• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE makes an interesting change to this year's Royal Rumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys keep saying Roman is going to win from #1 but WellitstheBigShow is already #1.

Vince could easily say "Screw you Roman, Big Show may already be #1 but we're entering you at #2". It's basically the same starting point.

The only thing I'm hoping for is a shock elimination of Roman halfway through the match, like they did with Daniel Bryan last year. Roman ends up feuding with Triple H (who eliminated or helped eliminate him) into Mania and they move the WWE title to some other feud...maybe Cena vs Taker.

When Kofi does his obligatory Rumble spot Brock should just leave the ring under the ropes and ruin the spot. Also I could see R-Truth coming out, realising that Lesnar's in the ring and just bail out.
That's what I was thinking for R-Truth lol.

If Brock needs a break to kinda rest if he gasses out mid-rumble, Have R-Truth come in, react to Brock and have him forfeit basically.

It's funny, really sells Brock as a threat, and Brock gets a minute rest. Lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It'd be fan-fuckingtastic if Roman was eliminated by HHH early. Just be done with that part and dedicate the rest of the Rumble to insane storybuilding:

-Wyatts doing Wyatt stuff and having a total spotlight
-Kevin Owens wrecking people
-Sami Zayn eliminating himself and Kevin Owens
-Bullet Club stuff

I dont want the whole duration of the show to be about Roman. No one else does either. He will be booed immensely.

Also, I wish Cesaro wasn't injured. I really miss him and would have loved to see him in the Rumble. Now that Bryan and Punk are inactive, he's the next best guy to be working with all these talents.

The entire program is about Roman now. No, seriously, he's not actually feuding with a wrestler who is considered a credible threat to him. He's feuding with the 70 year old man who owns the company and his doofus son-in law.

That's what I was thinking for R-Truth lol.

If Brock needs a break to kinda rest if he gasses out mid-rumble, Have R-Truth come in, react to Brock and have him forfeit basically.

It's funny, really sells Brock as a threat, and Brock gets a minute rest. Lol

They're going to run the "R-Truth is Dumb" joke into the ground by having Truth enter at 8, get eliminated very quickly and then come back out at 17 because he forgot he was already in.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I see zero chance Reigns wins this. Having a heel like HHH win gives an entire two month program to run up to WM and then also give Reigns his apparently promised WM main event win.

Well that's the Rumble ruined. No need to watch it now. Fucking Roman. Keep making him look strong Vince.
Let's hope for louder boos than last year.

I was just thinking I was going to start watching RAW again since it's Rumble time, and I always come back for the Rumble.

If there was ever any way to keep me from watching the Rumble, it's this announcement.

This is when I'd normally say, "I'm still going to watch it" in a spoiler, but seriously, I'll probably just wiki the results after and do literally anything else.

BFIB

I was just thinking I was going to start watching RAW again since it's Rumble time, and I always come back for the Rumble.

If there was ever any way to keep me from watching the Rumble, it's this announcement.

This is when I'd normally say, "I'm still going to watch it" in a spoiler, but seriously, I'll probably just wiki the results after and do literally anything else.

There is no way they plan on Roman winning. The ultimate end game is now to use Vince to get Roman over, so I expect Vincenigans to "screw" Roman from the win.

abundant

Basically if Roman does not win the Rumble, whoever wins the Rumble gets the strap.

And if Roman isn't winning the Rumble, it'd be in their best interest to eliminate him midway through the match via screw job. That way it builds intrigue over who the new champion would be.

And if Roman isn't winning the Rumble, it'd be in their best interest to eliminate him midway through the match via screw job. That way it builds intrigue over who the new champion would be.
It kind of depends who the last few left are. If it's Roman and 3 others like Kevin Owens/AJ Styles/Brock Lesnar it could be great.

Spoilers for Raw after the rumble

triple-h-wwe-champ.jpg

I'd be pretty pissed if Triple H wins the Rumble, more so than if Roman wins, honestly. As much good as Triple H has done for NXT, he has no business being the world champ going into Mania. I'd be OK with him being in the final two so long as a baby face eliminates him (unless it's Cena again, just like 8 years ago).

I'd be pretty pissed if Triple H wins the Rumble, more so than if Roman wins, honestly. As much good as Triple H has done for NXT, he has no business being the world champ going into Mania. I'd be OK with him being in the final two so long as a baby face eliminates him (unless it's Cena again, just like 8 years ago).

prepare to be pissed cause there gonna use Triple H to give roman reigns the big rub at mania with triple h loosing to reigns to win back the WWE championship.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
prepare to be pissed cause there gonna use Triple H to give roman reigns the big rub at mania with triple h loosing to reigns to win back the WWE championship.

The chance that Triple H headlines WrestleMania is like 0

UberTag

I've been watching 1994 RAWs on the network and I'm astonished this guy never even got a title. Unbelievable.
Tatanka was clearly too swiss native american to be champion. Clearly a B+ player.

The chance that Triple H headlines WrestleMania is like 0
You say this with such confidence and yet Triple H has headlined the past five WrestleManias (Undertaker, Undertaker, Lesnar, Daniel Bryan, Sting).
His match against Sheamus was the last to not get built up as anything special.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You say this with such confidence and yet Triple H has headlined the past five WrestleManias (Undertaker, Undertaker, Lesnar, Daniel Bryan, Sting).
His match against Sheamus was the last to not get built up as anything special.

He didn't headline those. The headliner is the main event.

I see it as a welcomed change.

Even if it is making the Royal Rumble all about Roman, in 1998 and 1999 RR was all about Austin and there was a bounty on him yadayadayada. It's normal when you want to build a star.

I don't care about Roman, I only care if they book things right. Which they hadn't with him, that's my problem. I hope the Royal Rumble is not the case. I hope is not a Batista/Roman Reigns 2015 situation again.

Savitar

Can he over come the odds?!

Come on people, he's not Stone Cold or Cena but it's all the WWE got!

Okay not really, but he's pretty! And he can be pretty. Pretty!

Don't you like Disesel 2.0 I er mean Reigns? He's pretty right?

Lingitiz

I guess this clearly means HHH takes out Roman, but does he win too? Where does Brock fit into this? Maybe Rock enters and takes out Brock to protect his cousin?

Who am I kidding. It's just gonna end with Roman over everyone again.

MC Safety

I'd like to see a 40-man Rumble this year.

Maybe Roman Reigns could overcome more odds be defending his title in a triple threat match and then beating 39 (not 29) other guys in the Rumble.

About that:

74Eb.png

fUfCTQb.gif

Angry Grimace

holy shit wwe is lucky as fuck they were able to pull all those NJPW guys

Sheroking

Call me gullible, but I feel like there are a lot more outs than just LOL ROMAN WINS.

They'll book him very strong for sure, but I can see a handful of dudes beating him in the match one way or the other, and there's certainly the option for a screwjob finish.

Compbros

Roman Reigns is about to main event back to back Wrestlemanias. Let's run down this guy real quick.

He debuted on WWE TV in 2012. One year later he wins the tag titles with Seth Rollins. A month after losing the titles he ties the record for the most eliminations in a Survivor Series match. Two months later he gets the record for most eliminations in a single rumble. 6 months later he's in a fatal four way match for the WWE title. 2 months later he's injured followed by winning Superstar of the Year 4 months after that. 1 month later he wins the Rumble. 2 months later he headlines Wrestlemania in the main event against Brock Lesnar (after beating Daniel Bryan for the #1 contendership at the previous PPV). 7 Months later he wins the title, loses it the same night, then wins it back 3 weeks later becoming a 2 time World champion. He is one of two people favored to win the rumble this year.

He has a hall of fame career in less than 4 years on the main WWE product.

Farsi

Damn just heard about the Cena injury. Thought for sure it was gonna be Cena vs Reigns as the final two. Crowd would of been lit.

If Roman wins they have to do something creative or the crowd will eat him alive. It's Mania season, the internet wrestling geeks are coming in packs to Orlando Florida.

Angry Grimace

Roman Reigns is about to main event back to back Wrestlemanias. Let's run down this guy real quick.

He debuted on WWE TV in 2012. One year later he wins the tag titles with Seth Rollins. A month after losing the titles he ties the record for the most eliminations in a Survivor Series match. Two months later he gets the record for most eliminations in a single rumble. 6 months later he's in a fatal four way match for the WWE title. 2 months later he's injured followed by winning Superstar of the Year 4 months after that. 1 month later he wins the Rumble. 2 months later he headlines Wrestlemania in the main event against Brock Lesnar (after beating Daniel Bryan for the #1 contendership at the previous PPV). 7 Months later he wins the title, loses it the same night, then wins it back 3 weeks later becoming a 2 time World champion. He is one of two people favored to win the rumble this year.

He has a hall of fame career in less than 4 years on the main WWE product.

...have you seen his hair and muscles and height

RyudBoy

Eh, I think it will go down this way.

Triple H will get Reigns eliminated (whether he's in the actual rumble match or not), and they will have their match at Mania, but it won't be for the championship. Lesnar will win and become new champ, and he will face The Rock at WM, and they will set new records yadadadada.

But before that, Reigns will get his title shot against Lesnar at the next PPV after RR. Triple H can cost him the belt there, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom