks with no fragments dropping from any boss. 29th hopefully tomorrow when we kill Yogg again.

And I managed to finnish off Yogg+1 last night and thus granting 6 of us our mounts (after some dwarf farming.) Mimiron isn't so hard if you're peeps are focused and Yogg is so simple it's a joke. The normal 25-man is harder than Yogg+1 on 10-man. We used 4 melee in the brain (enhance, retribution, combat and feral) and got the brain to 33% on the very first phase.

Pro tip: when grouping up in Ph3 (when everyone is stressed like hell) group up diagonally from the boss, like in the northwest corner of the room. So you don't go with right infront of him or on the right of him. Gaah, my english is failing me, need coffee. But I hope you get what I'm saying. The adds spawn to his north, south, east, and west and positioning yourself diagonally makes it easier for tanks to pick the adds up and make it less likely a poor healer will get one-shotted.

Kyoufu

border said:
Carbonite and Quest Helper mods seem like an awful idea for someone that is playing the game for the first time. You oughtta enjoy it for a bit before you just start trying to blast through everything. Plus you meet people as you're learning where to go and how to do stuff. If some mod is telling you exactly how to play and where to go, then you remain rather isolated.

Not really. I quit the game the first time back in vanilla because questing was a pain in the ass because I had to keep looking up thottbot. I ended up grinding most of my levels before quitting.

Get carbonite.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Damn I bid 150g on something yesterday and it's not in the bid log. I didn't get the item and I don't have the money returned to me.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Magnus said:
Thanks for the tips, Kinoki. And you're 28/30 right now? Grats! You should be getting it soon! :)

Hopefully next sunday. :)

I've been having a real hard time wrapping my brain (no pun intended) around why Yogg10+1 is easier than Yogg25+4. It doesn't make any sense. Yogg10+0 doesn't seem that hard either after having chatted with some elite friends of mine.

Next up Algalon10. Should be a challange. Raid set up for tuesday. Hopefully we'll get a really well balanced group.

If you want to plow through the content and reach 80 has fast as possible, get questhelper/lightheaded/any helpful quest addon. I will say that your enjoyment of the game may be ruined because everything will be presented to you. The sense of discovery that mmo's bring will be gone.

I used quest addons when I first played through the game and I completely regretted it. Sure I reached endgame (BC days) in about a month and half, but I had no idea what the game was about. I ended up getting burnt out and quit the game for about a year because I reached endgame and realized it was just an instance grindfest.

My guild just got its first yogg-25 kill the other night. We've had so many attendance issues and what not. Seems like we have 4-5 new people each attempt or not enough. Thankfully it should get easier now that everyone is on the same page.

Xabora

Deputy Moonman said:
My guild just got its first yogg-25 kill the other night.
Grats!
Deputy Moonman said:
We've had so many attendance issues and what not. Seems like we have 4-5 new people each attempt or not enough. Thankfully it should get easier now that everyone is on the same page.
Thats good. But attendance issues sucks for yogg. :(

We've been working on our priests Val'aynr for the 2nd week now (2 1/2 nights of attempts). It seems without Hodir's ice block to save them the ranged dps incompetence is starting to show. So many people getting aced to eye beams plus half of our melee group seems to just do whatever in the brain phases instead of sticking to their assigned side >_>

I definitely think the guild is capable, but it seems like a huge jump as a group seeing as we've only done XT hard mode on Heroic (only a Mimiron and Vezak away from my Rusted :D). I've been lobbying hard to start Iron Council hard mode, both to get my coveted Mutilate dagger and to also to put us ahead of the race to big boy mode Algalon, since that seems like the next natural step.

border

Masta_Killah said:
If you want to plow through the content and reach 80 has fast as possible, get questhelper/lightheaded/any helpful quest addon. I will say that your enjoyment of the game may be ruined because everything will be presented to you. The sense of discovery that mmo's bring will be gone.
Yes, this. If it's your first time in WoW, or your first MMO.....don't use the quest mods like Carbonite. Definitely don't use them if it's your first MMO. Just install something like CTMapMod that will show you coordinates on your map so you can find something if you ABSOLUTELY MUST look it up on Thottbot or WoWHead.

Otherwise, just play it vanilla and if you get to level 20 or 30 and are getting sick of finding stuff then you can install the quest addons. Those first beginning quests you don't really need an addon anyway.

I think it's like the difference between taking taxis in GTA4 and just navigating the city on your own. The taxis might be quicker and more efficient, but if you use them you'll never really familiarize yourself with this lush, well-constructed world.....you just end up rushing from checkpoint to checkpoint, never discovering or exploring anything.

firex

a friend and I (and some people from his guild) decided to go for the heroic meta achievement today and we got like 2/3 of it wiped out. Just have to finish oculus's crap, and the rest is easy.

kinoki

Manick Joe said:
We've been working on our priests Val'aynr for the 2nd week now (2 1/2 nights of attempts). It seems without Hodir's ice block to save them the ranged dps incompetence is starting to show. So many people getting aced to eye beams plus half of our melee group seems to just do whatever in the brain phases instead of sticking to their assigned side >_>

I definitely think the guild is capable, but it seems like a huge jump as a group seeing as we've only done XT hard mode on Heroic (only a Mimiron and Vezak away from my Rusted :D). I've been lobbying hard to start Iron Council hard mode, both to get my coveted Mutilate dagger and to also to put us ahead of the race to big boy mode Algalon, since that seems like the next natural step.

That's something that scares me. People's incompetence. Like the people who can't dodge shadow crashes or rockets. I don't think people get that the green beams are insta-kill. Will require alot more work from rogues, etc to keep interupting adds in Ph1.

Vezax is easy. Use a holy paladin and disc priest for healers and a dk tank. Tank picks up both adds at which point the paladin bubbles and uses Hand of Sacrifice together with one of those awesome dk-cooldowns. The tank literally takes no damage tanking both and you have 7 dps who needs to be doing about 800k damage, which takes no time. Also, make the pally pop Aura Mastery with the Shadow Resistence Aura to mitigate a whole lot of shadow damage.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
What's a good DPS monitoring addon? I'm not a hardcore raider, but sometimes I'll be in a party or dungeon and wonder what the DPS rankings are for the group.

kinoki

VaLiancY said:
Fuck Feral, I'm leveling as Balance. :D

If 3.2 hits next week you'll level as feral. :p

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Man I really love this game, I'm so not getting all the hate it gets. Playing a Rogue is so damn fun. I kind of wish I would have rolled horde though, as I read there are more older players on that side. It always seems like I'm playing with people much younger than me.

firex said:
a friend and I (and some people from his guild) decided to go for the heroic meta achievement today and we got like 2/3 of it wiped out. Just have to finish oculus's crap, and the rest is easy.

Did you get "Less-rabi" done? I have a group of friends that have only that left, have been trying for weeks, and still can't get it.

firex

nah, that's the only gundrak one we have left. Even with 2 shamans and me (pally tank) it's going to be rough but it looks like we're adding in a DK. it was bullshit though. we nearly had it and then didn't, and could have reset but all the dots killed him before we could wipe/reset.

At this point I have to finish all the oculus ones except amber void, but at least we got Zombiefest and most of the other annoying ones. Shit, we even did Share the Love with just 1 tank (me) by having one shaman tank it with frost shock and me meleeing it without righteous fury up, until I got impaled.

kinoki

Kyoufu said:
What are they doing to feral in 3.2? (aside from nerfing it)

New models for kitties and bears. You know the shapes that has been talked about for months that most people forgot about and will prolly go "oh, I already thought that was implemented."

And in other news, Yogg was one-shotted with 23 people and I got my 29th fragment. Which doesn't exactly lower my hopes of getting a new shiny mace next week when we'll have 3 people back from long afks.

Kyoufu

kinoki said:
New models for kitties and bears. You know the shapes that has been talked about for months that most people forgot about and will prolly go "oh, I already thought that was implemented."

Disappointed. Thought there was going to be some radical addition for feral to make me want to level it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom