• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Entropia said:
You're a Male Draenei Priest...

Yeah, what's up with that? Roll female if you're going to be a draenei caster.

Fuck that, be a female draenei for any class. :lol

Entropia

No One Remembers
I have known a total of 2 Male Draenei Clothies in WoW. 1 Priest and 1 Mage. They both looked absolutely terrible.:lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just realized; people actually believe that they are going to go back and completely overhaul the old world for Cataclysm.

I think some people are going to be disappointed when it comes out and the quests are like 90% the same ones.

yacobod

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I just realized; people actually believe that they are going to go back and completely overhaul the old world for Cataclysm.

I think some people are going to be disappointed when it comes out and the quests are like 90% the same ones.

will be high comedy if the first raid instance is a moderately redesigned MC or BWL, with renamed items :lol

border

Well entire zones are having the leveling ranges changed and geography radically altered, so obviously some old quests just won't work.

I think people are probably overestimating how much will be redone -- but it'll have to be more than a new skin on an old landscape. The people that think they are constructing 3000 new quests for Azeroth will certainly be disappointed. I suspect that mostly the result will be old quests but in more condensed areas -- instead of running halfway across the zone to kill furbolgs, then running to the other end of the zone to collect mushrooms.....the furbolgs and mushrooms will be in the same area. Shitholes like Desolace and Azshara will get more than 1 flight point.

Angry Grimace said:

Hmm? I thought most of the zones were being redone? The way the blues talk about it on the forums they want to completely redo questing in the style of BC and WotLK where it's pretty linear going from zone to zone and doesn't require massive amounts of world travel just to find quests your level.

moojito

funkmastergeneral said:
Hmm? I thought most of the zones were being redone? The way the blues talk about it on the forums they want to completely redo questing in the style of BC and WotLK where it's pretty linear going from zone to zone and doesn't require massive amounts of world travel just to find quests your level.

That's definitely the information we have so far. I eagerly await any new sources of information angry grimace has for us!

border

I think the sequencing and clustering of quests will be similar to BC/WotLK, but I don't think the quests are going to be new-styled quests with lots interesting vehicles to ride and items to use. The quests themselves are going to be the same old "Get 10 boar noses" garbage that plagued vanilla, which is what will probably disappoint people.

Even listening to fairly reasonable podcasts I get the sense that people expect entirely new quests and entirely new quest hubs. I don't see that as possible.....unless they kill all the old quests and make about 200 new ones that all give you 1/2 bar of XP.

Milpool

WTB [Primal Might]

Nothing in the AH, just bums selling the 7g vendor recipe for 60g. And no one in trade is being helpful. It's driving me mad I just want to make a Runed Adamantite Rod.

border

Buy the materials yourself and find an alchemist to make it for you. If you offer a decent tip I'm sure someone will bite.

Milpool said:
WTB [Primal Might]

Nothing in the AH, just bums selling the 7g vendor recipe for 60g. And no one in trade is being helpful. It's driving me mad I just want to make a Runed Adamantite Rod.

Buy the mats and have an alchemist transmute it for you, there is no cooldown. It's not a super popular item anymore so it doesn't show up on the AH much.

Milpool

funkmastergeneral said:
Buy the mats and have an alchemist transmute it for you, there is no cooldown. It's not a super popular item anymore so it doesn't show up on the AH much.

I know, I think that might be the reason no one is paying attention in trade too, since it's old. I've had the mats all day and have been asking in trade for the best part of it. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and pray for a guildy alchemist to sign in.

Milpool said:
I know, I think that might be the reason no one is paying attention in trade too, since it's old. I've had the mats all day and have been asking in trade for the best part of it. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and pray for a guildy alchemist to sign in.

I've found that whenever I'm spamming for someone in a trade, adding "Tipping 20g" Is always a quick way to get tells

Xabora

border said:
Does anybody know why they recently decided to cap the game's framerate at 200 FPS?

*paging Xaobora*
This is a throwback to the old system speed vs code bugs.

Some games when you reach a framerate of 300+ it runs slightly faster.
So turn everything down with a nice machine and break the 300 mark and you will move faster than other characters / players without setting off warden.

Was used here and there during the QIIIA days.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
border said:
Well entire zones are having the leveling ranges changed and geography radically altered, so obviously some old quests just won't work.

I think people are probably overestimating how much will be redone -- but it'll have to be more than a new skin on an old landscape. The people that think they are constructing 3000 new quests for Azeroth will certainly be disappointed. I suspect that mostly the result will be old quests but in more condensed areas -- instead of running halfway across the zone to kill furbolgs, then running to the other end of the zone to collect mushrooms.....the furbolgs and mushrooms will be in the same area. Shitholes like Desolace and Azshara will get more than 1 flight point.
My guess is 80+% of the 1-60 stuff in the game will be exactly the same as it is right now.

The fact that you occasionally get quests in say, STV to go to Hinterlands, is why I keep saying I won't level another character (read: I probably will)

moojito

They say they're revamping some of the starting zones (I guess a lot of people starting non-goblin/worgen characters would go there anyway, for the change). STV is getting the big overhaul, as is desolace, the barrens and azshara. Given how quickly you zip through the lower levels, even if they only make changes there, that'll be a massive chunk of your 1-60 levelling done differently.

Cipherr

Xabora said:
This is a throwback to the old system speed vs code bugs.

Some games when you reach a framerate of 300+ it runs slightly faster.
So turn everything down with a nice machine and break the 300 mark and you will move faster than other characters / players without setting off warden.

Was used here and there during the QIIIA days.

I remember that, but in Q3A I thought it was 125fps that allowed you to jump higher and move faster etc? I had no idea that 300+ had additional effects. I havent played in yeaaaaaars.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
moojito said:
They say they're revamping some of the starting zones (I guess a lot of people starting non-goblin/worgen characters would go there anyway, for the change). STV is getting the big overhaul, as is desolace, the barrens and azshara. Given how quickly you zip through the lower levels, even if they only make changes there, that'll be a massive chunk of your 1-60 levelling done differently.

Isn't 1-60 going to be 100% different no matter what in Cata?

Angry Grimace

moojito said:
That's definitely the information we have so far. I eagerly await any new sources of information angry grimace has for us!
I'd like to see even one post that makes the claim they are re-doing more than just a few parts of it; much less redoing any of the basic 1-60 leveling experience beyond 3 or 4 zones. I just don't think it's plausible to assume the entire game is going to be completely redone. Even if Ghostcrawler claimed they were doing that, I wouldn't believe him. That would require a massive amount of resources.

Anyone who really believes all of the 1-60 questing is going to be redone like BC/WLK is going to be pretty disappointed, I'm guessing. There's just so many quests in old world WoW I can't see them possibly doing that. My guess is, you'll see a new hub here and there, but nothing amazing.

I'd consider it a win if there's even one possible path you could take through the game where you could hit up 4 or 5 new questing hubs from 1-60, much less the 15 or so it takes to get to 58.

Xabora

Puncture said:
I remember that, but in Q3A I thought it was 125fps that allowed you to jump higher and move faster etc? I had no idea that 300+ had additional effects. I havent played in yeaaaaaars.
Well, 300+ also could crash and burn really hard too...

LAUGHTREY said:
Isn't 1-60 going to be 100% different no matter what in Cata?

Yep, almost all the old zones will be 5 levels worth of quests with some others being 10 complete levels.

Kalimdor_levelflow_blizzcon.jpg

I really like the idea of a leveling flow for the old zones.

Angry Grimace

HarryDemeanor said:
Yep, almost all the old zones will be 5 levels worth of quests with some others being 10 complete levels.

Kalimdor_levelflow_blizzcon.jpg

I really like the idea of a leveling flow for the old zones.
It depends on the quests though. The best thing they could do, IMO, would be to remove or change the requirements of quests that require constant zone traveling, and simply cause quest items to drop with WotLK frequency/reduce the number needed. Instead of Farming 20 Stingers that have a 10% drop rate; you farm 6 with a 35% drop rate, etc. THAT I can see being do-able. I'm looking at you Sithilus, i.e. worst zone ever.

In that map, the only ones that seem different are Feralas and 1000 Needles; and we knew they were changing both of those. Those other zones are identical to how they function now. The question is how much they change; are they going to just make the Feralas quests lower leveled? Or create full new quests?

Angry Grimace said:
It depends on the quests though. The best thing they could do, IMO, would be to remove or change the requirements of quests that require constant zone traveling, and simply cause quest items to drop with WotLK frequency/reduce the number needed. Instead of Farming 20 Stingers that have a 10% drop rate; you farm 6 with a 35% drop rate, etc. THAT I can see being do-able. I'm looking at you Sithilus, i.e. worst zone ever.

In that map, the only ones that seem different are Feralas and 1000 Needles; and we knew they were changing both of those. Those other zones are identical to how they function now. The question is how much they change; are they going to just make the Feralas quests lower leveled? Or create full new quests?

They will need to change each zone pretty significantly if they want each one to be able to give 3-4 levels.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
They will need to change each zone pretty significantly if they want each one to be able to give 3-4 levels.
Yeah, I'm not sure how 1000 Needles is listed as the only 40-45 zone on that map. That zone isn't even particularly large, regardless of how they spice it up.

traveler

Not Wario
My Gnomish pride stirs. Now is the time to resub, to take up my first toon, and to take back our city! FOR GNOMEREGAN!!!

Yeah, that music is alright.

Entropia

No One Remembers
arhra said:
Goddamnit, does Metzen have to take all the major male horde leader roles?

He's a mediocre actor at best, and has zero range. Vol'jin sounds like Thrall doing a bad troll impression.

That's Metzen? :lol

Narag

Scored the t10 gloves off voa25 tonight on my hunter much to the chagrin of the other two hunters in the raid. ML wasn't set and I beat them in a fair need before greed but still. Would've felt bad but I hadn't gotten shit from that place since it was only archavon and t7 gear.

Angry Grimace

As for the question about Frost DKs in Cataclysm: They are just going to make Strength based 1Hers. Although, my personal thought was that you could just allow full runeforging of Agility --> Strength and you wouldn't have to make a full new item set.

Shouta

Didn't really realize how odd/rare Arcturis is for a pet, I had a bunch of random folks gather around it the other day because they had never seen it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Shouta said:
Didn't really realize how odd/rare Arcturis is for a pet, I had a bunch of random folks gather around it the other day because they had never seen it.

Anyone with a spirit pet/who wanted a spirit pet probably had one by the time he came out, so few people have bothered camping his spawn.

Shouta

LAUGHTREY said:
Anyone with a spirit pet/who wanted a spirit pet probably had one by the time he came out, so few people have bothered camping his spawn.

True but I wasn't expecting the circus sideshow treatment.

Rapstah

If the Eastern Kingdoms one is correct, then they'll definitely have to completely remake everything in Arathi Highlands and Hinterlands because those zones are basically 7 levels higher now than they're in the picture.

Dunlop

After switching guilds, I finally managed to get some raiding done, Ony 10/25.VOA 10/25, OS 10/25

Should finally get to see ICC tonight. With my limited experience, I have to conclude that the GS pugs ask to run the above instances are fucking insane, they are quite easy and most of the 25 mans we ran was at least 50% puggers.

Question for any healers using Vuhdo, I have it setup to my liking for both my specs (addon is amazing), one problem I find is I need to still leave decursive on because at least half of the time diseases/debuffs appear at least 3 seconds faster in decursive and sometime when I have a large group of people who are debuffed it does not appear at all in Vuhdo.

Is config I should be using or is the fact I still have decursive on conflicting with Vuhdo?

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Its a shame you hardly ever see other leaders apart from Varian or Thrall do anything.

Has Cairne ever done anything apart from a quest to kill a level 9 Kodo.

mclem

Deacan said:
Its a shame you hardly ever see other leaders apart from Varian or Thrall do anything.

Sylvanas, of course, has a significant role in the ICC 5-mans. Magni doesn't do all that much himself (barring the tearful reunion scene in Storm Peaks), but he does tie into the whole Bronzebeard family storyline - not just Muradin and Brann, but also don't forget his daughter. I can't think of much the remainder of the Alliance leaders have done; Tyrande, Mekkatorque and... uh... the draenei one.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
mclem said:
Sylvanas, of course, has a significant role in the ICC 5-mans. Magni doesn't do all that much himself (barring the tearful reunion scene in Storm Peaks), but he does tie into the whole Bronzebeard family storyline - not just Muradin and Brann, but also don't forget his daughter. I can't think of much the remainder of the Alliance leaders have done; Tyrande, Mekkatorque and... uh... the draenei one.

Doesn't Valen purify the Sunwell after you beat back Kil'jaeden? That was a pretty pimp scene. Plus, he is in an homage to A New Hope man! :D

I know I said I wouldn't bother trying anymore, but I tried another normal Utgarde Keep and same result. =/ I picked up the rest of the Cobalt Set, ready to tank. Was running through things faster than before, but I was kicked because the healer didn't want to heal someone just starting out. A new tank's greatest enemy is now the players who...demand tanks. =/

Entropia

No One Remembers
Deacan said:

Cairne has done shit
Velen purified the Sunwell, as someone said
Mekkatorque and Vol'Jin are gonna get theirs soon when they retake Gnomer/Echo Isles
The Blood Elf Guy.. uh?
Magni is brothers with Brann and Muradin
Tyrande will I'm sure be more active in Cataclysm with Malfurion returning from the Emerald Dream

Flib

Kintaro said:
Doesn't Valen purify the Sunwell after you beat back Kil'jaeden? That was a pretty pimp scene. Plus, he is in an homage to A New Hope man! :D

I know I said I wouldn't bother trying anymore, but I tried another normal Utgarde Keep and same result. =/ I picked up the rest of the Cobalt Set, ready to tank. Was running through things faster than before, but I was kicked because the healer didn't want to heal someone just starting out. A new tank's greatest enemy is now the players who...demand tanks. =/

It's actually easier to tank at 80 than while leveling, because a lot of times you will have an undergeared healer who can't pull you through etc. At 80, if you have a geared healer with you, it doesn't really matter.

http://www.wow.com/2010/03/03/shifting-perspectives-tanks-and-the-barrier-to-entry/

firex

Supposedly they want to put enough stuff in with remaking old zones and quests in Cataclysm so you can do 1-58 on each continent without leaving. It's also a good chance to take all the old halfassed classic zones and give them more content, like they did with dustwallow marsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom