• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrath of the Lamb |OT| A Binding of Isaac Expansion

Volcynika

I love the game but might wait a bit for the little issues to be polished up. The new music I heard sounds great though.

Haunted

Yeah, I might take a break now, see if a patch is announced or something. Lots of little glitches and one major one. But I loved what I played of it so far.

It's more Isaac!

remist

I see the main game is just 2 dollars. Should I just pick that up and play it through or is the expansion add enough to be worth with all the bugs being reported?

kami_sama

Thanks, I suppose I'll just keep wait to see if the developer actually decides to put it on PSN.
With a free program you can play it as if you were playing it on console. I don't know why you don't try it.

I see the main game is just 2 dollars. Should I just pick that up and play it through or is the expansion add enough to be worth with all the bugs being reported?
I think the expansion is well worth it, even with the bugs. I played it for almost 2 hours and I didn't encounter any gamebreaking bugs. Only graphical glitches.

Dineren

Banned

I don't know about the expansion, but the main game is a steal at $2. You need it for the expansion anyway so you might as well buy that now and pick up the expansion after it's patched

Eldon

Just buy the main game. It's really worth the price and you can begin to know the items and the enemies.

remist

I don't know about the expansion, but the main game is a steal at $2. You need it for the expansion anyway so you might as well buy that now and pick up the expansion after it's patched

Yea I'm definitely in for the main game, I'm just wondering If I should get the expansion because I hear you can't change back to vanilla once you buy the expansion.

Volcynika

Yea I'm definitely in for the main game, I'm just wondering If I should get the expansion because I hear you can't change back to vanilla once you buy the expansion.

Well expansion isn't on a timed sale, so check out the base game and go from there.

Haunted

Honestly, I forgot those programs even exists lol. I even have one on my computer... Thanks for reminding me!
:D

I'm playing with a 360 controller only, works like a charm. The controls aren't changed from the main game.

flowsnake

Some of the new items seem too common. Not to mention unbalanced, but I guess that's par for the course.

Those spiders are the most annoying enemies to me now with their horrible erratic movement...

I'm still missing a few items for whatever the "all items" achievement was in the base game?

I'm guessing this would make that harder to get? Or can the DLC be turned off and on?

I might wait until I get Golden God before I buy the new stuff, actually. I'm SO close anyway.

Paprikka

Awesome, been waiting for this. Bought and will try it out as soon as I manage to copy over my save data to my new computer.

Man people are really quibbling over £2? Really? That's only slightly more than a red bull! And this won't turn in to piss after 45 minutes.

Acerac

Banned
Maggie down, and
Samson unlocked
. Seems it is much easier to use her than pre-expansion. A lot of fun stuff you can do with health that you couldn't do previously.

Amagon

Just downloaded the expansion and beaten it on my first run through. It was a fucking miracle. Going back to play some more!

So good!

Salsa

first run so far

8oYkG.png

loving all the new stuff

Acerac

Banned
He does. Did you do a challenge before that game? There seems to be a glitch that turns normal games into the last challenge game you played.

That might have been what happened. I had selected a challenge to play around with for 10 seconds before starting my Cain game. I had thought I had exited though beforehand, and I did 2 Cain playthroughs to at least the depths and didn't see anything... oh well. Glitches happen.

Salsa

... aaand right before defeating
Isaac
, sister maggie joined.

O9VO3.png

That was pretty damn awesome and unexpected. Loved that new area.

remist

This is my first time playing Isaac and I'm liking it. I've done 7 or 8 runs and I'm wondering if I should start going to faq's/wiki's for some tips or should I just keep playing blind? Is there tricks and info that I'm not likely to find on my own?

Top Bottom