• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son of Godzilla said:
Hunters are such fucking ninjas. We just downed Gole and that sword with +42 str popped up and I rolled the bare freakin minimum on it and won and now this warrior in negative dkp is crying.

Why the hell did you want that sword anyway? Hunter epic quest staff + Blastershot is a way better combo.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Orin GA said:
20050722l.jpg
:lol :lol :lol :lol even by PA's standard.

hobart

Yah... got an IM from a guildee and posted before I actually checked to see who was down.

Apparently, some servers were really lagging (especially in instances... which makes NO sense to me). Gratz on 3.5 million, Blizz... but let's get cracking!

Apple Jax said:
Apparently, some servers were really lagging (especially in instances... which makes NO sense to me). Gratz on 3.5 million, Blizz... but let's get cracking!
Are you completely unaware of farmers attempting to crash instances 24/7 to dupe items?

trilobyte

This new patch totally screwed everything up.

Server side lag EVERYWHERE. My ping is great, but the server isn't responding to actions at all. It can take up to 5 minutes to revive AFTER you've clicked the "Resurrect" button. PVP is dead because you run into someone skipping around like you have 2000 ping. The dupe bug has got the AH prices real high, and the major cities LAG LIKE CRAZY. Broken monsters, quests, and stuck animations abound.

I see they have a bunch of servers down for 24 hour "maintinance" but of course mine is not on that list. Blizzard needs to get their act together on this, this is BS

SyNapSe

trilobyte said:
This new patch totally screwed everything up.

Server side lag EVERYWHERE. My ping is great, but the server isn't responding to actions at all. It can take up to 5 minutes to revive AFTER you've clicked the "Resurrect" button. PVP is dead because you run into someone skipping around like you have 2000 ping. The dupe bug has got the AH prices real high, and the major cities LAG LIKE CRAZY. Broken monsters, quests, and stuck animations abound.

I see they have a bunch of servers down for 24 hour "maintinance" but of course mine is not on that list. Blizzard needs to get their act together on this, this is BS

Wouldn't tons of epic type items being duped work to bring the price down? I know if only one person duped let's say the Heartseeker. If you had 20 of them to sell why wouldn't you undercut everyone's sell price by a hefty chunk?

SyNapSe said:
Wouldn't tons of epic type items being duped work to bring the price down?
Yep. trilobyte was just trying to act like he knows what's up.

At the same time, you can also have farmers controlling a certain market for items completely and raising the price, but it's incredibly rare that that happens. Most likely, the farmers are duping and undercutting and still making twice as much as anyone else for the same work.

trilobyte

SyNapSe said:
Wouldn't tons of epic type items being duped work to bring the price down? I know if only one person duped let's say the Heartseeker. If you had 20 of them to sell why wouldn't you undercut everyone's sell price by a hefty chunk?

Er, it really depends on the server and the actions of its economy. Players with access to rare items can dupe them and put them all up..driving the prices down...AND/OR people without access to those rare items will instead dupe their gold. So if the economy leans to more duped rare items than gold, then prices go down. Economies with more duped money than rare items, the prices go up

In any case, it's all jacked.

Ikse

Sal Paradise Jr said:
Bah, can anyone PM the leaked 1.7 patch notes? It's apparently impossible to post them now, even on non-official WoW forums.

Is it a new leak then? I havent been able to find mention of them on unofficial forums either.

Hey, guys. I've been getting the "Error #132" lately. I've tried most of the things on the WOW site but, nothing has worked. I'm thinking it's either my processor or the video card. I recently replaced just about everything in my system except the video card because my old motherboard got fried. Have any of you had any problems with the Athlon XP 3000 or some other overclocked processor? I just want to make sure what it is before I go out and buy another video card.

Here's what's in the system now.

MSI K7N2 Delta mother board
Athlon XP 3000
Radeon 9800 Pro AGP
1 GB of DDR RAM

From the newletter that Blizzard sends out:

The next World of Warcraft content patch will feature two major new areas for exploration and conflict. Zul Gurub is a 20-person, casual high-end raid dungeon, extending World of Warcraft's epic, high-level end-game. Also in the next patch, the dev team is planning to release a brand new Battle Ground - the Arathi Basin - for player-versus-player mayhem. Arathi Basin will be a medium high-end map that will focus on the Horde vs. Alliance resource struggle. Teams will need to capture and hold strategic objectives to gather resources for their side. The first team to reach their resource goals wins. Watch worldofwarcraft.com and the Insider in the coming weeks for previews on these new areas and other announcements on upcoming content for World of Warcraft.

I just started an orc warrior. Started out fun and easy. Now at lvl 13 I have a whole arsenal of skills - rend, harmstring, sunder armor, thunder clap, bloodrage. I'm not really sure what to do after I charge a mob. I also have the defensive stance but I can't figure out when to use that either. could someone please fill me in?

I'm also looking for a solid 2h pvp build.

ManaByte

RonaldoSan said:
I just started an orc warrior. Started out fun and easy. Now at lvl 13 I have a whole arsenal of skills - rend, harmstring, sunder armor, thunder clap, bloodrage. I'm not really sure what to do after I charge a mob. I also have the defensive stance but I can't figure out when to use that either. could someone please fill me in?

I'm also looking for a solid 2h pvp build.

If you're in a group as the tank ALWAYS use defensive stance.

Demoralizing Shout is your friend in any stance.

I usually use battle for solo and defensive for groups.

And also, try to keep every weapon skill as close to max as possible.

Thanks for the tips.

I did some testing with the different skills in Battle Stand. My warrior is 15 now.

On regular mobs I go Charge > Demoralizing Shout > Rend > Heroic Strike. Overpower if the mob dodges and Harmstring on runners. If the mob has lots of armor I put some Sunder Armor on it's ass.

I'm not so sure about Bloodrage though. Should I use it whenever possible or just when I need some extra rage for Battle Shout?

Tanking seems to be much harder than I expectet it to be. Anyways warriors are great fun.

SaitoH

RonaldoSan said:
Thanks for the tips.

I did some testing with the different skills in Battle Stand. My warrior is 15 now.

On regular mobs I go Charge > Demoralizing Shout > Rend > Heroic Strike. Overpower if the mob dodges and Harmstring on runners. If the mob has lots of armor I put some Sunder Armor on it's ass.

I'm not so sure about Bloodrage though. Should I use it whenever possible or just when I need some extra rage for Battle Shout?

Tanking seems to be much harder than I expectet it to be. Anyways warriors are great fun.

Tanking is a lot of fun, and quite a demanding job. First off make sure, what ever you do, put 5 points into tactical mastery, because you'll be changing stances quite often.

I'll start off with battle stance and charge when I can, but more often than not I pull with my gun. That's where bloodrage comes in. Bloodrage then shoot. Actually, I use bloodrage mid fight fairly often. Sometimes you just need that extra bit of rage in a pinch.

Make sure to always have a decent shield/1 hander (axe prefered since you can spec in them for an extra 5% to crit) and a good two hander (axe again ^_~ ), along with a weapon swap macro.
I use stance sets. The reason is that even tanking in defensive stance, I watch for dodges, switch to battle stance, my two-hander and overpower. I'll do that at the end of a fight to execute too. This is situational of course.

Sunder armour and revenge are your main aggro tools. Taunt puts you at the top of the aggro list, but always follow it up with a sunder/ revenge or you'll most likely lose aggro quick.

I love being main tank. I'm not protection specced, my build is 31/5/15 and I love +def armour. Currently +130 def.

My character you can see my gear and talent spec.

Anyway, any specific questions, fire away.

^w^

crimsonheadGCN said:
Hunter Talent changes: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunters/talents.html

*sigh* I don't know where to put all my talent points now. >_< All 3 look very good.

I'm probably gonna end up going 0/21/30

I know I won't have any top end talents, but survival was pimped the shit out and I wanna mostly go that way. However, you're a pretty gimp hunter without scattershot so I need to put 21 in marksmanship.

SaitoH

Zul'gurub is sounding quite interesting:

As many of you know, the Dungeon and Raid team has been working on a zone called Zul'Gurub for quite some time now. We're deep into the playtesting phase of the zone and are currently iterating on a few final boss encounters. The majority of the encounters have been "locked out" and are ready to go. Itemization of the zone is complete and the zone is fully quested.

I wanted to take a minute to talk about the intended "goal" of the zone. Zul'Gurub is often referred to as a "casual raid zone". But I think the term "casual" can at times be misleading. Rather than get hung up on the semantics of "casual" versus "hardcore" I think it's best if everyone understands Zul'Gurub's place in the overall zone and dungeon flow of World of Warcraft.

Zul'Gurub is intended to fit in somewhere between Upper Blackrock Spire and Molten Core. Zul'Gurub only requires 20 people compared to the 40 it takes to do Molten Core or Blackwing Lair. This lower raid cap contributes to the zone being deemed more "casual", as it takes less organization to get 20 people together than it does for 40.

Another goal of the zone is that it can be completed relatively quickly. Once the zone is mastered, raids will be clearing it in under 2 hours.

Now what I just said can be a little misleading. I know that a signifcant number of people are going to read it as "I can clear Zul'Gurub in under two hours." But the important thing about what I said is that those fast clearing times will happen once the zone has truly been mastered. Even though the zone is referred to as "casual", there is still a learning curve to it. The encounters in Zul'Gurub are challenging and require good coordination and skill. The encounters will also be tuned assuming raid groups DON'T have Molten Core or better loot. What this means for well-equipped, hardcore raiding guilds is that they will find the zone to be fairly easy.

The coolest thing about Zul'Gurub, in my opinion, is it allows everyone to have the chance to see some of the coolest parts of the raiding experience -- highly scripted boss encounters. There are a LOT of bosses in Zul'Gurub and a lot of time has been put into making all of those fights unique and challenging. I think players of all playstyles will find the zone fun.

ManaByte

Yea, the hunter changes look good (I like the humonoid/beast damage talents). I started a NE Hunter on a very low pop PVP server this morning. Almost 15 now.

hobart

ZG sounds like something that'll be right up my ally when I finally hit 60.

Hit 40 the other day... Thank God. I can't be touched in WSG... it's pretty cool.

Anyone got a link to the patch leaks?

Tritroid

Does anybody have a mirror to today's patch?

I know it's only 4 mbs, but Blizzard's torrent never works for me. (I always end up with 0 rates)

kthx.

SyNapSe

I moved to the new server Gurubashi when it first opened 2 months or so ago. I was bored of my current server/characters and I wanted to join some friends and try the Horde side of things.

I made a Druid and got into the 30's and realized I didn't enjoy it much. So, I restarted as a Orc Hunter (what I first tried in Open Beta) and realized that was the class I should have always played.. SOO much fun. My mage friend took time off and I caught up to him, and we were having a blast.. plowing through quests, killing alliance. Then they released like 4 new servers and the population dropped to nothing. The alliance was already outnumbered a lot of the time, but not terribly (1 - 1.3 or 1.4 a lot). Tons of them left to go to the new servers.

My friend and I both cancelled last week out of boredom with no-one to kill. :( The new hunter changes look so incredible though it makes me want to come back. I wish they would allow a server transfer off Gurubashi to a decent realm.

siege

Banned
World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.6.1 (2005-08-02)

General

Spell casting is no longer interrupted when leaving combat.
Warriors

Improved Shield Block - Fixed a bug where Rank 3 of the talent was not granting the extra block.
Bloodthirst - Damage bonus increased to 40% of attack power.
Items

The Oil of Immolation effect is no longer affected by bonuses to spell damage from items.
Raids & Dungeons

Blackwing Lair
Several encounters in Blackwing Lair now cause the front gate to close, preventing players from zoning out or joining an in-progress battle.
The Razorgore encounter has been changed slightly to make it less "random". The spawning should be more consistent throughout the fight.
The timer for Vaelastrasz the Corrupt is now more persistent. You can no longer reset the one-hour time limit for beating him by leaving the instance. Also, Vaelastrasz the Corrupt will not respawn for 12 hours if he has not been beaten when the timer expires.
The drakes in Blackwing Lair will no longer leave the lab.
Maraudon
Lowered experience values for Creeping Sludge.
Macs

Increased the maximum number of sounds which can be played simultaneously. This will fix problems where some sounds could be dropped in very busy situations.
Fixed WoW Error Reporter so that it doesn't crash under Mac OS X 10.4 when trying to send an error report.
Worked around an issue where you would lose your Expose/Dashboard preferences if you crashed or asserted while in fullscreen mode on Mac OS X 10.4.
Fixed the "blockWidth", "srec", and "bitnum < m_numBits" assertions bugs that would crash the game.
Fixed a bug involving corpses near the player that could result in a crash ("BusError").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom