• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Backlash 2017 |OT| This PPV Brought To You By India

Nakamura was never gonna squash Ziggler, you act like the guy, shitty as he may be, wasn't in the title picture for both the IC title and WWE Championship just last year.

Nah man, if Nakamura isn't squashing everyone not named AJ Styles then he's being buried and looking awful.

ngower

Man y'all are some negative jabronis. This match isn't MOTY quality, but it's still a fine first feud for Nakamura.

This is exactly what I expected this match to be. I don't think it means anything long term, but yeah. Whatever.

For a second I was worried that Nakamura was going to get the "kicking too much ass" DQ though lol

Raw64life

I'm fine with booking close matches for him as long as he wins. As long as they don't 50/50 him he'll be fine

they're gonna 50/50 him :(

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This whole modern day Michael Hayes gimmick that Ziggler has going would be a lot better if he had used two or three more cans of hairspray before the match.

Auraela

Banned
I noticed this starting as a trend back in NXT where most of the match would be Nakamura getting beat up while he hits his token spots and then overcomes the odds.

I really don't like it.

yup that was baically every match of his and its why i cant get into him

Talonluck

Decent match but nothing memorable. I think it was booked to make both look good. Dolph with most offense but nak with huge resilience and strong finisher.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nakamura come back to new Japan >️

too late. already been replaced
tumblr_oqa2ifDlnQ1s05wxzo1_400.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ziggler is competitive no matter who he's in the ring with, including main eventers. Why would Nakamura look weak taking offense from him? lol

I don't get this either. Styles didn't squash Ziggler either and he was the top guy on SD at the time so its not making Nak look weak. He didn't squash Zayn in NXT either.

Serviceable match, I think some people just hyped themselves into thinking Nak was gonna somehow bring it for a rather heatless presentation match against Ziggler.

Hmmm, I should play some Super Mario Bros 3.

I'm fine with booking close matches for him as long as he wins. As long as they don't 50/50 him he'll be fine

they're gonna 50/50 him :(

They won't have him win every time, but I don't think he's gonna fall into straight 50/50 like most guys. It's obvious they see him pretty highly. He'll probably be like an 80/20 guy.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Decent match. Glad they didn't have too many near falls. Wish it was a bit more physical though.

tmac456

People in here are acting like that Artist guy should be booked like Andre.

No. More like Ziggler is always going to be a mid card jobber and might as well be booked as one. Nak is supposed to be a main eventer known as a vicious striker. The booking was pretty suspect throughout that match.

Toki767

People don't want to see Nakamura take a beating for 10 minutes and then make a comeback.

People just want to see him kick/knee opponents.

cordy

Banned
This ain't the match to sell the audience on Nakamura though, not at all. They gotta give him a better opponent.

Top Bottom