• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cerebral Palsy said:
That's what you guys get for playing on Mal'Ganis. Everyone and their dog planned to play on that server before release.

At least Mal'Ganis is up. I created a couple other characters on other servers and I can't even login.

Jupiter

To the People who Got the Collectors Edition: did you use the 10-day pass yourselves? I thought I heard that you could use both to essentially get 40 days free. This is what i'm doing since none of my friends play mmorpgs.

ManaByte

Great Wasabi Man said:
Isn't this normal when MMOs go live I rmber something like this happening to CoH when it first came out till they patched it.

I don't remember issues with COH, but here's a basic rundown on the big MMO issues at launches:

EQ launched with too few servers. People lagged for days and they eventually gave everyone a free month.

Anarchy Online was so unplayable they eventually put in a mode that turned off the player graphics so you could run around an empty world. It eventually got fixed and is one of the better, small, MMORPGs.

Can't remember Asheron's Call 1. Asheron's Call 2 had serious lag issues though.

DAoC had no major server or lag issues at launch. It was a pretty flawless launch in that regard, but content-wise the game didn't have itemized dungeons past level 29.

SWG was a nightmare. Registration servers were down the first day and lag was horrible. They gave everyone a free day.

EQ2 had a very smooth launch. The only thing that happened was a power outage in the area of San Diego where SOE (and some of the servers) is, which caused a couple of them to go down until the generator could switch on.

Servers seem to be having problems right now. I wanted to get level 20 =/ Oh well, grab some dinner I guess, and then see if they back to normal.

SyNapSe

nataku said:
So, anyone interested in starting over on a new, low population server?

I'm thinking about it.. honestly. I can do that in 3-4 hours or something if a server will work properly. Somehow, I don't think Mal'Ganis is going to work itself out. It's just TOO many people on there obviously.

ManaByte

SyNapSe said:
I'm thinking about it.. honestly. I can do that in 3-4 hours or something if a server will work properly. Somehow, I don't think Mal'Ganis is going to work itself out. It's just TOO many people on there obviously.

You can login any of them without any que, really.

DHGamer

schizophrenic said:
That happened to you, too, DHGamer? I had 3 characters, one of which was level 6, disappear from Icecrown. It's not a big deal, but it's really annoying to think I won't get those couple hours back. I went to Shadowsong and haven't had that problem, instead, right now it's too laggy to play.

Just logged out now and all 4 toons eventually showed up after a hour and I was able to play my main so no worries. Just having bad nightmares of my Asheron Call2 free trial.

SyNapSe

ManaByte said:
You can login any of them without any que, really.

They removed the queue's which caused the lag to skyrocket. Mal'Ganis just seems way overpopulated.. I've been playing on one of the new centrals most of this evening and it's very smooth.

ManaByte

SyNapSe said:
They removed the queue's which caused the lag to skyrocket. Mal'Ganis just seems way overpopulated.. I've been playing on one of the new centrals most of this evening and it's very smooth.

Yeah, I'm getting 84ms but it still has the loot lag.

For now avoid any quest where you have to loot a container because you'll be waiting in line to do it since everyone who loots it lags for about 3 minutes after picking up the item.

I don't remember issues with COH

From what I remeber....

Servers were crashing left and right, Duplicae CD keys, Log In server going down alot, MASSIVE lag in Atlas Park, Perez Park, Kings Row (which was REALLY bad), a huge problem that was fixed shortly before issuse 2 where people would be getting frequent map disconnects. Eventually everything was ironed out, except for spotty lag near Ms Liberty and in Perez Park, I left just before Issue 2 went live but I heard these bugs reared thir heads again when issue 2 launched, I heard (but not sure HOW true this is) all the servers went down. One thing I have to give to Cryptic/NC Soft...they fixed the lag and LDs...unlike SWG...

I didn't know registration servers crashed when SWG went live...lol When they announced the Combat Upgrade Beta registration the same thing happened for beta registration,

soo....any suggestions on what server to get on when I can....just finished installing.

firex

I don't have the game yet, but the server I'm going to play horde on is Killrogg. I'll go Argent Dawn for alliance too, but since horde is my main focus I probably won't play on AD as much.

ManaByte

Looks like the loot lag has cleared up, at least on my server.

Edit: They just announced the pacific and mountain servers coming down for 1-2 hours again.

After lag and rollbacks for 2 hours it all finally goes away! But wait, right after I finally start grinding some good xp they take my server down for maintenance lol. Oh well, be back in an hour or two. Wanted to make at least 21 tonight. won't be able to play all day tomorrow

hXc_thugg

So when the server shutdown announcemt went off I said "Fuck you, Blizzard" in general chat, half-sarcastic. Some guy said he reported me. So as a preemptive move I did a /suggest Go fuck yourselves!

If I'm getting banned I'm doing it myself, damn it.

firex

mint said:
Once they get Mal'ganis working properly..join it!! And be horde
the server my guild from closed beta chose was Killrogg and personally I'd rather play on a regular server than a pvp one anyway, since pvp isn't nearly as fun until you're max level (not because of killing low levels, but because that's when things are most equal) and I'm positive battlegrounds are going to be a bigger deal for me, personally. I just didn't have a lot of fun with the pvp community in the closed beta - way too much elitism and shit talking, like a server full of legunas.

Rorschach

The server I'm on has had no real lag problems (even in noob areas) but it's down for maintenance right now. Just when I got home, too. :(

I didn't go on Mal'Ganis because it seemed like everyone was splitting up and the server is overpopulated.

Good job on the list, nataku. That should be the first post of a new thread. :p

[edit] Yeah, only 4 alliance on Mal'Ganis :(

I picked a Central server Blackhand....

So far so good no lag, plays pretty fluid, it quits right away (unlike SWG). I like it yet I have no clue what to do except run around killing dogs and pigs
:lol

Wow! Nice save Blizzard.

After they brought Argent Dawn back up, it was running as smooth as I've seen it run in a long time. Good to see everything calmed down soon after. Everyone was enjoying themselves again. This game is incredible when it's actually working. :lol

Char Update!

Server: Argent Dawn, RP Eastern
Character Name: Blimey
Race: Gnome
Class: Mage
Level: 11
Current Location: Thelsamar, Loch Modan
Profession: Alchemy 69, Herbalism 98

Oh and... FROST NOVA ROX <3 <3 LIFESAVER.

Mjunter

Heh..and all my characters are on these servers. Cute. Guess its an alliance alt for the holidays.

Love how on the official forums everyone is exclaiming conspiracy on blizzards part to make people move to other servers. Heh...may not be far off really. This really sucks, though.

SyNapSe

Kweh said:
Archimonde, Dalaran, Khadgar, and Mal'Ganis will be down for 1-2 days!!

haha, you know they are trying to force some people to migrate over to new servers. It may work on me..

I got so frustrated with these damn servers last night so I went out and got tanked instead. I finally pull myself out of bed this morning hoping everything is fixed only to find out Mal'Ganis is down for 2 days? This is bush league.

mint

Banned
On an unrelated note, this game just kicked the crap out of Tribes Vengeance :lol

In just one day, World of Warcraft sold through an estimated 250,000 copies to players. Over 200,000 accounts have already been created, and peak concurrency across all active game servers has been above 100,000.

Tribes Vengeance: 255 servers, 146 players as of today :lol

Hope they bring Mal'ganis up soon!!

nataku

Holy shit, 1-2 days?

Looks like they decided for me. I'll be switching servers. I can get back to level 10 in less than a day.

Think I'll move to Illidian. Was messing around with different characters there yesterday and didn't notice any loot lag or anything.

SyNapSe

That's pathetic. Is this annoying? Yes. It's not that big of a deal though. We are just really excited to play and it especially sucks as most people are currently off work, so lets of free time.

It's really frustrating but I imagine they will have most of this ironed out in a week or so.

nataku

Oh man.

I'm waiting for some Blizzard employee to snap. I know I wouldn't be able to control myself after having to deal with some of those idiots all day long...

EDIT: Dunno Kor. I use photoshop to open mine.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Sorry to peeps on those servers, I know what this frustration is like. I hope they get them up soon for y'all. :(

nataku

So I was wondering. Anyone here use interface mods, and if so, what ones?

I installed Cosmos earlier, but there is an annoying problem with the 4th line of text disappearing in the popup tooltips. Nothing major, but sometimes I have to run the mouse over it 2 or 3 times just to get the text to show up. I really like the DPS calculator though, and I'm not sure if I can use that seperatly from everything else. I've looked at GypsyMod, but it's a little too plain looking for me, odd as that sounds. I think I would find myself missing the two bird statues on the sides of the interface. :lol

EDIT: Threw together a GIF of the weird cosmos problem.

wtf.gif

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Just signed back on to my server for a couple hours. Definitely a lot of fun to be had. Learned up my professions (Blacksmithing/Mining, Cooking/First Aid) and hit lvl 9. Definitely pretty fun. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom