• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
ManaByte said:
There's too much downtime for a game in beta, not to mention one in retail.

It seems like they've been going down every single night lately.

I've had no problems on Dragonmaw.. Well of late I get disconnected at least once or twice in a 5h play session (especially in orgr) but beyond that, it's all good (I play, usually, from 5 pm to 1 am ET)

Just thought I'd post a random screenshot I took of my own character standing in front of a statue in the Raven Hill Cemetary...

WoW_Duskwood1.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Odd, Feathermoon is almost always up, I only get a disconnect once a week or so, and then just for a little bit of time. Definitely not something even worth noting to me :lol

Diablos

Umm... what level are you guys? I'm a lv 17 Night Elf Druid. I'd play but you guys have had the game longer than me, and would probably kill me in 2.2 seconds.

And another question. You can only play on one server at a time... but if I switch servers I can't access my Night Elf. What gives? I have to be doing something wrong.

Tamanon

Banned
Your character stays on the server you create it on, you can have 8 characters on each server. If you switch servers, you need to make a character on there also.

ManaByte

Tamanon said:
Your character stays on the server you create it on, you can have 8 characters on each server. If you switch servers, you need to make a character on there also.

You can have up to 10 characters per server.

Need some help from the WoW vets on a Quest...

I forget how to spell his name, but he used to be the School Master in Moonbrook. And you take a letter written by him to a guy in the Stormwind Canals, and he tells you that you can look through his stuff.
Where is the guy's stuff?

ToyMachine228 said:
Need some help from the WoW vets on a Quest...

I forget how to spell his name, but he used to be the School Master in Moonbrook. And you take a letter written by him to a guy in the Stormwind Canals, and he tells you that you can look through his stuff.
Where is the guy's stuff?

What's the quest name?

ToyMachine228 said:
I think it's Stalvan's Legend or something like that. It's definitely Stalvan something.

Courtesy of thottbot:

North West most building on moonbrook. on the floor near the raised area in the back of the room.

very easy to miss, color blends in well. sometimes has a "spirit" floating above or near it.

The bad part is it looks like a broken piece of furniture, which the room is littered with. A level 26 Forlorn Spirit will spawn as soon as you open the crate.

It seems to have a fairly long spawn (or else I came immediately after someone else and didn't notice them) but I had to wait at least 10 minutes.

And here's the link

Thottbot will not harm you. Thottbot is your friend.

krypt0nian said:
Courtesy of thottbot:

And here's the link

Thottbot will not harm you. Thottbot is your friend.

Haha I know it's not my friend, I just didn't think about it. I've only used it like once. Anyway, I found Stalvan's corpse and manor in Darkshire. That's sort of weird that his possessions are in Moonbrook...Well, the guy in Stormwind said that they were taken, so I guess not. Level 26 Forlorn Spirit...Well, I beat the Level 25 Forlord Spirit that spawns in the school house in Moon Brook, so it's worth a shot.

Thanks guys, you're the best.

Wow. Someone told me that Kharanos was under attack in Greymane, so I went to check it out...The lowest level I saw was a 37. Being a 22 Warrior I thought I might be able to do some damage this time around, but to no avail. I got pwned again.

OK, before I forget...Attention to anyone here at GAF who has a decent level character in the Greymane server...

I'm looking for a serious group to head into the Deadmines tomorrow to kill Van Cleefe. I'm a Level 22 Warrior, and I need a serious group to go in with me. All the groups I get in all think they can just renegade it and save each other's backs once in a while, but that's not the way it works.

Wanting to go in sometime tomorrow...Anyone game?

Ramirez

Damn,I just spent like half the day in MC,someone slap me :lol We did fuckin amazing though,took out Luci,mag,ghennas,garr, and gheddon all down on the first attempt and we only started groupin together (our first MC raid for the majority of us) a mere 3-4 weeks ago...

Shazzrah or whatever pwned us though,everyone was pretty restless and getting snappy by the time we got to him though,hehe.

ManaByte

Ramirez said:
Damn,I just spent like half the day in MC,someone slap me :lol We did fuckin amazing though,took out Luci,mag,ghennas,garr, and gheddon all down on the first attempt and we only started groupin together (our first MC raid for the majority of us) a mere 3-4 weeks ago...

Shazzrah or whatever pwned us though,everyone was pretty restless and getting snappy by the time we got to him though,hehe.

Low Red Moon dropped Rag on Feathermoon tonight.

Finally finished Van Cleef! The awards weren't that great...The xp was only 2600 which is high, but I expected more, but the feeling of finally finishing it...Worth every minute.

My guild spawned Ragnaros for the first time yesterday. We'd done it before while raiding as an alliance with other guilds, but this was the first time we've done it since going solo. It was so awesome, as I'd never seen him before.

I laughed so hard when domo summons rag only to get one shotted by him seconds later

Anyway here's a pretty cool shot I got of him:
rag2.jpg

Ryu

Shazzrah is pretty easy. Main tank holds him in the middile of Garr's chamber. Hunter uses pet to pull him. Priests are on dispel duty - shamans\paladins are main healers. Everyone fights with range. When someone grabs aggro and he teleports to them, make them run towards the center where the MT is with Shazzrah behind. At about 5%, warriors charge in and burn their 100% rage with executes (this helps if they start the fight in berserker stance as they can intercept and burn their executes faster that way). So long as hunters feign death constantly and mages\warlocks mix their nukes up with a few wand shots, it should be cake.

Ramirez

Yea,I don't know whats up with the Shazz fight,we skipped him yesterday and took Sulfuron and Golemegg out on the first try,come back to Shazz and he wtfpwns us 3 more times and we call it a day :lol

And we're using that strategy,it just seems his AE wipes out alot of people each time before the person is able to get him back to the middle,he'll like chase them and stop and AE a couple times before he'll go back =\

Oh well,next Arcanist piece belongs to me,that's all Im worried about >.>

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:
Yea,I don't know whats up with the Shazz fight,we skipped him yesterday and took Sulfuron and Golemegg out on the first try,come back to Shazz and he wtfpwns us 3 more times and we call it a day :lol

And we're using that strategy,it just seems his AE wipes out alot of people each time before the person is able to get him back to the middle,he'll like chase them and stop and AE a couple times before he'll go back =\

Oh well,next Arcanist piece belongs to me,that's all Im worried about >.>

Shazzrah:
1. Dispell Shazzrah's self buff. Either Priests or Shamans.
2. Semi Circle around Shazzrah (I don't think you guys pull him to Geddon's room to avoid Lava Packs)
3. Main Tank has the horrific job of chasing, taunting, whatevering Shazzrah when he teleports into the raid. Teleport is on a timer.
4. Don't have people group up.
5. Remove Shazzrah's vulnerability spell from raid group.

Collect your phat lewtz and move on.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Scoot said:
Shazzrah:
1. Dispell Shazzrah's self buff. Either Priests or Shamans.
2. Semi Circle around Shazzrah (I don't think you guys pull him to Geddon's room to avoid Lava Packs)
3. Main Tank has the horrific job of chasing, taunting, whatevering Shazzrah when he teleports into the raid. Teleport is on a timer.
4. Don't have people group up.
5. Remove Shazzrah's vulnerability spell from raid group.

Collect your phat lewtz and move on.
We usually keep an OOC rezzer for that fight. It's cheap, but it helps alot. I still say Mag and Shazzrah are the hardest bosses in MC (Rag excluded, and Domo too I guess)

Shazzrah is a piece of cake if your casters/healers aren't stupid fucks and don't run away or to the sides when Shazzrah teleports. I don't understand why casters run away in ANY group situation, in any part of the game, rather than towards the warrior. It just makes it way harder to Taunt the guy off of the caster, while there are absolutely 0 benefits to running away. I mean, I can understand the instinctual response to run, but after 60 levels, you should break the habit and learn to run to your tank.

LukeSmith

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
I don't understand why casters run away in ANY group situation, in any part of the game, rather than towards the warrior.

Quoted for motherfucking truth.
Casters who run away from the tank when they have aggro are morons.

Lucifron/Magmadar are harder than Domo/Ragnaros.

Domo is a joke.
Ragnaros is a joke, too. The reliance of Blizzard's design team on a single element for the Ragnaros fight make the fight with Ragnaros almost completely trivial. Sure, it's still the watermark for success, guilds can basically be divided into Who Has Killed Rag and Who Hasn't Killed Ragnaros even to date, but Rag is laughable.

Bullcrap. My guild has dropped Luci/Mag with 30 before. While I'll agree that Mag is fairly difficult if you have retarded hunters who can't cycle correctly or a warrior who can't keep him still, it's still a relatively simple(and long) encounter. Either way he's not harder than Domo/Rag. Lucifron on the other hand is a frickin joke.

Anyway in my opinion I think the order of difficulty goes something like Domo->Baron->Magmadar->Garr->Sulfuron->Shazzrah->Golemagg->Gehennas->Lucifron

I'm not really gonna add Rag since he's not really all that tough once you deck your raid out in fire resist gear.

AeroGod

ManaByte said:
Only two instance runs away from my Dreadsteed:

Dont get sucked into spending 250 gold for the materials to summon the bitch in DM West. Find a nice warlock who already has them and throw him a few gold to run it with you and summon him. TAKE THAT BLIZZARD, trying to take my gimp warlocks gold.

The bad thing about epic mount. It feels fast for like 15 seconds when you first use it, then you start to feel like you are still moving too slow. :p

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Yeah, but once you get used to it, it sucks to go back to alts due to how slow you move.

If you do pay for the mats to summon the dreadstead, make sure that at least one other warlock in your guild also has them. It gets really annoying having to run every other one of them through it since you are the only one of them with mats. Even worse since I don't take money from guildies like I would from other people.

Edit- One bonus is that it is a fun fight since you get to enslave a 60 elite that hits so fucking hard. For as much trouble we go through to summon a doomguard, it should be this powerful.

LukeSmith

Azwethinkweiz said:
Bullcrap. My guild has dropped Luci/Mag with 30 before. While I'll agree that Mag is fairly difficult if you have retarded hunters who can't cycle correctly or a warrior who can't keep him still, it's still a relatively simple(and long) encounter. Either way he's not harder than Domo/Rag. Lucifron on the other hand is a frickin joke.

Anyway in my opinion I think the order of difficulty goes something like Domo->Baron->Magmadar->Garr->Sulfuron->Shazzrah->Golemagg->Gehennas->Lucifron

I'm not really gonna add Rag since he's not really all that tough once you deck your raid out in fire resist gear.

Domo is a joke and made 100% trivial with the correct strategy.
Yes, a strategy, not an exploit.

Ragnaros 3.0 is a joke.

And I'll beat you to it: we're on Horde, so BoS isn't the trivializing factor.

Ryu

Agreed. When we fight domo, it's a miracle if his adds kill even ONE of us. Too easy.

Ragnaros 3.0 is a joke.

Don't agree with this -- yet. Only reason is because we have yet to do it and even then, Ragnaros doesn't kill us -- his Sons of flame do. Then again, we've tried him what, 3 times total? I'd like to hear your strat honestly. :)

Scoot said:

Ragnaros 3.0 is a joke.

And I'll beat you to it: we're on Horde, so BoS isn't the trivializing factor.

I can only assume the strategy you're referring to is the one where you pull a guard with a hunter and miraculously Domo doesn't move, leaving you to only have to fight his guards until the very end. I'm pretty sure that's an exploit. And I'm not saying he's difficult, I'm just saying he's more difficult than the other bosses in MC. Honestly if you want my opinion, all the serpent bosses + golemagg are insanely easy.

Ryu

Azwethinkweiz said:
I can only assume the strategy you're referring to is the one where you pull a guard with a hunter and miraculously Domo doesn't move, leaving you to only have to fight his guards until the very end. I'm pretty sure that's an exploit. And I'm not saying he's difficult, I'm just saying he's more difficult than the other bosses in MC. Honestly if you want my opinion, all the serpent bosses + golemagg are insanely easy.

No... You simply sheep the 4 healers, off tank the 4 elites, kill 1 elite, then kill each healer after that. Domo is kept busy by 3 off-tanks alternating taunts. Once the healers are down, go to work on each elite untile they're all dead. Bam. Done. It really isn't that difficult.

Azwethinkweiz said:
?? Domo is super easy without that glitch. I didn't even know about that. We have, at most, 5 deaths every fight.

All of the MC bosses are cake with a group that isn't dumb as bricks. We clear the whole thing in one night in under 6 hours. I'd say Magmadar is the hardest boss just because the Fear can randomize things up a bit and really throw off your strat if your healers/MT are off their game.

So I leave Darkshire last night, get a ways down the path, and look who I run into...

WoW_Stiches1.jpg

I'd never seen him before. I'm on my first WoW account, and I'm a Level 24 Human Warrior. Anyway, he dropped me in hits, and a lot of other people. He wandered the path to Darkshire for a good 20 minutes before some players finally banned together and killed him.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Good times in Darkshire. Enjoy it while you can - I never really found another section of the game that was as compelling as the Westfall-Darkshire-Redridge combo, but your mileage will hopefully vary.

Ramirez

Feralas/Ungoro>you.

The Plaguelands is the fuckin worst end game area in any game I've ever played though,Winterspring should have had a shitload of quests and been the main end area :p

Tamanon

Banned
I really enjoyed the Feralas/Tanaris/Hinterlands trilogy of zones, they had a lot of cool interconnecting quests that actually were advances. Although the trip to Hinterlands did take a while, eventually I just stayed bound there and used my Transporter to get back to Gadget:p

Baron and Magmadar are the cockblocks in MC. They aren't difficult by any means, but they certainly test whether or not your tank or raid sucks.

And domo is a fucking joke, strategy or not. We've done it with 34 people and 2 mages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom