• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC13 Thread of iOS 7 & Mac OS X 10.9, where a whole new world's developing

I love the comments

"haha isheep apple sucks..."

*Streaming only available on Apple OSs*

"...whhaaat? no fair, apple. i want to watch :( "

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
What time does the keynote begin? Unless I'm blind. Apple's page doesn't specify.

OP has an updating countdown:

t1370883600z4.png

I don't know if it works but just sharing.

If you type this in you browser: http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/ you will read this: Live Streaming video requires Safari 4 or later on Mac OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later.

But if you enter this: https://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2013/ you will read the following: Streaming video requires Safari 4 or 5 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion, Safari on iOS 4.2 or later, or QuickTime 7 on Windows.

Hope it works :)

RubxQub

Y'all are too easy when you're vulnerable.

You got Ken to jump into the Microsoft E3 thread and ask why they moved it :lol

twofold

What exactly are you looking for that the current one doesn't offer? Just curious.

The guarantee of a screen that doesn't have image retention issues, hopefully.

Haswell should offer significantly better battery life too (15%-60% better battery life, depending on workload), which is nothing to scoff at.

It's not keeping up moving all those pixels when doing resource heavy stuff.

Haswell won't make much of a difference, if Anandtech is to be believed. According to their Retina MBP review, single threaded CPU performance is causing the performance issues on Retina MBPs, and Haswell only offers a modest 10%~ increase in performance there.

Ideally, Apple has to improve their retina scaling algorithm. Hopefully they do so with 10.9.

Futureman

I thought everyone wanted a more capable graphics card in the rMBP? Haswell should give it similar CPU performance with improved battery life.

numble

I thought everyone wanted a more capable graphics card in the rMBP? Haswell should give it similar CPU performance with improved battery life.
The integrated GPU is a big step up from the integrated GPU in the current rMBP 13. And it could possibly be good enough for the 15", making removal of a discrete CPU giving even more battery life.

The guarantee of a screen that doesn't have image retention issues, hopefully.

Haswell should offer significantly better battery life too (15%-60% better battery life, depending on workload), which is nothing to scoff at.

Haswell won't make much of a difference, if Anandtech is to be believed. According to their Retina MBP review, single threaded CPU performance is causing the performance issues on Retina MBPs, and Haswell only offers a modest 10%~ increase in performance there.

Ideally, Apple has to improve their retina scaling algorithm. Hopefully they do so with 10.9.
That makes sense. I was wondering since I have the 13" rMBP and couldn't be happier with it.

twofold

The integrated GPU is a big step up from the integrated GPU in the current rMBP 13. And it could possibly be good enough for the 15", making removal of a discrete CPU giving even more battery life.

Iris is a big step up, but it's not good enough to replace a dedicated GPU quite yet. I'll be disappointed if they don't include a GPU in the refreshed 15".

JayDub

If I cant have a dGPU on the 13, give me a fucking quad core CPU at the very least. I cant go back to the 15 retina. Its just too heavy and too unwieldy (the thinness makes it feel like a 17" to me..). The 13 was perfect. But no dGPU AND no quad? Dammit Apple.

Im sure the retinas arent coming to the Airs (and honestly, the airs are fine without it), but I want them to do it just so they can bridge that gap between the 13r and the 13 air and force Apple to do more w/ the 13r.

RubxQub

What color t shirt will jony ive wear.

I want Ive showing up at these events, damnit!

Now that he's apparently done some heavy-lifting on the iOS 7 side of things, I want my feature run-through of the software changes to be done by Sir Ives directly.

I want Ive showing up at these events, damnit!

Now that he's apparently done some heavy-lifting on the iOS 7 side of things, I want my feature run-through of the software changes to be done by Sir Ives directly.
He's just a design nerd that's probably a little crowd shy which I can totally understand and relate to. So I'm okay if he sits in the audience as long as we keep getting his best. Hasn't steered us wrong so far.

Top Bottom