• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

mana you have a link to where blizzard said why they didnt put the wolf in for taurens? id like to read it and i couldnt find it anywhere on the site.

ToyMachine228 said:
I'm new to the whole Battlegrounds thing...And I won a match at Warsong Gulch today, and I was transported to Ironforge. What the hell is that about? Is there any quick way to get back to Ashevale? Because if I have to start here every time I win, I don't want to win.

You can get into the queue from IF at the battlemaster. He is in the Military Ward. In theory you never have to go to Ashevale to get to WSG. When you are finished you are ported to where you entered the queue. Although you do have to go to the location of the BG to turn in the quests for BG.

ManaByte

Fularu said:
Weirdly enough, on Dragonmaw, if I lookin the game, I did 20k HP last week, but looking on the ladder (the web page with the rankings) it says I did close to 9.5k...

Fix it blizzz, I want to show my l33tness to my friends in France :p

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=4884076&s=blizzard&tmp=1#blizzard

The issue we discovered during the Honor tally process resulted in an incorrect collection of Honor points for the last 24 hours since the end of Tuesday’s maintenance and unfortunately, we're unable to properly tally the correct totals. As Tyren stated, we have addressed the issue so moving forward players will gain Honor points correctly.

Sucks to be you.

Joe said:
mana you have a link to where blizzard said why they didnt put the wolf in for taurens? id like to read it and i couldnt find it anywhere on the site.

Uh, the post is stickied on the forums:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=4866647&p=1&tmp=1#post4866647

OK - HELP!

Lvl55 dwarf rogue. I'm at a loss as to what armor I should be heading toward now. It looks like at this lvl, its either Stormshroud (I have the leggings) or Devilsaur.

Are the PVP sets worth anything at this lvl? Should I just suffer with my current crap (all around lvl50ish) until the lvl59-60 stuff is attainable?

I feel ok with my Searing Needle and Julie's Dagger right now, but my armor choices are making me spin.

HELP!?!?!?! :)

siege

Banned
After playing in Zul Gurab, I never want to do MC again. It's so much more fun, despite not having as good of loot.

Blizzard need to put more 20 man end-game instances in.

Ferrio

Banned
siege said:
After playing in Zul Gurab, I never want to do MC again. It's so much more fun, despite not having as good of loot.

Blizzard need to put more 20 man end-game instances in.

Dagger of hakkar rocks. Beats out the gutgore.

Ryu said:
Great friggin instance so far. Can't wait to take on Hakkar.

Yea, we knew what to do. I mean we fucking tried EVERYTHING else, so it was pretty obvious. Only reason we quit is cause 3 people already fell asleep at the computer and everyone else was dead tired too. Went back tonight, owned him and instead of advancing through the path we doubled back and went exploring. Found this totally awesome part with undead female trolls and their gnome slaves and an unending pit of dancing skeletons. The boss there is even crazier than the tiger one, and much more interesting (I'm biased though, I fucking loathe the tiger boss for being so lame). Has a shitload of crazy abilities. I mean wow.
2 healing totems, a mind control totem, a teleport, and invisible clones.

We didn't have very much time to throw at him, but we managed to come up with some workable strategies. Right now the fight is depending on either finding a way to extend the curse or possibly finding a way to damage them without the curse.

This dude and the bloodlord are tied for awesomeness, I hope the remaining two I think bosses are even better though.

That's one of the things though, as cool as the shorter timer on ZG is, it's gonna be kinda harsh learning it, as you only get 2 days to throw yourself at new bosses.

Oh yea and fuck MC. We had our domo/rag clear tonight before going back to ZG and it's pathetic how much more fun ZG is.

Ferrio

Banned
krypt0nian said:
OK - HELP!

Lvl55 dwarf rogue. I'm at a loss as to what armor I should be heading toward now. It looks like at this lvl, its either Stormshroud (I have the leggings) or Devilsaur.

Are the PVP sets worth anything at this lvl? Should I just suffer with my current crap (all around lvl50ish) until the lvl59-60 stuff is attainable?

I feel ok with my Searing Needle and Julie's Dagger right now, but my armor choices are making me spin.

Need to set yoursself on trying to get a Barman's Shanker if your going to be dagger rogue for awhile. I'd say the devilsaur set is way better than the stormshrould......

siege

Banned
krypt0nian said:
OK - HELP!

You want a Barman Shanker mainhand and a Bonescrapper offhand. Devilsaur set is the best gloves/legs you'll get until Nightslayer. Shadowcraft cap, Mark of Fordring, Wyrmtongue shoulders, Cape of the Black Baron, Cadaverous Armor, Bracers of the Eclipse, Frostbite girdle, Painweaver Band/Tarnished Elven Ring and Pads of the Dreadwolf to fill out the rest of your gear. You're pretty good to go from there.

SaitoH

Fought Jeklik again last night, after 13 gold in repair costs, no win. Our PUG had her down to a just the tinest bit of health 3 times, but her damn airstrikes kept bringing us down. I'll wait and see what happens over the next few weeks, but at this rate, I fear Zul'gurb is going to be deemed raiding guild only. If that's the case, I'm going to be very upset, because it's an awesome instance, and yet more content I won't be able to play.

Ferrio

Banned
Ya pugs aren't gonig to get very far in the instance. The bosses and even normal pulls are going to take a lot more coordination than a pick up group is going to have.

Beer spiders rule by the way.

I know your pain Saito. Our guild is small, and if that wasn't bad enough, we just lost our only level 60 priest (who from what I understand was power leveled by the guild before I started) to a bigger guild. Im 2 bubbles away from being the only 60 rogue in the guild (and yes, I started the rogue out of necessity.)

In short, my guild sucks, but they're a lot of my rl friends so I'm sticking with them.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
We tried the same boss Son of Godzilla with no sucess.
We tried draining his mana in the hopes that would prevent totems from being put down, but that didn't seem to have any effect on them. Our main probelm is our healers are being owned by the ghosts. I would reccomend having the hunter pets out and set on defensive. They seem to be able to attack the ghosts even when you can't see them.

Ramirez

So far my guild has took down the bat,snake, and raptor boss...as someone else said,this blows MC out of the water as far as fun,IMO.

Ferrio said:
Need to set yoursself on trying to get a Barman's Shanker if your going to be dagger rogue for awhile. I'd say the devilsaur set is way better than the stormshrould......

siege said:
You want a Barman Shanker mainhand and a Bonescrapper offhand. Devilsaur set is the best gloves/legs you'll get until Nightslayer. Shadowcraft cap, Mark of Fordring, Wyrmtongue shoulders, Cape of the Black Baron, Cadaverous Armor, Bracers of the Eclipse, Frostbite girdle, Painweaver Band/Tarnished Elven Ring and Pads of the Dreadwolf to fill out the rest of your gear. You're pretty good to go from there.

OK that helped immensely. Thanks

SaitoH said:
Fought Jeklik again last night, after 13 gold in repair costs, no win. Our PUG had her down to a just the tinest bit of health 3 times, but her damn airstrikes kept bringing us down. I'll wait and see what happens over the next few weeks, but at this rate, I fear Zul'gurb is going to be deemed raiding guild only. If that's the case, I'm going to be very upset, because it's an awesome instance, and yet more content I won't be able to play.
What's so hard about getting into a bigger guild? They're big because they take anyone with a clue. It's not like you'll have a hard time finding your current guild friends in-game with a Friends List or a custom chat channel if your guild is too small to even do ZG.

LukeSmith

ZG is a nice instance, if a bit simple. I think there is an abundance of trash mobs that get a little tedious. There are a couple of interesting curveballs with some of the trash packs in the instances second half. I play a Shaman and we basically judge the difficulty of the instance in whether or not I have to heal or if I'm doing damage (21ele/30rest).

One of our guild's groups cleared the Panther boss.
My group has cleared to the Panther boss, but we killed an additional boss on the way there that requires some additional reagants.

I played ZG on test some, and it seems the difficulty has been reduced significantly. The spider boss was an incredible challenge on test and sort of just relented for us on Live. Though it could be that on Test we were in a PuG, which the instance is unfortunately not designed for.

In so far as where the instance "fits" in WoW. I think the difficulty is tuned pretty well. Groups in full UBRS gear will have to use ZG to gear up to progress while simultaneously beginning to run Core -- the difficulty is tuned for that level of equipment (the best blues available, et cetera).

The fight's are more complex and scripted than the stuff in Molten Core, and take a try or a 1/3 of a try to figure out. We forced a wipe on the Tiger Boss because we brought them down incorrectly the first time, and otherwise it was pretty smooth sailing to the Panther boss. I screened my Combat Log and noted some shit, so I'd expect when we get back to her, we'll finish her, and move on to the Hexxar and the underwater thing, and ultimately Hakkar. Good instance, glad people seem to be enjoying it. Trasher, you should've waited to come with us, douchebag. :p

SaitoH

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
What's so hard about getting into a bigger guild? They're big because they take anyone with a clue. It's not like you'll have a hard time finding your current guild friends in-game with a Friends List or a custom chat channel if your guild is too small to even do ZG.

It's not hard, but I enjoy WoW because it's casual friendly, and frankly I'm not interested in joining a large raiding guild. I don't mind PUGs, and I can accept that I don't get to go to BWL, MC and Onyxia, I just hope/want Zul'gurub to be something accessible to me.

Required roles and time constraints. Speshy's in the same boat we are; back in May, we had 10 60's with 7 more on the way; plans for 3 or 4 instances of the week (plus DIRE MAUL) had me feeling great logging in. Then, one of our oldest WoW members got snookered into an uber guild, cheesing off 3 of his real-life friends who never felt like logging on for months afterwards, (who eventually rolled on another server for the clean slate), and getting some of the rest of us to take the summer, or parts of it anyways, off. I hear from him occasionally; he's had to practically shelve his PvP rogue to be on his full Holy/Disc Priest 6 days a week for scheduled nightly raiding. MC night, BWL night, ZG night, UBRS night, OL night, AV/AB night, etc. It's wierd to actually SEE him or talk with him any more; he's that busy.

It's just not what we're about, (I hate even ordering Strath runs), although we're skilled enough to do MC-level stuff provided we land more gear and 12 more people, (also) with a clue, (but also without gruesome time constraints). :)

Zaptruder

Banned
Ok GAFers, give us your ZG boss strategies.

First and Second boss we're pretty down pat on.

Spider and Raptor bosses, no dice yet.

Here's what I know.

First boss = Gargoyle lady.
1. Starts off as gargoyle, nothing special, just keep hitting.
2. Changes into a priestess and heals herself even if she has the tiniest bit off mana left. Keep her mana drained, before even getting into this phase.
3. About 1/3rd life, bat bombers come in and throw some very nasty firebombs at you. It's kinda like gas in that it stays on the ground for a while and does 900 damage per tick.
Make sure everyone is aware and get out of it as soon as you get hit.
Also keep healing up, use bandages if necessary, as the bombs will do good damage on initial impact.
4. Win.

Second boss = snake guy.
1. Starts with 4 elite snakes around him; kill them first.
2. He has AOE heal, so keep him away from the snakes; preferably with one tank in a corner and some healers looking after him.
3. He has a nasty AOE holy or some such that hits for 2-5k. Uses it once. Watch out for it. It should be during the inital pull, so get him in a corner fast.
4. sheep the snakes and kill them one by one.
5. He has 2 forms; his priest form and a snake form. He's deadly as a snake, so DPS slow until he changes form, then DPS fast.
6. He leaves clouds of gas around as snake form, similar to the fire bombs in damage. Make sure melee keep aware of what's happening.
7. Win.

Third boss = spider lady.
1. Changes forms at will, unlike previous 2 bosses. First form is priestess form; brings adds in this form. Second form is spider bitch form, where she has an AOE web that also silences.
2. Keep casters away and damage dealers bunched up.
3. Keep mage and caster aggro low.
4. If you're alliance, keep blessing of freedom on main tank.
5. Has spider adds that quickly grow from small to big. Starts of with 4-5 of them, and adds one every so often. Kill these quickly.

Haven't defeated spider bitch yet, but got her down halfwayish.

Fourth boss = raptor riding boss.
1. Has pet raptor and himself
2. Has AOE fear (clear area first)
3. Is triggered by the death of the speaker.
4. When pet raptor dies, he goes into perma rage mode. Bad, but having a tank off tank raptor and healer look after him is also bad.
5. There are ghost ressers around that res anyone that dies. Sounds good? Everytime someone accepts a ghost res, the raptor guy has a good chance of leveling up. You'll notice that he gets fucking huge quickly if not careful.
6. He has a whirlwind attack; the animation plays, after a second or two cleave damage is dealt out. When the animation starts, its the cue for everyone but tanks to back off, and to stop doing anything; the whirlwind resets aggro, so let the tanks aggro up for a couple seconds after each whirlwind.
7. He speaks your name. No really, he speaks the name of an individual; He says: "<Name> I'm watching you."
During this time that person has to cease all activities including moving, less they recieve a one hit KO charge. It lasts 4-5 seconds, and is apparent when a pair of eyes icons appear in the debuff area.

Haven't beaten him either... got him down to 25% before he got too big and all our equips turned red.

5th boss: Panther boss

1. ???

6th boss: Hakkar

1. ???

Ramirez

Pretty sure the Raptor guy dings when he kills you...key to the fight is to try and die as little as possible :lol Think we beat him on the 2nd try,he's not hard if you can manage to not have many deaths.

Cimarron

I just picked up world of warcraft today and I'm about to start up a new character. Is there any classes that i should avoid picking. and what i mean by that is that in MMORPG there are certain race/class combo's that your adventurer party always seem to avoid like the plague what are these in WOW? I liked playing as a paladin in FFXI because of the tanking and healing whats the closest class i could get to that in here? Basically I want to be able to take a hit and have some nice non tank exclusive abilities to mix things up rather than being a damage sponge all the time. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Cimarron said:
I just picked up world of warcraft today and I'm about to start up a new character. Is there any classes that i should avoid picking. and what i mean by that is that in MMORPG there are certain race/class combo's that your adventurer party always seem to avoid like the plague what are these in WOW? I liked playing as a paladin in FFXI because of the tanking and healing whats the closest class i could get to that in here? Basically I want to be able to take a hit and have some nice non tank exclusive abilities to mix things up rather than being a damage sponge all the time. Any thoughts? Thanks!

By the sounds of it you'll want to be a Warrior (The most physically strong and tanking) or a Paladin (Physical strong and can also heal).

Cimarron said:

Go Paladin.

Who's surprised that he wanted to make a Night Elf? Raise your hands.

I'd also not recommend choosing a Paladin as your first character... they're rather boring late game, and you won't actually do any tanking in big raids, you'll be a secondary healer/cleanser. I'd recommend going Druid... you can turn into a bear to tank at any time. While 90% of groups will want you to be healer instead of tank, you can always be a bear when you solo and turn human at any moment to heal yourself. More fun than Paladin.

Cimarron

"Who's surprised that he wanted to make a Night Elf? Raise your hands"

Har har... I usually like to play halfling type characters but gnomes in this game just look a a cute poor mans dwarf. I did start a druid it seems kinda nice. How are hunters?

Zaptruder

Banned
Cimarron said:
"Who's surprised that he wanted to make a Night Elf? Raise your hands"

Har har... I usually like to play halfling type characters but gnomes in this game just look a a cute poor mans dwarf. I did start a druid it seems kinda nice. How are hunters?

Night Elf hunters are completely overpopulated, owing to their ease of levelling, and general good looks. No joke.

If you want competition in a relatively undesirable party class end game, then by all means play a NE hunter. or just plain hunter.

But before you get to end game, they're really pretty fun solo classes to play... but be warned; the game sucks you in, so even if you don't think you'll want to play end game, things may turn out that you will end up been another bitter hunter anyway.

Or you could just drop things at level 30 having enjoyed a little of what WoW is about.

Cimarron

So NE druid is a good pick if I want to be able to solo a bit and still not be avoided like the plague when I want to party? I play MMORPG for the social aspect but I DO like to go solo every once and a while.

The big three are Warriors, Priests and Mages. They're the three most defined classes, with very powerful group roles, and they're all pretty low population because most people would rather make hybrid classes and be a master at nothing for some reason. Those three classes have no problems finding groups or soloing (priests can go all Shadow in this game and make themselves powerful soloing machines, at the cost of their healing power).

Because priests are hard to find, many, many groups will turn to Druids for their main healer. Druids are just as powerful as priests when it comes to healing, in my opinion, but the only reason priests are in higher demand is because druids can only resurrect once every 30 minutes, while priests can do it as much as they want.

If you pick a Hunter or Rogue, especially Night Elf ones, prepare to be very lonely. NE Hunters and Rogues are fucking EVERYWHERE, and Hunters especially have no real class role and always have trouble finding groups. Rogues are always good for groups, but there's so goddamn many of them that you have to pretty much start your own groups 90% of the time to even get one. However, if you love soloing your whole game, rogues and hunters are the absolute best at it.

Cimarron

So basically as a Druid I will be able to solo pretty well but in groups I will be the backup/ bitch-gimp healer? er... no thanks. Methinks I will go NE mage. I had enough of being a frickin healer in PSO. Damn hunters piss me off hollering for me to heal & buff thier monkey asses while they grab all the goodies. Nukes a AWAY! Thanks for the advice. :D

Cimarron said:
So basically as a Druid I will be able to solo pretty well but in groups I will be the backup/ bitch-gimp healer? er... no thanks. Methinks I will go NE mage. I had enough of being a frickin healer in PSO. Damn hunters piss me off hollering for me to heal & buff thier monkey asses while they grab all the goodies. Nukes a AWAY! Thanks for the advice. :D
I'm wondering what your reasoning is for going NE Mage. Are you really this hard on for Night Elves? The current WOW Census shows that NE make up 36% of the Alliance, just below 37% for human, and really, most people see someone's choice of "Night Elf" or "Rogue" as an idiot detector. I know my guild does, and it's so accurate. I'm not even sure NE's can be mages, actually.

A gnome mage would be worlds better, because of the gnome's racial ability to escape stuns, boost to Intellect, and resistance to Arcane.

siege

Banned
Night Elves can't be Mages. I never really understood the attraction to NE's - they're pretty ugly looking in my opinion, but half of the damn population plays them.

Cimarron

"I'm wondering what your reasoning is for going NE Mage."

Well given the fact that being a human is boring. (After all I AM a human why be the same thing in a game) Also I never did like gnomes or dwarves. I also want to be part of the Alliance so NE is the natural choice for me. I'm not really a elf fan boy if you are really wondering. When I use to play DAOC I never played them. I played Firbolgs and lurikeens. I like halfling like characters. Tasselhoff Burfoot caused me to fall in love with them. So if you are genuinely curious as to my reasoning then there you go! But if your question is an elitist passive aggressive jibe..... FUX00rs J00z!!!! :lol

"Night Elves can't be Mages"

:( damn! Now I have to think about what type of character I want to be again. *sigh*

I just got my Level 28 :) Thought I head to Arathi Basin for the first time ever to celebrate...Waited for an hour and never got in. What the hell. I did manage to go into the Black Fathom Deeps Instance for the first time though, and finished Researching the Corruption.

Because priests are hard to find, many, many groups will turn to Druids for their main healer. Druids are just as powerful as priests when it comes to healing, in my opinion, but the only reason priests are in higher demand is because druids can only resurrect once every 30 minutes, while priests can do it as much as they want.

power word shield and flash heals and Fade is why priests are better healers than druids.

3.5 second healing touches can be teh Sux sometimes.

SaitoH

I don't understand why NE are hated so much. Everyone needs to accept that NE are a very popular race and that's not going to change. Besides, I know tons of excellent NE players, so that whole NE = noob crap is just that ... crap. Let people play what race they want.

(Can't be a NE mage though >_> )

And yes, as a druid you'll be asked to be healer more than anything. Druids are a cool class, but there are never enough healers to go around, so you'll always be wanted to fill that role. Rogues and Hunters are very fun classes, but very common.

Up to you though ... play what class you enjoy. You'll be spending around 20 days play time to get to 60, so best enjoy the class you are playing.

