• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a WoW noob so this might be old but...Last night like a dozen of us ran into an Orc named Golbez down in Elwyn Forest. He started dancing and then when he was done starting killing everyone in his path. I passed him like three times throughout the night and he was still there killing people. So there's some Orc in the middle of Elwyn for some reason with an Unknown Level killing people. This morning I found his body laying there so somebody must have killed him.

Ferrio

Banned
Got my HP on my rogue extremely high in a DM run. Normally it's 4200.

tellenhp.jpg

Came in handy since I was taking lots of hits since we didn't have a warrior.

Tamanon

Banned
Diablos said:
How do some of you guys play together? Isn't everyone assigned to a specific server?

When you log in, there's the Change Realm button, you can go to another server and create a character there.

My group just finished that elite troll city in the Hinterlands, took us 3 and a half hours to march through there but DAMN are the rewards worth it on the Horde side:)

Just got my Trial Account like 3 days ago and I've got a Level 15 Human Warrior. I'm definitely going to have to purchase the full game now. Addicted to the max.

Just went to Lakeshire for the first time...Four new quests the instant I got in! Awesome! I'm also working on building up my Tailoring and Skinning skills. Now that I'm addicted to WoW, my respect for Blizzard has gone way up. Before this, the only Blizzard game I had played was WarCraft 2. Oh, and a demo of Diablo II.

Right now in the Greymane server, A Horde guild called Dreadnaught is raiding all throughout Alliance territory. I can't believe my eyes. There is at least 50 of them, and they range from levels 20 and up. We were getting our asses handed to us in Lakeshire, so we tried to draw them in to get help from the Guards...That didn't work, so we started out own raid and pushed them out to Azora Tower but I still have yet to see even one of them fall. Seriously this is one ENORMOUS battle, and when both sides were charging each other...So exciting. I'm amazed.

ManaByte

ToyMachine228 said:
Right now in the Greymane server, A Horde guild called Dreadnaught is raiding all throughout Alliance territory. I can't believe my eyes. There is at least 50 of them, and they range from levels 20 and up. We were getting our asses handed to us in Lakeshire, so we tried to draw them in to get help from the Guards...That didn't work, so we started out own raid and pushed them out to Azora Tower but I still have yet to see even one of them fall. Seriously this is one ENORMOUS battle, and when both sides were charging each other...So exciting. I'm amazed.

heh wait until you see 40 on 40 AV battles that go on for 10+ hours.

Ferrio

Banned
ManaByte said:
Just now in AV an epic pair of plate legs dropped off a non-elite graveyard guard:
http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=14554

Remember those dropping on a friend back when people were first hitting 60.

heh wait until you see 40 on 40 AV battles that go on for 10+ hours.

Ya pub games usually last fucking long. Though there's a few really good guilds on our server. One known as Militia often teams up with another called H ostile takeover. They'll win an AV within 40 mins.

Ferrio

Banned
Going to try and go after a weird rogue build.

Going to try and get all the + dagger gear i can get (3 SC set, core leather gloves, distracting dagger, mugger's belt)

That'd give a +18 to daggers.

Then do combat build using really fast daggers 1.3, and spec into improved instant and vile poisons.

Ferrio

Banned
pilonv1 said:
Fast main hand daggers are pointless though.

But that wouldn't be the point of the build.

Build would be white damage/proc only. Ya, it's pretty insane... but I think it would work well for pve atleast.

example:

-2 1.3 speed daggers (Julie's dagger, Distracting dagger)
-Vile poisons and Instant poisons talent
-Improved slice and dice talent
-Combat tree up to blade fury
-Life stealing on both daggers.
-Instant poison on both daggers
-+18 daggers (so your damage and hit rate are increased)

So if you got blade fury and Slice and dice working you'd be putting a bunch of white damage out (2 daggers operating at .7 speed), that would be pretty consistant, and hopefully you'd be proccing a ton with life steal and instant poison.

Again, something I'd like to try, but it'd suck complete balls in pvp.

This is something I wanted to do for a long time, especially if blizzard ever gets it through their mind that fist weapons should be FASTER than daggers.

it would be something crazy like this

Assassination Talents (24 points)

# Malice - 5/5 points
Increases your critical strike chance by 5%.

# Improved Eviscerate - 1/3 point
Increases the damage done by your Eviscerate ability by 5%.

# Improved Slice and Dice - 3/3 points
Increases the duration of your Slice and Dice ability by 45%.

# Ruthlessness - 3/3 points
Gives your finishing moves a 60% chance to add a combo point to your target.

# Murder - 2/2 points
Increases your chance to hit while using your Sap, Ambush, Garrote, or Cheap Shot abilities by 5%.

# Relentless Strikes - 1/1 point
Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to restore 25 energy.

# Improved Instant Poison - 5/5 points
Increases the chance to apply Instant Poison to your target by 10%.

# Vile Poisons - 4/5 points
Increases the damage dealt by your poisons by 12%.

Combat Talents (27 points)

# Improved Sinister Strike - 2/2 points
Reduces the Energy cost of your Sinister Strike ability by 5 Energy.

# Improved Gouge - 3/3 points
Increases the effect duration of your Gouge ability by 1.5 seconds.

# Deflection - 5/5 points
Increases your Parry chance by 5%.

# Precision - 5/5 points
Increases your chance to hit with melee weapons by 5%.

# Riposte - 1/1 point
A strike that becomes active after parrying an opponent's attack. This attack deals 150% weapon damage and disarms the target for 6 seconds.

# Dual Wield Specialization - 5/5 points
Increases the damage done by your offhand weapon by 50%.

# Dagger Specialization - 5/5 points
Increases your chance to get a critical strike with Daggers by 5%.

# Blade Flurry - 1/1 point
Increases your attack speed by 20%. In addition, attacks strike an additional nearby opponent. Lasts 15 seconds.

Subtlety Talents (0 points)

# None

Tamanon

Banned
I don't like pure damage builds(pure white damage) mainly because of Armor. I think it'd be amazing against cloth wearers but against Warrior mobs....just wouldn't be that effective, IMO.

Ferrio

Banned
Tamanon said:
I don't like pure damage builds(pure white damage) mainly because of Armor. I think it'd be amazing against cloth wearers but against Warrior mobs....just wouldn't be that effective, IMO.

Well i'm not expecting it to even come close to outdamaging what I do now, just for fun.

Ferrio

Banned
Tamanon said:
I say go for a Fist Weapons Spec build:p

I would if there were actual fists in the game, and not those swords that have a fist tag.

I swear fists need to be FAST.. why the hell should fists have +2.0 speed?

pilonv1

I've always thought Fist Weapons should be 1.0-1.3 speed (no slower than the fastest dagger) and should have a reasonable addition to Parry since you'd think it would be easier to parry with fists than a larger weapon. They also need their own openers, losing ambush+backstab while gaining nothing is fucking retarded.

Aw dammit! All servers are down due to maintenance as of 5:00 this morning. Blizzard says they should be up by about 1:00, but I have to work at 1:00. Second time I've been owned today ) :

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah server maintenance is always on Tuesday morning for a few hours. My server crashed last night, so I couldn't even make it to an Inn beforehand so not much Rest XP for me haha. Well I have to let my buds catch up to me, I'm 2 levels ahead and that crimps the XP a little bit. Plus I want my tank's taunts to actually land dammit!

Razoric

Banned
Wow I'm actually having a lot of fun with the Warrior. I'm up to level 13 (one notch away from 14) and its been a blast. Any good skills coming up to look forward to?

Sever crashed hard (dalaran) two hours in to Sunken Temple last night. Everything was lost. There was rioting in the streets. People couldn't even log out. I gave up and CTRL+ALT+DELETED. Wonder where the heck Im going to be when I log back in after work? Guess the only positives are two bagfuls of skin and scales I've wound up with.

Oh, I myself kicked my file cabinet... and hurt my foot.

Fularu

Banned
Yesterday we did BRD (horde side)
Me (taurren warrior lvl 55), a shaman (troll lvl 58), an undead priest (lvl 59), a mage (lvl 60) and a lvl 58 rogue, damn we had a blast, but this instnace is freakin long, the longest I've ever been to (mind, I still need to do Scholo, BRS, DM, MC, etc...)...

Can't wait to get good gear, I'm still stuck with lvl 46-48 gear

Fularu

Banned
Opiomorph said:
Wish they'd release the 1.7 notes already >_<

Wish they'd release it altogether.. since 1.6 I've been having major slowdowns problems. Like 4-5 fps in Orgr or in instances, and I don't know why

sometimes my screen will freeze for 5 seconds, then it will be 2-3 fps for like 2 mins with next to nothing on screen, and I won't even talk about AV

Fix the memory issues Blizz, this game shouldn't swap memory on HD as much as it's doing

ManaByte

Fularu said:
Wish they'd release it altogether.. since 1.6 I've been having major slowdowns problems. Like 4-5 fps in Orgr or in instances, and I don't know why

sometimes my screen will freeze for 5 seconds, then it will be 2-3 fps for like 2 mins with next to nothing on screen, and I won't even talk about AV

Fix the memory issues Blizz, this game shouldn't swap memory on HD as much as it's doing

I used to get a constant 60fps, but now I'm lucky to get 30fps.

Blizzard swears it's not because the client is scanning your PC and running processes, but it only started when they started to do that.

I hit 30 yesterday with my warrior. My brother helped me with the warrior quest and I got the Whirlwind Axe. Warrior owns! This is the most fun I've had through the entire game.

dejan.lvl30.jpg

New axe, 43 gold in my pocket, getting invites all the time. What can possible be better?

Fularu

Banned
RonaldoSan said:
I hit 30 yesterday with my warrior. My brother helped me with the warrior quest and I got the Whirlwind Axe. Warrior owns! This is the most fun I've had through the entire game.

dejan.lvl30.jpg

New axe, 43 gold in my pocket, getting invites all the time. What can possible be better?

Not pussing out and doing some of the quests on your own..

I did whilrwind all by myself except for the whirlwind elemental (lvl 40 elite) (and I was lvl 37)

What's the point of doing the warrior quest (or the brutal armor quests) if you're helped by a bunch of 45+?

For your level and your specs, [Corpsemaker] should have been enough!

(goes back to work, patting his nice [Gatorbite]) damn I need a lvl 55+ 2h axe

border

How long does it usually take servers to get a good population? The one I'm on is just weird, compared to my normal one. I can walk all the way through Ashenvale and never see any Alliance, but it was like they were everywhere when I was questing there as Alliance. The whole server seems rather short on Alliance....which is supposedly the opposite of how it normally works.

Fularu

Banned
border said:
How long does it usually take servers to get a good population? The one I'm on is just weird, compared to my normal one. I can walk all the way through Ashenvale and never see any Alliance, but it was like they were everywhere when I was questing there as Alliance. The whole server seems rather short on Alliance....which is supposedly the opposite of how it normally works.

They're all in AV or WSG, and soon in the new 20 vs 20 pvp instance

border

Except I went to Warsong Gulch today and only got to play for 4 minutes because there weren't enough members on the opposing team. Even in Battlegrounds it's hard finding Alliance :lol

Fularu

Banned
border said:
Except I went to Warsong Gulch today and only got to play for 4 minutes because there weren't enough members on the opposing team. Even in Battlegrounds it's hard finding Alliance :lol

It depends on your level :) and well allies are getting pwnd pretty hard pretty much everywhere in pvp battles ;)

border

Except at the same level as my main character, Ashenvale was full of Alliance. Now I can tromp through Arathi too and only see 1 or 2 people of the opposing faction. Seems like I'm missing out on the PVP stuff....except for in Hilsbrad, where you just get ganked 10 times a night.

trilobyte

"The Shaman is similar to a Paladin without as much armor. "
-Official World of Warcraft website

bullshit.

Our group of Horde can take on Alliance most of the time in Warsong...no contest really....until Alliance gets themselves a bunch of Paladins

Paladins are warriors who can cast. Period. Horde doesn't have any equivalent....Shaman's HAH. Shaman's have shit for armor and in the time it takes to lay the proper totems down, everyones dead or has moved away.

Couple Paladins with a group of Mages...and forget it. CTF ends with them winning or a 2 hour stale-mate. The only time we've had issues is when Alliance is nothing but Paladins coupled with Mages.

Fularu said:
Not pussing out and doing some of the quests on your own..
I haven't had any help up until now and basicly it's only the last part because that is impossible to do at lvl 30.

Sure I could have waited 5-6-7 levels to complete it, but the fun I would be missing out on in WSG is not worth it.

Screaming_Gremlin said:
I doubt there is a paladin in the game, who wouldn't love to trade their character for a shaman.

No cleanse, BoS, etc.

Don't give me that windfury totem BS either. It's absolutely useless in the end-game, as are most totems (INCLUDING GROUNDING TOTEM). Oh yeah and on top of that tossing down totems for encounters like Onyxia can cause things like deep breath during phase 2.

Oh yeah we can self-res once every 40 minutes, OMG! How game-changing. Fuck that, pallies have DI which accomplishes much the same purpose. Of course with the fact that you can use an OOC resser also does a lot to diminish the usefulness of self-res beyond raid wipes.

BlackMage

Banned
hey mr. cheez. I see you're guild is part of the coalition! We had an awesome UBRS raid tonight! Hopefully dance party will be there for next raid.

-Jimmyjoe
Undead 60 Warrior
Warfang Clan

Paladins are completely and totally overpowered in group play compared to shaman. The only ground shaman make up in is fast healing, and even then it's not much because shaman will run out of mana 2-3 times as fast. Cleanse, BoF, shield healing, Dual Stuns, plate armor, and if properly specced 1200+ crits. There's not much more you can ask from a class for WSG. AV is several times worse, they can train gaurds away like nothing else, can spam an aoe alternating invuln to prevent tagging, whatever.

Not to mention paladins are totally fucking broken in PvE.

Oh and either they fixed totems causing DB, or it never mattered. I'm leaning towards it never mattered.

Son of Godzilla said:
Paladins are completely and totally overpowered in group play compared to shaman. The only ground shaman make up in is fast healing, and even then it's not much because shaman will run out of mana 2-3 times as fast. Cleanse, BoF, shield healing, Dual Stuns, plate armor, and if properly specced 1200+ crits. There's not much more you can ask from a class for WSG.
I'm pretty sure paladins would gladly take damage+stun repeatable Frost Shocks AND Earthbind Totems over their long cooldown double stuns. Add to that the Shaman's priest-level healing in terms of mana-use and speed compared to the Paladin's 2.5 second heals and 300 health Flash Heals.

Regardless, both of these hybrid classes are far, far above the priest and warrior classes they emulate, and something needs to seriously be done about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom