• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WWE are like a bad Football Manager player. Selling stars and then buying them back a few years down the line for more money. What let Drew go just to sign him again?
He was floundering in WWE, made himself a god on the UK scene, and he can easily slot into NXT as a main eventer.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
WWE are like a bad Football Manager player. Selling stars and then buying them back a few years down the line for more money. What let Drew go just to sign him again?

Drew did good work to build himself back up on TNA and the indie british scene. he has cred and is a more valuable commodity now than when he left.

GunBR

We gonna have some call ups to the main roster after Mania, so they need new people for NXT

He was really, really damaged goods because they had him in 3MB so long. He left, went on the indies and got a really great reputation, and now he comes back to the hot NXT brand as a star. Then after a time in NXT as a star, he comes up to the main roster with a new gimmick and new rep.

kiguel182

WWE is terrible at managing talent. They have to go away, become good due to creative freedom, and then come back.

They waste more talented guys that anyone.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Guessing this will be the same rowdy crowd for Raw and Smackdown

Wrestlemania gets drowned out a lot due to so many people there

Calderc

WWE is terrible at managing talent. They have to go away, become good due to creative freedom, and then come back.

They waste more talented guys that anyone.

Damn at the amount of replies haha.

That was kinda what I was getting at, I take it they no longer build peolple up the way they did in the Attitude era? It's just 'See ya!' if you're not instant?

LOL Thinking Vince would put someone of Shinsukes caliber anywhere but RAW to make Roman Look Strong.

I'm willing to bet Nakamura ends up on SD.

Vince does not have this vendetta against SD as most seem to think. In case you don't know, he makes money off of both brands. Raw is already getting a big babyface back in Balor. Makes no sense for Nakmura to have to fight for spotlight. On SD he can have it for himself.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Is Drew signed to NXT? I figured he'd be best used with the Progress guys in whatever WWE is going to do in the UK

Vince does not have this vendetta against SD as most seem to think. In case you don't know, he makes money off of both brands. Raw is already getting a big babyface back in Balor. Makes no sense for Nakmura to have to fight for spotlight. On SD he can have it for himself.

AJ and Nak on the same show would be too good to be true thats why It won't happen.

Better belts, better wrestlers, better matches...

It makes me sad that mania is a nostalgia card every year now. You have your hhh match, your undertaker match, whatever rock and his mates are up to, etc. I get that it's a business that needs to always be profitable but what happens when these old farts get too old to work and they have no main eventers? Mmm.

Yeah still mad that JeriKO isn't for the Raw title. :D

NXT hit this out of the park.

I started the show on my second screen muted but by like 2 minutes into the tag match I put it on my TV unmuted and muted and threw the WNN Supershow on the second screen.

Would be a mistake. You want those two in a ring to be a once in a lifetime event not a weejly one.

kiguel182

Damn at the amount of replies haha.

That was kinda what I was getting at, I take it they no longer build peolple up the way they did in the Attitude era? It's just 'See ya!' if you're not instant?

Pretty much. They also restrict wrestlers to the point where they aren't playing to their strengths.

When they are independent they can do stuff that suits them and are allowed to do shit that will actually get them over.

Not everyone can do gold with shitty gimmicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom