• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC13 Thread of iOS 7 & Mac OS X 10.9, where a whole new world's developing

numble

Heh, I'm not nearly as passionate about this subject as I think you think I am to deserve all that typing. I've read enough about Mansfield/Ives to believe that they'd be more personable or "real" up there than the existing cast, that's all.

Just a little selfish desire to have these keynotes be more exciting and genuine.
He will reveal the new design, no doubt. It's his baby. I don't think he'll be the one going over stuff like AirDrop for iOS, iMessage enhancements, etc.

hirokazu

-1Password for OSX with iCloud support. I've been using their mobile app but have so many other passwords in another program (Concealer) that I've been waiting to transfer over once I can get it on my desktop.
Um... 1Password has been on OS X way before it was available on iOS.

Burger

iOS 7 is sounding like it will be much more than some different icons, which seems to be all that everyone is talking about.

Ben Thompson talks about the fact that Ive himself HATES the idea of just changing what the surface looks like without changing WHAT it actually is:

Sir Ive said:
I think that sort of striving for simplicity is not a style. It’s an approach and a philosophy. I think it’s about authenticity and being honest. Not just taking something crappy and styling the outside in an arbitrary disconnected way.

http://stratechery.com/2013/jony-ive-is-not-a-graphic-designer/

Then you have Gruber's sources saying how it will be "Polarising" and someone else telling him "All the leaks are wrong"

hirokazu

Apple maps is so far behind Google Maps it doesn't even matter at this point what Apple does with it's shitty maps
I prefer Apple Maps, so...

Are you saying they should just abandon it and leave it further behind? There will probably be updates to Maps with every major iOS version. They have a lot to catch up on.

hirokazu

No iCloud support, which is what I'm waiting for. For that, I'll have to buy it through the App Store.
Doesn't it work fine with syncing over Dropbox? I've read about a lot of problem with iCloud not behaving well with DB updates and such, which might be why they don't support it. But I don't have it on iOS, so I don't know.

This is what I'm looking for in today's updates, not necessarily at WWDC keynote.

-New 15 rMBP with updated internals.

-Updated Time Capsule. I've been holding off for the next product cycle and I hope it's today.

-1Password for OSX with iCloud support. I've been using their mobile app but have so many other passwords in another program (Concealer) that I've been waiting to transfer over once I can get it on my desktop.

This is coming in the form of a free update, at least if you purchased it from the Mac App Store. The developers have confirmed it on their website/forums, and I believe they are in the early stages of beta testing it right now.

I prefer Apple Maps, so...

Are you saying they should just abandon it and leave it further behind? There will probably be updates to Maps with every major iOS version. They have a lot to catch up on.

not abandon it, but they honestly need a few years of data collection and refinement before I would put it in the same league as google maps

mf.luder

Doesn't it work fine with syncing over Dropbox? I've read about a lot of problem with iCloud not behaving well with DB updates and such, which might be why they don't support it. But I don't have it on iOS, so I don't know.

I haven't add an issue with iCloud between my iPad and iPhone. They addressed an issue early on with an update.

This is coming in the form of a free update, at least if you purchased it from the Mac App Store. The developers have confirmed it on their website/forums, and I believe they are in the early stages of beta testing it right now.

I must've missed this. Interesting.... I was really hoping they'd have a WWDC release.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I fear for the this topic...and the OT in general.

LIVE! LIVE GAF!

RubxQub

Test?

Hmph...OT isn't shut down, it's just a ghost-town?!

Crimmy

Does anyone have ioS6 with an iPhone 4? I have not updated since ios4 for fear of the battery issue that everyone is complaining about. Has this been addressed and if it hasn't, would you recommend updating to ioS 7 when it is released?

numble

Cook, Gore, and Path CEO Dave Morin:
yXwHZJG.jpg

From @panzer of thenextweb.com

NYR

If someone could post justin tv or stream links for us windows-at-work users, it would be appreciated.

I don't want to rely on TWIT, they talk too much.

Phoenix

when it comes to overhaul buzz (entire tech world) it will eclipse e3 and I honestly don't think Apple cares about E3 and consoles gaming

Or maybe they do and they will announce AppleTV/iOS integration which allows you to.... yeah, probably not going to happen.

RubxQub

Daft Punk - Fragments of Time...confirmed good taste.

Also: The OT is surely doomed.

RubxQub

Game time...

RubxQub

Fuck yes with that intro. Please live up to that.

woxel1

Really excited for this one. Ever since my laptop of five years broke down last November I've been "rocking" a hand-me-down first generation Air that has trouble doing anything. I'm ready to move on, Tim :)

Top Bottom