^_~

ManaByte

I like the Hakkar model:
hakkar0vw.jpg

Man that orb quest for Warlocks at level 36 is a real stick in the ass. I used the orb, didnt know they'd summon a level 40 ELITE and got him down to 1/4 and died, timer ran out and orb is gone. So I have to run all the way back to desolace to get another. Sigh. This better be good. Travelling between Desloace and Dustwallow is lame.

LukeSmith

Zaptruder said:
Ok GAFers, give us your ZG boss strategies.

First and Second boss we're pretty down pat on.

Spider and Raptor bosses, no dice yet.

Here's what I know.

First boss = Gargoyle lady.
1. Starts off as gargoyle, nothing special, just keep hitting.
2. Changes into a priestess and heals herself even if she has the tiniest bit off mana left. Keep her mana drained, before even getting into this phase.
3. About 1/3rd life, bat bombers come in and throw some very nasty firebombs at you. It's kinda like gas in that it stays on the ground for a while and does 900 damage per tick.
Make sure everyone is aware and get out of it as soon as you get hit.
Also keep healing up, use bandages if necessary, as the bombs will do good damage on initial impact.
4. Win.

Second boss = snake guy.
1. Starts with 4 elite snakes around him; kill them first.
2. He has AOE heal, so keep him away from the snakes; preferably with one tank in a corner and some healers looking after him.
3. He has a nasty AOE holy or some such that hits for 2-5k. Uses it once. Watch out for it. It should be during the inital pull, so get him in a corner fast.
4. sheep the snakes and kill them one by one.
5. He has 2 forms; his priest form and a snake form. He's deadly as a snake, so DPS slow until he changes form, then DPS fast.
6. He leaves clouds of gas around as snake form, similar to the fire bombs in damage. Make sure melee keep aware of what's happening.
7. Win.

Third boss = spider lady.
1. Changes forms at will, unlike previous 2 bosses. First form is priestess form; brings adds in this form. Second form is spider bitch form, where she has an AOE web that also silences.
2. Keep casters away and damage dealers bunched up.
3. Keep mage and caster aggro low.
4. If you're alliance, keep blessing of freedom on main tank.
5. Has spider adds that quickly grow from small to big. Starts of with 4-5 of them, and adds one every so often. Kill these quickly.

Haven't defeated spider bitch yet, but got her down halfwayish.

Fourth boss = raptor riding boss.
1. Has pet raptor and himself
2. Has AOE fear (clear area first)
3. Is triggered by the death of the speaker.
4. When pet raptor dies, he goes into perma rage mode. Bad, but having a tank off tank raptor and healer look after him is also bad.
5. There are ghost ressers around that res anyone that dies. Sounds good? Everytime someone accepts a ghost res, the raptor guy has a good chance of leveling up. You'll notice that he gets fucking huge quickly if not careful.
6. He has a whirlwind attack; the animation plays, after a second or two cleave damage is dealt out. When the animation starts, its the cue for everyone but tanks to back off, and to stop doing anything; the whirlwind resets aggro, so let the tanks aggro up for a couple seconds after each whirlwind.
7. He speaks your name. No really, he speaks the name of an individual; He says: "<Name> I'm watching you."
During this time that person has to cease all activities including moving, less they recieve a one hit KO charge. It lasts 4-5 seconds, and is apparent when a pair of eyes icons appear in the debuff area.

Haven't beaten him either... got him down to 25% before he got too big and all our equips turned red.

5th boss: Panther boss

1. ???

6th boss: Hakkar

1. ???

After Bloodlord the boss order is:

The Tiger Aspect

The Panther Aspect

Jin'Do the Hexxer*

Gahz'Ranka (sp)*

Hakkar

The asterisked bosses are extra and not required to weaken Hakkar into a killable state.
I don't want to ruin the tricks for each boss. Let alone the tons of gold in repairs we've spent this week.

Ramirez said:
Regrowth (I think thats the name) ftw!

Regrowth is great but i think you are misunderstanding my point.

The reason I brought up flash heals (knowing druids have regrowth cause My main is a druid) is cause regrowth costs over 740 mana while Flash heal costs 380 mana.

So...Flash heal ftw.

Priests imo are better healers than us. No problem with that. They are suppossed to be imo.

Cimarron

Is there anyway to get this game to support a control pad for movement? I liked the fact in FFXI I could use a control for long sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom