• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Implying Roman wins because it's the chosen one? Was not the same for Taker until now? Winning because it's Taker?

Yeah but Taker is 100 years old. It didn't require nuts of any kind to put Roman over. Roman's going over everybody. Forever.

The thing I can totally say about Reigns is that I love seeing the guy lose or get fucked over at this point. The underdog and constant wins are frustrating as hell sure but it means I'll always root hard for the other guy. Which will hopefully pay off sometime.

iYSv43i.jpg

Dazzler

Can't wait for the "The fans are having fun! They're booing the people they're supposed to cheer, and cheering the people they're supposed to boo!" line

Shows up like CLOCKWORK around this time of year

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The thing I can totally say about Reigns is that I love seeing the guy lose or get fucked over at this point. The underdog and constant wins are frustrating as hell sure but it means I'll always root hard for the other guy. Which will hopefully pay off sometime.

It took how many years until we sort of got that pay off with Cena?

I wouldn't mind taking this approach if it actually paid off once in awhile.

Mania 33 was the worst Wrestlemania since 29. The only standout moments were The Hardyz, AJ and the short but sweet Goldberg vs Brock match. The RAW women's match was good but felt rushed.

Mania 33 was the worst Wrestlemania since 29. The only standout moments were The Hardyz, AJ and the short but sweet Goldberg vs Brock match. The RAW women's match was good but felt rushed.

Really? I thought 33 was a lot better than 31 and 32, which were both pretty dismal by comparison.

Roman should have become the undertaker. When Roman went for the pin, the lights should have cut and came back in with him looking possessed wearing the jacket and hat.

yuraya

It all went downhill once HHH and Rollins had to go 25 minutes.

In an unsanctioned match.

HHH only wrestles once a year basically so I kind of give that match a pass. But yea next year Vince just needs to mandate that no match goes over 15 minutes unless its title match or main event. That way you could do 10-12 match card and don't go over 4hrs. 5 hrs is just too much. Lesnar and Goldberg (2 of the most explosive guys ever) had to inject the crowd with whatever energy was left in that event. If it wasn't for that match the last hour of that show have been some of the worst and most boring wrestling ever.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
31 was at least memorable. The ending with Rollins made me legit excited to watch raw, and had some of that really dumb stuff like Rusev's tank and HHH terminator entrances that was sorely lacking at 33.

There's no way I remember anything about 33 a year from now. A lot of good matches, but nothing very surprising happened.

cordy

Banned
Gonna say it again...

- Reigns is gonna come out and say something about Taker and what he had to do
- Fans will hate it
- Someone will return/debut and lay out Reigns
- WWE will look over the fact Reigns retired Taker and we'll immediately get into this new feud and fans will just take it like always

Classic "Roman Reigns beat a guy we like" shit.

norm9

Gonna say it again...

- Fans will hate it
- WWE will look over the fact Reigns retired Taker and we'll immediately get into this new feud and fans will just take it like always

Roman should just be the new Legend Killer. Take out Kane next. Then Big Show. Then Triple H.

I know, right? That shot is a really good shot plus Roman looks like such a solid villain there.

It's the hair. It's so beautiful. He's like some rich upper class kind of Disney bad guy.

His NXT "Big watch" thing really suited him actually.

Sami's stuck with the unfortunate booking of WWE trying to book a Daniel Bryan-like underdog.

I dont think WWE is consciously trying to book Sami as a Bryan type.

They are just shitting on him because they can. They see him like Cesaro-- a guy who is really good and has good fan support, but that is used against him to make other guys look credible. Soon it keeps eroding away at him until the fans don't care anymore.

So basically, Ziggler.

A guy like Sami can do so much better around the world, and then can come back so that WWE can piggyback off the success.

Branson

I'm already burnt out on Wrestling but I'm going to try to get through RAW and Smackdown. Fuck I need like a month break after Mania it feels like.

Y'all need to stop dissing WM 31

It was legit great marks

31 was alright. The Triple H/Sting match was a fun mess, but Hunter winning made no sense. The Seth/Orton match was okay with a spectacular ending. The main event was great and the ending was even better. The ladder match was good to open. The Bray/Taker match was bad. The battle royal was bad. The women's match was bad.

I don't know that I would say it had any really great matches though. It was a completely okay show.

Hex

Banned
Gonna say it again...

- Fans will hate it

LOL Kane

Hex

Banned
I kind of dont even want to hear Paul Heyman tonight.

That is what is going to suck now.
EVEN MORE BROCK and MORE HEYMAN.
Or at least Heyman talking and Brock doing the Biff Tannen snicker because he still can't believe that it is possible to string do many words together than are not monosyllabic.
And then looking vacant as he tries to understand what monosyllabic means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom