• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLEABttn

Banned
Bisnic said:
At least, heroics are easy, so even idiots wont stop my geared prot warrior or disc priest from making the run successful

Give it time. The disc priest I was bitching about killed my FoS run.

Yaweee

y2dvd said:
Thank you for your delightful reply. I pretty much cleared all of the easier quest in my zones. The quest that are left is just a bit too challenging or some suggest to have a party of two or more to tackle. The new zones are even more difficult for my current level. I was simply wondering if there was a common method on forming a party.

WoW isn't like other MMOs; you can go through the entire game with an overabundance of solo quests without any need to find a group. Look at a leveling guide and move on; for the 10~20 level range, there are, what, 3 or 4 zones for each faction, and a 20~30 zone that they lead in to?

Alliance:
Bloodmyst -> Ashenvale
Westfall -> Duskwood
LochModan -> Wetlands
Darkshore -> Ashenvale

Horde:
Barrens -> Ashenvale, more Barrens, or Stonetalon Mountains
Silverpine - > Hillsbrad
Ghostlands -> wherever

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
FLEABttn said:
Give it time. The disc priest I was bitching about killed my FoS run.

I have yet to get a healer so bad i couldnt complete a heroic run with my prot warrior, and if i did, it was so long ago i forgot about it.

Yes, even Heroic HOR.

I guess i'm in a good battlegroup for Alliance maybe.

FLEABttn

Banned
Bisnic said:
I have yet to get a healer so bad i couldnt complete a heroic run with my prot warrior, and if i did, it was so long ago i forgot about it.

Yes, even Heroic HOR.

I guess i'm in a good battlegroup for Alliance maybe.

I guess. I'd attribute it to luck, but watching other people I know pug makes me think it couldn't be strictly that.

FLEABttn

Banned
yacobod said:
you'd have to be pretty bad to not be able to keep up a tank with 50K+ hp in a heroic dungeon

My tank is somewhat of an unloved alt. Doesn't raid. Doesn't use frost badges for t10. However, my hp self buffed in a pug is 38k, which is plenty for all of the heroics I get queued into. I don't have the kind of buffer a tank with 50k has, but there's nothing hard about the first boss in FoS. The priest was just bad.

moojito

cubicle47b said:
The 5% damage, healing, and HP buff is supposedly out this reset.

Aye, that was mentioned on mmo champion. It scales all the way up to 30%, too. My bear looks forward to 90k hp!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Macattk15 said:
Does this buff apply to heroic modes? I feel it shouldn't.
It assuredly doesn't. I'll eat a hat if it does (well if it's INTENDED to, I hear it IS working on heroic at the moment).

notworksafe

Do you have to turn it on or is it just applied like the dodge debuff when you walk in?

I also like that Rets and Enchancements are just going to use Haste for regen like the rest of the melee classes. It'd be stupid to have them use special gear.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing a return to SP (or now Int) Rets. Would seem make more sense to then having Holy Paladins all alone with their Int plate. Then Paladins won't have to be the only class to carry three sets of gear for their specs.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
cubicle47b said:
It does work in hard modes and it's supposed to.
I figured that might be some kind of error.

That doesn't really make....sense. It's supposed to be "hard mode."

notworksafe said:
Do you have to turn it on or is it just applied like the dodge debuff when you walk in?

I also like that Rets and Enchancements are just going to use Haste for regen like the rest of the melee classes. It'd be stupid to have them use special gear.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing a return to SP (or now Int) Rets. Would seem make more sense to then having Holy Paladins all alone with their Int plate. Then Paladins won't have to be the only class to carry three sets of gear for their specs.
Retribution already has 0 intellect. You just get a shitload of your mana back because Judgments of the Wise gives it all back when you cast your hardest hitting attack.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:

Maybe there's a way to turn it off? Perhaps even a bonus for doing so.

EDIT: There is.

2ntbwpk.jpg

2envpzt.jpg

Angry Grimace said:
Retribution already has 0 intellect. You just get a shitload of your mana back because Judgments of the Wise gives it all back when you cast your hardest hitting attack.

Yes, but Int is Spellpower in Cataclysm. It'd be nice if there was a return to using Int/Spellpower for Ret. Just to lighten the gear load...plus make it easier for a Paladin to go Holy without having to acquire another gearset.

Angry Grimace said:

It's their new system for gradually nerfing content. Instead of doing it the Ulduar way where they change mechanics or numbers like they did on every single hard mode in Ulduar, they can just use a passive buff.

Angry Grimace

I'd much rather have the Improved Brilliance Aura you got in Battle of the Undercity :lol

Angry Grimace

cubicle47b said:
It's their new system for gradually nerfing content. Instead of doing it the Ulduar way where they change mechanics or numbers like they did on every single hard mode in Ulduar, they can just use a passive buff.
I know what it is, it just seems odd to have it active on Heroic content, especially given that Lich King heroic hasn't even been done yet, AFAIK. That kind of defeats the purpose of "heroic mode."

It also seems odd to have it active already in general.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
I know what it is, it just seems odd to have it active on Heroic content, especially given that Lich King heroic hasn't even been done yet, AFAIK.

It also seems odd to have it active already in general.

Eh, the fights are pretty difficult for your average guild. Plus you can always turn it off if you feel like your epeen is shrinking.

yacobod

Banned
well with the 5% buff my guild should finally kill arthas on 25m, think we've spent 4-5 nights wiping on him the past 2 weeks, hope the GL decide to use it instead of being stubborn

I'm not really surprised, given the difference in skill between the top guilds in the world and most of the guilds doing hard modes. And I think they buffed the LK's health in heroic mode so that it'd be impossible without the buff, unless perhaps you were fully decked out in ilvl 277 and had the items off the heroic LK and Ruby Sanctum already.

yacobod said:
well with the 5% buff my guild should finally kill arthas on 25m, think we've spent 4-5 nights wiping on him the past 2 weeks

My guild is at the same point, although we don't really need a damage buff. We need smarter/better tanks and melee who don't watch Raging Spirits kill people before picking them up during phase transitions or don't spread out for defile because they're busy stabbing things. The P2 -> P3 transition should be a lot easier with the buff, maybe we'll actually get a clean one.

yacobod

Banned
cubicle47b said:
My guild is at the same point, although we don't really need a damage buff. We need smarter/better tanks and melee who don't watch Raging Spirits kill people before picking them up during phase transitions or don't spread out for defile because they're busy stabbing things. The P2 -> P3 transition should be a lot easier with the buff, maybe we'll actually get a clean one.

ya we still get a lot of dumb wipes in phase 2 with ppl not moving out of the raid group with defile or ppl not spreading out, phase 3 seems to be more random, i think ppl just spaz out

Xabora

notworksafe said:
Maybe there's a way to turn it off? Perhaps even a bonus for doing so.

EDIT: There is.

2ntbwpk.jpg

2envpzt.jpg

Yes, but Int is Spellpower in Cataclysm. It'd be nice if there was a return to using Int/Spellpower for Ret. Just to lighten the gear load...plus make it easier for a Paladin to go Holy without having to acquire another gearset.
>_>

What UI Skin is that?

Magnus

We've only just killed Putricide 25 and Valithria 10 last week. God we've sucked lately.

Guild is so into the idea of sending two balanced 10m groups in each week (read: 5 good players, 3 decents and 2 scrubs in each) instead of sending our best 10 to cream the place, learn it inside out and then start divvying up the knowledge and clearing the whole place on a regular basis more often. Frustrates the hell out of me. It was by accident (scheduling conflicts) that a really solid 10m came together this past week with many of our best players, and we two-shotted Valithria after beating our heads on her in a much worse group two weeks ago.

Almost got Sindragosa down with the group too; p3's still messy.

We still have Blood Queen 25m to go before Frostwing Halls in 25; not looking forward to that.

J-Rzez

Well, even at just 5% buff it'll trivialize ICC for us, and most likely many other guilds as well. We may reject the buff just on principle this week to finally clear it out since we're so close.

FLEABttn

Banned
Magnus said:
Almost got Sindragosa down with the group too; p3's still messy.

We tried 3 days on that fight and p3 sucks. We can pretty consistently get her to that phase but then people start running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Priest will fall over dead because they accidentally got whatever that debuff is to stack to 11, people will get the ice block debuff and stand next to everyone totally oblivious to it and blocks 3 other people. I wish there was a way we could practice that phase only so that we'd survive in it longer than 90 seconds.

Cipherr

Do we get more tokens for opting out of the buff? We dont have LK 25 down either? Are they going to give us something for not using it? Or perhaps not give you the achievement unless you clear it without the buff?

J-Rzez

Puncture said:
Do we get more tokens for opting out of the buff? We dont have LK 25 down either? Are they going to give us something for not using it? Or perhaps not give you the achievement unless you clear it without the buff?

I don't think you're rewarded with anything if you don't use it. I believe it can't be used in hardmodes, and that's about it. It's a "pride" thing if you don't use it in normal modes.

Cipherr

J-Rzez said:
I don't think you're rewarded with anything if you don't use it.

Well theres something thats going to cause some issue with 25 man guilds. I can already forsee our officers calling a vote on this. Would have been a little nice to have some notice, but we raid tomorrow. Ill bet the votes are split right down the damn center too.

Angry Grimace

Puncture said:
Well theres something thats going to cause some issue with 25 man guilds. I can already forsee our officers calling a vote on this. Would have been a little nice to have some notice, but we raid tomorrow. Ill bet the votes are split right down the damn center too.
The idea here is that some guilds aren't going to be getting any better any time soon because a lot of players don't really need any more gear whatsoever. I could use 25m stuff, but I don't play 25m content, so it doesn't matter. I have basically everything you could get out of 10m though already, barring a select number of slots.

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
Retribution Paladins don't have spell power either. They get some spell power from Sheath of Light which is based on Attack Power. Even if the stat shift took place today, it would be no different for Paladins at all because they have no spell power, no intellect and have only base mana + base intellect.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
Retribution Paladins don't have spell power either. They get some spell power from Sheath of Light which is based on Attack Power. Even if the stat shift took place today, it would be no different for Paladins at all because they have no spell power, no intellect and have only base mana + base intellect.

I don't think you've quite got the whole "reading" thing down. Let me try and explain for a third time. I think that Ret Paladins should go back to using Spellpower (or Int in Cataclysm) instead of using Strength/AP gear like other Plate DPS classes. This way Holy Paladins and Ret Paladins would be able to share gear (Like Balance/Resto Druids) in Cataclysm.

The only reason I bring this up is because it looks like Paladins will be the only class that has to carry three sets of gear to use all of their specs in Cataclysm. A bit of a bummer.

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
I don't think you've quite got the whole "reading" thing down. Let me try and explain for a third time. I think that Ret Paladins should go back to using Spellpower (or Int in Cataclysm) instead of using Strength/AP gear like other Plate DPS classes. This way Holy Paladins and Ret Paladins would be able to share gear (Like Balance/Resto Druids) in Cataclysm.

The only reason I bring this up is because it looks like Paladins will be the only class that has to carry three sets of gear to use all of their specs in Cataclysm. A bit of a bummer.
That sounds like a big waste of time and completely silly.

Magnus

It does kind of boggle the mind that in the midst of all this stat re-organization, they've still managed to not rid the game of spellpower plate, the only type of gear in the game that is only useful to one of 30 specs. So ridiculous :lol

mclem

Magnus said:
It does kind of boggle the mind that in the midst of all this stat re-organization, they've still managed to not rid the game of spellpower plate, the only type of gear in the game that is only useful to one of 30 specs. So ridiculous :lol

Spellpower mail with hit?
Spellpower leather with hit?

Admittedly there's less specifics for the spellpower plate thing, but they're still of rather limited usage.

arhra

mclem said:
Spellpower mail with hit?
Spellpower leather with hit?

Admittedly there's less specifics for the spellpower plate thing, but they're still of rather limited usage.
They're addressing those via talents for elemental/balance that will convert spirit (as featured on healer mail/leather) into hit (and getting rid of caster mail/leather with hit entirely). Not that two specs of one class is that much better than one spec of one class. And healer cloth is in a similar boat - only truly useful for disc/holy priests (ie, one role of one class, albeit one that has two seperate spec choices).

Kletian

So in an effort to make the airship battle less boring I've started rocking the Final Boss music from Donkey Kong Country 1 while we do the event, makes it much more bearable :D

notworksafe

arhra said:
They're addressing those via talents for elemental/balance that will convert spirit (as featured on healer mail/leather) into hit (and getting rid of caster mail/leather with hit entirely). Not that two specs of one class is that much better than one spec of one class. And healer cloth is in a similar boat - only truly useful for disc/holy priests (ie, one role of one class, albeit one that has two seperate spec choices).

Since they are doing it with mail and leather, I don't get why they wouldn't do it for plate as well. They could just give Rets Spirit -> Hit and Int -> 2 AP. Seems like such a waste to make a whole type of gear apply to only one spec of one class.

J-Rzez

So, looks that our next raid night is all sindy and lich king, taking out the trivial fights up to that. Should be king slayers that night.

lordmrw

Magnus said:
Guild is so into the idea of sending two balanced 10m groups in each week (read: 5 good players, 3 decents and 2 scrubs in each) instead of sending our best 10 to cream the place, learn it inside out and then start divvying up the knowledge and clearing the whole place on a regular basis more often. Frustrates the hell out of me. It was by accident (scheduling conflicts) that a really solid 10m came together this past week with many of our best players, and we two-shotted Valithria after beating our heads on her in a much worse group two weeks ago.

My guild is in the same boat. We have 2 10-man groups running every week, and on Friday we do a 25-man. The first week we did it, both groups made it to Putricide with almost 0 problems , but for whatever reason they decided to redo each group, and now 1 group makes it to Rotface, and my group takes too long getting to Festergut and we have to stop for the night. In addition, I've had issues with people not showing up in my group the last 2 weeks and having to pug those slots with mixed results. So for the last 2 weeks I haven't made any progress whatsoever. Oddly enough, our 25 mans go even better, mainly I think because we fill the remaining 6 slots with the same people from another guild who are really good, and I suppose the amount of fantastic players make up for the average/below average ones.

yacobod

Banned
with the crazy instance lag that Illidan gets on Tuesday nights, the 5% buff seems justified lol, i think my ping varied last night in ICC from anywhere between 50 and 1400, it was retarded on some fights, i'm sure other high pop servers are having the same problems

Some asshole in-guild talked to the NPC and turned off the buff before we pulled Marrowgar so we had to reset the instance to get it back. We cleared up to the Lich King in about 2 1/2 hours after that (then did VoA and TotGC to complete the raid weekly).

Macattk15

I did 13k DPS on Heroic Saurfang last night. Thanks 5% buff! (I'm a rogue)

I was 2k DPS ahead of the next person who was DoT'ing all of the blood beasts and I never moved an inch off Saurfang.

We also dropped heroic Deathwhisper which largely seems like a huge RNG fight

Rapstah

Am I the first person to find this? I was doing some random wall walking around the world and found this over the tunnel after the Dwarf/Gnome starting area:

2euoak7.jpg

There's a path leading nowhere away from this place, but I don't think there are any flight paths passing by. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom