• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

AHHHHHH, When will the servers go back up?! We paid for this and cannot even play it the second day it has been out...

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Thanks nataku :) Nice job!

Jupiter, I'll add you to my buddy list on Icecrown and maybe we can meet up :)

SyNapSe

nataku said:
Dunno what server to go to now... only decided to play on PvP server (Mal'Ganis) because I thought a bunch of GAF people would be going there. Don't really feel like going all out PvP without any people from GAF backing me up. :p

I'm feeling the same way. I think Battlefields sound more fun than gankfest PvP anyway. I just got home and I definately can't connect to Mal'Ganis. I can make a new character on a mountain timezone server though. :( I may move to some of the less congested servers if this doesn't clear up soon.

nataku

SyNapSe said:
I'm feeling the same way. I think Battlefields sound more fun than gankfest PvP anyway. I just got home and I definately can't connect to Mal'Ganis. I can make a new character on a mountain timezone server though. :( I may move to some of the less congested servers if this doesn't clear up soon.

What is your character name? Putting together that list made me realize there were more GAF people on Mal'Ganis than I thought. If this clears up in a couple days I'll probably stay.

I'll probably create a Horde alt on... some other server, to play when the wait on Mal'Ganis becomes too much. Don't know where yet. Might go PvE for that one or something.

Is anyone on right now? I haven't been able to log in for 2 hours now. This is ridiculous.

The Eastern servers seem to be down and their pulling West Coast ones for maintenance!?!

W..T..F..

SyNapSe

nataku said:
What is your character name? Putting together that list made me realize there were more GAF people on Mal'Ganis than I thought. If this clears up in a couple days I'll probably stay.

I'm playing as Sylfizius on Mal'Ganis. I thought I'd mess around with an alt on Icecrown... start up a Tauren Warrior.. never tried either race nor class. I run out.. kill one plainstrider. 3 minutes of lag looting AND i still have only picked up one of the 4 items. Then the server shutting down in 5 minutes comes up. I couldn't even log out :lol It ran all the way down to 0 and booted me. :\

Ferrio

Banned
Ya this is pretty bad. What scares me is it isn't net lag, least I don't think. Seems like it's the servers themselves that are choking bad.

Server: FrostWolf (Pacific) PvP
Name: Tellen
Race: Night Elf
Class: 12 Rogue
Professsion. 70 Herbalism/50~ Alchemy

Ramirez

Yea my server is fubar again,this time all of the NPCs dissapeared on me,but I must say it was the smoothest the game has ever ran for me :lol

Great game though,can't wait til they get all of this ironed out :)

SyNapSe

Ferrio said:
Ya this is pretty bad. What scares me is it isn't net lag, least I don't think. Seems like it's the servers themselves that are choking bad.

It's the EXACT problems they had in Open Beta. First, there was crazy loot lag in the early zones. You can still do everything else in the game (include having a mob kill you), it's just waiting for the database to process your items. It was obviously a database issue.. they put in queue's and people slowly filtered through the low levels and the problems dicipated towards the end of Open Beta.

This login problem was another one they had. Where you can't retrieve your character list even. It didn't happen often though.

Kweh

Think they'll have 100 servers up by the weekend? :)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=23215&p=1&tmp=1#post23215

Hi all,

We wanted to let you know that we are bringing up 16 new servers in the Eastern and Central time zones. They should be up in just a few minutes.

Central
Normal -- Thunderhorn
Normal -- Malygos
Normal -- Aggramar

PvP -- Burning Legion
PvP -- Thunderlord
PvP -- Laughing Skull

Eastern
Normal -- Llane
Normal -- Kargath
Normal -- Eonar
Normal -- Gilneas

PvP –- Black Tooth Grin
PvP -- Eredar
PvP -- Gorefiend
PvP -- Burning Blade
PvP -- Shadow Moon

RP -- Earthen Ring

hXc_thugg

I seem to recall Blizzard making announcements in OB that they were stressing the servers on purpose and not to worry about launch. It seemed suspicious at the time, and I figured they were just fucking lying out their asses so people wouldn't wait to buy the game at launch.

I guess I was right!

Mjunter

Lets hope these new servers make the guys who are less than a few lvls old leave the old servers. I'm not budging having played the same lvls twice already.

TheDuce22

Banned
Are there seperate servers for items and npcs? Maybe thats the problem, its odd when my ping always stays in the green and I can move around with my character when everything else is stuck.

You know why this is happening? Because Blizzard made the mistake of releasing on Thanksgiving holidays, as opposed to original Nov. 16 estimate. If they had released last week, this would be a non-issue today.

Let's just estimate that 400,000 bought the game today and yesterday. What percentage of those people have today, tomorrow, and Friday off?

Blizzard should have been prepared to face 200,000+ trying to log on at the same time over these holi'days'.

Needless to say, not a smart move Bliz.

From Caydiem:

Realm Restarts and Nude Characters | 11/24/2004 3:14:37 PM PST

We are about to restart the North American realms. When your server comes back up, your character will appear naked on the character selection screen. Please do not panic. Your character's equipment is just fine and will be there when you log into the game.

This is not a permanent change, but the realms may operate this way for a few days. Thank you for bearing with us in the meantime.

[ post edited by Caydiem ]
- Caydiem -
Assistant Community Manager

Server: Bleeding Hollow (PvP East)
Name: Skoron
Race: Orc
Class: 9 Shaman

I'm shopping around for a PvP server to make an Alliance character on, as well right now. The Kel server didn't work out magically, but I may stick there.

DHGamer

All 4 of my characters have disappeared off the realm list and select screen on Bloodhoof server, including my main.

Not only am I worried they're gone for good, Im actually beginning to lose patience :)

nataku

Probably won't be able to play tonight again. Last time, in open beta, when they had problems like this with servers going down one after another they didn't get things back up for 9 hours or something. Was crazy. :lol

Mjunter

Heh..everyone is flaming blizzard for not being ready for this. But I bet noone was expecting them to have to put out 56 freaking servers.

DHGamer

Im not whining but if it'll get me a member tag I might reconsider :D

Hey, I've only been on this forum for 3+ years. Maybe 'Junior member' is my tag hmmmm :p

nataku

Haha. Mal'Ganis finally comes back up... only to have a "[SERVER] Shutdown in 5:00" pop up 5 minutes later. :lol

SyNapSe

nataku said:
Haha. Mal'Ganis finally comes back up... only to have a "[SERVER] Shutdown in 5:00" pop up 5 minutes later. :lol

Same boat here. I made a Paladin on one of the new servers.. got to level 6.. logged out to check and Mal'Ganis was up. Played for about 20 minutes and the server shutdown thing came up :\ At this rate like all 6 of my alts will be higher than my main.

Wasn't there a roll call post on the last page? Ah well, Bourne - Orc Hunter

And yeah, I was able to play for 10 minutes before server shutdown. On the bright side I was able to finish two quests from earlier and level up.

Mjunter

Even though I'm playing (or trying to play) on Archimonde. I still got my Tauren Shaman on Mal'ganis of the same name.

That happened to you, too, DHGamer? I had 3 characters, one of which was level 6, disappear from Icecrown. It's not a big deal, but it's really annoying to think I won't get those couple hours back. I went to Shadowsong and haven't had that problem, instead, right now it's too laggy to play.

SyNapSe

Wow, Mal'Ganis is High pop. and basically unplayable. It's worse than the OB loot lag ever was. Looting new items, using AH or mail, accepting or finishing quests all result in 5+ minute lags.

TheDuce22

Banned
This is worse than when Ultima Online came out. The servers are bonked and instead of fixing them they just boot everyone off and timewarp it every 30 minuets.

nataku

SyNapSe said:
Wow, Mal'Ganis is High pop. and basically unplayable. It's worse than the OB loot lag ever was. Looting new items, using AH or mail, accepting or finishing quests all result in 5+ minute lags.

Yeah. This is definitely worse than OB was. Can't do anything. Trying to work on this quest, killed a mob and the corpse and other mobs completely disappear for 5 minutes. Come back to find some nightsaber beating on me, lag kicks in again and it's been hitting me for 10 minutes now. Finally just crashed the game on purpose to get out of it.

It's really bad right now on Argent Dawn. Why wasn't Blizzard prepared for this? Are they fucking stupid? Did they not think most people were going to play for most of this Thanksgiving week?

Idiots, and if they don't fix the problem w/in a week, they're going to lose a shitload of people much less patient than I.

nataku

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?ForumName=wow-server-status&ThreadID=6

The following realm servers will be brought down for maintenance:

Alleria
Archimonde
Argent Dawn
Arthas
Azgalor
Blackhand
Bleeding Hollow
Bloodhoof
Dalaran
Durotan
Elune
Garona
Hellscream
Illidan
Khadgar
Lothar
Magtheridon
Mal'Ganis
Mannoroth
Medivh
Sargeras
Shattered Hand
Skullcrusher
Stormrage
Stormreaver
Warsong
Whisperwind
Zul'jin

Expected downtime is between 1-2 hours.

Following the maintenance downtime, the following servers will be kept offline for further maintenance:
Archimonde, Dalaran, Khadgar, Mal’Ganis

We do not currently have an ETA on when these four servers will be brought back online. Please bear with us as we work to alleviate the issues, and thank you for your patience!

Seems Mal'Ganis is going down AGAIN after just being brought back up. And it's going to stay down.

So, anyone interested in starting over on a new, low population server?

My gf "Suprised me" by getting me WoW she said to shut me the hell up from whining about how I want the game.

I feel really bad...but I got it....so what server are most of you on?

Most of the servers are down?! :( Good thing she also got me MGS3....I suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom