• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorschach

I love crafting in this game. :D

Got to 175 in both my crafts so fast in beta that I didn't even notice I was that high until I went to my trainer. It can also support itself spending too much money the first few hundred levels and my stuff sells pretty well to npcs. Good times.

PS Alchemy sucks, though ;(

nataku

Since its release two and a half days ago, World of Warcraft has already seen incredible concurrency numbers across all active game servers. To keep up with the demand from our players, 47 new servers were made available, increasing the total number of servers to 88. Doubling our server capacity in such a short period of time created issues in existing servers. We immediately recognized the issues and began implementing fixes. However, some players were unable to log in and enjoy the game during this period.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and are dedicated to providing World of Warcraft players with the best play experience possible. Therefore we'll be adding a small trial-period extension for players who created accounts before or during the downtime. In the days ahead, we'll provide additional details on how the trial-period extension will be determined. As always, we appreciate your continued patience and support; we're still monitoring the servers very closely and making adjustments as needed in order to ensure that World of Warcraft continues to run smoothly for everyone playing.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=45561&p=1&tmp=1#post45561

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Mjunter said:
Heh..glad I left Mal'Ganis for Archimonde now. Feel sorry for anyone in the area when that guild decides to go raiding.

They'll just find something else to whine about. "OMG the Rogue does 1 DPS higher than my character at level 60!!! Nerf it so it is fair!!!"

Also, I switched to Stormreaver. I'm still a Human Warlock named Alina. At least here the PvP will be a little more even without the Goons destroying the whole Alliance. Although if an Alliance guild can get together to challenge them I might go back. That would make for some awesome battles.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Addicted to this damn game now...

Situation on FFXI is saddening. Gilsellers are just taking over the AH, combined with the low price to buy gil, it's...made the gil completely worthless. Leaping Boots, 550k, Sniper Rings, 800k, list goes on and on. Here I am, running around with a LS trying to get drops for Black Belt from certain mobs than spawn completely randomly. Very frustrating, and I'm pretty tired of it all. Sadly IGE isn't going anywhere. Full back page ad on PC Gamer = staying around. I hope Blizzard and WoW can survive the storm.

Back to WoW. lvl 9 Warrior and I picked up Blacsmithing, Mining, First aid, and Cooking. Very fun =D Almost forget about lvling altogether lol.

Burger

Hi, I'm Mandalf and I live in Stormsorrowwindsong or something. Pacific PvE. Level 4 Mage I think.

I'm at work.

Rorschach

Kintaro said:
Back to WoW. lvl 9 Warrior and I picked up Blacsmithing, Mining, First aid, and Cooking. Very fun =D Almost forget about lvling altogether lol.
Yeah, I didn't really care about leveling until I got to 9 (10 is when hunters get their pets) and even then I was still going around sightseeing. Speaking of which, just fell off the map and couldn't retrieve my corpse. T_T

[edit] I'm level 9 Hunter right now going on 10. I'm on Silvermoon and a Night Elf. Seems like 9/10 Night Elfs are hunters...I don't get why, but to each his own. I would have thought there would be more druids, though.

SyNapSe

man! I went to Icecrown or whatever on MTN, and was doing well all this afternoon. Then all of a sudden I started getting HUGE lag spurts.. not loot lag, just general connection lag :\ Logged out and it had gone to High population.

My latency was hanging around 150ish for most of the afternoon... It shot into the 700-800's a good portion of the time.

edit: all the pacific servers were low population? lol wierd

Jupiter

Lvl 13 on Icecrown. No lag, except when I try to open Chens Keg. When I do that My Char gets stuck in looting position. Can still move around kill other things(Char snaps out of it when I go into combat) but cant loot any of the corpses. As long as I dont try chens Keg everything is smooth.

firex

Kintaro said:
Addicted to this damn game now...

Situation on FFXI is saddening. Gilsellers are just taking over the AH, combined with the low price to buy gil, it's...made the gil completely worthless. Leaping Boots, 550k, Sniper Rings, 800k, list goes on and on. Here I am, running around with a LS trying to get drops for Black Belt from certain mobs than spawn completely randomly. Very frustrating, and I'm pretty tired of it all. Sadly IGE isn't going anywhere. Full back page ad on PC Gamer = staying around. I hope Blizzard and WoW can survive the storm.

One thing about IGE is that, while I do fear that they will try to sell stuff... IMO they will only really reliably be able to sell gold. Almost every really good item is either bind on pickup from an instance boss, or bind on equip from tradeskills. And tradeskills are so easy to do that there's a good market for the better items (in beta the items that required max or near max skill to make, and rare components, could go for between 5g each to 25g each which isn't too hard to get at the levels needed for those items), but they aren't some godlike way to make 500g in a week.

btw you basically picked the best professions for a warrior... first aid (cooking can be extraneous but it's good, I used it on my warlock effectively but it doesn't really reduce downtime for warriors, just the cost of buying food) is great. it's really easy to skill up and the bandages always give a significant healing effect for your level, plus they're easy to create. and blacksmithing is a natural for warriors since you can benefit from all the weapons and armor, so what you specialize in at the highest level of blacksmithing doesn't really matter.

ManaByte

firex said:
btw you basically picked the best professions for a warrior... first aid (cooking can be extraneous but it's good, I used it on my warlock effectively but it doesn't really reduce downtime for warriors, just the cost of buying food) is great. it's really easy to skill up and the bandages always give a significant healing effect for your level, plus they're easy to create. and blacksmithing is a natural for warriors since you can benefit from all the weapons and armor, so what you specialize in at the highest level of blacksmithing doesn't really matter.

On one server I have a 12 Hunter and on the other I have a 12 Druid (my Main), and there's nothing wrong with grabbing all secondary skills (cooking, fishing, first aid, etc.) as they are always useful to have around. There's really no reason to not have them.

As for primary skills, my Hunter has Skinning/Leatherworking and my Druid is Herb/Alch.

nataku

I haven't decided on my tradeskills yet. I know most hunters go eng/mining, but I really hate the way night elves look with a gun. Just doesn't fit.

I really really really hope they add fletching and whatnot to the game. Arrowheads are already in (dropped from some mobs), so hopefully they'll be added in the next patch.

EDIT: Oh man. Sitting in line behind a 90 minute queue and then getting a critical WowError that crashes the game immediately after I got in sucks. :(

I tired an RP server with no one Rping aside saying Aye instead of ya or yes ?! Oddly I got killed while I was offline I logged in the goblin cave logged back and I was a ghost :(

I'm pretty impressed with the game so far...mind you my only heay experience in mmos are CoH and SWG. I liked how in the dwarf town you left foot prints in the snow. My online status has been green since I got the game and got no lag yet. But 20 - 30 fps :(

I like it screw the haters!!!

PC Gaijin

Worried about shooting up to 700-800 ms latency? :lol Don't. I've never seen green in the latency bar, it's usually yellow or red with typical latency ranging from 300-500 ms. I didn't have any problems playing last night for about six hours, including partying up several times. Then again I'm not planning to do any PvP either.

ManaByte

Ran my Druid from Teldrassil to Ironforge today as I had some green cloth armor I needed to unload on the Auction House.

Funny thing was running through Dun Morogh I turned on bear form just for fun and a Gnome running down the road freaked out and started to back up as she though I was an aggro mob. :lol

WoWScrnShot_112504_01.jpg

WoWScrnShot_112504_02.jpg

WoWScrnShot_112504_03.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Rorschach said:
I love crafting in this game. :D

Got to 175 in both my crafts so fast in beta that I didn't even notice I was that high until I went to my trainer. It can also support itself spending too much money the first few hundred levels and my stuff sells pretty well to npcs. Good times.

PS Alchemy sucks, though ;(

I like alchemy. Gives my rogue buffs hehe

I'm on Alzgalor (sp?) I'll probally head over to Mal'Guineeseseseses(sp!??!) when it's up

Soldano
Human
Warrior

Ravenbeard
Dwarf
Hunter

Fusoru
Night Elf
Druid

Mjunter

Man I want the servers back up. Played a gnome rogue alt but I can't stand playing alliance for more than an hour at a time. I keep seeing a dwarf or gnome and my first reaction is to attack them.

ManaByte

Great Wasabi Man said:
mana what card are you running this on?

256MB 9800 XT

Great Wasabi Man said:
Figures I decided to play a Nightelf Druid instead of a huinter and ever other Nightelf is a druid...lol

Well, Night Elves are the only Alliance that can be Druids and Druids are awesome. So easy to solo with.

ManaByte said:
256MB 9800 XT

Well, Night Elves are the only Alliance that can be Druids and Druids are awesome. So easy to solo with.

ahh..I was planning on getting that card next month (and still am :D)

Yeah and druids are sweet

Kintaro

After extended playing time, I'm addicted =P Crafting is very fun, and easy to learn, and quests runneth, over =) I'm still adjusting to the combat systems though and it will take some time. First Aid, Mining, and Blacksmithing are all at 60+ right now. Swrd and Axe skills are capped. Still not quite sure where to put talent points, but I put the 2 I have into Rend (love that Dot).

So, what type of goods are good to put on the AH in this game?

ManaByte

Kintaro said:
So, what type of goods are good to put on the AH in this game?

Put anything green or above on there. That's how I make money in the game. Just sell any green item on the AH. Enchanters need them to skill up.

Kintaro

Any green item...ok. I don't think I've noticed anything green...but still learning =P Any examples?

Rorschach

Kintaro said:
Any green item...ok. I don't think I've noticed anything green...but still learning =P Any examples?
That embossed leather vest he's wearing is one. The item's name appears green.

vested.jpg

You should have come to my server ;(

btw- when do I get to use a gun? I have one, but I can't use it yet.

Mjunter

Hmm..really have seen a lack of responses from blizzard about the downed servers. Even the thread they made for them to answer questions hasn't had blue text in a while. Although reading through it I can see why they would hesitate to reply.

Oh well hopefully the servers will be up tomorrow.

Kweh

Rorschach said:
That embossed leather vest he's wearing is one. The item's name appears green.

vested.jpg

You should have come to my server ;(

btw- when do I get to use a gun? I have one, but I can't use it yet.

You might have to train it in one of the main cities first.

Rorschach

Kweh said:
You might have to train it in one of the main cities first.
Hrm...haven't seen any trainers that have it listed, but I'll keep an eye out next time.

Also, how the hell can I get lady Sathrah to spawn? I've been waiting an hour. This is stupid. I don't think I'm gonna go back and complete this quest. I absolutely hate camping stuff like this.

firex

ManaByte said:
On one server I have a 12 Hunter and on the other I have a 12 Druid (my Main), and there's nothing wrong with grabbing all secondary skills (cooking, fishing, first aid, etc.) as they are always useful to have around. There's really no reason to not have them.

As for primary skills, my Hunter has Skinning/Leatherworking and my Druid is Herb/Alch.
yeah, but for me, if I get first aid I'm inclined to make bandages, even if I'm a healer class who doesn't need them, instead of selling that cloth, heh. while there's no harm to picking up cooking, I personally found it only really benefits warlocks because of their life tap spell. it basically cuts their cost for downtime pretty drastically since they don't need drinks at all.

firex

nataku said:
I haven't decided on my tradeskills yet. I know most hunters go eng/mining, but I really hate the way night elves look with a gun. Just doesn't fit.

I really really really hope they add fletching and whatnot to the game. Arrowheads are already in (dropped from some mobs), so hopefully they'll be added in the next patch.

EDIT: Oh man. Sitting in line behind a 90 minute queue and then getting a critical WowError that crashes the game immediately after I got in sucks. :(
well, I did engineering/mining on my hunter in the beta, but he was an orc, so it didn't look as out of place as guns on night elves. I don't know if they're ever going to make any kind of bow/arrow/staff crafting skill but it'd be pretty sweet if they did. I'm just not sure what type of gathering skill it would use. anyway... skinning and leatherworking are ok for a hunter, along with herbalism and alchemy, or you can just supplement your income for ammo, food and so on by picking up a combo of herbalism, skinning and mining (pick any 2 but I would just decide between herbs/mining and then get skinning as a secondary so you don't have to swap tracking that much).

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Geezus how popular is this game!!! Looks like EQ2 didnt steal a bit of its thunder, they have over 80 friggin servers up and running, and thats after they up'd the original number from 40 servers! Geezus I never seen such a rush.

Kweh

Dunno what to do as my last profession for my Rogue...

I have Mining/Engineering and then Fishing/First Aid/???

Thursday morning I was the highest rogue on the horde side of my server. I didn't get to log in until about 10pm and there was someone 5 levels above me. Stupid fucking thanksgiving =/

Oh well, juat about level 23 now. Anyone else here on Deathwing? /whisper Tag if you are.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Member of the goon squad (alliance side) on kel'thuzad.

level 11 hunter with level 10 pet snow claw bear "yamadasan"

DHGamer

My main on Bloodhoof(EST). Anyone interested in joining a guild with quite a few Ex-EQ players send me a tell.

Picture shows 2 UI mods... CTmod and MapNotes. Both are awesome :D

WoWScrnShot3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom