• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

How often does something like that monster in Stormwind happen? I've killed Stitches in Darkshore, but that is ridiculously easy with only a handful of people.

Also, I'd still like it if someone could recommend good places to farm some iron. I figured out some great ways to build up copper/tin in The Barrens, so I gotta imagine it can be done for iron in other places.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Lord Kazzack is an outdoor raid boss located in the tainted scar in the Blasted Lands. And there is no feasible way to kill him if gets in a major city. Every time he kills something he regains health. Put him somewhere with a bunch of low level players and NPCs and he is pretty much invulnable until a GM despawns him. To my knowledge kiting him to Stormwind is a bannable offense for griefing anyway, so you will probably never see it.

Screaming_Gremlin

Untitled-155copy.jpg

Sorry about the red glow, but I now have every pice of my felheart set except for the shoulders and belt.

border

To my knowledge kiting him to Stormwind is a bannable offense for griefing anyway, so you will probably never see it.
Hilarious :lol I didn't think monsters would even follow you across borders.

At the same time it's lame that this wasn't any kind of scripted event. The video got me kind of hyped up that they would have more unique events in this game. It's bad enough that the world seems to be completely static....they could at least have some craziness go down every once in a while. The best they can do now is have some battlegrounds masters show up in cities? =\

Joe

level 60 bitches!

please dont make fun of my shitty looking gear. gotta do UBRS to get some elements pieces.

border

Any tips for Warrior (me) vs. Mage battles? I've been dueling a friend who's a Mage and I can usually chalk up losses to an ill-timed Shield Bash, but there are some Mages who win without me even touching them. What chance is there when there's so many ways to completely incapacitate you?

Can someone recommend any other cool videos outside of Leroy Jenkins and that Kazak thing?

Damn it, I just bought the retail version of WoW, and I can't change my account because the Blizzard WoW site isn't working. Whenever I go to Manage Account, I get some sort of server error. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Ramirez

I'm a frost spec'd mage,and I've lost to one warrior in a duel,and I only have lost to the same warrior in random PVP encounters,she(prolly a he,but it's a female NE) has all the uber leet gear and its pretty insane how good she/he is...but yea,the mage/warrior matchup will always more than likely go to the mage if they have the slightest clue...

My MC raid group finally downed Mag last night,just like our 3rd time going,and I'd guess about our 10th try on him total maybe,felt so good to finally kill the bastard,lol.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Er uh, what is the server? Since there's nothing useful in the first page of this thread.
Okay, so its Mal'Ganis?
I'm
Suzuna - Undead Warlock
...maybe its not
What the crap is the GAF server?

Razoric

Banned
I'm curious to see what Undead Warriors look like end game with epic gear / helmets etc. Anyone have any cool screenshots or characters I could look at? :D

RevenantKioku said:
Er uh, what is the server? Since there's nothing useful in the first page of this thread.
Okay, so its Mal'Ganis?
I'm
Suzuna - Undead Warlock
...maybe its not
What the crap is the GAF server?

What's a GAF server?

Ryu

Razoric said:
I'm curious to see what Undead Warriors look like end game with epic gear / helmets etc. Anyone have any cool screenshots or characters I could look at? :D

wow.jpg

That's me - Marrow. Level 60 undead warrior.

My armor:

Helm of Might - with 100HP libram
Medallion of Steadfast Might
Pauldrons of Might
Redoubt Cloak - with +70 armor enchant
Breastplate of Might - with 100HP enchant
Fel Hardened Bracers - with +9 stamina enchant
Gauntlets of Might - with +5 defense
Unmelting Ice Girdle
Cloudkeeper Legplates - with 100HP libram
Boots of Valor - with +7 stamina enchant
Band of the Ogre King
Heavy Dark Iron Ring
Counterattack Lodestone x2

Plus a huge assortment of trinkets and armor for different situations that always change. Here's the weapons:

Quel'Serrar with a Crusader enchant
Teebu's Blazing Longsword with a Crusader enchant
Obsidian Edged Blade - with +9 damage enchant
Draconian Deflector with +7 stamina enchant
Force Reactive Disk with +7 stamina enchant
Willey's Portable Howitzer

Is it true that there is a Giant level 60 Crocodile in the Sewer's of Stormwind? I've never been down there...Is there anything else down there? Quests, anything?

Now that I'm thinking about it, are the Warcraft novels any good, or are they a waste of time? The Barnes & Nobel closest to my house carries them, and if they're any good, I'd be willing to pick one or two of them up.

Mining is a whole 'nother beast compared to Herbalism. Whereas with my main, Downing, (60 Priest), rare herbs are usually easily found, (my bank floweth over with Blindweed, Ghost shrooms, and mtn. Silversage), getting Arcane crystals with Vaclav, my Warrior alt is a bitch. Un'goro, Silithus, EPL, Burning Steppes, DM, and I think Deadwind Gorge and that's it; camped by endless cross-faction rogues. Not to mention the fact I've landed 7 taps, only to have NO jewels of any kind fall into my green begauntleted mitts.

If it wasn't for the fact fights break out early and often, (53 me owning 60 Rogues, if I'm on offense), I'd be bored outta my mind. I need to finish up the next 2 levels of questing for the Valor/Imperial set pieces the guild Armorsmith made for me or I found cheap on the AH.

LukeSmith

Ryu said:
wow.jpg

That's me - Marrow. Level 60 undead warrior.

My armor:

Helm of Might - with 100HP libram
Medallion of Steadfast Might
Pauldrons of Might
Redoubt Cloak - with +70 armor enchant
Breastplate of Might - with 100HP enchant
Fel Hardened Bracers - with +9 stamina enchant
Gauntlets of Might - with +5 defense
Unmelting Ice Girdle
Cloudkeeper Legplates - with 100HP libram
Boots of Valor - with +7 stamina enchant
Band of the Ogre King
Heavy Dark Iron Ring
Counterattack Lodestone x2

Plus a huge assortment of trinkets and armor for different situations that always change. Here's the weapons:

Quel'Serrar with a Crusader enchant
Teebu's Blazing Longsword with a Crusader enchant
Obsidian Edged Blade - with +9 damage enchant
Draconian Deflector with +7 stamina enchant
Force Reactive Disk with +7 stamina enchant
Willey's Portable Howitzer

Nice gear.
Guild/Server?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-realm-cenarioncircle&T=145812&P=1

Some dude getting owned by his mom! Check fifth post down.

edit. No laughs? Late to the party?

Anyways this dude Wu is posting a reminder on the boards in the middle of the night. The fourth respond is from his mother going:

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
Grounded.

Razoric

Banned
Level 10 Undead Warrior

Razoric - Dark Iron

:D :D

new servers rock! the economy on dark iron isnt in the shitter... yet. time to take advantage of this and make my riches early :O

Thats some badass shit you got for your warrior, Ryu. I'd love to go to MC, that place has NICE stuff.

Here's my phiggedty phat warrior, Blockbuster! Beastmaster of the sheep shagger guild on Kel Thuzad!

d3b64c68.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I get the pvp leggings and chest.

ManaByte

There's an ANNOYING Master Looter bug that pops up in Scholomance where when you're fighting Darkmaster Gandling. If he teleports you into another room and he dies, you're removed from the Master Looter list and am unable to get any of the loot from him (even though you're in the same instance). This is annoying since he drops some very rare stuff.

If you're hit with the bug, sucks to be you:
http://z-r0e.com/forum.php?tid=500

Edit: Blizzard is now deleting any post on the official forums that has that link in it. :lol

Screaming_Gremlin

That bug has been around for a patch or two now. If you are a certain distance away from a boss when it dies you aren't eligible for loot. It really can fuck up groups that are just learning Onyxia or MC. If you somehow die to far from the boss or release from your body you can't get loot. There were two 40 page threads about it on the general boards and Blizzard says the developers are looking at it.

ManaByte

Screaming_Gremlin said:
That bug has been around for a patch or two now. If you are a certain distance away from a boss when it dies you aren't eligible for loot. It really can fuck up groups that are just learning Onyxia or MC. If you somehow die to far from the boss or release from your body you can't get loot. There were two 40 page threads about it on the general boards and Blizzard says the developers are looking at it.

According to the GM in that link, it's working as intended. :lol

ManaByte

Son of Godzilla said:
That's been in the game since BGs. If you go to AV, don't die, and leave, you will pop out at AV next time you do die.

There's another part to it where some areas of the world are being flagged as areas of AV. Frostmane Hold was like that, and they fixed it, but now Tainted Scar is doing it.

Razoric

Banned
Here is the first glimpse of Razoric (Dark Iron) server:

razoricdi1.jpg

Check out the awesome gear!! :p

I play on taking this sucker to 60, look out world. :O

Edit: MORE PIX of RAZORICS HORDE ADVENTURE

Razoric gazing into the distance
razoricdirandom1.jpg

Razoric playing with his friend forever: Mini-Diablo pet :)
razoricdirandom2.jpg

explodet

SaitoH said:
Good change.
No shit!
Who decided that the current system would be the better idea? Not only do 60's with uber gear beat up on 51's, but 40's with brand new mounts can outpace mountless 31's.

border

Is there a way I can get the sound to continue playing even when the WoW window is minimized or in the background? I would like to just be able to sit around and view GAF while I wait, but don't want to miss the invite to WSG. Maybe there is a particular 3rd party tool that will tell me when I'm invited (though I imagine it's discouraged by Blizzard)?

Also, when does the next battleground come out? It sounds like matches there will be much much faster and I won't have to sit around while everyone is stuck in a CTF stalemate.

Alex

Border, get BGbuddy add on from Curse Gaming. Has an auto-accept option for WSG. Also has auto-release and auto-accept res within the match. Very handy.

I should hit Commander this week, woo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom