• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Stro, do you happen to have a gif of the Stunning Steve Austin/Hacksaw Jim Duggan match at Halloween Havoc 1994 where Austin bails from the ring after Hacksaw threatens him with the 2x4 after the match is over? It's a thing of beauty.

strobogo

Banned
Stro, do you happen to have a gif of the Stunning Steve Austin/Hacksaw Jim Duggan match at Halloween Havoc 1994 where Austin bails from the ring after Hacksaw threatens him with the 2x4 after the match is over? It's a thing of beauty.

I did not and I will not be revisiting that show, so feel free to make it on your own if you'd like.

foltzie1

[
However, Bret vs Diesel is GREAT. Excellent stuff the whole way through. Both guys get dirty from the start, but Bret is nearly full on heel for the majority of the match. He's actually booed at one point for cheating so much. Bret and Nash had great chemistry in all of their matches, no matter what their roles were. By New Generation standards, it is an easy 5 star match. Loved it. People will never give Nash credit, but he worked his ass off in this match, and all of his matches with Bret and Shawn. I really believe that Nash had better matches with Bret and Shawn than Bret and Shawn had with each other. Highly highly recommend that match.

It's weird, it was Nash and Hall's defection that led to guaranteed contracts for members of the then WWF.

After he quit booking Nash has been willing to put over entire groups of people, including the New Blood in WCW* and the X-Division in TNA.

*Coach Nash was awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Raw Replays
Episode 99 - 02/20/1995
Episode 100 - 02/27/1995

I was at the February 20, 1995 Raw! It was my first ever live Raw and only my second live WWF event ever. WCW always came here once every few months but it was RARE for the WWF to come here. After this Raw, they didn't come back until a house show in April 2002.

strobogo

Banned
LEGIT SHOOK PRESENTS

WWF MSG 6/3/91

Not really a good show. A couple of decent matches, but mostly dog shit.

iwVLUfQ985h7H.gif

ibcMwFdApMdNTd.gif

iXYlp6vwbV6bF.gif

At the link: Hogan throwing a fire ball, Sarge falling off the top rope, Sarge falling trying to swing a chair, Duggan taking terrible bumps.

strobogo

Banned
LEGIT SHOOK

Presents

WCW Great American Bash 1995

Show is DOGSHIT. But Savage/Flair is a classic in my mind, and the best Flair/Savage match as far as I'm concerned. Pillman/Alex Wright is also pretty fun. Everything else is TERRIBLE. Awful show.

ib26Wweiv0C78r.gif

iU7GlnjFVhmbF.gif

iHdSfMbbtMeZq.gif

Also at the link: Regal doing a Cactus Elbow, a hilarious Alex Wright botch...that's pretty much it. Absolutely watch Savage/Flair. Skip everything else. Maybe watch Pillman/Wright. But definitely watch Savage/Flair.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Saturday Nights Main Event
Episode 1 - 05/11/1985
Episode 2 - 10/05/1985
Episode 3 - 11/02/1985
Episode 4 - 01/04/1986
Episode 5 - 03/01/1986
Episode 6 - 05/03/1986
Episode 7 - 10/04/1986
Episode 8 - 11/29/1986
Episode 9 - 01/03/1987
Episode 10 - 02/21/1987
Episode 11 - 05/02/1987
Episode 12 - 10/03/1987
Episode 13 - 11/28/1987

Saturday Nights Main Event
Episode 1 - 05/11/1985
Episode 2 - 10/05/1985
Episode 3 - 11/02/1985
Episode 4 - 01/04/1986
Episode 5 - 03/01/1986
Episode 6 - 05/03/1986
Episode 7 - 10/04/1986
Episode 8 - 11/29/1986
Episode 9 - 01/03/1987
Episode 10 - 02/21/1987
Episode 11 - 05/02/1987
Episode 12 - 10/03/1987
Episode 13 - 11/28/1987

Of course they didn't use the Animotion theme.

LEGIT SHOOK

Presents

WCW Great American Bash 1995

Show is DOGSHIT. But Savage/Flair is a classic in my mind, and the best Flair/Savage match as far as I'm concerned. Pillman/Alex Wright is also pretty fun. Everything else is TERRIBLE. Awful show.

ib26Wweiv0C78r.gif

iU7GlnjFVhmbF.gif

iHdSfMbbtMeZq.gif

Also at the link: Regal doing a Cactus Elbow, a hilarious Alex Wright botch...that's pretty much it. Absolutely watch Savage/Flair. Skip everything else. Maybe watch Pillman/Wright. But definitely watch Savage/Flair.

Weird, I was just watching this last night. So, so bad.

Really odd to see Kimberly before all the "work' she had done

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For those interested, Monday Night Wars is going to be 20 episodes long. Holy cows.

The Monday Night War SNEAK PEEK – Following Monday Night Raw - Approx. 11 p.m. ET One night only, WWE Network offers a sneak peek at the new original series, Monday Night War. Coming this August, available only on WWE Network, this 20-episode original series documents the epic television ratings battle between sports entertainment icons Vince McMahon and Ted Turner. On Monday nights in the 1990s, Turner's World Championship Wrestling and McMahon's Monday Night Raw aired head-to-head in primetime, defining a power struggle that rewrote the rules of television, and forever changed the face of sports entertainment.

Aiii

So not worth it
So apparently the sneak peek didn't get archived, so I can't watch it now.

Apparently everything being on-demand right after it airs doesn't count for sneak peeks, ugh. :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was really good, Aiii. Worth waiting for or tracking it down earlier.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today's update:

In Ring
Raw Replays
Broken Shield - 06/02/2014
Smackdown Replays
Surviving The Game - 06/06/2014

elektrixx

Banned
Just watched the Live Sex Celebration Raw. Flair's little promo at the end is so good and so funny. I watched it maybe five times!

Have they implemented a resume function on the other platforms yet? I was shocked to see they still don't allow users to resume interrupted viewings on iOS.

Have they implemented a resume function on the other platforms yet? I was shocked to see they still don't allow users to resume interrupted viewings on iOS.
As far as I can tell, they haven't updated shit on any platform since launch. At least the ones I've used it on.

It's hilarious how they say they support Apple TV but it seems no one has tested it on an Apple TV 2 from 2010. It crashes every time you try to watch something. Like it's loading too much for the device that everything slows down and starts skipping within an hour (sometimes within a few minutes), and then it crashes at some point. Every single time. Any program.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Raw Replays
Theres Always a Plan B - 06/09/2014
Uncategorized
CHANGED - Pre-Show to Raw #1102 - 07/06/2014

Downhome

I have the Network, but I haven't used it for anything other than PPV for the last month or two. Are there any major additions in this time, any major changes? Where in the world is the replay for the Monday Night War show? I was going to watch it but I can't find it. Did they seriously not add it to watch on demand after it aired after RAW?

I have the Network, but I haven't used it for anything other than PPV for the last month or two. Are there any major additions in this time, any major changes? Where in the world is the replay for the Monday Night War show? I was going to watch it but I can't find it. Did they seriously not add it to watch on demand after it aired after RAW?

It was only a "Sneak Preview" not an actual episode, so it wasn't added.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's the significance of the 10/13/99 Smackdown?

Raw Replays
Episode 104 - 03/27/1995
Episode 106 - 04/10/1995
Episode 107 - 04/17/1995
Episode 108 - 04/24/1995
Smackdown Replays
Episode 8 - 10/13/1999
Bank Robbery - 06/13/2014

Why is the date wrong? It was October 14, not October 13.

Anyways, probably because The Rock and Mankind won the tag titles from the New Age Outlaws.

If anyone out there who has shared their WWE Network Account with someone, could you drop me a PM to let me know if it's worked out OK and hasn't locked the account for multiple IP Address access.

Thanks!

Aiii

So not worth it
If anyone out there who has shared their WWE Network Account with someone, could you drop me a PM to let me know if it's worked out OK and hasn't locked the account for multiple IP Address access.

Thanks!

Doscussed on the Observer Radio today. As much as four people share one account witht issue, WWE needs to sort out their security.

Yeah Netflix haven't even dropped an email about the around the world whistle stop tour I do while watching their service. They probably don't want to anger someone who can travel from Sweden to America, to Brazil to UK in 5 hours.

joelseph

It's not security as much as not giving a shit. Aren't Hulu, HBO GO, and Netflix the same way? Not worth the time to look into things.

Hulu+ makes you register devices to your account, which I am assuming caps at some number. Whether you can run multiple devices from different IP addresses concurrently I don't know.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's not security as much as not giving a shit. Aren't Hulu, HBO GO, and Netflix the same way? Not worth the time to look into things.

Netflix is restricted to two simultaneous viewers. HBO Go meeds a cable sub to get an account so is covered that way.

WWE is losing subs by having no restrictions at all, dumb move.

Netflix is restricted to two simultaneous viewers. HBO Go meeds a cable sub to get an account so is covered that way.

WWE is losing subs by having no restrictions at all, dumb move.

You can't lose what you never had. I feel like those people would never have subbed anyway, and would just download the content from torrent sites later.

strobogo

Banned
New Generation is such garbage. Episode 98 of Raw features Henry Godwinn, Man Mountain Rock, Mantaur, a fake lawyer reading a prepared statement for Lawrence Taylor, Mable, Lex Luger, King Kong Bundy, a sit down between Vince and Diesel which was basically just a big thing for Vince to brag about all the shit he does for Nash while actually calling him Kevin Nash, and Vince going on a rant about the media treating Marcia Clark poorly.

Top Bottom