• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my Triumph emblems shoulders, pvp bracers, and Garfrost's hammer. Still can't get Bronjahm to drop the plate pants.

Um, they'll do it the exact same way they did Burning Crusade. You can see them, you just can't select them on the create character screen.

Well of course they'll do that. That's a given.

Hixx

Angry Grimace said:
Um, they'll do it the exact same way they did Burning Crusade. You can see them, you just can't select them on the create character screen.

Here's a question: Are DK tanks SUPPOSED to be squishy? I had a DK tank in HoR, and I couldn't heal him (Disc Priest) even with spam heals. He just kept doing further and further down no matter what I did, even when nuked with Penanace, PW:S and hasted Gheals. It was insane; and his GS was like 5700. I couldn't figure it out.

He probably didn't have Frost Presence on.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've swapped spec and forgot to turn a presence on...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
HixxSAFC said:
He probably didn't have Frost Presence on.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've swapped spec and forgot to turn a presence on...
I dunno, maybe it was just something I was doing wrong. Definetely pretty rusty, seeing as I'd mostly given up on that character.

Cipherr

Rapstah said:
Are hunters supposed to expect healers to heal their pets? I had one rage at me for his/her pet repeatedly dying, but it's not my fault an owl is aggroing everything.

As a hunter, I would say, if you can toss the pet a heal without having the tank die, why not. Honestly only if it would be a liability should you not heal the pet. Our heal is a HoT that doesnt scale with anything, it keeping the pet alive if its getting whacked on isnt likely.

On the other hand, if this hunters pet was aggroing things in a heroic, either the Tank was horrible (an owls AE AP debuff that it casts generates less threat than a single auto attack from a WAND) or the hunter was being careless and sending the pet to attack mobs the tank didnt have time to build threat on.

Stack this with the fact that the hunter should always be MD'ing the tank, then assisting him, Shooting the main target, or AoEing the group with MD on THEN sending in the pet on the main target. With all of that theres simply no way the hunters pet should be getting aggro ever in an instance unless its a Skirmisher in AQ. Those mobs pick a random target and stick to them indefinitely no matter how much threat the tank has.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Damn, got the Sanctified Scourgelord Legguards in VoA-25...after getting the 10m version in our guild run. Same week. Who'da thunk it.

Cipherr

Angry Grimace said:
Damn, got the Sanctified Scourgelord Legguards in VoA-25...after getting the 10m version in our guild run. Same week. Who'da thunk it.

Im jealous. Already got my 264 hands but the legs are garbage for hunters. It would be so nice to have been able to get two slots for free from VoA. Could have started turning frost badges into Prim Saronite much faster and making tons of gold off of it.

I wonder how long these saronite prices are going to last? I mean we are talking 46 or so badges per week from raiding (in my guild at least) Add on 4 a week from Voa, 10 a week from the ICC internal quests, 5 from the weekly raid and more from daily heroics and the prices are holding steady at 2k per primordial saronite on Icecrown still. The amount of money Im making off of this can get pretty obscene pretty fast.

Angry Grimace

Puncture said:
Im jealous. Already got my 264 hands but the legs are garbage for hunters. It would be so nice to have been able to get two slots for free from VoA. Could have started turning frost badges into Prim Saronite much faster and making tons of gold off of it.

I wonder how long these saronite prices are going to last? I mean we are talking 46 or so badges per week from raiding (in my guild at least) Add on 4 a week from Voa, 10 a week from the ICC internal quests, 5 from the weekly raid and more from daily heroics and the prices are holding steady at 2k per primordial saronite on Icecrown still. The amount of money Im making off of this can get pretty obscene pretty fast.
I don't need the DK legs and their junky expertise either, but fuck spending 95 frost badges to get the chestpiece :lol

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
zam said:
http://pici.se/pictures/PTgFemKIg.jpg[IMG]
Look at the name of the zone in the top right :P
Got ported there by a careless GM after Gunship bugged first week of ICC and wouldn't fly all the way up so we couldn't get the loot. You get an instant Freeze debuff so you can't move or do anything once you get there.[/QUOTE]

I love reading and looking at stuff like this, I knew about GM island but whenever I look at hidden or unfinished stuff in the game I always feel like I find something new. A game this massive always has so much unnoticed stuff.

moojito

y2dvd said:
Any advice for a noob playing a troll hunter?

Any general advice for a noob to MMOs?

Agility, attack power, crit are stats you want to go for on gear. Some intellect as well, but if that gear also has spell power, it's not something you want. At level 40 you stop using leather and start using mail. Do quests that are green or yellow. Train every 2 levels (on even numbers). Don't listen to people who tell you you're doing it wrong.

If you get stuck on a quest, go to www.wowhead.com and type in the quest name. Read the comments left by people who have done it before you.

Don't get bogged down by too many addons too early!

It's a good idea to look at some blog pages like http://outdps.com/ which are mostly aimed at level 80 hunters, but still has some good advice on levelling specs, and what you can expect once you reach the level cap.

FLEABttn

Banned
y2dvd said:

To add on moojito's gearing advice, slower weapons are better than faster ones, but a fast, higher DPS weapon is better than a slow, lower DPS weapon.

For example:

Bow of the Example 1
3.0 Speed
(15.0 DPS)

Bow of the Example 2
2.9 Speed
(15.0 DPS)

Bow of the Example 3
2.8 Speed
(20.0 DPS)

Bow 1 is better than bow 2, but bow 3 is better than the first two.

Flib

I'm sort of burned out from leveling my druid (he's at 71 now), so I took a break and decided to finally get my DK defense capped. Started tanking heroics with him and I've been having a blast. I don't really have any tanking experience (except for on my druid...but holy shit it's so much easier to aoe pull on a dk) but I've been doing really well. Was proud that my first time tanking was Halls of Stone and I was able to trigger Brann Spankin New, though holy shit Tribunal is hectic as a tank. I mean, I knew that, but to actually experience it...stressful as shit.

The first instance I tanked was really nerve-wracking though. Tanking in general is kind of strange, because I feel sometimes like I'm flying blind. I mean, I have omen to sort of give me an idea, but it feels like I'm spamming everything I have and hoping for the best, which is usually enough, but it's a weird feeling.

Ganhyun

Well, tried healing in a random with my druid for the first time. (hes lvl 19 now) He is a resto druid.

Went well for the first few bosses. Then after the 3rd boss, I called for mana and started drinking and tank ignored and pull anyway. He died, obviously, said i was the worst healer he'd ever run with, hoped my mother died in a fire, and that he wanted to rape my soul. :lol

sigh.
It also didnt help that the mage in the group need rolled and won just about everything I could use in the dungeon. (i have shitty armor sadly)

Angry Grimace

Ganhyun said:
Well, tried healing in a random with my druid for the first time. (hes lvl 19 now) He is a resto druid.

Went well for the first few bosses. Then after the 3rd boss, I called for mana and started drinking and tank ignored and pull anyway. He died, obviously, said i was the worst healer he'd ever run with, hoped my mother died in a fire, and that he wanted to rape my soul. :lol

sigh.
It also didnt help that the mage in the group need rolled and won just about everything I could use in the dungeon. (i have shitty armor sadly)
I don't much care for heroic/5m healing myself; It occasionally requires paying attention, and I tend to sleep walk all 5 mans and good off; changing specs non-stop for no real reason.

I always try to do stupid shit that gets people killed out of boredom :lol Trying to heal through Loken in HoL with all sorts of stupid random spells I never use (i.e. Renew) (this doens't work), trying to heal all of VH with nothing but Prayer of Healing (this does work, very easily). :lol Healing isn't exactly exciting.

Narag

Angry Grimace said:
I don't much care for heroic/5m healing myself; It occasionally requires paying attention, and I tend to sleep walk all 5 mans and good off; changing specs non-stop for no real reason.

I always try to do stupid shit that gets people killed out of boredom :lol Trying to heal through Loken in HoL with all sorts of stupid random spells I never use (i.e. Renew) (this doens't work), trying to heal all of VH with nothing but Prayer of Healing (this does work, very easily). :lol Healing isn't exactly exciting.

I wish I had your confidence. :lol I have a healer that I rarely take out due to fear of fucking up. Unless its with friends, I long for my hunter :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
y2dvd said:

Avoid Spirit, Strength, and Spell power and any tank stats(Defense, Dodge, Parry) like the plague. Those stats are completely useless for hunters, yet i see too many "huntards" with those. Agility is your favorite stat while you're low level. Stamina is nice too, but since you're a hunter, you shouldn't get hit that much.

Also, make sure your pet is on Passive while doing instances. And dismiss it if you're going to jump down a platform, or else the pet will take the long way and aggro everything on the way, wiping your group.

Angry Grimace

Narag said:
I wish I had your confidence. :lol I have a healer that I rarely take out due to fear of fucking up. Unless its with friends, I long for my hunter :(
Meh, Heroics are stupid and boring anyways. I hate healing them in general, so I screw around all the time; although normally with little consequences.

I like healing raids, though. That's a bit more fun. For the most part, I try to stick with using my Death Knight though.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Orbitcube said:
There's some more things. Isn't too hard to google and I'll link a few Noggaholic videos for you guys to watch, they're really interesting in showing lots of things like this.

EDIT: http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...4eYwgP60N39Cg&q=Exploration+the+Movie&view=3#

and

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7608672074631385072&ei=t8WAS9i3NYHMwgP7lvDpCA&q=Noggaholic#

are easily the best 2 Noggaholic movies. They're long, but show off lots of really cool stuff from pre-TBC. They share some of the same content, but each has their unique little things that make them worth watching.
Man, they patch out all the fun exploration stuff.
Though that first video confused me, why were Blasted Lands/Felwood/Dalaran shown, weren't they always there?

Also, can you still get to old AQ? Fuck i remember staying up till 4/5 one night with a couple of old guildies to go there. Was fantastic. And old ZG, but that's easy.
Going to old AQ also explains why there was so much empty space at the south of Silithus on the map too.

I listened to Turpster since he was on WoW Radio. Had the pleasure of meeting him at BlizzCon 2007. Really nice guy. Stopped listening to the WoW Insider show when they decided to leave the station and made the move to UStream.

He's also got a show on OMFG called Giant Enemy Crab with another former WoW Radio host Slanik.

I listened to TIP this week. It's nice to hear Shram and Turpster together again. I still listen to the Wow Insider show. The people doing it are alright but, it's not half as good as it was with Shram and the T and they have a lot of technical problems and cut the show short a lot. Also, the false information being reported on the site lately has left a bad taste in my mouth. They have Stompalina, Total Biscuit, and MMo-Champ talking shit about them now. There's probably more from shows I don't listen to.

Ugh, the wait for my Battle.net Authenticator to arrive is killing me. I ordered the thing 2 weeks ago and it's still showing up as Processed in my order history. Looking through the forums I see someone who ordered theirs the day before mine and had it turned to Shipping yesterday.

What's with the long wait just to ship it to me?

border

Gave up on WoW Radio some time ago, since every show either seemed to be about constant meme abuse or bitching over every single change to the game. I guess it probably has more charm when you're listening to it LIVE......but as a podcast you can't help but compare to other pre-recorded podcasts that have their bad bits edited out and don't have DJs doing a lot of faffing about to fill air time.

EDIT: Shit, just checked the URL and realized that WoW Radio is out of business. Kinda feel bad about slagging them, but I suppose it was inevitable since every 8-10 months there was some huge blowup with the management and they'd lose a couple shows or see old shows radically changed. They kinda always acted as if that sorta thing was normal in their business, but it seemed fairly clear that one or two of the less flexible and more argumentative members of their management just consistently rubbed people the wrong way (I'll let you guess who).

Cindres said:
Man, they patch out all the fun exploration stuff.
Though that first video confused me, why were Blasted Lands/Felwood/Dalaran shown, weren't they always there?
Yeah, there's a lot of strange filler content in the videos for no reason. It doesn't necessarily bug me but I can see how it's annoying.

border said:
EDIT: Shit, just checked the URL and realized that WoW Radio is out of business. Kinda feel bad about slagging them, but I suppose it was inevitable since every 8-10 months there was some huge blowup with the management and they'd lose a couple shows or see old shows radically changed. They kinda always acted as if that sorta thing was normal in their business, but it seemed fairly clear that one or two of the less flexible and more argumentative members of their management just consistently rubbed people the wrong way (I'll let you guess who).

Every BlizzCon (and this is true) their staff blows up and some people leave. Now they're split into two seperate entities: OMFG and VTW Productions with TB having little to do with either other than broadcasting his live shows on VTW. I used to listen to Blue Plz! on a weekly basis but soon couldn't stand it as it turned into nothing but complaining. Octale and Hordak vs. The World fell into the same problem not long after.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Angry Grimace said:

Yeah, I've tried healing with only renew, and the small heal you get from bubbling someone as disc priest. Worked surprisingly well. Better still, use nothing but holy nova and spam it everywhere. I've had a few times where I was giving the DPS some serious competition on recount while doing that. Fun. :p

border

HarryDemeanor said:
I used to listen to Blue Plz! on a weekly basis but soon couldn't stand it as it turned into nothing but complaining.
It's been little more than complaining for years. Sometimes it's fun when you can agree with the complaints, but mostly TB seems to fixate on the most dumb and minute stuff. "OMG They told us only Blizzcon 2006 attendees would get Murky pets, but now they're giving them to European Arena tournament winners! Blizzard lies! I can't get into a raiding guild because my gear isn't good enough -- why does your game suck, Blizzard?"

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
border said:
It's been little more than complaining for years. Sometimes it's fun when you can agree with the complaints, but mostly TB seems to fixate on the most dumb and minute stuff. "OMG They told us only Blizzcon 2006 attendees would get Murky pets, but now they're giving them to European Arena tournament winners! Blizzard lies! I can't get into a raiding guild because my gear isn't good enough -- why does your game suck, Blizzard?"
Dear lord. It sounds like it's been ripped straight out of the official forums.

People listen to this shit?

Cindres

Personally i could never listen to the WoW insider podcast. To me Turpster always came across like he thought he was god's gift to wow and his voice annoyed the shit outta me.

I remember the first time I listened to Blue Plz he was bitching about classes other than Shadow Priests getting replenishment. :lol I wonder if he would bitch about that if he was running his 10 man ICC raids without a SP now.

y2dvd

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm basically adding points towards agility and stamina and pet armor where I can.

So I can only afford 2 slots in my stable. The first pet was some random catch when I was first practicing how to catch. The second pet is my main. I can't seem to lose the first pet which is totally worthless to me now. Is there a way to do it? I pretty much want to catch other pet.

I finally got my mount! I lost a lot of sleep over it but damn it feels lilke an achievement. :lol

markot

Banned
Get the pet you want to get rid of and make it your active one. Right click its portrait when you have it out and dismiss it.

Dunlop

After many futile attempts of trying to practice a holy spec in 5 man dungeons, I've decided that when I do start to raid it will be as a disc priest.....The amount of retarded MT's that just steamroll into the run is insane. I get the epic MT's dong this, but most are scrubs with brutal gear and no concept that they are kept alive due to that blue bar under my name, I cannot regen mana fast enough as a holy spec.

I think my GS is about 2.3k now (wow heroes) but it cost me a bit of my sanity. As a relief, I started leveling my DK by tanking through dungeon runs. He's only lvl 62 now, but I am having a blast.

Flib

Dunlop said:
After many futile attempts of trying to practice a holy spec in 5 man dungeons, I've decided that when I do start to raid it will be as a disc priest.....The amount of retarded MT's that just steamroll into the run is insane. I get the epic MT's dong this, but most are scrubs with brutal gear and no concept that they are kept alive due to that blue bar under my name, I cannot regen mana fast enough as a holy spec.

I think my GS is about 2.3k now (wow heroes) but it cost me a bit of my sanity. As a relief, I started leveling my DK by tanking through dungeon runs. He's only lvl 62 now, but I am having a blast.

While I don't condone using Gearscore, note that the addon has a different number than WoW heroes, a much more inflated number in fact. Like my DK I just started gearing up has a wow-heroes score of 2009, but a GS of 3958 or something like that.

Dunlop

Flib said:
While I don't condone using Gearscore, note that the addon has a different number than WoW heroes, a much more inflated number in fact. Like my DK I just started gearing up has a wow-heroes score of 2009, but a GS of 3958 or something like that.

yeah, my GS with the addon for my Priest is about 4.4k.

The number is only a baseline for me to measure progress, it is meaningless without the skill to go with it.

Cindres

I was discussing this with my guild last night and it was a pretty unanimous agreement that GS was the worst addon ever created. It's been the one thing annoying me the most since i came back to the game. I haven't even raided yet, or attempted to enter a simple VoA pug or anything thanks to this shit.

As a tank I never blow through instances aimlessly, but I do try and get through it quick since it's so boring. I despise the "go go go" statements you sometimes get from some idiot.

Is doing the instance 3 minutes faster that much of a big deal ? :lol

I don't think I've ever seen a healer in my 5mans run low on mana, when I heal on my druid I put some HoTs on the tank and do something else.

Cindres said:
I was discussing this with my guild last night and it was a pretty unanimous agreement that GS was the worst addon ever created. It's been the one thing annoying me the most since i came back to the game. I haven't even raided yet, or attempted to enter a simple VoA pug or anything thanks to this shit.

I don't mind GS too much, it lets me know if someone is under(over)geared.

That's it, I don't judge playing ability on it.

It causes lag like mad though, I switch it off for raids and lately I'm just too lazy to switch it on.

Macattk15

In my extreme sleepiness last night ... I ended up DE'ing Heaven's Fall, Kryss of a Thousand Lies instead of enchanting it with Berserking.

Hope they mail the damn thing back to me before I log in later tonight for our raids otherwise I'm gonna feel so stupid explaining to my guild why I'm not using the dagger lol.

Interfectum

getting back into wow after a long hiatus and i must say, and i know im LTTP, i fucking love the Dungeon Finder. it has completely changed how i approach this game. it is actually possible for me to casually play wow for 30-40 minutes a night and get badges for gear, cool achievements and some good dungeon time in. can't wait for the battlegrounds version of this. :D

FLEABttn

Banned
GS is a useful tool when used correctly. For Icecrown, someone with 5kGS might be retarded, but if he's not, then we get 6k+ DPS from him. Someone with a 3kGS might not be retarded, but he'll never put out the kind of DPS needed in Icecrown to be successful. No amount of "heart" makes up for the fact that he is gear limited.

Looking at MMO Champion's front page has gotten me excited for these faction overcloaks. Always wanted to wear a cloak that looks badass but either they don't have the stats that I desire or they're outdated. Perhaps this will put us one step closer to having an appearance tab someday in the game.

MMOChamp said:
Quest - Warn King Wrynn / Warn the Warchief
Objective - Speak with Thrall at Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar's Valley of Wisdom.
Description
You have successfully defended Orgrimmar from the threat posed by this Twilight's Hammer cult, <name>, and without shedding the blood of our own people. Our enemy will not rest for long. I cannot imagine that Cho'Gall will accept defeat so easily. You must take word to Thrall. Go to the Valley of Wisdom and speak to him in Grommash Hold. Tell the warchief that our enemies have shown themselves and we must be prepared for their return. l

I thought Cho'Gall was dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom