• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '12 |OT| The People's OT

Kaladin

Xvw65.jpg

WWE '12 "The People's Edition" includes:

Unique foil sleeve cover packaging featuring The Great One.

WWE ’12 videogame including The Rock playable in-game character.

Exclusive WWE Blu-Ray/DVD (depending on platform type) featuring The Rock’s must-see WWE Raw appearances from February 14, 2011 and April 4, 2011, including his highly anticipated return to WWE and the moment his WrestleMania XXVIII match with John Cena was made official. Produced by the WWE for The People's Edition!

Exclusive foil Topps trading card featuring The Rock.

Electrifying photograph of The Rock.

Available Only at THQ Store: http://store.thq.com/store/thq/en_US/pd/WWE-12--The-Peoples-Edition/productID.236089300

Regular non-people editions sold everywhere on November 22nd.

IGN Review: 9.0!

Road To Wrestlemania:
fqGw4.jpg

Road To Wrestlemania Video Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elvQZNKFm38

Bigger Badder Better Launch Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJGABP0JZkA

New Engine: Predator Technology
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1S4uQ5wYoo

P1kYI.jpg

vdHID.jpg

kGICD.jpg

WWE Universe 2.0 10 Min Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF7sMCK_gvQ

Brock Lesnar!
bCTPC.jpg

It's time to play the game!
QVvnv.jpg

Graphics continue to be such shit in these THQ wrestling games, I'll wait a bit for the price drop

plus, day 1 DLC to play as HBK, fuck off THQ

dreamfall

Cool OT! Looking forward to it- Brock Lesnar back in reminds me of HCTP. Consider me so excited!

Pre-ordered that Special Edition in September, hoping it ships NOW!

Colocho

Banned
Weird how the PS2 Smackdown titles (especially Here Comes the Pain) had some of the best graphics on the system and the PS360 ones are just a tad bit better.

I'm not saying the game will be amazing, but the early fan feedback from people who have the game has been pretty good.

At the very least they say it's the best current gen.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'm actually kinda hyped for this game may pick it up at launch or sometime when it's on sale. Also The Rock is included with all new copies right? Not sure if hes a preorder bonus or one of those first shipment type of things.

Raw64life

Yea gonna wait for other reviews before I even consider it. Smackdown '10 was the first Smackdown game I ever bought and it wasn't bad, but just so disappointing compared to much older games.

And they totally stole my idea to have this exact stable.

Nelo Ice said:
I'm actually kinda hyped for this game may pick it up at launch or sometime when it's on sale. Also The Rock is included with all new copies right? Not sure if hes a preorder bonus or one of those first shipment type of things.
I think he's a preorder bonus only. If you wait 3 months you can download him though (for a fee).

Nelo Ice

Banned
canadian crowe said:
I think he's a preorder bonus only. If you wait 3 months you can download him though (for a fee).

On amazon it says this
The access code for The Rock will be packaged inside the game box.

Looked at other retailers like gs and says the same thing, code is inside the box. Sounds like its for buying new or its limited like EAs "limited editions". Hope so since I plan on buying this when it hits around say $40 or less.

Apollo

Banned
Oh shit I just saw Vader in the IGN video. I'm getting this for sure. Hope his theme song is in the game. Team Vader and Brock together and you have an unstoppable team.

Kaladin

For the indie and TNA fans here, Austin Aries does the voice of Jacob Cass, a CAW you create for the Road To Wrestlemania mode.

Kaladin

Kyoufu said:
Lol 9.0 by IGN. Stay classy, IGN.

For comparison, IGN gave WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 an 8.5 and 2011 an 8.0. So this year has to be an improvement over those title at least.

Kyoufu

djsandman said:
For comparison, IGN gave WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 an 8.5 and 2011 an 8.0. So this year has to be an improvement over those title at least.

An improvement in the checks from THQ, but we'll see. I mean, judging from the videos the game looks worse than previous gen efforts. I just can't get behind this game at all.

Lets hope I'm wrong.

Kaladin

Kyoufu said:
An improvement in the checks from THQ, but we'll see. I mean, judging from the videos the game looks worse than previous gen efforts. I just can't get behind this game at all.

Lets hope I'm wrong.

Like I said, wait on the Giant Bomb review for the real score. I only trust Alex Navarro with wrasslin' reviews.

Haven't played a Smackdown game in years, but having just gotten back into wrestling with the whole CM Punk thing (and promptly getting sick of him), I'm kinda interested in this. Not sure why on earth I'd want to play the Career mode though? Only playing as a CAW, Sheamus and Triple H? Blah. Would rather play as Del Rio, D-Brine, Mark Henry or Cody Rhodes.

Do they still have Create a Stable? Can I make "Twiple H and his lil buddy" (HHH and Punk)?

Lothars

Spider from Mars said:
No Mercy was dethroned by HCTP and Fire Pro
Agreed, those are the best two wrestling games ever released. I will be picking this up but probably when it drops in price.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
HarryDemeanor said:
I don't trust that IGN review. I'll wait for the Giant Bomb review from Jeff Gerstmann or Alex Navarro.
So you won't trust the guy who overly praises the game, but you'll trust the guys who shit on the franchise every single year? The ones who barely even watch wrestling anymore?

zoner said:
So you won't trust the guy who overly praises the game, but you'll trust the guys who shit on the franchise every single year? The ones who barely even watch wrestling anymore?
They've been high on SmackDown vs. Raw games in the past that turned out to be crap. I just want to wait for more reviews.

G-Fex

I'm hoping this is good.

It's got Lesnar, Nash, and Demolition and Vader. Shaping up to be a legendary roster.

Toki767

I'm really tempted to get this just because the roster of legends is really nice. I haven't bought one of these games since Here Comes The Pain though. I was hoping a new generation meant a new engine but it just looks like the same game as the PS2 games. I'd even say it's still fairly close to the original one on PS1.

Jamie OD

I'm looking forward to the WWE Universe mode. Last year's version was good but had plenty of frustration behind it. Seeing so many tag teams split up and wrestlers turning heel in my game had me convinced I was running a TNA fed. The roster is surprisingly great though.

If I can just avoid the game this year i'll finally break free of the curse that has enslaved me since SD: Just Bring it, at the same time though I hope the game actually is good but i'm really not expecting much.

Captain N

I really want it to be good and hope they pull it off with this one. Here Comes The Pain felt like the peak of the series for me. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom