• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

foltzie1

That's true, but it seems strange that every PPV from all of the big companies going all the way back into the '80s was already waiting for us, but we're lucky to get a 1994 Raw some days. They're also pretty good at getting the latest Raws up when the waiting period is over, which makes it even weirder.

I wonder if it's a digital restoration process then, PPVs first and then TV shows. I wonder if there are licensing issues they need to clear up on certain TV Broadcasts too. I don't know!

There is at least a digitization process as everything through a certain point (I have no idea when they went digital, HD transition maybe) was done on film or tapes. It would make sense that they digitized the PVPs first since they have been making DVDs for a while and have pulled from the PPVs primarily.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Smackdown Replays
Adapt or Perish - 05/08/2014

strobogo

Banned
I believe it was actually Vince's idea to do the match, to help out ECW by giving them some promotion. Then he had HHH make Taz, the title, Dreamer, and ECW in general look like shit with the match itself. It's one of the few things Vince will admit to regretting or making a mistake on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Legends Of Wrestling
The Monday Night War - 07/31/2007
In Ring
Raw Replays
Episode 82 - 10/17/1994
Episode 83 - 10/24/1994
Raw Backstage Pass
Backstage Pass to Raw #1098 - 06/08/2014

RP912

Banned
I believe it was actually Vince's idea to do the match, to help out ECW by giving them some promotion. Then he had HHH make Taz, the title, Dreamer, and ECW in general look like shit with the match itself. It's one of the few things Vince will admit to regretting or making a mistake on.

I wonder what was going on in vince's mind when he was like hey how about this? Dreamer comes out and hits tazz and trips put the pedegree on dreamer to get the win. This will market a struggling company well amirite? *vince smirk*

I remember that in 2000. The entire Mike Awesome fiasco when he randomly showed up in WCW while being the ECW champion, than Taz wins the title and drops it to Dreamer who than drops it to Justin Credible the same night. Was pretty cool seeing a WCW vs WWF in an ECW ring for the ECW title.

Also on a side note, didn't Raven make amends with Dreamer once he won the title? I hated ECW without Raven, Sandman and Sabu. I think there was a good year when all 3 were gone and the product just lost its edge.

Branson

Do you guys ever just flip on the live stream and just watch whatever is on it when you're bored? You get some interesting stuff. Like Lawler's Coke collection.

strobogo

Banned
I remember that in 2000. The entire Mike Awesome fiasco when he randomly showed up in WCW while being the ECW champion, than Taz wins the title and drops it to Dreamer who than drops it to Justin Credible the same night. Was pretty cool seeing a WCW vs WWF in an ECW ring for the ECW title.

Also on a side note, didn't Raven make amends with Dreamer once he won the title? I hated ECW without Raven, Sandman and Sabu. I think there was a good year when all 3 were gone and the product just lost its edge.

I don't think so. Raven came back in late Summer/early Fall of 1999 and helped Dreamer win the titles from the leaving Dudley Boys. By February/March of 2000, Raven had of course turned on Dreamer, probably 3 times. I don't recall amends being made. I'm not even sure if Raven was even still there when Dreamer won the title.

I don't think so. Raven came back in late Summer/early Fall of 1999 and helped Dreamer win the titles from the leaving Dudley Boys. By February/March of 2000, Raven had of course turned on Dreamer, probably 3 times. I don't recall amends being made. I'm not even sure if Raven was even still there when Dreamer won the title.

When Tommy Dreamer won the ECW Title from Taz in the ECW Arena, the whole locker room came out to celebrate. Raven came out by himself, teased something, and then hugged him. Then Justin Credible came out to challenge him for the title, won it, Francine turned heel and joined Credible. But yeah, Dreamer and Raven definitely embraced after Dreamer won the title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIrUur6gEj8

strobogo

Banned
When Tommy Dreamer won the ECW Title from Taz in the ECW Arena, the whole locker room came out to celebrate. Raven came out by himself, teased something, and then hugged him. Then Justin Credible came out to challenge him for the title, won it, Francine turned heel and joined Credible. But yeah, Dreamer and Raven definitely embraced after Dreamer won the title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIrUur6gEj8

I don't remember. ECW 2000 (particularly TNN stuff) was just death. I could make it through WCW 1999-2001, but couldn't even make it through half of ECW on TNN.

I don't remember. ECW 2000 (particularly TNN stuff) was just death. I could make it through WCW 1999-2001, but couldn't even make it through half of ECW on TNN.

I remember that Vince absolutely forbid Heyman from showing any footage of Dreamer beating Tazz. They couldn't even include the match on the home video version of Cyberslam 2000.

Justin Credible was God tier heel. He was one of those guys that you just want see get his ass kicked with all the shit he talked about Sabu, RVD, Taz etc. What an asshole

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Raw Replays
Signed, Sealed and Delivered - 06/06/2005
Raw Replays
Poetic Justice - 05/11/2014

RP912

Banned
Justin Credible was God tier heel. He was one of those guys that you just want see get his ass kicked with all the shit he talked about Sabu, RVD, Taz etc. What an asshole

omg credible was one of those heels that really made you legit hate him. It was like a legend difficulty on him when wrestlers tried to beat him. Shame he ended up being a welcome mat for wrestlers during WWECW.

omg credible was one of those heels that really made you legit hate him. It was like a legend difficulty on him when wrestlers tried to beat him. Shame he ended up being a welcome mat for wrestlers during WWECW.

Credible became a jobber pretty fast in the WWF when he came over after ECW died.

In Ring

Raw Replays
Episode 85 - 11/07/1994
Episode 86 - 11/14/1994
Episode 87 - 11/21/1994
This Is Your Life, The Rock! - 09/27/1999

Smackdown Replays
Episode 49 - 07/27/2000

Can someone tell me what's so special about that SmackDown episode?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck yes, AWA:

Original
This Week In Wwe
Episode 281 - 06/14/2014
Wwe Beyond The Ring
Spectacular Legacy of the AWA - 11/21/2006
In Ring
Raw Replays
Episode 84 - 10/31/1994

It's just the AWA DVD but it's AWA!

Aiii

So not worth it
Can someone tell me what's so special about that SmackDown episode?

Crash Holly gets attacked by some clowns (
Mean Street Posse in disguise
) for the Hardcore Title.

mobile.118mjej.jpg

mobile.12x0jxj.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Raw Replays
Episode 85 - 11/07/1994
Episode 86 - 11/14/1994
Episode 87 - 11/21/1994
This Is Your Life, The Rock! - 09/27/1999
Smackdown Replays
Episode 49 - 07/27/2000

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Wwe Main Event Replays
Episode 90 - 06/17/2014
Original
Wrestlemania Rewind
Latino Heat - 06/17/2014
Wwe Countdown
Dangerous Divas - 06/17/2014
Vault
Legends Of Wrestling
Bad Asses - 11/01/2007
In Ring
Raw Replays
Episode 88 - 11/28/1994

Looking really forward to 1995. The February 20, 1995 edition of Raw was the very first live Raw I ever attended and it was one of those marathon tapings where they taped like a month's worth of shows. The final match was Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart. Great stuff. Sid came back that night to be Shawn Michaels' bodyguard and we could totally see him standing in Gorilla position from where we were sitting.

Also, there was a huge brawl in the upper deck of the arena during Diesel vs. Jeff Jarrett that required someone to be taken out on a stretcher. Nobody was paying attention to the match at all, lol

strobogo

Banned
There are a few solid episodes of Raws in the Summer of 1994.

July 11: Bret Hart vs 123 Kid
August 1: HBK vs Razor Ramon, Alundra Blaze vs Bull Nakano
August 15: 123 Kid vs Owen Hart

With the start of crazy Mr. Backlund. But also with a lot of garbage. Kanyon did a couple of jobs in September. MAIN EVENTED RAW with HBK/Diesel.

But most of 1994 Raw should be avoided at all costs. 1995 is going to be even worse.

Anybody else getting a bunch of rubberbanding on this Legends House reunion? For as rock-solid as the live stream was for Wrestlemania, things seem to have gone off a cliff lately. On demand stuff works great still.

Oh nice the Diesel era. Such feels, such nostalgia. I think I was in 4th grade at the time. Every time I watch these old RAW's I have the biggest smile on my face, remembering the times I would wake up on Saturday mornings to watch WWF Mania with all the Raw recaps.

Even though the New Generation had such a weak ass talent roster, the production values were through the damn roof compared to what they were doing as late as 1993.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Couple things:

The schedule for next Thursday on the WWE Network is up and it seems as if Total Divas will take place of Legends House for the Thursday at 8pm time-slot.

In Ring
Smackdown Replays
Taking a Stand - 05/15/2014
Raw Replays
Evolving the Shield - 05/18/2014

Watching Clash right now on the main feed. The fuck was up with the Freebirds entourage in the early 90s? Diamond Dallas Page AND Badstreet (Brad Armstrong in a mask) AND DDP's woman AND Big Daddy Dink. The hell?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Clash right now on the main feed. The fuck was up with the Freebirds entourage in the early 90s? Diamond Dallas Page AND Badstreet (Brad Armstrong in a mask) AND DDP's woman AND Big Daddy Dink. The hell?

The Diamond Exchange brother!

strobogo

Banned
I'm watching SuperBrawl V (LOL) and the intro was left off and just goes straight to the first match. Did WCW use some licensed song for the PPV?

The whole PPV is TERRIBLE, but it's more likely that the the master tape was damaged. They put up the shown in most complete way possible warning up when the actual master has damage to it. Anything to make that show shorter is a blessing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vault
Legends Of Wrestling
The Territories - 01/01/2008
In Ring
Raw Replays
Episode 90 - 12/12/1994
Episode 91 - 12/19/1994
Episode 92 - 12/26/1994
Episode 281 - 10/12/1998