• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

zychi

Banned
The signup was a bitch, but now that im on. Im really impressed by the quality and how quick things load. Wwe and mlb did a great job on the server side for actual subscribers

ElRenoRaven

I firmly believe they underestimated demand for 1st day.

I have no doubt they did. I mean people would be fools to pass up 10 bucks a PPV. That's basically what you're paying if you buy the network. Why would I pay 60 bucks a PPV when I can pay that twice a year and get all the extras besides the PPVs?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The signup was a bitch, but now that im on. Im really impressed by the quality and how quick things load. Wwe and mlb did a great job on the server side for actual subscribers

Yeah, it seems to be working pretty well so far. I finally got an Email confirmation receipt, too.

v0yce

Guys try mobile. I was just able to sign up no problems at all.

Can you sign into the app?

I was able to sign up and buy and all on their mobile site with no issues, but when I try to sign into the app it says invalid/wrong id or password. I haven't received a confirmation email yet either.

notworksafe

IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION CONVERTED INTO A PAID SUBSCRIPTION, YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR SERVICE BEFORE THE END OF YOUR TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION ON 03-MAR-14 BY CALLING (866) 308-5684.

Going the XBL route, eh Vince?

jbug617

Banned
Can you sign into the app?

I was able to sign up and buy and all on their mobile site with no issues, but when I try to sign into the app it says invalid/wrong id or password. I haven't received a confirmation email yet either.

Yeah I got into the app (iPad) I got the confirmation email also

notworksafe

I wonder how that works... like if you call the next day to cancel... are you stuck with all 6 months?

That's to cancel the trial. To cancel the paid sub you can call or do it on the site...yes you are locked in for six months.

Billing Information: WWE Network payments will be made every month, based on the date of your subscription. To cancel your subscription, call (866) 306-5684 or change your renewal preferences in the Billing Information section of your WWE Network account. Cancellations will only be effective at the end of each six-month subscription period. This means that you will have continued access to WWE Network for the remainder of the six-month subscription period, but will not receive a refund.

Branson

Everytime I hit the credit card button on my iPhone it loads a blank space below the price and then goes away and puts me back up at the top of the page where you input your name. PayPal doesn't do anything except erase my password and country/state selection. Fuck.

RBH

I haven't even signed up for a WWE.com account yet.

Should I even bother trying to sign up today, or just wait until tomorrow?

ElRenoRaven

Watching Tuesday in Texas for the first time, I miss Gorilla Monsoon =(

Yea Just watching these first 3 Monday Night Raws and seeing all the long gone wrestlers is saddening somewhat. You have Bobby Heanen, Macho, Henning, Yokozuna, Paul Bearer, Crush, Owen, I could go on and on.

abundant

When they finally fix everything (constant buffering) this thing is going to be amazing. The VOD stuff is worth the money alone, add in PPVs and NXT and it's a steal for just $10 a month.

GQman2121

Banned
My experience with the product thus far in gif form:

icYZn5eyT1CRg.gif

Except with a lot more pausing and even crashing in between.

blurrygil

This has been great so far. Hiccups and login issues, be damned.

Dat Vince "Welcome" video. "Vince-fist" makes an odd appearance, lol...

VinceFist.png~original

Just happened to catch this during a Warrior doc promo....bwaaaahahahahaha!!!

WarriorLOL.png~original

MOAR FISTS!!!!

I'm loving this. First PPV: Summerslam 91, at daaaaaa Gaaaaaaaden!! *sigh* Also the last time the Warrior was really any entertaining...

edit: Oh damn, the Savage-Elizabeth wedding...!!! :D

WWE has to give money back to people who clicked on the free trial option, used paypal as an option and still got locked into a subscription anyway.

Rapstah

Does anyone on this planet like Greg Valentine? He's Ric Flair but fat and worse. Fuck off.

WM1 is getting to me.

Edit: Didn't intend to post this in this thread.

DonDraper

Banned
Man. I wanted to try the free trial, but if they are charging for that too, then this is pretty lame. I can understand video and site traffic issues. But to not have some basic functionality tested and ready before rollout is pretty crazy.

JayTee71

Neo Member
Weird glitch for me on PS4. Whenever I attempt to login and press a key, the keyboard goes away and the login screen shows nothing entered.

ElRenoRaven

Weird glitch for me on PS4. Whenever I attempt to login and press a key, the keyboard goes away and the login screen shows nothing entered.

Yea had that issue this morning. X acts like the right trigger. Use the button to to the right to pick your letters.

styl3s

I got charged too. I was going to be buying it anyway so I don't really care that it's a week early.
Charged or pended? There is a huge difference.

Most free trials will pend out the money to make sure you are using a legit card that has money and then they put it back into your account.

witness

Yeah the 9.99 is just a pending charge to make sure the card is legit. Check your WWE account and it should say that you are on a free trial until 3/3 and need to cancel before then to not be charged. The charge should go away in a couple days.

Charged or pended? There is a huge difference.

Most free trials will pend out the money to make sure you are using a legit card that has money and then they put it back into your account.
I didn't see anything added back, but then again I wasn't looking.

Top Bottom