• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC14 Thread of iOS 8 and Mac OSX 10.10

Ninja Dom

Anyone thinking of doing a clean install of Yosemite or are you guys gonna upgrade from Mavericks?

Most of us active in this thread are already on Yosemite Developer Preview or Yosemite Public Beta. Mavericks is already long gone for me. I'm still not sure what's gonna happen to change Yosemite Public Beta (which I'm on) into Yosemite Final Version, or if there will be any change at all.

hirokazu

Most of us active in this thread are already on Yosemite Developer Preview or Yosemite Public Beta. Mavericks is already long gone for me. I'm still not sure what's gonna happen to change Yosemite Public Beta (which I'm on) into Yosemite Final Version, or if there will be any change at all.
Given that the latest public beta is a release candidate and the build numbers are barely changing, it'd probably just be a small update from the App Store to bring it to final GM.

Deku Tree

Apple is only bug fixing at this point. No new features before release IMO.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just hope they speed up boot+login time back to Mavericks level. It's currently abysmal on my mid-2011 Air.

Gvaz

Banned
Currently installing mavericks on virtualbox. I work with macs all day so its finally nice to have one of my own to learn.

Go get PB6!!!

Still doesn't fix the annoying bug I'm dealing with in getting Handoff to work.

Edit: Which I may just just finally fixed. Looks like sending something via AirDrop to my Mac from my iPhone may have finally stopped me from having to open my Bluetooth preferences every time I boot my computer.

Ninja Dom

Still doesn't fix the annoying bug I'm dealing with in getting Handoff to work.

Edit: Which I may just just finally fixed. Looks like sending something via AirDrop to my Mac from my iPhone may have finally stopped me from having to open my Bluetooth preferences every time I boot my computer.

You're lucky you can use AirDrop. Was trying for weeks to get it to work on Public Beta 1 and 2 only to find that my Late 2009 iMac doesn't support it (between iOS devices). If there was some way of letting me know that from the beginning from within Yosemite then that would have been so much appreciated.

jts

...hate me...
Anyway to force iCloud keychain to sync?

I created an account (on a website) on the iPhone last night, and I let keychain suggest the password, now I can't login on the Mac yet :/ doesn't autocomplete the login fields and even if I just search on Keychain it's not there.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Same here, I use it in an almost daily basis. I'm on Public Beta 6 now but it's been fine for me since PB1. I only watch videos on it that already exist in my computer. I don't use it for streaming.
The only streaming I do with it is across my network, which is the only time I have trouble. But I blame my slow shitty stock router.

ramyeon

VLC seems to work fine for me, except when I switch between full size windows and back to VLC it loses the aspect ratio of the video that's playing.

My late 2013 Macbook Pro is a LOT cooler now with Yosemite (GM3). With powerpoint going using the dedicated GPU this baby would get quite warm. Now it's purring along at 45C when Powerpoint is open. Almost can't tell it's being used. I am not sure what they did (improved the driver?) but I'm amazed. Battery life has also drastically improved, even with dedicated GPU use.

jstripes

Banned
Probably when Yosemite is out.

A lot of devs are notoriously anal about not even discussing new OSes until they're officially released.

Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow we get a new download that "switches over" our Developer Previews or Public Beta's over to Final without having to re-download the entire OS again.

If the current GM Candidate is the same build as the final release it won't even matter.

GWX

Question that may sound dumb, where the fuck is the repeat button in iTunes 12?

I posted about this once, even gave feedback to Apple (so far ignored, it seems :lol) Just turn on repeat going to Controls -> Repeat in the Mac menu bar and the repeat button will magically appear in the now playing area.

RevoDS

I posted about this once, even gave feedback to Apple (so far ignored, it seems :lol) Just turn on repeat going to Controls -> Repeat in the Mac menu bar and the repeat button will magically appear in the now playing area.
That's so dumb. Minimalistic design should still be functional. This...is just bad design.

But thanks for the info!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Now that all the stuff from this event has their own threads, it's time to retire this thread.

There's an AppleWatch thread, an iOS 8 thread and a Yosemite thread now.

Top Bottom