• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interfectum

Flib said:
I always thought I'd have a problem with the shapeshifting thing, but the class is just too much fun that it doesn't bother me. Excited that Restos (my main spec) won't have to be in form in Cata, but I will shed a single solitary tear for my rotten broccoli form. I'm so used to it at this point.

I'm interested to see the Druid forms for the werewolf in Cata. That could tip the scales for me either way. Also, I will never be a dps caster as a Druid until they fix that retarded moonkin shit. :lol

Askani

So a guild mate was selling a Nobles Deck last night and I jumped on it. Will finally be getting a Darkmoon: Greatness card. I don't have a lot of raiding time and I figured I would definitely get use out of it until I get some drops. He sold it with a guild discount so I got it for about 1000 gold less than AH prices. Now I just need to wait for the Darkmoon Fair.

Debating one which trinket to get rid of though. I have Mirror of Truth and Bandit's Insignia currently. I think the Mirror of Truth is technically more DPS, but only if you are standing still and shooting for the entire effect time.

Flib said:
Go to your talents tab (press N), and you should see a tab on the right part of the window with a picture of your pet. That's the talent tree for your pet and where you train him.

Also, make sure your pet is out. If you have it dismissed or all your pets in the stable, the pet talents tab goes away.

y2dvd

Flib said:
You can't learn bite on your bear, and training has changed completely from the old days. Bears get swipe instead.

Go to your talents tab (press N), and you should see a tab on the right part of the window with a picture of your pet. That's the talent tree for your pet and where you train him.

Augh, all that research for nothing. :lol I wish those guides had a notable time stamp of sorts. Thanks for the info!

So I'm roaming around doing a quest and I see an opposing player with half life fighting some npc. I thought about taking him down but thought it wasn't fair with him being half life and plus I haven't really pvp yet, so I continue on with my quest. I run some distance and started attacking a npc in my path. All of a sudden, the rogue I ran by and another guy ganks me and kills me in no time!

A few minutes later, I revive in the same location. I move around with my ghost searching for them. Coast looks clear. I revive myself and try to continue with my quest. They were camping around the whole time and took me out again!

I guess this is something I'll have to get used to ain't it? :lol Can your ghost actually see the opposing player?

Wrekt

y2dvd said:
I guess this is something I'll have to get used to ain't it? :lol Can your ghost actually see the opposing player?
You can see them if they are near your corpse. 40ish yards away and you can no longer see them.

Interfectum

Some horde tried to kill me while questing one time, i ended up killing him and i spawn killed him for 20 minutes. eventually there was a flood of 80s all from the same guild... luckily it was at that moment that my dungeon finder dinged and i teleported away from the slaughter i was about to receive. :lol

mclem

Sebulon3k said:
Ugh finding a guild on my Prot warrior is proving to be one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had playing this game.

Been in 4 different guilds so far, sat out of ICC 25 so far in all of them. Not cause I'm not geared but because they all have Core tanks yet they recruit tanks then sit them when it's time for raids.

So annoying Pugging ICC 25 for a 3rd week in a row, Never going to see anything past Putricide 25 at this rate.

We do go the extra mile in our guild these days to make sure that any tanks we recruit are willing and able to go into another (generally DPS) spec if required.

On that note, I'm really hating Sindragosa and Putricide for being a return to a situation where we have a tank who basically does nothing until the final phase. We got our first Putricide kill just yesterday after nabbing a feral druid, since they seem to cope with that sort of situation the best.

United at last!

So I've had the Yogg one since August when we did our first Yogg-0 10m kill, but despite countless C'Thun kills at 60 I never managed to get a tentacle (only ever saw one drop). Did an AQ40 on a whim with four others last night, and now, after all these long years, they can finally play together! (no shared CD on the trinkets, double penetration woo)

united.jpg

Jrmint

Askani said:
Debating one which trinket to get rid of though. I have Mirror of Truth and Bandit's Insignia currently. I think the Mirror of Truth is technically more DPS, but only if you are standing still and shooting for the entire effect time.
Are you joking? The 90 strength or 90 agility you get alone is way more than the crit you get from the mirror, and that is before you get the proc from Greatness. Greatness card is still one of the best trinkets in the game even though it is ilvl 200, get rid of that mirror.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Sax Russel said:
United at last!

So I've had the Yogg one since August when we did our first Yogg-0 10m kill, but despite countless C'Thun kills at 60 I never managed to get a tentacle (only ever saw one drop). Did an AQ40 on a whim with four others last night, and now, after all these long years, they can finally play together! (no shared CD on the trinkets, double penetration woo)

http://home.windstream.net/kubek/united.jpg
That looks awesome. It would go down real well in Goldshire on the RP realms.

moojito

Skel said:
Are you joking? The 90 strength or 90 agility you get alone is way more than the crit you get from the mirror, and that is before you get the proc from Greatness. Greatness card is still one of the best trinkets in the game even though it is ilvl 200, get rid of that mirror.

I think he means he thinks the mirror is more dps than the bandit's insignia. I'm not so sure about that, though. Rawr will tell you which is better for you.

speedpop

The world needs a little more Druid tanks. Keep it up.

I've designated myself to a healer role, so I'm the slut that gets people in the guild quick random groups.

Jrmint

moojito said:
I think he means he thinks the mirror is more dps than the bandit's insignia. I'm not so sure about that, though. Rawr will tell you which is better for you.
I would still think the Insignia would be better, it is a constant 190 attack power, and the proc from that would outweigh the small chance for the mirror to proc.

Don't get me wrong, the mirror used to be great before people were clearing 25 Naxx, but there have been countless better trinkets.

Tamanon

Banned
Tanking as a druid is weird, it's actually easier at early levels(once you get swipe), but the main problem is that as you level up you don't get any real tools to help you position mobs. So while every other class is getting silences, ranged silences, defensive stuff. The bear just keeps on leveling. Makes some places *cough* Pit of Saron, Halls of Reflection *cough* absolute hell to tank.

moojito

I have all 4 tank classes geared up to icc level (maybe not the dk, but toc 10 certainly), and the trash mob positioning thing is a pain on them all. Frost dk, druid and warrior have big threat moves with a 360 degree radius (howling blast, swipe, thunderclap). The paladin big threat move hammer of righteousness needs you to be facing the enemy. The consecrate and the reflective damage stuff does its part, but won't hold mobs off strong aoe.

The bottom line is you have to do some shoogling about on all 4 classes to get mobs gathered round in front of you for max threat and mininum incoming damage. That's a core tanking skill that is down to the player, not the class. The recent change they made to mob pathing (ie now if you run sideways the mob will run with you almost straight away and not turn first) makes this positioning a lot more difficult. Bliz acknowledged a while back that it was bugged. I don't know if they fixed it or not yet.

speedpop

As a Druid healer being forced into random heroics by his dearest, I must say that I adore Paladin tanks and hate Death Knight tanks.

Jrmint

speedpop said:
As a Druid healer being forced into random heroics by his dearest, I must say that I adore Paladin tanks and hate Death Knight tanks.
Yea I've never liked Death Knight tanks. My druid healer is up to 71 now, and I feel like quitting group anytime I see a DK tank in randoms. There are a few good ones, but most of them are just DK's in random quest gear who have no idea what they're doing.

J-Rzez

Sax Russel said:
United at last!

:lol

That's some funny shit right there.

DK tanks are pretty weak now, I switched to DPS as it was more beneficial to progression for my guild, more productive that way. Maybe Cata will fix them though and I'll go back to it.

I have to say though, I noticed my server is getting pretty quiet anymore. Used to be packed with tons of stuff going on. Now though, people are seemingly getting pretty bored and not bothering playing. This isn't going to bode too well for the next half of the year+ until the xpac hits. :(

notworksafe

YuriLowell said:
So Im finally getting back into wow after being away for awhile. What server is everyone on gaf playing on?
Not sure if there is a GAF server, but you're more then welcome to join my guild on Area 52. There's a few GAF people in there and we're pretty relaxed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I haven't found that DKs necessarily are any worse as tanks beyond the fact that they seem to have threat scaling problems that the other classes don't.

Angry Grimace said:
I haven't found that DKs necessarily are any worse as tanks beyond the fact that they seem to have threat scaling problems that the other classes don't.

As a DK tank, I will say that I usually have to pull back on threat so that I'm not pulling aggro off the MT. That is, if I'm the OT.

Ferrio

Banned
Angry Grimace said:

The MT in my guild was a DK, he did very well tanking overall. He complains that a lot of DKs give dk tanks a bad rap.

J-Rzez

Ferrio said:
The MT in my guild was a DK, he did very well tanking overall. He complains that a lot of DKs give dk tanks a bad rap.

I MT/OT as blood for 3 waves of content, switched to DPS, but tanked 2 ICC runs when our other tanks couldn't make it. There's not a single doubt that DK tanks are far weaker than they were, and while OP in the beginning, they really nerfed them down to the bottom of the barrel. I was taking so much damage in ICC, and chill of the throne really was part of the reason to that as it left me in single digit dodge chance. So, take away that chunk of avoidance, no block, no hefty HP pool, it was very tough on the healers in there despite maximizing my cd's.

Threat is not a problem for DKs, especially on single target thanks to that Icy Touch in FP threat buff. If a DK would spam it, it'd be easy to pull aggro off of the MT. Only greedy hunters and mages blowing their shit, hitting a pack of mobs the same time a DK throws down DnD will they pull threat. And when they do, let them die for the morons they are.

markot

Banned
Yeah, dks just take more damage than the other tanks. Even with more dodge and parry, it doesnt make up for the lack of block. Not to mention warrior and pally have talents that increase block amount by quite alot that are usually up 99% of the time.

Druids just have more hp so its less noticeable.

Cipherr

Skel said:
Yea I've never liked Death Knight tanks. My druid healer is up to 71 now, and I feel like quitting group anytime I see a DK tank in randoms. There are a few good ones, but most of them are just DK's in random quest gear who have no idea what they're doing.

My prot pally is level 74 right now, and I freaking hate the dks. I was just getting to the point where the low level hunters were learning to turn off growl, dps wars and pallies stopped rolling on my tank gear, and then I hit level 58 and a brand new infusion of fucktard DK's infest every goddamn dungeon queue.

These ass hats are death gripping mobs off of me. I have to ask every other one of them to get the FUCK out of frost presence while dpsing, 90% of my drops get ninjad because even though it has defense and block rating on it, they want it for the strength.

None of these dumbasses know how to play, its freaking amazing.

Has anyone noticed how bad the crowd is that does arenas? I've only recently got into it but for the most part the people doing arenas are pricks. When we lose the other team will laugh and spit on you and teabag the person who died first, they also sometimes just sit around wasting time taunting you (thankfully we don't lose much).

It's just as anoying when you win though. If it's just a healer left alive they will just stall out the match for as long as possile, all the while they will be laughing and spitting trying to taunt you (even tough they just come off as sore losers). I am a healer and if my partner dies and i have no chance of winning i don't stall the other team i just let them have it instead of wasting both of our time.

Even worse are teams who when they know they can't win they will just stall even whilst they are both alive. One example was a hunter/pally who when they realised they couldn't win decided it would be more fun to just deliberately defend all game and not even try to win. They literally didn't attack they just ran off using CC and heals. Took us over 30 minutes to finally finish them off.

Than their are the people who after they lose will create characters to attempt to harrass you after the game is over.

I think the problem is made worse by the fact that i do 2 v 2 so it is a lot easier to stall.

I don't let it bother me, for the most part we tend to win so we get the last laugh. We are about to get to 1800 and i think we will just stop there. I'm hoping it's just because there are a lot of kids playing the game otherwise there are just a lot of dickheads playing the game.

Jrmint

Puncture said:
My prot pally is level 74 right now, and I freaking hate the dks. I was just getting to the point where the low level hunters were learning to turn off growl, dps wars and pallies stopped rolling on my tank gear, and then I hit level 58 and a brand new infusion of fucktard DK's infest every goddamn dungeon queue.

These ass hats are death gripping mobs off of me. I have to ask every other one of them to get the FUCK out of frost presence while dpsing, 90% of my drops get ninjad because even though it has defense and block rating on it, they want it for the strength.

None of these dumbasses know how to play, its freaking amazing.
Could not have said it better myself.

Admittedly, my first 80 was a DK, but I did my research to learn how to play, and that was also right after the expansion came out so everyone was learning.

But 2 years after the expansion has been out, there is no excuse for play that shitty, all DK's leveling up now, are just facerolls.

Fair point. I have had MT DK's a couple times in raid groups and they have been good at times. But the ratio of good DK tanks to terrible ones is very skewed.

I am hoping this change Blizz is making to Blood being the only tank tree makes it better.

I'm a dick. Whenever I see a DK tank assigned in random groups, I quit out. I'm not a bad lvl 60+ Holy Pala Healer, but I just can't put up with DKs and the player behind them. Its like they use being a DK as an excuse to be a total twat. Plus they take a lot of damage, don't wait for you to heal them to full health before pulling again and mana is just a waste of time...

Any GAF guild on Alliance Aggramar?

Tamanon

Banned
Chriswok said:
I'm a dick. Whenever I see a DK tank assigned in random groups, I quit out. I'm not a bad lvl 60+ Holy Pala Healer, but I just can't put up with DKs and the player behind them. Its like they use being a DK as an excuse to be a total twat. Plus they take a lot of damage, don't wait for you to heal them to full health before pulling again and mana is just a waste of time...

So you're a whiny healer then. At least when it comes to ragequitting because of a class of tank you don't like healing. Especially since you're the best equipped for that particular tanking style.

Tamanon said:
So you're a whiny healer then. At least when it comes to ragequitting because of a class of tank you don't like healing. Especially since you're the best equipped for that particular tanking style.

I already said I was a dick! You're not a DK tank are you? :lol

Jrmint

Chriswok said:

I've considered doing that in my groups as well, but I thought if you quit out it saddles you with a 15 minute debuff that you can't requeue?

DarkJC

Skel said:
I've considered doing that in my groups as well, but I thought if you quit out it saddles you with a 15 minute debuff that you can't requeue?

Yeah there's a 15 minute timer from being placed in a random that prevents you from queueing up.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I gotta say, fuck gear score.

Getting turned down simply because my gear doesn't have enchants is stupid. Most of the times I go to ICC I easily sit on top of the healing charts no problem, it's so fucking dumb not being able to get into a group because people only want the best possibly geared people. It's not even that my gear is bad, I'm in ICC10 gear and various T10.

/end rant

FLEABttn

Banned
vitaminwateryum said:
Getting turned down simply because my gear doesn't have enchants is stupid.

No, I'll side with the gear score people on that one. If you can't be bothered to get your gear enchanted, what else can't you be bothered with doing?

notworksafe

I'll side with the Gear Score people on this as well. Hell, Gear Score doesn't even take enchants into account (I think) so that's just people using their good judgement. I also wouldn't take someone without enchants into a raid I was running. It shows a lack of care on your part and I want this best people I can get, not just a guy who can't even be bothered to throw some cheap enchanting mats on his gear.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
vitaminwateryum said:

Getting turned down simply because my gear doesn't have enchants is stupid. Most of the times I go to ICC I easily sit on top of the healing charts no problem, it's so fucking dumb not being able to get into a group because people only want the best possibly geared people. It's not even that my gear is bad, I'm in ICC10 gear and various T10.

/end rant

That's not a gearscore thing. That's a common courtesy thing.

If you're missing enchants (which are now ridiculously cheap, it's impossible not to be able to afford them) then you might as well be walking around with 1 or 2 less pieces of gear.

Jrmint

vitaminwateryum said:

/end rant
Yea gotta agree with everyone else, enchant your gear man. It is not even that your gear is bad it just shows a lack of commitment to your class and playing at the top level. I wouldn't want that person in my raid either.

Enchants aren't the only thing. If you aren't using epic gems in your raiding gear, it is just as bad.

Skel said:
Yea gotta agree with everyone else, enchant your gear man. It is not even that your gear is bad it just shows a lack of commitment to your class and playing at the top level. I wouldn't want that person in my raid either.

Enchants aren't the only thing. If you aren't using epic gems in your raiding gear, it is just as bad.

Not entirely true. I don't use epic gems in my gear unless they're ilvl 245 or up. Those pieces are likely to be replaced soon and it's not worth 7-10 times the price for the 2-4 stats increase. But if you're running in ICC gear, that should be epic gemmed out.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I guess I should mention that most of my gear is enchanted and filled with epic gems, it's the one or two pieces that could be replaced easily in a ToC10/25 group that I don't want to waste money on, sure I'll throw a cheap gem in there or one I'll buy one with honor, but no way am I spending 150G+ on something that I can replace the next week.

Evlar

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
That's not a gearscore thing. That's a common courtesy thing.

If you're missing enchants (which are now ridiculously cheap, it's impossible not to be able to afford them) then you might as well be walking around with 1 or 2 less pieces of gear.
But if he's getting the job done...

Frankly, if I had a healer who could pull his weight while running around ICC naked I would keep him for the novelty of it, if nothing else. To kick someone for not having enchants, even though he's doing his job, is a pure expression of valuing stats over skills, which is an attitude that has always irritated me in MMOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom