• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I believe this completes all the SNMEs:

Vault
Saturday Nights Main Event
Episode 25 - 01/27/1990
Episode 39 - 02/23/1990
Episode 26 - 04/28/1990
Episode 27 - 07/28/1990
Episode 28 - 10/13/1990
Episode 40 - 11/23/1990
Episode 41 - 02/01/1991
Episode 29 - 04/27/1991
Episode 30 - 02/08/1992
Episode 31 - 11/14/1992
Episode 32 - 03/18/2006
Episode 34 - 06/02/2007
Episode 35 - 08/18/2007
Episode 36 - 08/02/2008
In Ring
Smackdown Replays
Spirit Of (7) 76 - 07/03/2014

#COBOKBYE

Neo Member
Supposedly, the angle where Linda busted Vince getting fresh with Torrie Wilson was supposed to lead to Linda giving Shane and WCW the Raw timeslot and letting it be Nitro for some undetermined amount of time. The original plan was for Raw to become Nitro and for Smackdown to become the main WWF show. Velocity would become the WCW b-show (possibly the new WCW Saturday Night) and Heat would become the WWF b-show. But yeah, the Buff/Booker trainwreck ended all that.

What did buff and booker do?

What did buff and booker do?

The end of Raw on July 2, 2001 was converted into WCW and the main event had Booker T. defending the WCW World Title against Buff Bagwell. It was a god-awful, terrible match (which is understandable considering neither of them had worked a real match in over three months). The fans in the arena completely turned on the match because it was so bad, which was rare in 2001. The match was so awful, Vince decided to throw out all the plans and go into a new direction, which had Stephanie "purchase" ECW from Paul Heyman and join up with Shane the next week.

blurrygil

I believe this completes all the SNMEs:

Vault
Saturday Nights Main Event
Episode 25 - 01/27/1990
Episode 39 - 02/23/1990
Episode 26 - 04/28/1990
Episode 27 - 07/28/1990
Episode 28 - 10/13/1990
Episode 40 - 11/23/1990
Episode 41 - 02/01/1991
Episode 29 - 04/27/1991
Episode 30 - 02/08/1992
Episode 31 - 11/14/1992
Episode 32 - 03/18/2006
Episode 34 - 06/02/2007
Episode 35 - 08/18/2007
Episode 36 - 08/02/2008
In Ring
Smackdown Replays
Spirit Of (7) 76 - 07/03/2014

YUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! TEH 90s!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait... >_>

strobogo

Banned
The end of Raw on July 2, 2001 was converted into WCW and the main event had Booker T. defending the WCW World Title against Buff Bagwell. It was a god-awful, terrible match (which is understandable considering neither of them had worked a real match in over three months). The fans in the arena completely turned on the match because it was so bad, which was rare in 2001. The match was so awful, Vince decided to throw out all the plans and go into a new direction, which had Stephanie "purchase" ECW from Paul Heyman and join up with Shane the next week.

They also did it in an area where WCW never ran shows and had a very quite, mumbling Arn Anderson doing color commentary. And Buff was blown up immediately. There were a couple other WCW matches on Raw/Smackdown (DDP vs Booker and at least one or two Cruiserweight Championship matches), but the Buff match ruined everything.

So the entire direction of an industry rested on Booker and Buff's shoulders?

Wow. I would have chosen bigger names to enter the ring that night. Anyways even if the match was a 5 star match, Vince would have found a way to screw it up. If your heart is not into putting it over, than just let it die. Just like he did. No one in WWE gave a shit about WCW anymore. They really just bought a video library that was all.

You had a dream line up of cross matches available to you, with enough story lines to last a decade, and they defecated on the entire history of NWA-WCW.

strobogo

Banned
And even with no Hogan/Hall/Nash/Sting/Goldberg/Macho/Sid/Steiner/Rey/Flair, Invasion was still a massive PPV that is still one of the biggest shows WWE has ever done. So much money to be made.

Fox Mulder

I don't believe he would have given WCW a fair chance anyways if everything depended on Buff Bagwell. There was only so much they could do while top guys sat home with guaranteed contracts, but literally anything else done with WCW would have been better than what we got.

Son Of D

And even with no Hogan/Hall/Nash/Sting/Goldberg/Macho/Sid/Steiner/Rey/Flair, Invasion was still a massive PPV that is still one of the biggest shows WWE has ever done. So much money to be made.

Makes you wonder how big the PPV (and the entire angle to be honest) would have been if those you mentioned were willing/able to show up. Would have been insane.

GRW810

Oh wow, mid-90s WWF was truly dogshit. It had absolutely no idea what it wanted to be. Gimmick characters galore, King Mabel main-eventing, legends being misused and disappearing.

I grew up in the 90s and got into wrestling from watching VHS tapes of the wonderful 80s WWF, while simultaneously wondering what the hell was up with the present-day product. I had no idea about WCW or the impending Monday Night Wars, I was just really confused about why Hogan and Savage were gone but Sparky Plugg, Duke 'the Dumpster' Drose and Tekno Team 2000 were on my TV.

strobogo

Banned
Oh wow, mid-90s WWF was truly dogshit. It had absolutely no idea what it wanted to be. Gimmick characters galore, King Mabel main-eventing, legends being misused and disappearing.

I grew up in the 90s and got into wrestling from watching VHS tapes of the wonderful 80s WWF, while simultaneously wondering what the hell was up with the present-day product. I had no idea about WCW or the impending Monday Night Wars, I was just really confused about why Hogan and Savage were gone but Sparky Plugg, Duke 'the Dumpster' Drose and Tekno Team 2000 were on my TV.

But according to DM, it's the best era in wrestling history, with the best wrestlers, angles, and characters.

They also did it in an area where WCW never ran shows and had a very quite, mumbling Arn Anderson doing color commentary. And Buff was blown up immediately. There were a couple other WCW matches on Raw/Smackdown (DDP vs Booker and at least one or two Cruiserweight Championship matches), but the Buff match ruined everything.

Yep. Of all places to run this angle, why Tacoma, WA? Especially when they were going to be in fucking ATLANTA, GA the very next week?

dubq

Anyone else having issues with the PS4 live stream? It works fine on PC and PS3 for me, but on PS4 it's constantly pausing audio and/or video and then resuming. Pause. Resume. etc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vault
Video Vault
SummerSlam 1995 - 08/27/1995
SummerSlam 2000 - 08/27/2000
In Ring
Raw Replays
Episode 123 - 08/07/1995
Episode 425 - 07/16/2001
Smackdown Replays
Episode 140 - 04/25/2002

Vault
Video Vault
SummerSlam 1995 - 08/27/1995
SummerSlam 2000 - 08/27/2000
In Ring
Raw Replays
Episode 123 - 08/07/1995
Episode 425 - 07/16/2001
Smackdown Replays
Episode 140 - 04/25/2002

The July 16, 2001 Raw is the last Raw before the Invasion PPV.

The April 25, 2002 Smackdown features Randy Orton's debut.

RBH

WWE Network content status update: Nitros will be up by October, there will be some kind of other WCW content in January, and more of both World Class and WCCW will go up right around the launch/WrestleMania renewal cycle, so likely September. The company acknowledged at an investors' conference that they have plenty of stuff being held back, which is news that is simultaneously good and bad.
-Figure Four Weekly

Supposedly, when WCW Nitro goes up, they will all go up at once like Clash of the Champions did. So the first episode from September 4, 1995 all the way up to March 26, 2001 will all go up at once.

DMczaf

Supposedly, when WCW Nitro goes up, they will all go up at once like Clash of the Champions did. So the first episode from September 4, 1995 all the way up to March 26, 2001 will all go up at once.

Bullshit. If that happens, I will post on the internet that I am happy.

RP912

Banned

I can only hope and pray for this. I bought the damn network to sit through the russo years dammit...not twirl my thumbs and look at legends house.

Vee_One

WWE network is supposed to be available tomorrow in Australia (or Wednesday) and there is a real lack of info. Would be nice if it is 9.99 a month but it remains to be seen. Hopefully we don't get price gouged. Getting pretty excited - looks good.

bigcheese

I would kind of prefer for them to slowly release them, the way they've been putting the RAWs on the Network. They could put up one week's RAW and Nitro at the same time, and we could relive the Monday Night Wars.

somedevil

It seems like starting on Monday at 9am they are airing Smackdown from the beginning in chronological order. Not sure if its just this week or it will be ongoing.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I would kind of prefer for them to slowly release them, the way they've been putting the RAWs on the Network. They could put up one week's RAW and Nitro at the same time, and we could relive the Monday Night Wars.
Yeah, I can't complain about ALL Nitros, but I'm wanting to relive the Monday Night Wars. With all those episodes between both, it could be paced at an acceptable level.

Aiii

So not worth it

I think that's their plan, and it's a good one for me, I don't have time to binge watch this stuff anyways, so having it paced out gives me a good chance of watching both during the week and slowly making my way through the storylines and stuff. Looking forward to it, along with the Monday Night War program.

---
FYI, you can check where the Network will become available starting tomorrow on this FAQ page: https://secure.net.wwe.com/account/help/help-center/?topic=subscribed/0/a_id/166/

Netherlands is in there, now nobody can say I'm "stealing their bandwidth and clogging up their live feeds" yay! :D

FDC1

WWE network is supposed to be available tomorrow in Australia (or Wednesday) and there is a real lack of info. Would be nice if it is 9.99 a month but it remains to be seen. Hopefully we don't get price gouged. Getting pretty excited - looks good.

Same for me in France. Barely any communication about that on their website. And then they will cry because numbers are bad. I hope we get PS4 or PS3 apps quickly.

Aiii

So not worth it
Same for me in France. Barely any communication about that on their website. And then they will cry because numbers are bad. I hope we get PS4 or PS3 apps quickly.

FYI. You can download either for free from the US PSN store easily.

FDC1

FYI. You can download either for free from the US PSN store easily.

I already downloaded them even if I don't have the network yet. But I don't know if I will be able tomorrow to connect with my french account on the US app. Somehow I doubt it but I hope I'm wrong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
More of that Slam City trash is up.

Original
Slam City
Between a Rock and a Pizza: Pt 1 - 10/18/2014
Between a Rock and a Pizza: Pt 2 - 10/25/2014
In Ring
Smackdown Replays
Episode 3 - 09/09/1999
Episode 4 - 09/16/1999
Irresistible Forces - 07/11/2014

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE has opened up the Network to international users now, I can now use the WWE Network without using the DNS services and on Android as well (which used the device's location services to determine if you were in US or not).

So yay!

WWE has opened up the Network to international users now, I can now use the WWE Network without using the DNS services and on Android as well (which used the device's location services to determine if you were in US or not).

So yay!

Canada still gives the country lockout on iOS.

Fuck our bum deal.

FDC1

Same in France, still unavailable :(

Did they say something about that on Raw? (note: no spoiler on the show itself please)

FDC1

Same in France, still unavailable :(

Did they say something about that on Raw? (note: no spoiler on the show itself please)

It's up! I was able to subscribe without any problem. Sadly, I can't use the network at work , I'm impatient to try this at home tonight

They charged me $59.94 for the 6 months (I chose to pay all ine once) + $11.99 in tax. That's €55,54.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I heard this shit was good.

Original Specials
SummerSlam Prelude Cena v Lesnar - 08/11/2014

Aiii

So not worth it
clipboard01d1jxk.jpg

Now 9,99 with 6 month commitment and 12,99 a month with no commitment.

Top Bottom