• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

strobogo

Banned
Censoring curses is so fucking weak. It's a paid service with their own content and you can easily have a disclaimer.

ECW stuff might be different since they probably don't have the direct masters, but WE COMIN FOR YOU NIGGA got left in, which is hilarious and awesome.

DonDraper

Banned
I took the plunge, hoping I wouldn't be one of the people who was charge during the free trial period. I ended up being charged. Not pending, but fully charged. I called my bank and told them I was charge for something that was supposed to be a free trial. They ended up giving me a credit for the charge. I figured they would just reverse the charge, but it looks like they just credited my account the charge.

So I guess I get my free trial after all. HAHA

Son Of D

Couple of questions.

1 - Does One Night Stand 2005 have the original music or the dubbed themes?
2 - As someone in the UK who wants to watch this on PS3, I'd need a US PSN account to access it right?
3 - Any idea how much it'll be for a month in GBP using the US address method? I did a rough conversion that puts it at £5.99. So I'm presuming it'll be around that price charged on my paypal correct?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This Hart/Michaels Beyond the Ring special has been fantastic. Wow.

I watched it when it released and felt kinda worn out by it, but since then the screwjob talk has finally died down. Tuned in during lunch and loved it. I absolutely LOVE that they have a channel.

MickeyPhree

I really hope they add ecw on sci fi to the network. I was taking a sabbatical from wrestling at the time and would really love to experience the train wreck.

Kaladin

Hmmmm.

I wonder if someone could look up the date when WWE started doing the Hulu Raw edits. I bet that is the date the current Raw replays begin.

Anyone care to check into that?

BigDug13

Lots of paused buffering on my PS3. Every 5 seconds another pause/buffering. Ran a speed test and I'm at 17mbps down and 1.7 Mbps up with 40 ping. So wtf?

styl3s

ECW stuff might be different since they probably don't have the direct masters, but WE COMIN FOR YOU NIGGA got left in, which is hilarious and awesome.
I have already heard cussing from other PPVs so they obviously aren't going out of there way to censor it. It's a masters issue.

Are the WCW stuff on there?

Probably the main reason I would buy this.
All WCW ppvs.

No Nitro/Thunder stuff yet. I assume we will get the same Nitros during the "Monday Night War series" that we did when they ran that on the comcast on-demand.

Just watch December to Dismember 2006, that's all the pain you need.
Wonder if "Change the channel" chants are in it.

ElRenoRaven

I have already heard cussing from other PPVs so they obviously aren't going out of there way to censor it. It's a masters issue.

All WCW ppvs.

No Nitro/Thunder stuff yet. I assume we will get the same Nitros during the "Monday Night War series" that we did when they ran that on the comcast on-demand.

Wonder if "Change the channel" chants are in it.

Not according to PWInsider.

I have a follow-up on missing PPVs from the Network. I went through every category diligently and here is what is missing from all 3 companies.

WWE
-No Holds Barred: The Match/The Movie (1989)
-Insurrextion (2000)
-Royal Rumble (2011)
-Royal Rumble (2014)

WCW
-The Great American Bash (1991)
-Japan Supershow (1991)
-Japan Supershow (1992)
-Japan Supershow (1993)
-When World's Collide (1994)
-Collision In Korea (1995)
-Millenium Final (2000) *German-only PPV

ECW
-Massacre On 34th Street

styl3s

I watched it when it released and felt kinda worn out by it, but since then the screwjob talk has finally died down. Tuned in during lunch and loved it. I absolutely LOVE that they have a channel.
I felt completely burnt out with the whole screwjob shit when that dvd came out. I had recently watched the Rise of WCW and monday night wars stuff and history of the WWE and it was like i fucking get it, Bret was screwed.

I am now getting to a point where it would probably be interesting.

abundant

Just got done watching WrestleMania Rewind and the first episode of Monday Night RAW, so good. When this thing works, it's a wrestling fans dream come true.

Well that's the thing, I couldn't load any of the live stuff before Unblock did their magic, and I wasn't getting error messages in the website either, just in the Android app. Now it's working like a charm.

As the trial is free, it's worth a shot for you guys, right? I'm convinced they'll fix the region lock for all the content somewhere down the line anyways, can't imagine it'll be region free.

You're right, getting an error every time with the live content, on demand is fine. Don't really want to pay for unblock us when I've used free alternatives like tunlr and media hint to get US netflix.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I felt completely burnt out with the whole screwjob shit when that dvd came out. I had recently watched the Rise of WCW and monday night wars stuff and history of the WWE and it was like i fucking get it, Bret was screwed.

I am now getting to a point where it would probably be interesting.

A ton of credit goes to JR, asking the right questions and keeping the flow of conversation going. He is the best part of that entire "Greatest Rivalries" episode.

Razorskin

----- ------
Thank you based Vince.

yx4LNOE.gif

BigDug13

Hmm ok so I guess elimination chamber is listed on the schedule by going left, but that same PPV event is not listed in the PPV section of the app.

jmdajr

WWE had never been TV-MA or R. Not sure why people would think they would be now.

I guess you can get by with a few things, but nudity and f-bombs?

gimme that fucking mike

For people getting the Media Error outside the US, live content seems to be geo-blocked. I've tried with Media Hint, though, and content loads fine. Unbloock-US is also working on other devices such as PS3, PS4, and Roku.

If anyone if having troubles signing up for a paid account, try going through the WWE Shop rather than just following the link from the front of WWE.com.

How can get I get media hint working? It works fine for US Netflix but didn't seem to allow me to watch live wwe network content.

styl3s

A ton of credit goes to JR, asking the right questions and keeping the flow of conversation going. He is the best part of that entire "Greatest Rivalries" episode.
Are they making more of these? Can you imagine Sting signing with WWE and getting a Sting/Hogan or Sting/Flair one?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Over 220k so far on the WWE Network subs according to David Bixenspan from Bleacher Report.

Are they making more of these? Can you imagine Sting signing with WWE and getting a Sting/Hogan or Sting/Flair one?

Supposedly. I shouldn't get my hopes up for a Nailz/Big Boss Man one though.

Or a Hogan/Genius.

There are no PPV's from 2014. Why? I thought the advertising said "every PPV available day 1".

Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber are both being held back by 30 days in order to honour distribution agreements with cable/satellite providers. They should be available Feb 26th and March 25th respectively.

Future PPVs will be aired live on the Network and will be available On Demand after.

Over 220k so far on the WWE Network subs according to David Bixenspan from Bleacher Report.

Supposedly. I shouldn't get my hopes up for a Nailz/Big Boss Man one though.

Or a Hogan/Genius.
I remember hearing that Rock/Austin would be next, probably crap from the NEWZ sites. I'd love that one, but would prefer Rock/HHH

Stuart444

Just finished watching that "This is NXT" video.

I like that Zayn (sp?) guy, looked great in that match. Will defo be checking NXT from now on, some of the guys/girls look pretty good.

bigkrev

So this is a DVD they did in 2012. They did one in the same format with Cena and Rock last year.
The preview for the next episode is the most recent Stone Cold DVD

Cairnsay

Banned
Well finally got on about 3 hours ago, watching through the PS4 app (in the UK, pretty awesome how all you need is a US address to sign up then a US PSN account). With so much stuff to access right away it took me a long time of browsing before settling on Halloween Havoc 1996, not really sure why. It was pretty jerky to begin with, just about got through the awesome Malenko/Mysterio opener (I forgot just how fantastic the WCW Cruisers were) alas it was then it crashed on me. Got back in and decided to relive the Raw from 1998 on there (the Austin on a Zamboni episode) the stream was a lot better, had no problems with it, going to check out Judgement Day 1998 tomorrow as that's the PPV that Raw is hyping.

So far seems like a good service that has the potential to be fantastic, especially for people like myself, I was a wrestling nut from about 1990, tapered of in 2006 and hardly watch now. If they can get enough Raw's and Nitro's on there so you could effectively go through a whole year of that companies TV and PPV's I will be ecstatic. I know they're going to have they're own Monday Night Wars series, but I also want the option to watch the whole episodes of those shows. See the random Meng vs Glacier type bouts are what its all about!

Carnby

I did. Nice smooth transition from the Hardcore title match to Jeff Jarrett vs. Val Venis. However, I can see that the crowd is in a state of shock with crossed arms and little emotion on their faces.

I take it they cut out Jarrett's backstage interview where he is visibly upset.

ElRenoRaven

Not at all surprised that the NJPW/WCW shows aren't up since I assume they are owned by NJPW

Yup same here. I honestly never expect anything cross promoted to show up. WWE could surprise me though and down the road work something out to get rights to put them on the network but I doubt it.

Top Bottom