• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
PAGING STROBOGO

"There's a hidden page with a header and a dropdown for years 1984 and 1985 of TNT. No videos, though. Link here: http://network.wwe.com/shows/vault/tuesday-night-titans
I tried other shows/promotions but none worked. Something else that worked is a show that we know will debut in a couple of days... (also no videos) http://network.wwe.com/shows/originals/total-divas
I'd not be surprised to see this as the next "classic" series to debut given that there's been a general complaint about the lack of old stuff, that this is footage readily converted and edited (from WWE 24/7) and that the network is still very WWF/WWE-centric."

OH SHIT

Just looked up TNT on Wikipedia, and the Notable Moments list...

• The first televised wrestling wedding with Paul Vachon, the reception afterward involving a large food fight in which both Vince McMahon and Lord Alfred Hayes were hit in the face with pies.
  • Then-WWF champion Hulk Hogan introduced his protein drink, which everyone on the set liked with the exception of Lord Alfred Hayes, who vomited immediately after he drank it.
  • Roddy Piper playing Ebenezer Scrooge in a takeoff of Dickens' A Christmas Carol.
  • Mr. Fuji and Don Muraco did a parody of Miami Vice called Fuji Vice. This was part of a series of ersatz "pilots" that Fuji and Muraco were supposedly shopping to television producers; others included Fuji General (a soap opera in the vein of General Hospital) and The Fuji Bandito (a Western). The duo also performed a live comedy skit that notably and humorously featured Fuji messing up lines (including "how about some tropical stuff" instead of "topical stuff").
  • George Steele undergoes electroshock therapy in order to cure his speech problem, but only manages to say "How now, brown cow?".
  • Dr. "D", David Schultz accidentally firing a loaded gun while showing his collection to Vince McMahon and Alfred Hayes.
  • Fred Blassie bringing a live chicken onto the set and boasting that Kamala would eat it live on the air.[2] A cutaway shot was immediately shown—after Vince McMahon tried in vain to stop it—of feathers flying out of Kamala's mouth (to illustrate Kamala's kayfabe chicken dinner).

guy-takes-off-ones-set-of-sunglasses-but-has-a-second-set-on-aswell.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Still waiting on Tuesday Night Titans.

In Ring
Wwe Main Event Replays
Episode 91 - 06/24/2014

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I also missed yesterday's update, keen to see the Managers countdown (Heenan as #1 I would assume)

Original
Wwe Countdown
Magnificent Managers - 06/24/2014
In Ring
Wwe Main Event Replays
CHANGED - Main Event Replay - 06/24/2014

strobogo

Banned
Almost time for some nitro :D. The new generation is among us folks.

Prepare for awful gimmicks, random feuds, and celebrities main eventing wrestlemania.

We've been in the New Generation for a while. I think it started at KOTR 1993. Some people like DM think it started at WM10. It's pretty terrible, no matter when it started.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You can either start the NG after Hulk Hogan's match with Sid or after his rematch with Yokozuna.

I honestly think the Attitude era is the hard one to really find a good start date for. There's sort of a late new generation/racial gang warfare era that really isn't NG nor pure Attitude Era sleaze yet. I put the Attitude era start date firmly on the Raw after Wrestlemania XIV for purely selfish reasons of that being the date that brought me back into wrasslin.

strobogo

Banned
I think the Attitude Era started with the Austin/Bret angle in 1996, with Pillman and the gun and all that. But it slowly ramped up from there. It wasn't like one week it was NG and the next week it was full blown AE.

FyreWulff

In my mind, I associate the attitude era with dark-colored rings/arena (or drab colored arena), a crowd that looks super close to the camera, a slight haze in the arena, and tons of wrestlers cutting promos and arguing with people from the ring while the other person is on the titantron.

Jamie OD

Watching World Class stuff. The Devastation Inc. preview images before the commercial break on some episodes might become a gift that keeps on giving.

devinc_zps422f3b5b.png

next-devastation_zps6aad93ea.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I sure do love those WCCW episodes. Really tight, dope TV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Original
Total Divas
Welcome To The WWE! - 07/28/2013
In Ring
Raw Backstage Pass
CHANGED - Backstage Pass to Raw #1100 - 06/22/2014
Uncategorized
CHANGED - Pre-Show to Raw #1100 - 06/22/2014
Wwe Main Event Replays
Episode 91 - 06/23/2014
Wwe Nxt
Episode 228 - 06/25/2014
Wwe Superstars
Episode 272 - 06/25/2014

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still think TNA's best plan for a turn around is to make the Dallas Sportatorium their new Impact zone and have Kevin Von Erich on every week with his boys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still think TNA's best plan for a turn around is to make the Dallas Sportatorium their new Impact zone and have Kevin Von Erich on every week with his boys.

I can live with that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Smackdown Replays
Family Affair - 05/23/2014
Raw Replays
Trials and Stipulations - 05/25/2014

Been watching old Clash of the Champions

I miss Clash of the Champions :(
At least the ones before it turned into a glorified episode of Nitro

Clash 1 is such a stacked card for something on free TV.

So, Im in Canada and I've tried EVERYTHING possible to sign up for this.

I've tried using Hola and changing my DNS, but I just can't SIGN UP.

I downloaded the app through PSN (US Account).

I have a question for you guys.

Is this plan possible:

-U.S friend signs me up on WWE.com
-I give my U.S. friend my CC details to sign me up. Initially for the 1 week trial, and then I pay after
-As soon as payment is complete, U.S. friend deletes my CC information (or I just change my password for WWE.com)
-Transaction is complete. I sign in on WWE Network app in Canada, with American DNS (the same that allows me to acces American Netflix).

Is this doable?

Please let me know before MiTB :'(

From what I remember, Clash 1 went head-to-head with Survivor Series '87, so yeah, they stacked that.

Wretlemania 4 actually. You're confusing it with the fact that the WWF created Survivor Series to try and "compete" with Starrcade (by that I mean Vince threatened the PPV companies to not air Starrcade over SS). Clash 1 was created to try and take viewers away from WM 4. And given the choice of watching Clash 1 for free or paying for WM 4 (which was excruciatingly boring the last time I watched it) I'll go with Clash 1.

Anyway, I'm watching Steamboat vs. Austin from one of the 94 Clashes. Awesome match.

dubq

So, Im in Canada and I've tried EVERYTHING possible to sign up for this.

I've tried using Hola and changing my DNS, but I just can't SIGN UP.

I downloaded the app through PSN (US Account).

I have a question for you guys.

Is this plan possible:

-U.S friend signs me up on WWE.com
-I give my U.S. friend my CC details to sign me up. Initially for the 1 week trial, and then I pay after
-As soon as payment is complete, U.S. friend deletes my CC information (or I just change my password for WWE.com)
-Transaction is complete. I sign in on WWE Network app in Canada, with American DNS (the same that allows me to acces American Netflix).

Is this doable?

Please let me know before MiTB :'(

I use unblock-us.com for the DNS thing. As far as signing up for billing, you just need to use this guide (it's for Hulu but it worked for WWEN for me as well):

Option 3 (Canadian credit card) (For Canadians):
Contributed by another of our excellent user. Thank you for the detailed instructions!

Basically the credit card address validation that Hulu use works like this:

#1. They compare the billing street address to the zip code to ensure that the address is within the given zip code.

#2. They compare the zip code with the credit card's billing address to ensure that the zip code is the same one used on your Credit Card’s billing address (i.e. the address your bank knows about).

Check #1 is easy to satisfy if you just lookup an address for a given zip code. The real question is how do you pick a zip code that matches your credit card? Y
our Canadian credit card does not have a zip code! This is where we can take advantage of a feature in the credit card validation code run by credit card companies.

Have you ever driven a rental car in the US, and before you return it you go to gas it up. You try to pay at the pump with your Canadian credit card (why not, your CC works everywhere else in the US) but then you encounter a problem. To validate that the credit card you are using is yours they ask not for your PIN number, but your ZIP code that is associated with the billing address of your credit card. Initially I thought that meant I just couldn't use my Canadian credit card in the US for those gas stations that did zip code validation. I later learned that there is actually a way for Canadian customers to satisfy the zip code question.

To prove that the credit card is yours, just take your postal code and strip out all the letters and enter the numbers. You'll only get 3 numbers from your postal code (my three numbers are 706) and you can have any two numbers after those three - and it will satisfy the zip code validation. So, in my case any zip code from 70600 to 70699 will work with the credit card validation algorithm. This "back door" in VISA validation was created specifically for foreigners who find themselves in the US and get prompted for their billing address "zip code", but it works pretty much everywhere since it is the same code on VISAs computers that validates the card on Hulu as it does for the gas station.

But while 70600 will satisfy the VISA validation check (item #2), that zip code won't satisfy item #1 because it is not a valid ZIP code, there are no addresses in that zip code. So, I try Googling 70601. A few more searches on Google and I've located a PO Box that has the zip code 70601 and I use that address as my billing address. Now I can satisfy checks #1 and #2.

#1. The PO Box address is indeed within the given ZIP code (they probably check some USPS web service for this).

#2. The ZIP code matches the billing address on your Canadian credit card (due to the back door which was created to allow Canadians to pay-at-the-pump to fill up their rental).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Original
This Week In Wwe
Episode 283 - 06/28/2014
Wwe Beyond The Ring
Bobby The Brain Heenan - 12/28/2010
In Ring
Raw Replays
Episode 94 - 01/09/1995
Episode 95 - 01/16/1995

Aiii

So not worth it
Anyone else using Unblock-US having problems with the Network? Getting a "Media not available" error which I normally only get when my unblock-us is not configured to the IP I'm on at that moment.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's odd, tried it on Chrome, Firefox and IE and all aren't working.

Hmpf, time to bugfix on my end then I suppose :(

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In Ring
Smackdown Replays
Uso Crazy - 05/30/2014
Raw Replays
Episode 96 - 01/23/1995
Episode 97 - 01/30/1995
Episode 98 - 02/06/1995
WWE PPVs
Money In The Bank
WWE Money In The Bank 2014 - 06/29/2014

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There will be no Beyond the Ring this Saturday because in celebration of July 4th weekend, there will be a Great American Bash marathon, but the following Saturday July 12th the documentary portion of The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story will air.

strobogo

Banned
There will be no Beyond the Ring this Saturday because in celebration of July 4th weekend, there will be a Great American Bash marathon, but the following Saturday July 12th the documentary portion of The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story will air.

The Dusty DVD was pretty dope.

RP912

Banned

Probably one of the best things the network has done so far.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Dusty DVD was pretty dope.

I liked it too, watched it when it was on Netflix. Also enjoyed the Road Warriors one, which should hit anytime really. Seeing all the places in Minnesota where they hung out, drank, and lifted was dope.

strobogo

Banned
LEGIT SHOOK PRESENTS

WWF ROYAL RUMBLE 1995

Here's the deal: watch Bret vs Diesel. Skip everything else, including the Rumble. IRS/Taker is utter dog shit. Jeff vs Razor wasn't very good at all. Tatanka/Bam Bam vs Kid/Holly was okay. The Rumble sucked, but it was really short.

However, Bret vs Diesel is GREAT. Excellent stuff the whole way through. Both guys get dirty from the start, but Bret is nearly full on heel for the majority of the match. He's actually booed at one point for cheating so much. Bret and Nash had great chemistry in all of their matches, no matter what their roles were. By New Generation standards, it is an easy 5 star match. Loved it. People will never give Nash credit, but he worked his ass off in this match, and all of his matches with Bret and Shawn. I really believe that Nash had better matches with Bret and Shawn than Bret and Shawn had with each other. Highly highly recommend that match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Monday, Jul 7th ALL the Saturday Night Main Events show up on the Network. Fuck yes.

Top Bottom