• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I left WoW in june for money reasons, and I'm now a couple of patch behind. I just wanted to know If there's a patch that has ALL the patch. You know, an "all in one" package?

ManaByte

Agent Dormer said:
Mana, what's your character name/lvl on Dark Iron. I'm a level 25 druid in Fancy Lads, Cuchulainn.

I left Dark Iron to go back to my 60. Was doing UBRS last night and I have to do it again tonight. I'm the Warlock they drag along on raids these days. Kinda glad I did because I got my Dreadmist bracers on the run last night even though we wiped at the Rend room and couldn't continue.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The_Sorrow said:
I don't know if this has been posted yet but this is the funniest and saddest thing I've heard all week. :lol

http://wowseriousbusiness.ytmnd.com/
Classic. I think this is the main reason why I am stuck at level 35 since early March, because I just cannot get as serious as this shit.. I have too much of a life to get into it this badly.

Ramirez

Classic. I think this is the main reason why I am stuck at level 35 since early March, because I just cannot get as serious as this shit.. I have too much of a life to get into it this badly.

Not everyone who has a lvl 60 char is bat shit insane >.>

SaitoH

Blizzard:

Hawkeye has been Moved

(...I'll bet that title inspired a plethora of different emotions... )

Hawk Eye has switched places with Barrage in the Marksmanship talent tree, and another rank has been added to Barrage. This change will be in 1.7.

Zaptruder

Banned
Ok. So now I'm tempted to go back and play my hunter...

full range, double crowd control, hate shed if things goes wrong...

I think they've finally managed to make hunters the pullers they were supposed to be from the beginning.

Ferrio

Banned
Trasher said:
This is just unfair
nefclaw5an.png

Fake

Razoric

Banned
trying to get back into World of Warcraft a bit... making a character I usually never make: a WARRIOR (i always go mage, warlock, or pet class in an MMO).

any good Warrior PvP talent builds out there I should check out?

I'm on Shatteredhand as Razarik (Human)

:p

Zaptruder

Banned
Oh fuck this game.

I've installed and uninstalled it twice in the course of 4 days just because the game is... not much fun at all.

I mean I kinda just want to play as a high level mage or priest and go in one or two instances, but the amount of work and dedication required to go through all the lowbie crap again makes it disheartening, especially for something that can be considered just a whim.

Plus there's a whole new boatload of crap once you get to level 60... including having to deal with people. Ah well.

Razoric

Banned
Zaptruder said:
Oh fuck this game.

I've installed and uninstalled it twice in the course of 4 days just because the game is... not much fun at all.

I mean I kinda just want to play as a high level mage or priest and go in one or two instances, but the amount of work and dedication required to go through all the lowbie crap again makes it disheartening, especially for something that can be considered just a whim.

Plus there's a whole new boatload of crap once you get to level 60... including having to deal with people. Ah well.

I've never reached 60 yet... I have a level 38 Hunter, Level 35 Warlock and now level 6 warrior. I really lose interest mid-30s because everything slows the fuck down way too much to keep my interest. How did you guys make it through 30-40-50-60? I know you all have lives / girl, boyfriends / other games to play... how the fuck did you stay interested? I just can't after 35... :(

Tamanon

Banned
Actually the way I do it, I have RL friends who play and love to group, it's our way of hanging out a couple nights a week outside of the regular stuff. Instead of going out and playing pool or catching a movie, we group, hah.

Razoric said:
I've never reached 60 yet... I have a level 38 Hunter, Level 35 Warlock and now level 6 warrior. I really lose interest mid-30s because everything slows the fuck down way too much to keep my interest. How did you guys make it through 30-40-50-60? I know you all have lives / girl, boyfriends / other games to play... how the fuck did you stay interested? I just can't after 35... :(

Rush them. Get the most quest you can in an area, go to Thottbot, and do them as fast as you can. You'll gain easily 1 or 2 level that way. Then just level up.

ManaByte

What they said.

I've never heard anyone having problems with the 30s/40s. 55-60 can be a little slow as solo quests get pretty bad then, but the 30s/40s aren't bad at all.

ManaByte said:
What they said.

I've never heard anyone having problems with the 30s/40s. 55-60 can be a little slow as solo quests get pretty bad then, but the 30s/40s aren't bad at all.

I had problems in my 30s because I had left my guild, so I was alone in place like 1000k needles and such.

Razoric

Banned
Littleberu said:
I had problems in my 30s because I had left my guild, so I was alone in place like 1000k needles and such.

yeah thats about how i end up... i always get in shit guilds that really dont do much of anything except chit chat.

Just finished up with my second day of the Trial, and I'm up to Level 10...And totally addicted. There is no doubt in my mind that I must own this game. Wow is right.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Razoric said:
yeah thats about how i end up... i always get in shit guilds that really dont do much of anything except chit chat.
Join my guild. We have a bunch of 30ish and 40ish people, and only about 20 60's. We're just growing.

xabre

Banned
ManaByte said:
You'll need to respec to Protection if you want to tank MC.

If need dictates, but I'd rather play an off tanking role with my current build and let a full blown protection speced warrior tank something like MC/Onyxia.

ManaByte

xabre said:
If need dictates, but I'd rather play an off tanking role with my current build and let a full blown protection speced warrior tank something like MC/Onyxia.

Well some MC raid groups won't let a warrior in unless he at least has Anticipation at 5/5.

Basically if you have the room in your build add:
# Anticipation - 5/5 points
Increases your Defense skill by 10.

# Toughness - 5/5 points
Increases your armor value from items by 10%.

# Improved Bloodrage - 2/2 points
Reduces the Health cost of your Bloodrage ability by 50%.

# Last Stand - 1/1 point
When activated, this ability temporarily grants you 30% of your maximum hit points for 20 seconds. After the effect expires, the hit points are lost.

Last Stand can save the group in an emergency.

I'm level 31 Tauren Warrior and I have absolutely no clue on where to put my talent points.

I'd like to Dual Wield, or 1 handed + shield, but I don't know which one is better.

ManaByte

Littleberu said:
I'm level 31 Tauren Warrior and I have absolutely no clue on where to put my talent points.

I'd like to Dual Wield, or 1 handed + shield, but I don't know which one is better.

I have Orc and Dwarf Warriors and with both I went with a heavy Fury build with the rest of the points put into Protection. Normally I would Dual Wield solo (or use 2H sometimes) and do 1H+Shield when I was MT in a group. If I wasn't MT than I'd Dual Wield or 2H.

This is my favorite Warrior build for my playstyle:
Fury Talents (31 points)

# Cruelty - 5/5 points
Increases your chance to get a critical strike with melee weapons by 5%.

# Unbridled Wrath - 5/5 points
Gives you a 40% chance to generate an additional Rage point when you deal melee damage with a weapon.

# Improved Demoralizing Shout - 5/5 points
Increases the attack power reduction of your Demoralizing Shout by 40%.

# Piercing Howl - 1/1 point
Causes all enemies near the warrior to be dazed for 6 seconds.

# Improved Battle Shout - 5/5 points
Increases the Attack Power bonus of your Battle Shout by 25%.

# Blood Craze - 3/3 points
Regenerates 3% of your total health over 6 seconds after being the victim of a critical strike.

# Dual Wield Specialization - 5/5 points
Increases the damage done by your offhand weapon by 25%.

# Death Wish - 1/1 point
When activated, increases your physical damage by 20% and makes you immune to fear effects, but lowers your armor and all resistances by 20%. Lasts 30 seconds.

# Bloodthirst - 1/1 point
Instantly attack the target, causing damage equal to 30% of your attack power. In addition, the next 5 successful melee attacks will restore 10 health. This effect lasts 8 seconds.

Level 48: 13 health
Level 54: 17 health
Level 60: 20 health

Protection Talents (20 points)

# Anticipation - 5/5 points
Increases your Defense skill by 10.

# Toughness - 5/5 points
Increases your armor value from items by 10%.

# Improved Bloodrage - 2/2 points
Reduces the Health cost of your Bloodrage ability by 50%.

# Iron Will - 5/5 points
Increases your chance to resist stun and charm effects by 15%.

# Last Stand - 1/1 point
When activated, this ability temporarily grants you 30% of your maximum hit points for 20 seconds. After the effect expires, the hit points are lost.

# Improved Taunt - 2/2 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Taunt ability by 2 seconds.

ManaByte

Sirpopopop said:
Ehh... I've seen Arms/Fury warriors tank many a boss mod in MC no problem.

If you have some + defense gear it's no problem. You just need to have a very high defense rating (along with a ton of fire resist).

Heh fire resist... let's see the mobs in MC it's actually quite useful for:

Firelords
Lava Packs
Baron Geddon
Ragnaros

+defense gear helps of course, but it's not the end-all/be-all. It's all about how good your support team is and how good you are at keeping aggro.

teiresias

Hey everyone, I'm trying out the game from one of those trial things and have a technical question.

I made a second character that was an alliance human mage, and ran from Norshire Abbey to whatever town that is directly south of it. Whenever I start this character the lag is completely horrible for like two minutes, but then evens out. However, when I ran to that town just south of the Abbey the lag got completely awful (the screen was updating maybe once every 30 seconds) and it NEVER got better, I nearly had to just CTL-ALT-DEL out of the game. Granted there were seemingly alot of people there, but these places aren't THAT big so I tremble thinking about what a larger city would behave like. Is this normal, or should I check my connection, or should I be forwarding some ports that maybe I'm not forwarding, I've NEVER had this kind of lag in a MMORPG before, so I'm trying to figure out what to do. It makes the game pretty unplayable if alot of the "zones" are going to behave like that.

teiresias said:
Hey everyone, I'm trying out the game from one of those trial things and have a technical question.

I made a second character that was an alliance human mage, and ran from Norshire Abbey to whatever town that is directly south of it. Whenever I start this character the lag is completely horrible for like two minutes, but then evens out. However, when I ran to that town just south of the Abbey the lag got completely awful (the screen was updating maybe once every 30 seconds) and it NEVER got better, I nearly had to just CTL-ALT-DEL out of the game. Granted there were seemingly alot of people there, but these places aren't THAT big so I tremble thinking about what a larger city would behave like. Is this normal, or should I check my connection, or should I be forwarding some ports that maybe I'm not forwarding, I've NEVER had this kind of lag in a MMORPG before, so I'm trying to figure out what to do. It makes the game pretty unplayable if alot of the "zones" are going to behave like that.

There is a "special" event happening directly south of that town (Like maybe two feet away) in which tons of alliance may be gathered along with a ton of horde wishing to visit too. And depending on what server you are on and when you went, there could easily be 200 plus people running around there attacking each other and shit.

Try another server or reroll horde/ne/dwarf.

SaitoH

Son of Godzilla said:

*coughs*

>_>

Regarding tanking: There's no way I'd cut my balls off to be a protection tank. Protection tree just isn't worth it as it is right now. Sirpopopop is right on the money, your support team, and tanking ability is vastly more important. Though I'm a big fan of +def gear. ^_~

I'm a 31/5/15 build with 5 in cruelty, 5 in shield, 5 in anticipation, and 5 in toughness.

Ps. Mana: Thanks, I ended up finding that out a few days ago. Really like it.

teiresias

Thanks Godzilla. Yeah, my main character is a horde Tauren, so I've just been playing him more than the alliance mage, much better performance, though it still crashes whenever I try to exit the game - not sure why.

Anyway, not sure what I think yet. It actually feels alot like Guild Wars to me right now. That is, I run around getting quests and then fetch/kill the correct thing, and the combat system feels similar with the skills bar, etc. I haven't really interacted with anyone yet, but I'm on a PvE server since I just wanted to get a feel for the game. Still fun though, with good performance, just not sure I'll end up paying $15/month for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom