• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC13 Thread of iOS 7 & Mac OS X 10.9, where a whole new world's developing

SuluDance

Banned
Background app updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_m6jna5eYH11rr7c36.gif

twofold

Loving iOS 7 so far. Gutted that OS X isn't getting the same makeover, but I'm betting that'll come next version.

Glad to see MacPro finally get some love. Gutted (As I'm waiting cash in hand) that there's no 15" RMBP announcement (yet, but they seem to have "done" the mac).

The Retina Macbook Pro will probably be releasing with Mavericks in the Autumn/Fall. On their 'advanced technologies' slide, it showed "GPU resolution scaling", or something like that, which is needed to fix the poor performance issues with the rMBP. I imagine they don't want to release the second generation rMBP without this "feature".

RivalCore

I am really loving the look and functionality of this.

I missed the name of the guy in the blue shirt but he has a really good stage presence.

I'm confused as to what iTunes Radio actually is. Is it Spotify/rdio or is it strictly Pandora/radio? Can I pick my favorite artists and play whole albums or is it "radio" only?

LevelNth

Banned
I'm confused as to what iTunes Radio actually is. Is it Spotify/rdio or is it strictly Pandora/radio? Can I pick my favorite artists and play whole albums or is it "radio" only?
I'm pretty sure it's more Pandora than Spotify. It's stations based, but kind of on Genius though, so it can go to specific songs.

I think, not sure.

All I care is I get it Ad-free being a Match subscriber, which is soooo awesome.

Nevasleep

Like Last.fm radio. Pick a genre or artist and it'll play related songs.

Whooo iPhone 4 and iPad 2 supported :)

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really a fan of the look. Everything else is good, but the very largely white aesthetics aren't for me, I think.

Sarquiss_

Does anyone know how many invites one account gets??? I am happy to get an account (if I can get the site to load :| ) and then depending on numbers charge $5 for an invite.

Gosh, they actually did it. They've made iOS something to be excited about again.

Breathing a sigh of relief that my old-ass 2011 MacBook Air lives to see another year of relevance.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I got excited for a new version of Keynote, but then sad when I saw it's just a web version. Mavericks (wtf?) doesn't appear to be mind-blowing, but hopefully it works better than Mountain Lion. I hate iOS, so I didn't really care about that part of the show, but it definitely looks to be improved.

Looks amazing, Ive did it. Best keynote in a while.

iCloud Keynote is going to be great.

This got rid of almost all of the reasons I used to have to jailbreak.

dmshaposv

Apple killed it.

Mac Pro looked stunning.

OSX Mavericks has some nice cool features, but now it must look like iOS 7 too!

IOS7 looked gorgeous.

Heel

Wow, iOS 7 looks like a home run. Especially like the WebOS-style cards multitasking and the settings dock. So sleek.

Nero3000

"can't innovate my ass" - Well fucking done, you designed a new case.

iOS7
-I like the ideas of categorisation in iOS7 (the photos especially).
-The translucency looks distracting.
-Control centre while nice functionally looks a mess
-The whole thing looks cramped on the iPhone
-This will be initially confusing to a lot of people when they update
-Lack of live icons is disappointing (at least they got rid of 72degrees)

Top Bottom